Gtx titan performance
Hi, I was hoping some titan owners could help me to address possible performance issues with my rig Asrock fx 990 extreme 3 motherboard 32 GB ram Fx-8350 8 core CPU black edition @ 4.2 ghz Zotac Gtx titan 6gb (amp edition) I haven't overclocked my gpu. In hindsight I probably should have gone with i7 processor but I thought I could get better performance. A few games I have tried out. The witcher 2 is hitting 50-60 on fairly high settings (auto detect by game) there are quite a few spots in the game where the frame rate drops to 45-51 when moving the camera to a certain position and standing still. I saved the game in one of these places and set everything on low settings (turned res to lowest possible setting too) the frame rate stayed exactly the same in that area. Gpu only hits around 50% utilisation whilst a couple of CPU cores are getting around 80-90% max though the fps is not going up when CPU utilisation is lower. Can't figure out if it's a gpu or CPU issue here. Tomb raider is having issues though not as bad. Using GeForce experience settings the fps drop from 60 to 45 frames (v sync triple buffering on, hair fx off, AA Fxaa tesselation off). I got better results on everything on low and figured out it was level of detail combined with shadow that caused the issue, turning level of detail to Normal and everything else maxed as well as tesselation on and AA to Fxaa would give me 60fps in the same spots. Ac4 has pretty much the same issue as the Witch 2 in that in populated areas the frame rate goes to around 39-41 fps on GeForce experience settings and on the lowest possible settings and resolution, again monitoring my gpu and CPU, none were being highly utilised whilst Ths was going on I've also been monitoring my gpu and CPU temperature in these situations and both seem fine, gpu is maxing at 65 c whilst the highest CPU gets is 50 c. Bench mark results on firestorm gave me graphics of 10998 and physics 7665 (combined 2673) I don't really understand these scores, I've noticed others with the same set up achieving better physics scores, does the gpu influence this? Should I be getting better results than these, can you play at 60fps on tomb raider with level of detail at high or ultra?
Hi, I was hoping some titan owners could help me to address possible performance issues with my rig

Asrock fx 990 extreme 3 motherboard
32 GB ram
Fx-8350 8 core CPU black edition @ 4.2 ghz
Zotac Gtx titan 6gb (amp edition)
I haven't overclocked my gpu.

In hindsight I probably should have gone with i7 processor but I thought I could get better performance.

A few games I have tried out.

The witcher 2 is hitting 50-60 on fairly high settings (auto detect by game) there are quite a few spots in the game where the frame rate drops to 45-51 when moving the camera to a certain position and standing still. I saved the game in one of these places and set everything on low settings (turned res to lowest possible setting too) the frame rate stayed exactly the same in that area.
Gpu only hits around 50% utilisation whilst a couple of CPU cores are getting around 80-90% max though the fps is not going up when CPU utilisation is lower. Can't figure out if it's a gpu or CPU issue here.

Tomb raider is having issues though not as bad. Using GeForce experience settings the fps drop from 60 to 45 frames (v sync triple buffering on, hair fx off, AA Fxaa tesselation off). I got better results on everything on low and figured out it was level of detail combined with shadow that caused the issue, turning level of detail to Normal and everything else maxed as well as tesselation on and AA to Fxaa would give me 60fps in the same spots.

Ac4 has pretty much the same issue as the Witch 2 in that in populated areas the frame rate goes to around 39-41 fps on GeForce experience settings and on the lowest possible settings and resolution, again monitoring my gpu and CPU, none were being highly utilised whilst Ths was going on

I've also been monitoring my gpu and CPU temperature in these situations and both seem fine, gpu is maxing at 65 c whilst the highest CPU gets is 50 c.

Bench mark results on firestorm gave me graphics of 10998 and physics 7665 (combined 2673)
I don't really understand these scores, I've noticed others with the same set up achieving better physics scores, does the gpu influence this?

Should I be getting better results than these, can you play at 60fps on tomb raider with level of detail at high or ultra?

Posted 12/03/2013 06:41 PM   
Can anyone with a single stock titan please let me know how these games compare on your system and what settings you use. Ac4 Tomb raider Witcher 2
Can anyone with a single stock titan please let me know how these games compare on your system and what settings you use.

Ac4
Tomb raider
Witcher 2

Posted 12/05/2013 07:20 AM   
I have a stock titan and my scores stock would be similar to yours in firestrike. These are OC gpu scores with i7 at 5.1 Physics 1274.0 Graphics 11537.0 combined 4279.0 Remember these are OC scores, my stock would not be far off yours. BTW my idle is 16c-18c (winter here) with loads around 56c
I have a stock titan and my scores stock would be similar to yours in firestrike.

These are OC gpu scores with i7 at 5.1

Physics 1274.0
Graphics 11537.0
combined 4279.0

Remember these are OC scores, my stock would not be far off yours.

BTW my idle is 16c-18c (winter here) with loads around 56c
Posted 12/05/2013 03:03 PM   
[quote="cravinmild"] BTW my idle is 16c-18c (winter here) with loads around 56c [/quote] Dang, that means your place is 50-55 F degrees o_0 pretty chilly
cravinmild said:
BTW my idle is 16c-18c (winter here) with loads around 56c

Dang, that means your place is 50-55 F degrees o_0 pretty chilly

Intel i7-2600K OC 4.5 GHZ CPU | 2x GTX 780 OC SLI GPU | Corsair RM 1000 GOLD PSU
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM | ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MOBO |
ASUS VG278H 27" 120HZ/3D Monitor | Corsair Carbide Air 540 Case

Posted 12/05/2013 11:06 PM   
that was around 56 or so that morning (inside)- 18c most times sitting idle, 21c surfing The card has been modified with a AIO cooler. [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/cravinmild/9565746043/][img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3699/9565746043_73b73c3268_o.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/cravinmild/9565746043/]OCN Titan complete sample[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/cravinmild/]cravinmild[/url], on Flickr
that was around 56 or so that morning (inside)- 18c most times sitting idle, 21c surfing

The card has been modified with a AIO cooler.

OCN Titan complete sample by cravinmild, on Flickr
Posted 12/05/2013 11:36 PM   
[quote="cravinmild"]that was around 56 or so that morning (inside)- 18c most times sitting idle, 21c surfing The card has been modified with a AIO cooler. [/quote] Cool man, nice setup.
cravinmild said:that was around 56 or so that morning (inside)- 18c most times sitting idle, 21c surfing

The card has been modified with a AIO cooler.

Cool man, nice setup.

Intel i7-2600K OC 4.5 GHZ CPU | 2x GTX 780 OC SLI GPU | Corsair RM 1000 GOLD PSU
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM | ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MOBO |
ASUS VG278H 27" 120HZ/3D Monitor | Corsair Carbide Air 540 Case

Posted 12/06/2013 04:59 PM   
Scroll To Top