G-Sync DIY Module Kit
  2 / 6    
[quote="Redemption77"]the upgrade kit has been estimated at $175.[/quote] Ya umm the monitor was also estimated by these same people at 399.00... Nvidia has to price the upgrade kit at close to 300 if asus is selling their panel with gsync installed for 600. Im guessing upgrade kit comes to market at 279.99.
Redemption77 said:the upgrade kit has been estimated at $175.

Ya umm the monitor was also estimated by these same people at 399.00...

Nvidia has to price the upgrade kit at close to 300 if asus is selling their panel with gsync installed for 600.

Im guessing upgrade kit comes to market at 279.99.

Posted 12/13/2013 07:21 PM   
still, good luck to you I hope it all works out! :)
still, good luck to you I hope it all works out! :)

EVGA GTX 770s SLI / Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H / Intel i7-4770k (4.2ghz) / Corsair H100i /16 gigs Mushkin Blackline 2133 / ADATA SX900 256 gig SSD / Kingston V300 120 gig SSD / WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD / Razer Black Widow keyboard / Razer Death Adder 2013 / Plantronics Gamecom 780 Headset / Asus VG248QE Monitor / Corsair 600T case

Posted 12/13/2013 07:48 PM   
Me too lol, hopefully a mod reads this thread and why im personally looking to the dark side as my next GPU upgrade and forwards my concerns to the proper people. As ive stated multiple times im kind of an nvidia fan boy, ive had good luck with the cards, but im also a person that likes getting good deals on products because that makes me feel good about my purchase. If nvidia drops the 760 to 200-220 (220 is the max the 760 should cost) i will happily continue putting nvidia products in my system. A 760 is basically double the performance of my 465 and was my original plan, buy that card and upgrade to a gsync monitor eventually, but now this windowed mode business has me all screwed up as well as gsync monitor pricing. As it stands right now, 1440p and hot deal on a radeon card simply makes more sense in my head.
Me too lol, hopefully a mod reads this thread and why im personally looking to the dark side as my next GPU upgrade and forwards my concerns to the proper people. As ive stated multiple times im kind of an nvidia fan boy, ive had good luck with the cards, but im also a person that likes getting good deals on products because that makes me feel good about my purchase.

If nvidia drops the 760 to 200-220 (220 is the max the 760 should cost) i will happily continue putting nvidia products in my system. A 760 is basically double the performance of my 465 and was my original plan, buy that card and upgrade to a gsync monitor eventually, but now this windowed mode business has me all screwed up as well as gsync monitor pricing.

As it stands right now, 1440p and hot deal on a radeon card simply makes more sense in my head.

Posted 12/13/2013 07:55 PM   
Is there going to be a module released for people to buy and install themselves or not? I'm beginning to think that big companies go out of their way not to deliver what they promise. $299 is ridiculous to send your monitor away and have it installed.
Is there going to be a module released for people to buy and install themselves or not? I'm beginning to think that big companies go out of their way not to deliver what they promise. $299 is ridiculous to send your monitor away and have it installed.

i5 2500k @4.5ghz
GTX680 SLI reference @ Stock
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Posted 12/17/2013 04:45 AM   
@Di9i7a1h8 I agree, no way am I spending 300$ to ship my monitor off to some third party in order to do something that anyone who has built a computer can do. I am already pretty angry at the price the stand alone module will be. Likely in the ball park of 175$... To have them also send those units out to third parties before giving everyone else a chance to purchase the kits just adds a bit more anger on top of that. Hopefully we will be able to purchase the stand alone diy kit tomorrow or later this week...
@Di9i7a1h8

I agree, no way am I spending 300$ to ship my monitor off to some third party in order to do something that anyone who has built a computer can do. I am already pretty angry at the price the stand alone module will be. Likely in the ball park of 175$... To have them also send those units out to third parties before giving everyone else a chance to purchase the kits just adds a bit more anger on top of that.

Hopefully we will be able to purchase the stand alone diy kit tomorrow or later this week...

Posted 12/17/2013 05:08 AM   
Very disappointed in Nvidia. Would have instantly bought a DIY kit the moment it came out but id be damned if i have to ship my brand new monitor off and pay for something i can easily do myself. If anyone from nvidia actually reads the forums, please sell the DIY kits individually.
Very disappointed in Nvidia. Would have instantly bought a DIY kit the moment it came out but id be damned if i have to ship my brand new monitor off and pay for something i can easily do myself.

If anyone from nvidia actually reads the forums, please sell the DIY kits individually.

