GTX 760M driver for Asus N56JR S4044 laptop with
  1 / 6    
[u]Moderators, please move to support-GeForce drivers section or mobile gpu hardware section, this probably is the wrong forum section[/u] Bit up the creek here. Bought an Asus N56JR S4044 laptop without operating system. For us it is a desktop back-up for video editing in our second office and while traveling. It does not have a touch screen. I do not need and do not want W8 OEM; our non-profit has several W7 pro and MS office licenses. Installing W7: lot of controller drivers missing (Ethernet, network, PCI, etc) and the NVIDIA GTX 760M does not even show up on the device manager, also not as unknown device. ASUS site: Oops .. no driver support for anything but W8 there. There support hotline is very friendly and non-caring: find it on internet, we don't have them and are not going to provide them, only W8 support. No problem: get it at at this site right from the source ... up pops the next problem. The suitable driver seems to be the 331.82 - WHQL [url]http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/70187#[/url] apart from one little remark at the end: 1) [b]Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology are not supported (NVIDIA Optimus technology is supported)[/b]. And my nice new Asus mentions "[b]ASUS Super Hybrid Engine II[/b]". Looking at the W8 drivers to see if it might be the same as a W7 driver, the site mentions: [quote]Please remove old version of NVIDIA VGA driver and install NVIDIA VGA driver V9.18.13.XXXX or above version under Windows 7 environment before upgrade to Windows 8.[/quote]. The driver ASUS has there is version 9.18.13.1193 in zip version. The driver I downloaded from here is mentioned as 331.82-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe Now what, which driver I can-should use? Any help is appreciated.
Moderators, please move to support-GeForce drivers section or mobile gpu hardware section, this probably is the wrong forum section

Bit up the creek here. Bought an Asus N56JR S4044 laptop without operating system. For us it is a desktop back-up for video editing in our second office and while traveling. It does not have a touch screen. I do not need and do not want W8 OEM; our non-profit has several W7 pro and MS office licenses.

Installing W7: lot of controller drivers missing (Ethernet, network, PCI, etc) and the NVIDIA GTX 760M does not even show up on the device manager, also not as unknown device.

ASUS site: Oops .. no driver support for anything but W8 there. There support hotline is very friendly and non-caring: find it on internet, we don't have them and are not going to provide them, only W8 support.

No problem: get it at at this site right from the source ... up pops the next problem.

The suitable driver seems to be the 331.82 - WHQL http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/70187# apart from one little remark at the end:
1) Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology are not supported (NVIDIA Optimus technology is supported).

And my nice new Asus mentions "ASUS Super Hybrid Engine II".

Looking at the W8 drivers to see if it might be the same as a W7 driver, the site mentions:
Please remove old version of NVIDIA VGA driver and install NVIDIA VGA driver V9.18.13.XXXX or above version under Windows 7 environment before upgrade to Windows 8.
The driver ASUS has there is version 9.18.13.1193 in zip version.
The driver I downloaded from here is mentioned as 331.82-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe

Now what, which driver I can-should use? Any help is appreciated.

Posted 12/05/2013 04:00 PM   
Yours doesn't use Hybrid so it can be supported but I will need the device id for your notebook. Do you have a link to the driver for Windows 8 for your notebook?
Yours doesn't use Hybrid so it can be supported but I will need the device id for your notebook. Do you have a link to the driver for Windows 8 for your notebook?

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 12/05/2013 08:57 PM   
[url]http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/N56JR/#support_Download[/url] the file is downloaded as "VGA_nVidia_Win8_64_VER918131193.zip" Its setup.cfg starts with: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <setup title="${{ProductTitle}}" version="311.93" installerMin="2.1002.124.810"> As mentioned, the GPU is not even mentioned as "other device" orit should be the 3D video controller. Should I reinstall W7 or try get the controller drivers (3D video-, ethernet-, network-, pci device-, PCI simple communications-, Sm bus-, and USB controller driver) first before installing the NVIDIA driver or will it automatically recognizes it once I install the driver? Full specs: ASUS N56JR S4044, i7 4700HQ Haswell CPU, 6 GB RAM, HDd 750 GB 7200 rpm, 15,6 inch screen. Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760M 2GB GDDR5 VRAM Hybrid Power. This Asus Hybrid Power Engine is something else as what NVIDIA is talking about with its Hybrid Power or its the same, my laptop has it but just does not use it? (if the latter, why the **** do they mention it at all as a plus.
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/N56JR/#support_Download

the file is downloaded as "VGA_nVidia_Win8_64_VER918131193.zip"
Its setup.cfg starts with:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<setup title="${{ProductTitle}}" version="311.93" installerMin="2.1002.124.810">

As mentioned, the GPU is not even mentioned as "other device" orit should be the 3D video controller. Should I reinstall W7 or try get the controller drivers (3D video-, ethernet-, network-, pci device-, PCI simple communications-, Sm bus-, and USB controller driver) first before installing the NVIDIA driver or will it automatically recognizes it once I install the driver?

