After windows 8.1 geforce gtx 760m stopped working
HI! Not sure if this is the right place to post this but anyways. After I installed windows 8.1 everything seemed less "sharp" and games previously played on ultra can now only be played on low. Apparently the intel graphics card has taken over from the geforce. I tried installing the latest drivers from the Geforce website but they won't install. I tried uninstalling the driver that was already installed but this didn't help. Now the Geforce graphics card seems to have completely gone. Has anyone experienced the same issues? Does anyone know what I can do to solve this? /Ventris1
HI!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but anyways. After I installed windows 8.1 everything seemed less "sharp" and games previously played on ultra can now only be played on low. Apparently the intel graphics card has taken over from the geforce. I tried installing the latest drivers from the Geforce website but they won't install. I tried uninstalling the driver that was already installed but this didn't help. Now the Geforce graphics card seems to have completely gone.

Has anyone experienced the same issues? Does anyone know what I can do to solve this?

/Ventris1

Posted 11/19/2013 12:12 PM   
Dude, roll back to 8. I'm having a lot of problems in 8.1 (with nvidia drivers)...thats pretty sad.
Dude, roll back to 8. I'm having a lot of problems in 8.1 (with nvidia drivers)...thats pretty sad.

WINDOWS 8.1 x64::ASUS GTX780 DIRECT CU II OC::ASUS P9 X79-E WS (bios 1301)::INTEL 3820::KINGSOTN HYPERX 16GB::WD VELOCIRAPTOR 250GB - SSD KINGSTON HYPERX 240GB 3K::ENERMAX PLATIMAX 1000 OC EDITION::DELL ALIENWARE OPTX AW2310

Posted 11/19/2013 05:08 PM   
First thing to check for is, if your laptop manufacturer supports Windows 8.1 and has drivers available for the other components in your laptop. Secondly whenever you report things like this, its helpful to include the actual make/model of the laptop you are using.
First thing to check for is, if your laptop manufacturer supports Windows 8.1 and has drivers available for the other components in your laptop.

Secondly whenever you report things like this, its helpful to include the actual make/model of the laptop you are using.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 980 SLI:Asus ROG Swift PG278Q.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 11/19/2013 06:50 PM   
OK, i think going back to 8 is what I'm gonna do. I just bought an Asus N65JR-s4006H. I spoke to Asus and they basically said either go back to Win 8 or wait and see if any fixes are released for this issue. So I think going back to Win 8 seems to be the best option.
OK, i think going back to 8 is what I'm gonna do. I just bought an Asus N65JR-s4006H. I spoke to Asus and they basically said either go back to Win 8 or wait and see if any fixes are released for this issue. So I think going back to Win 8 seems to be the best option.

Posted 11/19/2013 08:36 PM   
Have you tried disabling the intel graphics via BIOS? This has helped some people.
Have you tried disabling the intel graphics via BIOS? This has helped some people.

Phat Monkey
www.PhatMonkey.me
WIN 8.1 64bit, 32 Gig Kingston Hyper X RAM, Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5, 2 x GTX Titans, i7 4770k OC 4.06 GHZ

Posted 11/19/2013 09:14 PM   
Hi, I also have an Asus N56JR and had the exact same problem, that's how I stumbled upon this discussion. Rejoice! Freshly released today, here is a working driver: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/30611-asus-geforce-driver-33156/ Enjoy, but be advised though, that I scored on 3D Mark, nearly 50% lower that on Win7 on this very same machine. Might be something else in my config though, I don't know for sure. Regards, Dimitar
Hi,

I also have an Asus N56JR and had the exact same problem, that's how I stumbled upon this discussion. Rejoice! Freshly released today, here is a working driver:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/30611-asus-geforce-driver-33156/

Enjoy, but be advised though, that I scored on 3D Mark, nearly 50% lower that on Win7 on this very same machine. Might be something else in my config though, I don't know for sure.