Posted 12/17/2013 12:54 PM   
Currently we only have plans to offer the monitor upgrade service through participating system builders. Depending on demand there may be a DIY kit released later on.
Currently we only have plans to offer the monitor upgrade service through participating system builders. Depending on demand there may be a DIY kit released later on.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 12/17/2013 06:04 PM   
Now i'm disappointed, i have been waiting for g-sync diy kit since the announcement in October, it was said that diy kits will be available later this year and there wasn't anything said about upgrade service, so I decided to buy asus vg248qe monitor along with gtx 770 instead of one of the amd gpu just to get g-sync. I really hope you will release the diy kits for regular customers soon.
Now i'm disappointed, i have been waiting for g-sync diy kit since the announcement in October, it was said that diy kits will be available later this year and there wasn't anything said about upgrade service, so I decided to buy asus vg248qe monitor along with gtx 770 instead of one of the amd gpu just to get g-sync. I really hope you will release the diy kits for regular customers soon.

Posted 12/17/2013 08:55 PM   
Well the monitor upgrade service is about as fail of an option as I can possibly think of. I bought an asus vg248qe because you guys lied said that there would be an upgrade module that we could install ourselves. It is too much of a pain and way too expensive to send it to some half wit boutique system builder. This module in all honesty sounds worse and worse as time goes on. I was really excited about the idea back at the announcement of it in October. Even when most of the people commenting on the internet were hating on it, saying that nvidia was just trying to make money off another crap proprietary idea. Then you pull this stuff and make probably most of your fans pretty angry. The module is not worth 299 to the people who would even care. You are killing what could have been a good thing and actual progress in the industry and the standards of monitors. This is not even resembling what could be referred to as a smart greed. You are actually turning down customers that want to buy from you. It makes no sense just to make a few extra bucks off a very few people that would actually put up with this installation "service"...simply make a disclaimer.."you install this module at your own risk". That being said I don't know how anyone would screw it up if it's simply just plugging something into the monitor and taping a circuit board in place. Long as there is no soldering doesn't seem to me that any real damage could be done, especially with the installation video that you also promised. When the thousand dollars worth of your video cards I have in my system need to be upgraded I'm hoping that AMD actually has something competitive just so I don't have to deal with you people any more.
Well the monitor upgrade service is about as fail of an option as I can possibly think of. I bought an asus vg248qe because you guys lied said that there would be an upgrade module that we could install ourselves. It is too much of a pain and way too expensive to send it to some half wit boutique system builder. This module in all honesty sounds worse and worse as time goes on. I was really excited about the idea back at the announcement of it in October. Even when most of the people commenting on the internet were hating on it, saying that nvidia was just trying to make money off another crap proprietary idea. Then you pull this stuff and make probably most of your fans pretty angry. The module is not worth 299 to the people who would even care. You are killing what could have been a good thing and actual progress in the industry and the standards of monitors. This is not even resembling what could be referred to as a smart greed. You are actually turning down customers that want to buy from you. It makes no sense just to make a few extra bucks off a very few people that would actually put up with this installation "service"...simply make a disclaimer.."you install this module at your own risk". That being said I don't know how anyone would screw it up if it's simply just plugging something into the monitor and taping a circuit board in place. Long as there is no soldering doesn't seem to me that any real damage could be done, especially with the installation video that you also promised. When the thousand dollars worth of your video cards I have in my system need to be upgraded I'm hoping that AMD actually has something competitive just so I don't have to deal with you people any more.

i5 2500k @4.5ghz
GTX680 SLI reference @ Stock
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Posted 12/18/2013 12:31 AM   
[quote="Josh@NVIDIA"]Currently we only have plans to offer the monitor upgrade service through participating system builders. Depending on demand there may be a DIY kit released later on.[/quote] Please try and convince Nvidia to reconsider this immediately. Because there are more than a few people who purchased this ASUS monitor in anticipation of buying a G-Sync module to install themselves. MMGS, Redemption77, MaximumRico, Di9i7a1h8, many more on reddit and other sites who I have spoken with, myself as well. 300.00$ + shipping + ~ two weeks without your monitor is an unacceptable alternative to what was advertised tbph. Many of us have been anticipating this for months. Honestly its a kick in the gut to see Nvidia back peddling on selling the standalone kit. Please, do what you can to get Nvidia to reconsider and soon. Can only keep up the enthusiasm for so long!
Josh@NVIDIA said:Currently we only have plans to offer the monitor upgrade service through participating system builders. Depending on demand there may be a DIY kit released later on.

