Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll
  9 / 10    
[quote="Unknown777"]the only things i havent done are #3 and #4 but what is the function of bumping the ram voltage by .05v.? any other idea?[/quote] #3 is to improve the SSD and system performance. If you did not follow an SSD guide originally, then the OS is managing the PAGING FILE and places one on the SSD....not good to have one there. $4 is because some RAM actually requires a small bump in voltage. Most ram that follows the JEDEC standard will boot at 1.50v, but when stressed will cause instability and crashes. Performance RAM like Patriot, Geil, GSkill sometimes requires a little more voltage and some require as high as 1.65-1.70v to operate normally. IF it still crashed without hte SB program and Webcam, definitely put them back on...but make sure all the programs previously mentioned crashed before putting them back. Otherwise, most of the other suggestions were to see if they conflicted or to improve performance. Do you have access to another PSU? Would be great if it is 650 or greater, but in smaller what size?
Unknown777 said:the only things i havent done are #3 and #4 but what is the function of bumping the ram voltage by .05v.?
any other idea?

#3 is to improve the SSD and system performance. If you did not follow an SSD guide originally, then the OS is managing the PAGING FILE and places one on the SSD....not good to have one there.

$4 is because some RAM actually requires a small bump in voltage. Most ram that follows the JEDEC standard will boot at 1.50v, but when stressed will cause instability and crashes. Performance RAM like Patriot, Geil, GSkill sometimes requires a little more voltage and some require as high as 1.65-1.70v to operate normally.

IF it still crashed without hte SB program and Webcam, definitely put them back on...but make sure all the programs previously mentioned crashed before putting them back.

Otherwise, most of the other suggestions were to see if they conflicted or to improve performance.

Do you have access to another PSU? Would be great if it is 650 or greater, but in smaller what size?

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 04/03/2014 12:06 AM   
okay i will do those things. what is the consequence of having a paging file on the ssd? okay but bumping the ram is just general? or can that cause an appcrash too? yeah my webcam is made by logitech not by creative i thing u meant that webcam or not? i put them back on. no i have just that psu.. do u have any other idea what could cause that crash. i think its something with my gpu or gpu driver i dont know.. what is the function of nvd3dum.dll do you know it? thing is sometimes just in random cases its possible to play the games that crashes. but when i start the pc again its crashing again.
okay i will do those things.

what is the consequence of having a paging file on the ssd?

okay but bumping the ram is just general? or can that cause an appcrash too?
yeah my webcam is made by logitech not by creative i thing u meant that webcam or not?
i put them back on.

no i have just that psu..
do u have any other idea what could cause that crash. i think its something with my gpu or gpu driver i dont know..
what is the function of nvd3dum.dll do you know it?
thing is sometimes just in random cases its possible to play the games that crashes. but when i start the pc again its crashing again.

Posted 04/07/2014 08:30 PM   
/edit: for all having the same problem: i found the answer .. :D finally :) i googled and found on a page - last post (its german) [url]http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1327703&p=15430547#post15430547[/url] that programs like for example msi afterburner can lead to an appcrash of some programs so i deactivated msi afterburner and now i dont get any crash :) my question now do someone know why that leads to a crash?
/edit: for all having the same problem:

i found the answer .. :D finally :)
i googled and found on a page - last post (its german) http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1327703&p=15430547#post15430547 that programs like for example msi afterburner can lead to an appcrash of some programs so i deactivated msi afterburner and now i dont get any crash :)

my question now do someone know why that leads to a crash?

Posted 04/07/2014 08:49 PM   
It links to the Driver and polls the card for information.
It links to the Driver and polls the card for information.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 04/08/2014 12:09 AM   
The same thing happened to be and I tried all the fixes on the internet such as clean reinstalling, changing setting and checking everything such as ram and processor and such. After reading some throw away post from a different site that said the nvd3dum.dll is missing from the system 32 file. So i checked and it was missing and the event viewer error screen although people have been saying ts a memory error in fact it was pointing to the missing file from the system 32 file, the nvd3dumx.dll file is there though. copying and pasting a working file does not work for me for some reason I think it has to be installed. So what i did to fix it was go in the c:\nvidia\(driver name) folder that it creates when you double clicked the icon. From the file look for the installer icon from the folder and click that instead and let it install that way. I checked the system 32 file and it installed the nvd3ddum.dll file and a bunch of other files too. My diagnosis is that I think the auto installer is broken. I hope my story about this error helps people if not then there must be something else that is wrong with your cpu and playing with settings like it said in other forums will help you out.
The same thing happened to be and I tried all the fixes on the internet such as clean reinstalling, changing setting and checking everything such as ram and processor and such. After reading some throw away post from a different site that said the nvd3dum.dll is missing from the system 32 file. So i checked and it was missing and the event viewer error screen although people have been saying ts a memory error in fact it was pointing to the missing file from the system 32 file, the nvd3dumx.dll file is there though. copying and pasting a working file does not work for me for some reason I think it has to be installed.