Full specs:
ASUS N56JR S4044, i7 4700HQ Haswell CPU, 6 GB RAM, HDd 750 GB 7200 rpm, 15,6 inch screen.
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760M 2GB GDDR5 VRAM

Hybrid Power. This Asus Hybrid Power Engine is something else as what NVIDIA is talking about with its Hybrid Power or its the same, my laptop has it but just does not use it? (if the latter, why the **** do they mention it at all as a plus.

Posted 12/06/2013 10:59 AM   
Hello! Thanks God I found this thread. I'm facing the same problem I bought an ASUS N56JR S4050. The specs are as same as Robomcd: CPU: i7 4700HQ Haswell CPU, 16 GB RAM, HDD 750 GB 5200 rpm, 15,6 inch screen. Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760M 2GB GDDR5 VRAM Here is the link from where we have to download the drivers: http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=N56JR I follow all the indication for Nvidia VGA driver which is the following: [quote]Please remove old version of NVIDIA VGA driver and install NVIDIA VGA driver V9.18.13.0668 or above version under Windows 7 environment before upgrade to Windows 8.[/quote] They don't offer driver for windows 7 and the drivers for windows 8, I think r not the accurate. When I want to play League of Legend or any game I get a message this: [img]http://s23.postimg.org/6rjjcjvvv/Screenshot_2013_12_08_22_29_32.png[/img] When I run Heroes of Newerth I get this message: [img]http://s29.postimg.org/x1i23kamv/Screenshot_2013_12_08_22_49_19.png[/img] when I run the dxdiag I get this information: [img]http://s13.postimg.org/gn10bf6p3/Screenshot_2013_12_08_22_59_38.png[/img] I was googling to find a solution but I couldn't. I think this problem is realted with Nvidia Optimus also I tried to install the driver 331.82-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe but it's not possible. [img]http://s21.postimg.org/jp86ud45z/Screenshot_2013_12_08_23_25_32.png[/img] I hope to get some solution. Thank u.
Hello!
Thanks God I found this thread. I'm facing the same problem I bought an ASUS N56JR S4050.

The specs are as same as Robomcd:
CPU: i7 4700HQ Haswell CPU, 16 GB RAM, HDD 750 GB 5200 rpm, 15,6 inch screen.
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760M 2GB GDDR5 VRAM

Here is the link from where we have to download the drivers:

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=N56JR

I follow all the indication for Nvidia VGA driver which is the following:

Please remove old version of NVIDIA VGA driver and install NVIDIA VGA driver V9.18.13.0668 or above version under Windows 7 environment before upgrade to Windows 8.

They don't offer driver for windows 7 and the drivers for windows 8, I think r not the accurate.
When I want to play League of Legend or any game I get a message this:

When I run Heroes of Newerth I get this message:

when I run the dxdiag I get this information:

I was googling to find a solution but I couldn't. I think this problem is realted with Nvidia Optimus also I tried to install the driver 331.82-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe but it's not possible.

I hope to get some solution. Thank u.

Posted 12/08/2013 02:31 PM   
Hello Teocci, The S4050 propbably is the asian variation. Did you also miss the controller drivers (3D video-, ethernet-, network-, pci device-, PCI simple communications-, Sm bus-, and USB-)? If so, can you please tell me where you got those?
Hello Teocci,

The S4050 propbably is the asian variation. Did you also miss the controller drivers (3D video-, ethernet-, network-, pci device-, PCI simple communications-, Sm bus-, and USB-)? If so, can you please tell me where you got those?

Posted 12/09/2013 07:44 AM   
I get all of this in the same webpage, here is the link from where I've downloaded my drivers: [quote][url]http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=N56JR.[/url][/quote] I hope will be helpful for u.. by the way I'm using windows 8.1 because couldn't find all the drivers for the windows 7.
I get all of this in the same webpage, here is the link from where I've downloaded my drivers:

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=N56JR.

I hope will be helpful for u.. by the way I'm using windows 8.1 because couldn't find all the drivers for the windows 7.

Posted 12/09/2013 04:29 PM   
Shoot, I am still hoping to get the W7 drivers but I have to find out which brands asus uses for the different devices like Ethernet and network. ManuelG, what about the NVIDIA GTX 760M driver for these N56JR laptops, any idea already?
Shoot, I am still hoping to get the W7 drivers but I have to find out which brands asus uses for the different devices like Ethernet and network.

ManuelG, what about the NVIDIA GTX 760M driver for these N56JR laptops, any idea already?

Posted 12/09/2013 08:02 PM   
I'm having the same problem I can not install the driver GTX 760. I'm using Windows 7.
I'm having the same problem I can not install the driver GTX 760. I'm using Windows 7.

Posted 12/14/2013 04:17 AM   
I have an N56JR and I am having the same problem but with Windows 8.1.
I have an N56JR and I am having the same problem but with Windows 8.1.

