Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll
  8 / 10    
Are you talking about Which model it is?
Are you talking about Which model it is?

Posted 03/17/2014 04:06 AM   
I moved it there and applied it, but the max didn't change to reflect that.
I moved it there and applied it, but the max didn't change to reflect that.

Posted 03/17/2014 04:08 AM   
this is my gpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487028

Posted 03/17/2014 04:12 AM   
No I was meaning, between the way it reads your card and mine....Once Applied, try the game. It should still limit it to that speed. Not sure how to VIEW the Log file, but under settings, you can tell it to monitor different items and those will be what appears on the right Hand side. When I move my slider, it goes down or up by 3 per tick....the reason your MAX 1189 is shown on the right is something caused the GPU to engage as you can see the graph and the 1189 was the MAX it hit. When you first open it and have nothing running in the background, it should have a min and max with the same value. [IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn286/Greybear1n2/MSI_Afterburner_zpsa8a84150.png[/IMG]
No I was meaning, between the way it reads your card and mine....Once Applied, try the game. It should still limit it to that speed.

Not sure how to VIEW the Log file, but under settings, you can tell it to monitor different items and those will be what appears on the right Hand side.

When I move my slider, it goes down or up by 3 per tick....the reason your MAX 1189 is shown on the right is something caused the GPU to engage as you can see the graph and the 1189 was the MAX it hit. When you first open it and have nothing running in the background, it should have a min and max with the same value.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 03/17/2014 12:55 PM   
after turning that down to the ) the issue still arose.
after turning that down to the ) the issue still arose.

Posted 03/17/2014 11:30 PM   
Were you able to take it to the 1020MHz mark? Found out how to read the HardwareMonitor.HML file that it can produce....[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxwjgvxe01b0vsa/RivaTuner224c-%5BGuru3D.com%5D.exe]RiveTuner[/url] 2009 Just install that. Then you can have MSI Afterburner make a Log File. Then click on that file and you can view it.
Were you able to take it to the 1020MHz mark?

Found out how to read the HardwareMonitor.HML file that it can produce....RiveTuner 2009

Just install that. Then you can have MSI Afterburner make a Log File. Then click on that file and you can view it.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 03/18/2014 12:10 AM   
It doesnt actually reflect the mhz after sliding it.
It doesnt actually reflect the mhz after sliding it.

Posted 03/18/2014 05:04 AM   
[quote="xteenagemutantx"]It doesnt actually reflect the mhz after sliding it.[/quote] Open MSI Afterburner Click Settings Go to Monitoring Uncheck everything except GPU Core speed and Temp Click OK Start 3DMark 11 One the first test has started ALT+Tab out. Close 3DMark 11 Move the pointer to the Core Speed Graph...the speed appears on graph where pointer is. The high spots should be 1189 Now Slide the slider for Core Speed down. Click APPLY Start 3DMark 11 One the first test has started ALT+Tab out. Close 3DMark 11 Move the pointer to the Core Speed Graph...the speed appears on graph where pointer is. Now the new part of graph highs should be lower. repeat this until youre on or below 1020. Then try game.
xteenagemutantx said:It doesnt actually reflect the mhz after sliding it.

Open MSI Afterburner
Click Settings
Go to Monitoring
Uncheck everything except GPU Core speed and Temp
Click OK

Start 3DMark 11
One the first test has started ALT+Tab out.
Close 3DMark 11

Move the pointer to the Core Speed Graph...the speed appears on graph where pointer is.
The high spots should be 1189

Now Slide the slider for Core Speed down.
Click APPLY

Start 3DMark 11
One the first test has started ALT+Tab out.
Close 3DMark 11

Move the pointer to the Core Speed Graph...the speed appears on graph where pointer is.
Now the new part of graph highs should be lower.

repeat this until youre on or below 1020. Then try game.

Posted 03/18/2014 12:55 PM   
i dropped it all the way, and it only dipped to 1198.
i dropped it all the way, and it only dipped to 1198.