So what i did to fix it was go in the c:\nvidia\(driver name) folder that it creates when you double clicked the icon. From the file look for the installer icon from the folder and click that instead and let it install that way. I checked the system 32 file and it installed the nvd3ddum.dll file and a bunch of other files too. My diagnosis is that I think the auto installer is broken.

I hope my story about this error helps people if not then there must be something else that is wrong with your cpu and playing with settings like it said in other forums will help you out.

A+ Certified
Microsoft Certified Professional

Posted 05/07/2014 02:39 PM   
[quote="sammy5306"]The same thing happened to be and I tried all the fixes on the internet such as clean reinstalling, changing setting and checking everything such as ram and processor and such. After reading some throw away post from a different site that said the nvd3dum.dll is missing from the system 32 file. So i checked and it was missing and the event viewer error screen although people have been saying ts a memory error in fact it was pointing to the missing file from the system 32 file, the nvd3dumx.dll file is there though. copying and pasting a working file does not work for me for some reason I think it has to be installed. So what i did to fix it was go in the c:\nvidia\(driver name) folder that it creates when you double clicked the icon. From the file look for the installer icon from the folder and click that instead and let it install that way. I checked the system 32 file and it installed the nvd3ddum.dll file and a bunch of other files too. My diagnosis is that I think the auto installer is broken. I hope my story about this error helps people if not then there must be something else that is wrong with your cpu and playing with settings like it said in other forums will help you out.[/quote] Thank for the update and fix. It will definitely help others as well. .
sammy5306 said:The same thing happened to be and I tried all the fixes on the internet such as clean reinstalling, changing setting and checking everything such as ram and processor and such. After reading some throw away post from a different site that said the nvd3dum.dll is missing from the system 32 file. So i checked and it was missing and the event viewer error screen although people have been saying ts a memory error in fact it was pointing to the missing file from the system 32 file, the nvd3dumx.dll file is there though. copying and pasting a working file does not work for me for some reason I think it has to be installed.

So what i did to fix it was go in the c:\nvidia\(driver name) folder that it creates when you double clicked the icon. From the file look for the installer icon from the folder and click that instead and let it install that way. I checked the system 32 file and it installed the nvd3ddum.dll file and a bunch of other files too. My diagnosis is that I think the auto installer is broken.

I hope my story about this error helps people if not then there must be something else that is wrong with your cpu and playing with settings like it said in other forums will help you out.

Thank for the update and fix. It will definitely help others as well.

Posted 05/07/2014 11:20 PM   
I just wanna provide an update my game, works fine still without that error. I put it on all the restored defaults just to test things out and still works. I still hope people get their game working with my findings or other findings.
I just wanna provide an update my game, works fine still without that error. I put it on all the restored defaults just to test things out and still works. I still hope people get their game working with my findings or other findings.

A+ Certified

Posted 05/08/2014 03:45 AM   
Ok final update I was right about the drivers not installing properly but then when i recreating the problem i noticed an event view log when i was reinstalling the drivers. Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2 Date: 5/9/2014 9:40:07 PM Event ID: 513 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Description: Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object. Details: AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol. System Error: Access is denied. . Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" Guid="{5bbca4a8-b209-48dc-a8c7-b23d3e5216fb}" EventSourceName="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">513</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-05-10T03:40:07.758657200Z" /> <EventRecordID>72996</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="1356" ThreadID="6632" /> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>Samson</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data> Details: AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol. System Error: [b]Access is denied[/b]. </Data> </EventData> </Event> This error means that while its installing some of its drivers, it cannot because of permissions to add things. So I kind of miss diagnose the problem and blamed it on the auto installer. Instead just right click the installer in the nvidia folder mentioned in the above post and then choose run as administrator. Dont know if that cleared everything up but ill run some tests.
Ok final update I was right about the drivers not installing properly but then when i recreating the problem i noticed an event view log when i was reinstalling the drivers.