Regards,
Dimitar

Posted 11/22/2013 06:51 AM   
Ok cool! I went back to win 8 and now everything works as before. I'll keep this in mind though if I download win 8.1 again. Thanks guys for responding btw! :)
Ok cool! I went back to win 8 and now everything works as before. I'll keep this in mind though if I download win 8.1 again. Thanks guys for responding btw! :)

Posted 11/22/2013 02:07 PM   
Yes i finally made it work . After 4 days of trying lots of solutions i got it :) !! Actually it's the most simple solution !! After a fresh install of winsdows 8.1 i didn't install the ASUS drivers from the original ASUS driver disk . What i did ... I let windows update itself . Win 8.1 found found the optimal driver configuration , everything started working just fine . I just needed to install the ATKPackage for the keyboard backlight . I can't say its the best graphics drivers , but i am happy to have my GTX760m finally up and running :) . Still waiting for newer drivers , i thing i can raise the FPS ... Anyways , thanks nvidia for the drivers and thanks microsoft for assembling all the stuff together :) !!!
Yes i finally made it work . After 4 days of trying lots of solutions i got it :) !! Actually it's the most simple solution !!
After a fresh install of winsdows 8.1 i didn't install the ASUS drivers from the original ASUS driver disk . What i did ... I let windows update itself . Win 8.1 found found the optimal driver configuration , everything started working just fine . I just needed to install the ATKPackage for the keyboard backlight . I can't say its the best graphics drivers , but i am happy to have my GTX760m finally up and running :) . Still waiting for newer drivers , i thing i can raise the FPS ...

Anyways , thanks nvidia for the drivers and thanks microsoft for assembling all the stuff together :) !!!

Posted 12/29/2013 09:33 PM   
Hi All, I bought on Friday the Asus N56jr, installed Win 8.1 and, now I have the same issue. I've tried the steps above and the driver starts working for a while, then the error (code 43) appears again. The GPU cannot be detected even when the driver seems to be working and the control panel cannot be accessed NEVER. I wrote to Asus, but still no answer, does anyone have any "new" solution? Does everything work with windows 8? Thanks!
Hi All,

I bought on Friday the Asus N56jr, installed Win 8.1 and, now I have the same issue. I've tried the steps above and the driver starts working for a while, then the error (code 43) appears again.

The GPU cannot be detected even when the driver seems to be working and the control panel cannot be accessed NEVER.

I wrote to Asus, but still no answer, does anyone have any "new" solution?
Does everything work with windows 8?

Thanks!

Posted 01/05/2014 11:38 AM   
All right guys ... let me tell you my (kinda long) story with the Asus n56jr I purchased last week, which may help some of you, as I solved the issue hopefully for good. I know it is a long text, but it is worth reading if you want your Nvidia back. As soon as my n56jr arrived I did what any wise man should do, formatted it with Windows 7 without even booting into W8 (or 8.1 for that matter). Of course after booting for the first time I had nothing going, no wifi or anything, because the drivers were missing. So I installed the wifi driver (downloaded from Atheros) and started digging for the other ones. The next two drivers I installed were the video drivers, the latest 4600 from intel website followed by the latest (335.23 I guess) from Nvidia's website. From then I moved on to installing other stuff, like like the instantkey and power4gear, taken from Asus's website under the N56VM downloads. After that, everything worked fine, and I was happy. So happy that I got a blink of stupidity, and thought: "hey, this all works fine ... and I have a w8 license embedded in the BIOS... so why not go there?", which I did, following basically the same steps, going straight into 8.1 and installing the latest drivers from Intel and Nvidia, which in fact worked fine for quite a few hours. After some gaming and having fun on W8.1 I got the "Blue sad screen of death" and rebooted. And then hell broke loose. My Nvidia was "dead" with Error 43. Then I went back to W8 ... Error 43. Then I recovered the ghost image I had made of my working W7 system, thinking: "ok, if this is a driver issue, this image will take it back to exactly where it was before, working fine"... but ... error 43 on W7 as well. I even reinstalled W7 following again the same steps from first time, and still had error 43. At this point I was thingking: "OMFG!!! Going into w8.1 fried the Nvidia? NO WAY!!! WTF!!!" Then I started trying stuff like uninstalling the drivers (both Intel and Nvidia), rolling them back, trying the ASUS versions. Nothing could get me rid of the Error 43. Until I gave up. At that point I said to myself: "Now you go to sleep and tomorrow you call Asus support, you dumb moron", that's when I noticed that the battery led was blinking orange/green. Well ... I had to fix at least something before going to sleep, so I googled it and saw that some people had the same blinking issue after power surges or such, and the solution was very simple: just power off, take the battery out, power on, shutdown, put the battery back and off you go. To my amazement, after doing all this, not only the led stopped blinking but I also got my Nvidia back, and I am now running again with the latest beta from Nvidia's website, gaming like there's no tomorrow, happy as a pig in a pit of shit. My conclusion is that somehow the battery issue was related to the Nvidia issue. Which leads me to think that the issue is related to power management (like disabling the Nvidia when there's not enough power to run it, or when (mistakenly) recognizing a wrong battery or power adapter). Definitely a driver issue, but maybe not video driver related. So I am back in business and won't dare go to 8.1 again, at least not on this (designed to W8.1) laptop. :) Hope it helps.
All right guys ... let me tell you my (kinda long) story with the Asus n56jr I purchased last week, which may help some of you, as I solved the issue hopefully for good.
I know it is a long text, but it is worth reading if you want your Nvidia back.