Posted 03/18/2014 09:29 PM   
You mean, 1189? There is something wrong, cause 1189 is the max, so what your saying is it is not moving at all. Again, I have to state, HIT APPLY [IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn286/Greybear1n2/MSI_Afterburner_3_zpsbcd825e2.png[/IMG]
You mean, 1189? There is something wrong, cause 1189 is the max, so what your saying is it is not moving at all.

Again, I have to state, HIT APPLY

Posted 03/19/2014 12:07 AM   
Open regedit then - Navigate to - H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Graphics Drivers. Right click on the open field and click on New / DWORD (32bit) Value, Then name it: TdrDelay -> double click it -> Set the value to 8.
Open regedit then -
Navigate to -
H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Graphics Drivers.
Right click on the open field and click on New / DWORD (32bit) Value,
Then name it: TdrDelay -> double click it -> Set the value to 8.

Posted 03/29/2014 12:57 AM   
[quote="sgraddy"]Open regedit then - Navigate to - H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Graphics Drivers. Right click on the open field and click on New / DWORD (32bit) Value, Then name it: TdrDelay -> double click it -> Set the value to 8.[/quote] [quote="Greybear"] 2) [url=https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/694754/geforce-drivers/tdr-manipulator-v1-1-02-23-2014-/]Click Here[/url][/quote] The Click here linked on page 2 of this thread is to TDR Manipulator that should do it as well and turn off the TDR all together. Thanks for the update, It will definitely help others.
sgraddy said:Open regedit then -
Navigate to -
H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Graphics Drivers.
Right click on the open field and click on New / DWORD (32bit) Value,
Then name it: TdrDelay -> double click it -> Set the value to 8.

Greybear said:
2) Click Here

The Click here linked on page 2 of this thread is to TDR Manipulator that should do it as well and turn off the TDR all together.

Thanks for the update, It will definitely help others.

Posted 03/29/2014 02:16 AM   
same problem here. can someone help me? i installed the new driver for my msi geforce gtx 770 (335.23) and now some of my games get an appacrash when i try to start them. some minutes after or before the driverchange i cleaned my registry with ccleaner. im sure i deinstalled all things of my old driver. i changed the driver because i got some bluescreens. but my driver was very old i think. it was the driver from my cd of the graficcard. i tried deinstalling the new driver and installed my old driver but same problem.. games like arma II or gta san andreas cod mw3 etc dont work but bf3 or bf bad comp. 2 can be played normally. my pc is not overclocked. here some infos: Protokollname: Application Quelle: Application Error Datum: 31.03.2014 22:23:10 Ereignis-ID: 1000 Aufgabenkategorie:(100) Ebene: Fehler Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend Computer: Jonas-PC Beschreibung: Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: arma2oa.exe, Version: 1.62.103.419, Zeitstempel: 0x515005ab Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 9.18.13.3523, Zeitstempel: 0x5315b426 Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005 Fehleroffset: 0x0069d2f4 ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1aac Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cf4d1efe695170 Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Programme\ARMA II\Bohemia Interactive\arma2oa.exe Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dum.dll Berichtskennung: 46b1af0d-b912-11e3-be0c-d43d7ee0fc0f sry its german but i think u will know the diagnostics. i can translate it if u want. please help me thank u
same problem here. can someone help me? i installed the new driver for my msi geforce gtx 770 (335.23) and now some of my games get an appacrash when i try to start them. some minutes after or before the driverchange i cleaned my registry with ccleaner. im sure i deinstalled all things of my old driver. i changed the driver because i got some bluescreens. but my driver was very old i think. it was the driver from my cd of the graficcard. i tried deinstalling the new driver and installed my old driver but same problem.. games like arma II or gta san andreas cod mw3 etc dont work but bf3 or bf bad comp. 2 can be played normally. my pc is not overclocked.

here some infos:

Protokollname: Application
Quelle: Application Error
Datum: 31.03.2014 22:23:10
Ereignis-ID: 1000
Aufgabenkategorie:(100)
Ebene: Fehler
Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
Computer: Jonas-PC
Beschreibung:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: arma2oa.exe, Version: 1.62.103.419, Zeitstempel: 0x515005ab
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 9.18.13.3523, Zeitstempel: 0x5315b426
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0069d2f4
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1aac
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cf4d1efe695170
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Programme\ARMA II\Bohemia Interactive\arma2oa.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dum.dll
Berichtskennung: 46b1af0d-b912-11e3-be0c-d43d7ee0fc0f

sry its german but i think u will know the diagnostics. i can translate it if u want.
please help me
thank u

