Desktop/Internet Browser Freeze Thread w/ Geforce 460/560 GPUs (Updated for NB 12/5/13 Page79)
  1 / 98    
Some users are reporting stability issues after upgrading their drivers to display driver branches R319_00 and above (i.e. R320.18, R320.49, R326.19, etc.). We have addressed some of the issues that affected stability up to and including our latest BETA driver 331.40. We are still seeing some users reporting issues while browsing the web or other desktop apps that results in desktop freezes or TDRs. We are experiencing difficulties reproducing some of the issues that are submitted by users and therefore we are asking users to fill out the form below to provide us with better data that we can use to setup similar configurations as our users. [url]http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=241032f7eb7c9be2b568cb64e9dc9851[/url] If you are located in the USA and would be willing to loan us your graphics card, please email me at driverfeedback@nvidia.com. This is only for users who experience stability issues with driver R320.xx which goes away if you revert back to an earlier driver such as R314.22. We will cover shipping costs both ways and provide you with a loaner card to use once we receive your card. I expect we would need your card for a period of 3-4 weeks. Due to complications with international shipping, we can only accept boards from end users living in the USA. For more advanced users, especially on desktop or while browsing Firefox, it would be helpful if you could provide us dump files from your system. Please make sure you are sending dump files from driver 331.58 as it has slightly new instrumentation. An article explaining TDRs and collectig dump files is available from our website at: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3335 You want to do the following to obtain dump files from application crashes: 1) Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter "R" at the same time to bring up the Run command 2) Type the following in the Open field: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps 3) Press OK button 4) It should open up the default folder where Windows saves your crash logs. Look for the most recently dated files as those represent crashes that have occured with the most recent driver. These are the files we need from your system. If your issue causes your computer to display a blue screen of death or reboot your PC, Windows will create a minidump file in the location: c:\windows\Minidump For TDRs not crashing apps/system, they can be stored at: c:\windows\livekernelreport You can email these files to driverfeedback@nvidia.com Please include in description what apps you were running when this occured, OS and graphics card used. [u][b]Last but not least, if you could also include screenshot from GPU-Z and CPU-Z report by going into About tab -> click "Save Report (TXT)" button and include both GPU-Z screenshot and CPU-Z report TXT file in your email, that would be very helpful as well.[/b][/u]
Some users are reporting stability issues after upgrading their drivers to display driver branches R319_00 and above (i.e. R320.18, R320.49, R326.19, etc.). We have addressed some of the issues that affected stability up to and including our latest BETA driver 331.40. We are still seeing some users reporting issues while browsing the web or other desktop apps that results in desktop freezes or TDRs. We are experiencing difficulties reproducing some of the issues that are submitted by users and therefore we are asking users to fill out the form below to provide us with better data that we can use to setup similar configurations as our users.

http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=241032f7eb7c9be2b568cb64e9dc9851

If you are located in the USA and would be willing to loan us your graphics card, please email me at driverfeedback@nvidia.com. This is only for users who experience stability issues with driver R320.xx which goes away if you revert back to an earlier driver such as R314.22. We will cover shipping costs both ways and provide you with a loaner card to use once we receive your card. I expect we would need your card for a period of 3-4 weeks. Due to complications with international shipping, we can only accept boards from end users living in the USA.

For more advanced users, especially on desktop or while browsing Firefox, it would be helpful if you could provide us dump files from your system. Please make sure you are sending dump files from driver 331.58 as it has slightly new instrumentation. An article explaining TDRs and collectig dump files is available from our website at:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3335

You want to do the following to obtain dump files from application crashes:

1) Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter "R" at the same time to bring up the Run command
2) Type the following in the Open field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps
3) Press OK button
4) It should open up the default folder where Windows saves your crash logs. Look for the most recently dated files as those represent crashes that have occured with the most recent driver. These are the files we need from your system.

If your issue causes your computer to display a blue screen of death or reboot your PC, Windows will create a minidump file in the location:

c:\windows\Minidump

For TDRs not crashing apps/system, they can be stored at:

c:\windows\livekernelreport

You can email these files to driverfeedback@nvidia.com

Please include in description what apps you were running when this occured, OS and graphics card used. Last but not least, if you could also include screenshot from GPU-Z and CPU-Z report by going into About tab -> click "Save Report (TXT)" button and include both GPU-Z screenshot and CPU-Z report TXT file in your email, that would be very helpful as well.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 10/16/2013 08:08 AM   
Please sticky this post and close the thread. Well done, we'll help you.
Please sticky this post and close the thread. Well done, we'll help you.