Posted 12/16/2013 03:23 AM   
We're up the creek with this specific N56 variation. The ASUS N56 series now has 8 major groups, identified by the two letters behind the N56. Each group has numerous variations again with different CPU, GPU, RAM, HDD etc. Now for the fun part. Of the eight groups, four support W8 + W8.1, two support W8 + W8.1 +W7, one supports W8 + W7 and one supports ONLY W8. That's right: ONLY W8. ASUS is selling a laptop that has drivers ONLY for a first release of a new OS, and is neither backward nor forward nor sideways compatible with any other OS. Want to guess which one N56 line that is?? Our bad: off course it is the N56JR. According ASUS, it is my/our own mistake that we did not check driver availability before buying this laptop, thanks for nothing and goodbye. [url]http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1913283/laptop-driver-support.html#.[/url] is the link to my thread on Tom's hardware, describing how I got almost all the drivers for this laptop through the Hardware ID of the devices found in Device Manager. Maybe you can use some of it. The GPU still is a problem. I got the onboard Intel HD 4600 graphics working but the NVIDIA GTX 760M not. Windows update installed a driver for the 760M, device manager mentioned it as all OK but the GPU still does not work and the self-identifier from the NVIDIA website does not even see the card. ManuelG, any news from your side how to tackle this when using W7 or W8.1?
We're up the creek with this specific N56 variation.

The ASUS N56 series now has 8 major groups, identified by the two letters behind the N56. Each group has numerous variations again with different CPU, GPU, RAM, HDD etc.

Now for the fun part. Of the eight groups, four support W8 + W8.1, two support W8 + W8.1 +W7, one supports W8 + W7 and one supports ONLY W8. That's right: ONLY W8. ASUS is selling a laptop that has drivers ONLY for a first release of a new OS, and is neither backward nor forward nor sideways compatible with any other OS.

Want to guess which one N56 line that is??

Our bad: off course it is the N56JR. According ASUS, it is my/our own mistake that we did not check driver availability before buying this laptop, thanks for nothing and goodbye.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1913283/laptop-driver-support.html#. is the link to my thread on Tom's hardware, describing how I got almost all the drivers for this laptop through the Hardware ID of the devices found in Device Manager. Maybe you can use some of it.

The GPU still is a problem. I got the onboard Intel HD 4600 graphics working but the NVIDIA GTX 760M not. Windows update installed a driver for the 760M, device manager mentioned it as all OK but the GPU still does not work and the self-identifier from the NVIDIA website does not even see the card.

ManuelG, any news from your side how to tackle this when using W7 or W8.1?

Posted 12/16/2013 09:38 AM   
My getting this update for Windows 7. What you said is true Robomcd NVIDIA's own website does not identify the driver.
My getting this update for Windows 7. What you said is true Robomcd NVIDIA's own website does not identify the driver.

Posted 12/16/2013 11:36 AM   
I posted a remark on the driver forum for feedback on the NVIDIA 331-82-whql driver, which should-might work with the GTX 760M. On this ASUS, it is not. Windows installed a driver identified with [quote]Driver date 23.10.2013, driver version 9.18.13.3165[/quote] so the systems thinks its ok, it just does not work, the Intel HD 4600 is doing all the work. [url]https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/643065/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-331-82-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-11-19-13-/post/4053204/#4053204[/url]
I posted a remark on the driver forum for feedback on the NVIDIA 331-82-whql driver, which should-might work with the GTX 760M. On this ASUS, it is not. Windows installed a driver identified with
Driver date 23.10.2013, driver version 9.18.13.3165
so the systems thinks its ok, it just does not work, the Intel HD 4600 is doing all the work.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/643065/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-331-82-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-11-19-13-/post/4053204/#4053204

Posted 12/16/2013 11:54 AM   
Windows installed the same driver for me and only the Intel graphics are working.
Windows installed the same driver for me and only the Intel graphics are working.

Posted 12/16/2013 03:49 PM   
Okay, looks like I'm going to be facing the same problems as Robomcd. I recently ordered an N56JR and a Samsung 840 EVO SSD, and I'm expecting to receive both in the next couple days. I was planning to remove the HDD and do a fresh install of Win7 on the new SSD. I figured I'd find all the Win7 drivers in advance to speed up the installation process once I get the computed + ssd, but seems like that easier said than done. The tomshardware forum thread Robomcd linked gives the impression that most of the drivers are possible to locate and install successfully, which is a relief. Still, has anyone managed to successfully install the Nvidia GPU driver on an N56JR running Win7 so that the card actually works? If not, any ideas?
Okay, looks like I'm going to be facing the same problems as Robomcd. I recently ordered an N56JR and a Samsung 840 EVO SSD, and I'm expecting to receive both in the next couple days. I was planning to remove the HDD and do a fresh install of Win7 on the new SSD. I figured I'd find all the Win7 drivers in advance to speed up the installation process once I get the computed + ssd, but seems like that easier said than done.

The tomshardware forum thread Robomcd linked gives the impression that most of the drivers are possible to locate and install successfully, which is a relief. Still, has anyone managed to successfully install the Nvidia GPU driver on an N56JR running Win7 so that the card actually works? If not, any ideas?

Posted 12/18/2013 01:20 PM   
I'm also wondering if anyone is on Windows 8.1 and has a working Nvidia GPU
I'm also wondering if anyone is on Windows 8.1 and has a working Nvidia GPU

Posted 12/18/2013 11:55 PM   
  1 / 6    
Scroll To Top