Please try and convince Nvidia to reconsider this immediately. Because there are more than a few people who purchased this ASUS monitor in anticipation of buying a G-Sync module to install themselves. MMGS, Redemption77, MaximumRico, Di9i7a1h8, many more on reddit and other sites who I have spoken with, myself as well.

300.00$ + shipping + ~ two weeks without your monitor is an unacceptable alternative to what was advertised tbph.

Many of us have been anticipating this for months. Honestly its a kick in the gut to see Nvidia back peddling on selling the standalone kit. Please, do what you can to get Nvidia to reconsider and soon. Can only keep up the enthusiasm for so long!

Posted 12/18/2013 12:40 AM   
Totally agree and understand where you guys are coming from, and Ill be sure to pass the thread along.
Totally agree and understand where you guys are coming from, and Ill be sure to pass the thread along.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 12/18/2013 12:58 AM   
I purchased 3 of these Asus monitors in anticipation of the DIY kits.
I purchased 3 of these Asus monitors in anticipation of the DIY kits.

EVGA Z77 FTW | Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 2400MHz | SLI EVGA GTX Titan's | Intel 520 SSD's RAID-0 | ThermalTake 1475watt | 3DMark Fire Strike - 15552 | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit | Nvidia 3D Surround®

Posted 12/18/2013 02:04 AM   
I purchased only 1 monitor of that kind and still waiting for DIY kit at $150 or less, perfect price is $50, IMO. If it hits the market at $300, or $280 or similar price, Nvidia can keep it to themselves, thank you very much. I didn't buy Killer NIC for the same reason, I skipped physX accelerator (back in the day when it was a separate module) for the very same reason. Now yet another company wants me to pay a ridiculous amount for a very niche product? I purchased that monitor and a 780 in anticipation of quick release of DIY module for a low price, and I'm extremely pleased with the monitor, as well as video card's performance (but they made that huge price drop just 1 month after I purchased the video card, [b]I'm STILL UNHAPPY ABOUT THAT, NVIDIA!!![/b]). But I doubt I'll buy G-SYNC at a high price. Hopefully, ASUS monitor with G-SYNC will drop in price to $400-450 once other monitor makers start offering monitors with G-SYNC modules in them, which will lower the G-SYNC DIY upgrade price as well.
I purchased only 1 monitor of that kind and still waiting for DIY kit at $150 or less, perfect price is $50, IMO.

If it hits the market at $300, or $280 or similar price, Nvidia can keep it to themselves, thank you very much. I didn't buy Killer NIC for the same reason, I skipped physX accelerator (back in the day when it was a separate module) for the very same reason. Now yet another company wants me to pay a ridiculous amount for a very niche product?

I purchased that monitor and a 780 in anticipation of quick release of DIY module for a low price, and I'm extremely pleased with the monitor, as well as video card's performance (but they made that huge price drop just 1 month after I purchased the video card, I'm STILL UNHAPPY ABOUT THAT, NVIDIA!!!). But I doubt I'll buy G-SYNC at a high price.

Hopefully, ASUS monitor with G-SYNC will drop in price to $400-450 once other monitor makers start offering monitors with G-SYNC modules in them, which will lower the G-SYNC DIY upgrade price as well.

PC::ASUSP8Z77-V LE PLUS::i5 3570k::16g Geil Dragon::1Tb WD RED::ASUS GTX 780:: Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
Screwed up for being early adopter of GTX 780 - missed price cut + free games + $100 off for shield.

Posted 12/18/2013 08:01 AM   
Please tell me why would nvidia release the DIY kits to only those stores and not make them available to purchase? why not do both? Most early adopters should be more than capable of doing the modding themselves.
Please tell me why would nvidia release the DIY kits to only those stores and not make them available to purchase? why not do both? Most early adopters should be more than capable of doing the modding themselves.

Posted 12/18/2013 08:55 AM   
Will G-Sync work on a BenQ XL2420 aswell?? I am not going to buy an other monitor because of G-Sync.
Will G-Sync work on a BenQ XL2420 aswell??

I am not going to buy an other monitor because of G-Sync.

System: Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Monitor: BenQ XL2420T (120 Hz)
Case: IKONIK Zaria A20 Black
Power Supply: OCZ Silencer Mk III 750W
Mainboard: Asus P8P67 Rev.3.0 (BIOS 3602)
SSD 1: Crucial M4 128GB
SSD 2: Samsung 830 256GB
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
CPU: Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5 Ghz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2 GB
SPU: Creative Labs Recon 3D
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
Keyboard: Logitech G19
Headset: Sennheiser PC 360 G4MER
Mouse: Logitech G700Mousepad: SteelSeries Qck+

Posted 12/18/2013 12:17 PM   
  2 / 6