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2
Date: 5/9/2014 9:40:07 PM
Event ID: 513
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:
AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.

System Error:
Access is denied.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" Guid="{5bbca4a8-b209-48dc-a8c7-b23d3e5216fb}" EventSourceName="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">513</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-05-10T03:40:07.758657200Z" />
<EventRecordID>72996</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="1356" ThreadID="6632" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Samson</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>

Details:
AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.

System Error:
Access is denied.
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

This error means that while its installing some of its drivers, it cannot because of permissions to add things. So I kind of miss diagnose the problem and blamed it on the auto installer. Instead just right click the installer in the nvidia folder mentioned in the above post and then choose run as administrator. Dont know if that cleared everything up but ill run some tests.

A+ Certified

Posted 05/10/2014 01:18 PM   
Thank you again. That would actually make a lot of sense.
Thank you again. That would actually make a lot of sense.

Posted 05/10/2014 03:34 PM   
Had this problem on windows 10, I tried a bunch of things but here is the process that worked for me. delete the file nvd3dum.dll (C://windows/system32/nvd3dum.dll). go into programs and features and uninstall all items of the latest nvidia driver update (right click windows icon, select control panel, open programs and features). for me that was everything with 355 in the name. Restart your computer. re-install the latest nvidia driver update. restart your computer, and its fixed. I found that if you dont delete the corrupted file first, it wont work.
Had this problem on windows 10, I tried a bunch of things but here is the process that worked for me. delete the file nvd3dum.dll (C://windows/system32/nvd3dum.dll). go into programs and features and uninstall all items of the latest nvidia driver update (right click windows icon, select control panel, open programs and features). for me that was everything with 355 in the name. Restart your computer. re-install the latest nvidia driver update. restart your computer, and its fixed. I found that if you dont delete the corrupted file first, it wont work.

Posted 09/16/2015 06:38 AM   
hello, as others im having the same issue with nvd3dum.dll while playing Skyforge and a douple of other games. i've tryed a bit of the advices mentioned on this 3ad without success. Games just crash to desktop with the error "game...has stopped wotking and on the event manager it shows error on nvd3dum.dll. here are my result of 3dmark test and speccy. please advice as i cannot find a solution and ots frustrating. 3dmark http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13050433 speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/zSZNIdtPve3yy4ejVBIecDI thanks!
hello,
as others im having the same issue with nvd3dum.dll while playing Skyforge and a douple of other games.
i've tryed a bit of the advices mentioned on this 3ad without success.
Games just crash to desktop with the error "game...has stopped wotking and on the event manager it shows error on nvd3dum.dll.

here are my result of 3dmark test and speccy.
please advice as i cannot find a solution and ots frustrating.

3dmark http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13050433

speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/zSZNIdtPve3yy4ejVBIecDI

thanks!

Posted 07/08/2016 08:49 PM   
. [quote="Tom75"]OS: Win 8.1 Ent. 64-bit CPU: AMD FX-8120 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 99U5474-026.A00LF @ 1333MHz (9-9-9-24) Mobo: ASUSTeK M5A97 EVO R2.0 (BIOS 1903) Monitor: ASUS VX229 (1920x1080@60Hz) GPU: ASUS GTX 770 2GB SSD: 250GB Samsung SSD 750 EVO HDD: 1TB WDC WD10EZEX-00RKKA0 Optical: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS70 Audio: Realtek® ALC892 HD Audio PSU: Unknown[/quote] Nothing stands out, but .... Did you install the Hotfix for the ASUS APRP utility? Give these drivers a try, as NVIDIA has had trouble releasing good / stable drivers over the last year and a half: Download [url=http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html]DDU[/url]: [.]Install[/.] [.]run DDU[/.] [.]Have it reboot in to Safe mode[/.] [.]Run DDU[/.] [.]Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers[/.] [.]Select: Clean and Restart[/.] Download this [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/347.88/347.88-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe]347.88[/url] driver [.]Run DOWNLOAD package[/.] [.]Select: CUSTOM[/.] [.]Uncheck EVERYTHING excpet the GPU Driver and PHYSX[/.] [.]Check the CLEAN INSTALL box[/.] [.]Finish install[/.] [.]Reboot[/.] If it crashes after that, do not change these drivers, let me known and we will move forward. .