Posted 04/01/2014 06:36 PM   
[quote="Unknown777"]... i installed the new driver for my msi geforce gtx 770 (335.23) and now some of my games get an appacrash when i try to start them... i changed the driver because i got some bluescreens. but my driver was very old i think. it was the driver from my cd of the graficcard...[/quote] This makes it sounds like you have a worsening issue. Generally, if you change the driver and the problem persist or gets worse, I would go back to the previously used driver and start looking at other items. What is your Power Supply make and model? If this were my system.... 1) Update the BIOS to [url=http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z87G43.html#/?div=BIOS]1.7[/url] - because there are multiple updates that improve stability and compatibility with memory. 2) Enter the BIOS, disable the EIST, C1, C1E, C6 - if they are there...EIST is definitely there. 3) I would go through this [url=http://www.thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/optimization-guides/the-ssd-optimization-guide-ultimate-windows-8-edition/]Guide[/url] for the SSD. 4) I would enter the BIOS and try bumping the RAM voltage by .05v. 5) Run CCleaner. --TOOLS --Startup --Windows(Tab) disable several items here, this includes SKYPE and SoundBlaster items. --Task Scheduler(tab) disable EVERYTHING here. 6) Now this gets interesting, I do not see a SoundBlaster Creative Labs sound card, so I assume it is the WEBCAM. SoundBlaster has a history of having problem with games that cause a memory crash. I would remove any Item from the computer and see if the problem disappears. 7) Try this [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/327.23/327.23-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql.exe]GPU driver[/url]
Unknown777 said:... i installed the new driver for my msi geforce gtx 770 (335.23) and now some of my games get an appacrash when i try to start them... i changed the driver because i got some bluescreens. but my driver was very old i think. it was the driver from my cd of the graficcard...

This makes it sounds like you have a worsening issue. Generally, if you change the driver and the problem persist or gets worse, I would go back to the previously used driver and start looking at other items.

What is your Power Supply make and model?

If this were my system....

1) Update the BIOS to 1.7 - because there are multiple updates that improve stability and compatibility with memory.

2) Enter the BIOS, disable the EIST, C1, C1E, C6 - if they are there...EIST is definitely there.

3) I would go through this Guide for the SSD.

4) I would enter the BIOS and try bumping the RAM voltage by .05v.

5) Run CCleaner.
--TOOLS
--Startup
--Windows(Tab) disable several items here, this includes SKYPE and SoundBlaster items.
--Task Scheduler(tab) disable EVERYTHING here.

6) Now this gets interesting, I do not see a SoundBlaster Creative Labs sound card, so I assume it is the WEBCAM.

SoundBlaster has a history of having problem with games that cause a memory crash.

I would remove any Item from the computer and see if the problem disappears.

7) Try this GPU driver

Posted 04/02/2014 01:31 AM   
first thank u for ur fast help:) my power supply: tt berlin 630w atx23 #1: i updated bios to 1.6 via live update 5. when i started the 1.7v it said its the wrong version (32bit) #2: i just found EIST and disabled it #5: i disabled the things u said #6: yes its a webcam^^ and i deinstalled sound blaster. appcrash still resits.. :( #7: i installed the Gpu river u tagged the only things i havent done are #3 and #4 but what is the function of bumping the ram voltage by .05v.? any other idea?
first thank u for ur fast help:)

my power supply: tt berlin 630w atx23

#1: i updated bios to 1.6 via live update 5. when i started the 1.7v it said its the wrong version (32bit)

#2: i just found EIST and disabled it

#5: i disabled the things u said

#6: yes its a webcam^^ and i deinstalled sound blaster. appcrash still resits.. :(

#7: i installed the Gpu river u tagged

the only things i havent done are #3 and #4 but what is the function of bumping the ram voltage by .05v.?
any other idea?

Posted 04/02/2014 09:09 PM   
  8 / 10    
Scroll To Top