Posted 10/16/2013 08:39 AM   
[quote="milivojm"]Please sticky this post and close the thread. Well done, we'll help you.[/quote] Thank you. Appreciate it. Stickied but want to keep thread open in case users have questions.
milivojm said:Please sticky this post and close the thread. Well done, we'll help you.

Thank you. Appreciate it. Stickied but want to keep thread open in case users have questions.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 10/16/2013 09:07 AM   
Thank you SO much for finally trying to get to the bottom of this. I'll help the best I can.
Thank you SO much for finally trying to get to the bottom of this. I'll help the best I can.

Posted 10/16/2013 09:06 AM   
Thank you for taking the issue seriously. Already filled the form. I live outside USA so can't send the card.
Thank you for taking the issue seriously.
Already filled the form.
I live outside USA so can't send the card.

Posted 10/16/2013 09:10 AM   
Thank you both very much. Also if you experienced this issue but was fixed in one of our newer drivers such as 331.40, it would be good to share this info to see if the bug fixes we have already introduced has made any difference.
Thank you both very much. Also if you experienced this issue but was fixed in one of our newer drivers such as 331.40, it would be good to share this info to see if the bug fixes we have already introduced has made any difference.

Posted 10/16/2013 09:18 AM   
No, unfortunately as I wrote in the form 331.30 has the same issues as 326.80 and 327. To me, it's something about P8 and P12 power states, and transition between them. At full power (P0), the card runs without issues, continuously, even overclocked, with every 3xx driver.
No, unfortunately as I wrote in the form 331.30 has the same issues as 326.80 and 327.

To me, it's something about P8 and P12 power states, and transition between them.
At full power (P0), the card runs without issues, continuously, even overclocked, with every 3xx driver.

Posted 10/16/2013 09:37 AM   
I can confirm that since I've turned off adaptive power management and changed it to max performance in control panel computer has to run without problems for 3 days. I will turn on GPU rendering in IE and Chrome and let you know in 3 days. GPU: nVidia 560 GTX CPU: Intel i7 3770
I can confirm that since I've turned off adaptive power management and changed it to max performance in control panel computer has to run without problems for 3 days.

I will turn on GPU rendering in IE and Chrome and let you know in 3 days.

GPU: nVidia 560 GTX
CPU: Intel i7 3770

Posted 10/16/2013 12:00 PM   
I have 5 computers now, all with nvidia cards. High end cards like 680`s, low cards like 9500GT or 8800gt and mid range like 560TI. I never had a problem with the nvidia drivers on browsers, even with beta`s. I always use the latest drivers on all cards and never had a browser crash or the green screen that everybody is saying they have in flash videos or even freezes etc. hmmmm... All i can say is that, what i see on the forums is that people have problems with Firefox. I never use that browse. With Opera i never had any problems with any card or driver. On some computer i use Chrome also and its working just fine, with the latest adobe flash. Opera 15 and up, and Chrome are on the same engine, maybe thats why with this browsers i dont have problems. I have a lot of friends that use Firefox and have problems with it. Same problems like the others freezes on youtube, when they acceses something that is using adobe flash for example or some random crashes. Since i told them to jump to Opera they got rid of the problems. In my opinion its a problem from Firefox`s engine or something. ( i had some problems with IE but come on, ITS IE :P put they where not flash related, just crashing like a good IE that it is. ) Thats my part of my experience, so i want people to know maybe it helps somebody. Thanks and Cheers! PS: sorry for my bad English.
I have 5 computers now, all with nvidia cards. High end cards like 680`s, low cards like 9500GT or 8800gt and mid range like 560TI. I never had a problem with the nvidia drivers on browsers, even with beta`s.
I always use the latest drivers on all cards and never had a browser crash or the green screen that everybody is saying they have in flash videos or even freezes etc. hmmmm...
All i can say is that, what i see on the forums is that people have problems with Firefox. I never use that browse. With Opera i never had any problems with any card or driver. On some computer i use Chrome also and its working just fine, with the latest adobe flash. Opera 15 and up, and Chrome are on the same engine, maybe thats why with this browsers i dont have problems. I have a lot of friends that use Firefox and have problems with it. Same problems like the others freezes on youtube, when they acceses something that is using adobe flash for example or some random crashes. Since i told them to jump to Opera they got rid of the problems.
In my opinion its a problem from Firefox`s engine or something. ( i had some problems with IE but come on, ITS IE :P put they where not flash related, just crashing like a good IE that it is. )
Thats my part of my experience, so i want people to know maybe it helps somebody.
Thanks and Cheers!
PS: sorry for my bad English.