Tom75 said:OS: Win 8.1 Ent. 64-bit
CPU: AMD FX-8120
RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 99U5474-026.A00LF @ 1333MHz (9-9-9-24)
Mobo: ASUSTeK M5A97 EVO R2.0 (BIOS 1903)
Monitor: ASUS VX229 (1920x1080@60Hz)
GPU: ASUS GTX 770 2GB
SSD: 250GB Samsung SSD 750 EVO
HDD: 1TB WDC WD10EZEX-00RKKA0
Optical: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS70
Audio: Realtek® ALC892 HD Audio
PSU: Unknown

Nothing stands out, but ....

Did you install the Hotfix for the ASUS APRP utility?

Give these drivers a try, as NVIDIA has had trouble releasing good / stable drivers over the last year and a half:

Download DDU:
  • Install
  • run DDU
  • Have it reboot in to Safe mode
  • Run DDU
  • Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers
  • Select: Clean and Restart

• Download this 347.88 driver
  • Run DOWNLOAD package
  • Select: CUSTOM
  • Uncheck EVERYTHING excpet the GPU Driver and PHYSX
  • Check the CLEAN INSTALL box
  • Finish install
  • Reboot

• If it crashes after that, do not change these drivers, let me known and we will move forward.

Posted 07/09/2016 01:39 AM   
    Hi Greybear, i did all what u've said and i gonna testrun it now. Only 1 issue : i can't get Hotfix for the ASUS APRP utility as it says that i must register my product and i do not have the S/N of the Motherboard. it's this so important? thanks
    Hi Greybear,
    i did all what u've said and i gonna testrun it now.
    Only 1 issue : i can't get Hotfix for the ASUS APRP utility as it says that i must register my product and i do not have the S/N of the Motherboard. it's this so important?

thanks

Posted 07/10/2016 09:23 AM   
    . [quote="Tom75"]Only 1 issue : i can't get Hotfix for the ASUS APRP utility as it says that i must register my product and i do not have the S/N of the Motherboard. it's this so important?[/quote] Seems odd, when I click the [url=http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/APRP_XPVistaWin7-8_81-10_VER10030.zip?_ga=1.181926375.117297002.1462712907]Link[/url] it downloads. So, when is it asking you for the S/N ? This number will be on the motherboard, either on a stick or inlaid in white lettering. But ASUS does not normally require Registration to run their softwares, unless this is a Registration tool....to whihc I would uninstall the Older version you have and then problem is solved as you do not need this software. ========================== Been 6 hours, how is the system so far with the driver? .

Tom75 said:Only 1 issue : i can't get Hotfix for the ASUS APRP utility as it says that i must register my product and i do not have the S/N of the Motherboard. it's this so important?

Seems odd, when I click the Link it downloads.

So, when is it asking you for the S/N ?

This number will be on the motherboard, either on a stick or inlaid in white lettering. But ASUS does not normally require Registration to run their softwares, unless this is a Registration tool....to whihc I would uninstall the Older version you have and then problem is solved as you do not need this software.

==========================

Been 6 hours, how is the system so far with the driver?

Posted 07/10/2016 03:39 PM   
    first of all, thanks for your patience Graybear :) secondly, i've now downloaded the APRP and installed it. since i'm not finding any new icons or shortcuts to bring me to the APRP , i paste below the only tweak i've founded after having installed the above link. it seems ok for u? http://i68.tinypic.com/2ufa99i.png i am testrunning the game now to see if it still crashes to desktop.
    first of all, thanks for your patience Graybear :)

secondly, i've now downloaded the APRP and installed it.

since i'm not finding any new icons or shortcuts to bring me to the APRP , i paste below the only tweak i've founded after having installed the above link.
    it seems ok for u?

http://i68.tinypic.com/2ufa99i.png

i am testrunning the game now to see if it still crashes to desktop.

Posted 07/11/2016 02:37 PM   
      9 / 10    
    Scroll To Top