Game freezes and the display driver crashes
Hello I have this problem that is really frustrating and keeps me from playing any games. I start my game (In this case World of Warcraft) and while on the log in screen i can get these weird tearing issues on the screen. Then I log in and pick my character and the game loads up. When I am in the game it takes about 3 seconds and then it freezes. My display driver also crashes sometimes. I have had some TDR BSODs aswell which is very frustrating. I have tried many different drivers, like the 331.65 and 331.82 aswell as the 314.22 driver but nothing helps. I have a KFA2 GTX 680. I have tried games like Grid 2 aswell but I get the same problem. For some reason Hearthstone works fine (Altho I only played it for like 5 minutes) I have tried the do a clean install of the drivers but still won't solve my issue. Any ideas? Thanks
Hello

I have this problem that is really frustrating and keeps me from playing any games. I start my game (In this case World of Warcraft) and while on the log in screen i can get these weird tearing issues on the screen. Then I log in and pick my character and the game loads up. When I am in the game it takes about 3 seconds and then it freezes. My display driver also crashes sometimes.

I have had some TDR BSODs aswell which is very frustrating. I have tried many different drivers, like the 331.65 and 331.82 aswell as the 314.22 driver but nothing helps. I have a KFA2 GTX 680. I have tried games like Grid 2 aswell but I get the same problem. For some reason Hearthstone works fine (Altho I only played it for like 5 minutes)

I have tried the do a clean install of the drivers but still won't solve my issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted 11/19/2013 11:15 PM   
Hi Thomja, I experienced the same issue for like almost 2 months and doing a clean install of what seemed like almost 10 different driver versions, except that it was with FPS games like BF3 and BF4. I recently fixed it by taking out the video card, cleaning the PCI-e contacts of the card with a clean cloth and rubber eraser and using canned air on the contacts of the PCI-e slot, and putting it back in. This might be very mundane and weird of a solution (I also thought that it wouldn't have anything to do with it before), but that definitely fixed it. Hope this helps!
Hi Thomja,

I experienced the same issue for like almost 2 months and doing a clean install of what seemed like almost 10 different driver versions, except that it was with FPS games like BF3 and BF4. I recently fixed it by taking out the video card, cleaning the PCI-e contacts of the card with a clean cloth and rubber eraser and using canned air on the contacts of the PCI-e slot, and putting it back in.

This might be very mundane and weird of a solution (I also thought that it wouldn't have anything to do with it before), but that definitely fixed it. Hope this helps!

Intel Core i7 2600K @4.6Ghz
Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM 8-8-8-24
Asus GTX 580 DirectCU II w/1.5GB VRAM
2 x 500GB Seagate Barracuda on RAID 0 for OS
2TB & 500GB Seagate Barracuda for storage
Corsair 850W power supply
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Posted 11/20/2013 08:34 AM   
[quote="ENEMEM"]Hi Thomja, I experienced the same issue for like almost 2 months and doing a clean install of what seemed like almost 10 different driver versions, except that it was with FPS games like BF3 and BF4. I recently fixed it by taking out the video card, cleaning the PCI-e contacts of the card with a clean cloth and rubber eraser and using canned air on the contacts of the PCI-e slot, and putting it back in. This might be very mundane and weird of a solution (I also thought that it wouldn't have anything to do with it before), but that definitely fixed it. Hope this helps![/quote] Thanks for the reply. I actually seemed to fix this yesterday(didn't want to post here untill I was sure). What I did was just to change the HDMI contact that the screen was hooked up to. So I believe that your solution might also work in my case, just clean the card up as I was moving two days ago and I had the card in its box the be able to give it more protection from bump on the roads. Thanks
ENEMEM said:Hi Thomja,

I experienced the same issue for like almost 2 months and doing a clean install of what seemed like almost 10 different driver versions, except that it was with FPS games like BF3 and BF4. I recently fixed it by taking out the video card, cleaning the PCI-e contacts of the card with a clean cloth and rubber eraser and using canned air on the contacts of the PCI-e slot, and putting it back in.

This might be very mundane and weird of a solution (I also thought that it wouldn't have anything to do with it before), but that definitely fixed it. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply.

I actually seemed to fix this yesterday(didn't want to post here untill I was sure). What I did was just to change the HDMI contact that the screen was hooked up to. So I believe that your solution might also work in my case, just clean the card up as I was moving two days ago and I had the card in its box the be able to give it more protection from bump on the roads.

Thanks

Posted 11/20/2013 12:21 PM   
Scroll To Top