As soon as my n56jr arrived I did what any wise man should do, formatted it with Windows 7 without even booting into W8 (or 8.1 for that matter).
Of course after booting for the first time I had nothing going, no wifi or anything, because the drivers were missing. So I installed the wifi driver (downloaded from Atheros) and started digging for the other ones.
The next two drivers I installed were the video drivers, the latest 4600 from intel website followed by the latest (335.23 I guess) from Nvidia's website. From then I moved on to installing other stuff, like like the instantkey and power4gear, taken from Asus's website under the N56VM downloads.
After that, everything worked fine, and I was happy.
So happy that I got a blink of stupidity, and thought: "hey, this all works fine ... and I have a w8 license embedded in the BIOS... so why not go there?", which I did, following basically the same steps, going straight into 8.1 and installing the latest drivers from Intel and Nvidia, which in fact worked fine for quite a few hours.
After some gaming and having fun on W8.1 I got the "Blue sad screen of death" and rebooted. And then hell broke loose. My Nvidia was "dead" with Error 43.
Then I went back to W8 ... Error 43.
Then I recovered the ghost image I had made of my working W7 system, thinking: "ok, if this is a driver issue, this image will take it back to exactly where it was before, working fine"... but ... error 43 on W7 as well. I even reinstalled W7 following again the same steps from first time, and still had error 43.
At this point I was thingking: "OMFG!!! Going into w8.1 fried the Nvidia? NO WAY!!! WTF!!!"
Then I started trying stuff like uninstalling the drivers (both Intel and Nvidia), rolling them back, trying the ASUS versions. Nothing could get me rid of the Error 43. Until I gave up.
At that point I said to myself: "Now you go to sleep and tomorrow you call Asus support, you dumb moron", that's when I noticed that the battery led was blinking orange/green.
Well ... I had to fix at least something before going to sleep, so I googled it and saw that some people had the same blinking issue after power surges or such, and the solution was very simple: just power off, take the battery out, power on, shutdown, put the battery back and off you go.
To my amazement, after doing all this, not only the led stopped blinking but I also got my Nvidia back, and I am now running again with the latest beta from Nvidia's website, gaming like there's no tomorrow, happy as a pig in a pit of shit.
My conclusion is that somehow the battery issue was related to the Nvidia issue. Which leads me to think that the issue is related to power management (like disabling the Nvidia when there's not enough power to run it, or when (mistakenly) recognizing a wrong battery or power adapter). Definitely a driver issue, but maybe not video driver related.
So I am back in business and won't dare go to 8.1 again, at least not on this (designed to W8.1) laptop. :)
Hope it helps.

Posted 05/06/2014 02:19 PM   
Scroll To Top