Minecraft with ShadowPlay?
Hi, I've started using the Shadowplay feature in Nvidia Experience to record videos as it's much more efficient than FRAPS, but it doesn't seem to record Minecraft. I'm guessing it has something to do with being a java app rather than being a typical program. Has anyone found a solution or a work around to this? Thanks.
Hi,

I've started using the Shadowplay feature in Nvidia Experience to record videos as it's much more efficient than FRAPS, but it doesn't seem to record Minecraft.

I'm guessing it has something to do with being a java app rather than being a typical program.

Has anyone found a solution or a work around to this?

Thanks.

Posted 10/31/2013 12:18 PM   
Ah, just saw this in the FAQ: Q: Does ShadowPlay support games in windowed mode ? A: Not at this time. Probably because I always play Minecraft in Windowed fullscreen mode so I can switch between monitors when needed.
Ah, just saw this in the FAQ:

Q: Does ShadowPlay support games in windowed mode ?
A: Not at this time.

Probably because I always play Minecraft in Windowed fullscreen mode so I can switch between monitors when needed.

Posted 10/31/2013 12:23 PM   
While that is correct (we don't support windowed mode at this time) Minecraft is an OpenGL title, and we currently only support DX titles, so unfortunately Minecraft isn't supported right now.
While that is correct (we don't support windowed mode at this time) Minecraft is an OpenGL title, and we currently only support DX titles, so unfortunately Minecraft isn't supported right now.

Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Nvidia, any other entity, or individual.

Posted 10/31/2013 06:25 PM   
Will OpenGL be supported eventually?
Will OpenGL be supported eventually?

Posted 10/31/2013 08:48 PM   
Yes, will OpenGL eventually be supported as it would be greatly appreciated?
Yes, will OpenGL eventually be supported as it would be greatly appreciated?

Posted 11/07/2013 09:45 PM   
Hey, do you guys know which update you will be adding OpenGL, I love making minecraft videos for my YouTube channel, and switched to Shadowplay, hoping I could do longer videos than the unregistered version of bandicam (10 minutes). I would really love if you guys add OpenGL in the next driver update, I think much more people will use Shadowplay.
Hey, do you guys know which update you will be adding OpenGL, I love making minecraft videos for my YouTube channel, and switched to Shadowplay, hoping I could do longer videos than the unregistered version of bandicam (10 minutes). I would really love if you guys add OpenGL in the next driver update, I think much more people will use Shadowplay.

Posted 03/02/2014 01:54 AM   
I got Shadowplay working with Quake 3(which uses OpenGL) by using GLDirect http://sourceforge.net/projects/gldirect/ The file opengl32.dll is placed in the folder with the game's executable, you'd need to make sure the game runs in fullscreen. I don't think it's 100%, but it's worth trying.
I got Shadowplay working with Quake 3(which uses OpenGL) by using GLDirect http://sourceforge.net/projects/gldirect/

The file opengl32.dll is placed in the folder with the game's executable, you'd need to make sure the game runs in fullscreen. I don't think it's 100%, but it's worth trying.

Posted 03/02/2014 02:05 AM   
Guess what now you can record any game when in windowed mode using the feature just added the record desktop it will just record your desktop so for max quality do borderless windowed and maximise it it will record it fine and dandy i have run a few tests and seems to work fine
Guess what now you can record any game when in windowed mode using the feature just added the record desktop it will just record your desktop so for max quality do borderless windowed and maximise it it will record it fine and dandy i have run a few tests and seems to work fine

Posted 04/08/2014 06:29 AM   
I found a work around to it! Start your recording in windowed mode using the record desktop feature then once started go into fullscreen and it will work
I found a work around to it! Start your recording in windowed mode using the record desktop feature then once started go into fullscreen and it will work

Posted 07/19/2014 01:47 AM   
Scroll To Top