Wrong resolution on Displayport>VGA adapter
Hello, I bought a Displayport to VGA adapter. Its for connecting my 3th screen since i have no other connections that are free. I have a GTX660 DC2O 2GB. (1xHDMI 1xDVI-D 1xDVI-I 1xDisplayport) And 3 ACER AL2216W monitors, and 1 of them has DVI besides VGA. According to the web and shops, the adapter supports 1920x1080. However i only need it to be 1680x1050. I connected it but it only shows 1280x1024 as max native resolution. The screen also isnt detected by windows correctly. I deinstalled the monitor and added it manually. It now says i have a ACER 2216W, wich is correct. But still only 1280x1024. If i connect my laptop to it on VGA, the resolution can be set to 1680x1050, So its something with the displayport... However, according to all info, displayport>VGA-adapters should have support till much higher resolutions... I have no clue why i cant get it right. Plz help!
Hello,

I bought a Displayport to VGA adapter.
Its for connecting my 3th screen since i have no other connections that are free.

I have a GTX660 DC2O 2GB. (1xHDMI 1xDVI-D 1xDVI-I 1xDisplayport)
And 3 ACER AL2216W monitors, and 1 of them has DVI besides VGA.

According to the web and shops, the adapter supports 1920x1080.
However i only need it to be 1680x1050.

I connected it but it only shows 1280x1024 as max native resolution.
The screen also isnt detected by windows correctly.

I deinstalled the monitor and added it manually. It now says i have a ACER 2216W, wich is correct.
But still only 1280x1024.

If i connect my laptop to it on VGA, the resolution can be set to 1680x1050, So its something with the displayport... However, according to all info, displayport>VGA-adapters should have support till much higher resolutions...

I have no clue why i cant get it right.
Plz help!

Posted 10/26/2013 04:14 PM   
What version of the drivers are you using ? If its the latest try reverting to an older one , or try upgrading to the last driver if its the older . Also did you download the drivers from the Acer website to install the monitor manually ? What version of Windows are you using . Try setting the resolution through you nvidia control panel . Also see if the refresh rate is the correct one . What are you using the 4th connection on the card for ? You said the DP is the only one free .
What version of the drivers are you using ? If its the latest try reverting to an older one , or try upgrading to the last driver if its the older . Also did you download the drivers from the Acer website to install the monitor manually ? What version of Windows are you using . Try setting the resolution through you nvidia control panel . Also see if the refresh rate is the correct one . What are you using the 4th connection on the card for ? You said the DP is the only one free .

Mobo: Asus Z87-A / RAM: 1600 DDR3 Kingston /CPU: i7-4770k @ 4.6 GPU: GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming / Factory overclock 1430(boost)
Monitor: LG M2362D(primary) + Dell E178FP

Posted 10/26/2013 06:54 PM   
I use the latest beta drivers. On Windows 7 nvidia version, updated and all. And yes i tried to install the drivers for the monitor manually but the drivers arent 64 bit version. It shows up as LCD_VGA under general tab of Properties. Under hardware tab, Device Functions: You see my manually installed driver Acer AL2216W. I have a second screen like this and its working fine on DVI-I>D-SUB(VGA). So i have 3 x Acer AL2216W monitors. 2xVGA , 1xDVI-D&VGA. On my GTX660 DC2O there are 4 ports; 1xDVI-I, 1xDVI-D, 1xHDMI, 1xDisplayPort. And i have 2 slots over in my GTX660 1 displayport and 1 HDMI to set my third monitor on. I was planning on keeping the hdmi for tv output, so i want displayport-out, to VGA-in. Wich i have bought, but isnt properly working...
I use the latest beta drivers. On Windows 7 nvidia version, updated and all.
And yes i tried to install the drivers for the monitor manually but the drivers arent 64 bit version.
It shows up as LCD_VGA under general tab of Properties. Under hardware tab, Device Functions: You see my manually installed driver Acer AL2216W.

I have a second screen like this and its working fine on DVI-I>D-SUB(VGA).

So i have 3 x Acer AL2216W monitors. 2xVGA , 1xDVI-D&VGA.
On my GTX660 DC2O there are 4 ports; 1xDVI-I, 1xDVI-D, 1xHDMI, 1xDisplayPort.

And i have 2 slots over in my GTX660 1 displayport and 1 HDMI to set my third monitor on.
I was planning on keeping the hdmi for tv output, so i want displayport-out, to VGA-in.

Wich i have bought, but isnt properly working...

Posted 10/26/2013 11:53 PM   
I have found some people on other forums are having issues with Windows recognising their monitors when displayport-vga adapter is used , but when they install the drivers manually it works out . You could try reverting to a older version of the Nvidia drivers , try 320 . Uninstall all your nvidia drivers from control panel , then use a program like Driver Fusion (driver sweeper) to remove ALL nvidia driver remains . Then install [url=http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/63458/en-us]320.49[/url]. Also did you install your driver manually with an installer or through device manager ? I had a problem with refresh rate so i had to install my monitors drivers manuallly but the installer wasn't suited for Win8 so i when into device manager , rightclick on your monitor , update driver, browse my computer , and browse to the folder of your downloaded drivers . See if that helps maybe . Hope someting works for you .
I have found some people on other forums are having issues with Windows recognising their monitors when displayport-vga adapter is used , but when they install the drivers manually it works out .
You could try reverting to a older version of the Nvidia drivers , try 320 . Uninstall all your nvidia drivers from control panel , then use a program like Driver Fusion (driver sweeper) to remove ALL nvidia driver remains . Then install 320.49. Also did you install your driver manually with an installer or through device manager ? I had a problem with refresh rate so i had to install my monitors drivers manuallly but the installer wasn't suited for Win8 so i when into device manager , rightclick on your monitor , update driver, browse my computer , and browse to the folder of your downloaded drivers . See if that helps maybe .
Hope someting works for you .

Mobo: Asus Z87-A / RAM: 1600 DDR3 Kingston /CPU: i7-4770k @ 4.6 GPU: GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming / Factory overclock 1430(boost)
Monitor: LG M2362D(primary) + Dell E178FP

Posted 10/27/2013 07:42 AM   
Already did this... But still it wont work...
Already did this... But still it wont work...

Posted 10/29/2013 04:32 PM   
This worked like a charm for me, same problem here, u can use it to fix general EDID troubles tho Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) [url]http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU[/url]
This worked like a charm for me, same problem here, u can use it to fix general EDID troubles tho
Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

Posted 10/12/2016 02:34 PM   
Scroll To Top