Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll
  10 / 10    
ok... the situtation is this: running the game (but its one of other few) i had a PC shutdown... im noticing that the fan speed of the PC/GPU are high but honestly, it has always been like this since i've switched to AMD proc from Intel. on the event manager i've now seen the below error: System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4} EventID 41 Version 3 Level 1 Task 63 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000000000000002 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2016-07-11T15:06:14.150763000Z EventRecordID 5973 Correlation - Execution [ ProcessID] 4 [ ThreadID] 8 Channel System Computer Desktop - Security [ UserID] S-1-5-18 - EventData BugcheckCode 0 BugcheckParameter1 0x0 BugcheckParameter2 0x0 BugcheckParameter3 0x0 BugcheckParameter4 0x0 SleepInProgress 0 PowerButtonTimestamp 0 BootAppStatus 0
ok...
the situtation is this:

running the game (but its one of other few) i had a PC shutdown...
im noticing that the fan speed of the PC/GPU are high but honestly, it has always been like this since i've switched to AMD proc from Intel.
on the event manager i've now seen the below error:

System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 3

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2016-07-11T15:06:14.150763000Z

EventRecordID 5973

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Desktop

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress 0
PowerButtonTimestamp 0
BootAppStatus 0

Posted 07/11/2016 03:12 PM   
. Yesterday, you were to update to the 347.88 - the first time you mention a crash is above. So, did it work yesterday for longer or less than you had had it working before we started? Is this the SAME crash you previously had or different? What game were you playing? Download Dropbox Install Dropbox Create a free account File Explorer > c:\Windows ... locate the Minidump folder > right click and Send to Compressed\ Locate the New Compress file > right click > send to Dropbox Open Dropbox > Share > get the link and PM to me. .

Yesterday, you were to update to the 347.88 - the first time you mention a crash is above. So, did it work yesterday for longer or less than you had had it working before we started?

Is this the SAME crash you previously had or different?

What game were you playing?

Download Dropbox
Install Dropbox
Create a free account
File Explorer > c:\Windows ... locate the Minidump folder > right click and Send to Compressed\
Locate the New Compress file > right click > send to Dropbox
Open Dropbox > Share > get the link and PM to me.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 07/11/2016 05:50 PM   
actually , before the 347.88 patch "update", i only experienced the pc closing the game (Skyforge: https://sf.my.com/gb ) directly to the desktop with the .dll error message. Now, after having patched the 347.88 i am experiencing the total shutdown which also requires a hard restart. To restart the PC, i have to switch off an on the powersupply switch as it does not even start if i simply push the on/off button. It is not a powersupply issue for sure since i had it upgraded to 1000w recently. I am experiencing this since i've switched form Win7 to win 8.1. Before the computer, with the same specs and hardware ,was functioning perfectly. Only thing i am noticing is that with skyforge, BAttlefield3 and Starwars the fan (PC and Graphic card) are pretty high! i honestly suspect a BIOS issue but i am totally ignorant in that matter. REgarding the minidump folder...i cant really trace it , the only 1 i saw i did not have permission to ZIP ( only 1 i saw was inside folder amd64_microsoft-windows-dumpata_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.16384_none_59fc7e0942000198 )
actually , before the 347.88 patch "update", i only experienced the pc closing the game (Skyforge: https://sf.my.com/gb ) directly to the desktop with the .dll error message.

Now, after having patched the 347.88 i am experiencing the total shutdown which also requires a hard restart.
To restart the PC, i have to switch off an on the powersupply switch as it does not even start if i simply push the on/off button.
It is not a powersupply issue for sure since i had it upgraded to 1000w recently.

I am experiencing this since i've switched form Win7 to win 8.1.
Before the computer, with the same specs and hardware ,was functioning perfectly.
Only thing i am noticing is that with skyforge, BAttlefield3 and Starwars the fan (PC and Graphic card) are pretty high! i honestly suspect a BIOS issue but i am totally ignorant in that matter.

REgarding the minidump folder...i cant really trace it , the only 1 i saw i did not have permission to ZIP ( only 1 i saw was inside folder amd64_microsoft-windows-dumpata_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.16384_none_59fc7e0942000198 )

Posted 07/11/2016 07:56 PM   
. Minidump is in thw WINDOWS directory. If it is not there, then you have not had a recordable crash. Download [url=https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard]SPECCY[/url]. [.]Download[/.] [.]Install[/.] [.]REBOOT <----IMPORTANT[/.] [.]Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.[/.] [center]DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT[/center] .

Minidump is in thw WINDOWS directory. If it is not there, then you have not had a recordable crash.

Download SPECCY.
  • Download
  • Install
  • REBOOT <----IMPORTANT
  • Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.

• DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
    Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 07/15/2016 01:34 AM   
      10 / 10    
    Scroll To Top