Windows Update Error
Hi everyone. I am trying to localize the issue I am having with windows update. I am posting here because after updating to the latest Nvidia driver (GeForce 331.65 Driver) I now receive this error when trying to update windows: "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer." So now I am unable to update Windows 7. I have tried a few fixes without luck and I found one person online that had this issue after installing a new hard drive so I figured I would post here to see if anyone else has had an issue. Any ideas or tips would be helpful. Thanks! - Mike
Hi everyone. I am trying to localize the issue I am having with windows update. I am posting here because after updating to the latest Nvidia driver (GeForce 331.65 Driver) I now receive this error when trying to update windows: "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer."

So now I am unable to update Windows 7. I have tried a few fixes without luck and I found one person online that had this issue after installing a new hard drive so I figured I would post here to see if anyone else has had an issue. Any ideas or tips would be helpful.

Thanks!

- Mike

Posted 10/30/2013 01:17 AM   
Well I fixed my error but no idea how it happened. I followed these instructions to fix it. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_start/i-an-unable-to-update-microsoft-security/27315515-db99-428e-a424-f5d1508f7ba1 If anyone else updates and has this issue these steps worked. - Mike
Well I fixed my error but no idea how it happened. I followed these instructions to fix it. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_start/i-an-unable-to-update-microsoft-security/27315515-db99-428e-a424-f5d1508f7ba1

If anyone else updates and has this issue these steps worked.

- Mike

Posted 10/30/2013 01:41 AM   
Scroll To Top