Posted 10/16/2013 12:07 PM   
@ManuelG: is there any specific test we, owners of problematic 4xx/5xx cards, may perform to better diagnose the problem? Do you have any internal utility, test, diagnostic you can send us?
@ManuelG:

is there any specific test we, owners of problematic 4xx/5xx cards, may perform to better diagnose the problem?
Do you have any internal utility, test, diagnostic you can send us?

Posted 10/16/2013 12:44 PM   
For those who want to upload their Dmp related to TDR,(not bsod) they are located on c:\windows\livekernelreport
For those who want to upload their Dmp related to TDR,(not bsod) they are located on c:\windows\livekernelreport

My Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) : Here

Proud member of Nvidia Beta Program.

-Motherboard: Maximus Gene V (Bios 1903)
-CPU: I7-3770K (All stock clock)
-PSU: Corsair 1000watt
-RAM: 16GB corsair (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9)
-GPU : EVGA nVidia GTX 690 (Stock clock)(bios : 80.04.1E.00.F1) and (80.04.1E.00.F0) (UEFI)
-Monitor : Asus VH242H (a 60Hz Monitor)
-HDD: Intel SSD 520 Series (240GB) + 2TB HDD Western Digital
-Antivirus : Norton Antivirus 2014
-NVCP: All default Except changed adaptive to Prefer max performance.

Posted 10/16/2013 02:37 PM   
I have a gtx580 and since yesterday I have massive TDR problem, I had it 2 weeks ago but I reinstalled drivers 327.23 a few times and it stopped. Now the problem is back and I have TDRs after windows log into my desktop. If I start in safe mode system is stable. Should I take part in the survey or it is for 460/560 only? I also have .dmp files related to TDR to send. I have tried many fixes but could not make my pc stable. It was working fine 2 days ago, nothing installed and now driver crashhing all the time...
I have a gtx580 and since yesterday I have massive TDR problem, I had it 2 weeks ago but I reinstalled drivers 327.23 a few times and it stopped. Now the problem is back and I have TDRs after windows log into my desktop. If I start in safe mode system is stable. Should I take part in the survey or it is for 460/560 only? I also have .dmp files related to TDR to send. I have tried many fixes but could not make my pc stable. It was working fine 2 days ago, nothing installed and now driver crashhing all the time...

Posted 10/16/2013 02:52 PM   
I've had this problem since i updated to the 327.27 driver. Currently i'm using a nVidia 560 GTX and an Intel i7 4770k. When this issue started I was using a AMD Phenom 9600B Quad CPU , I rolled back my driver and it worked fine. Since I have installed a new CPU, Motherboard and RAM. I reinstalled the new driver and I am still experiencing the exact same issue even with the new hardware, I'm sill using the same windows install and hardrive though. Also happens with the i5 4670k. Getting tdr, freezes and an irratic mouse curser that changes shape regardless of context. only happens with browser open. (i use Firefox)
I've had this problem since i updated to the 327.27 driver.
Currently i'm using a nVidia 560 GTX and an Intel i7 4770k.

When this issue started I was using a AMD Phenom 9600B Quad CPU , I rolled back my driver and it worked fine. Since I have installed a new CPU, Motherboard and RAM. I reinstalled the new driver and I am still experiencing the exact same issue even with the new hardware, I'm sill using the same windows install and hardrive though. Also happens with the i5 4670k.

Getting tdr, freezes and an irratic mouse curser that changes shape regardless of context. only happens with browser open. (i use Firefox)

Posted 10/16/2013 04:40 PM   
That's awesome that you're covering shipping both ways and accepting loaned graphics cards. This should help immensely in chasing down the problem and creating a fix.
That's awesome that you're covering shipping both ways and accepting loaned graphics cards. This should help immensely in chasing down the problem and creating a fix.

Posted 10/16/2013 05:26 PM   
[quote="XFer012"]@ManuelG: is there any specific test we, owners of problematic 4xx/5xx cards, may perform to better diagnose the problem? Do you have any internal utility, test, diagnostic you can send us? [/quote] We are working on an instrumented driver which will collect more info from users who wish to participate in testing. I will share this with everyone once it is ready.
XFer012 said:@ManuelG:

is there any specific test we, owners of problematic 4xx/5xx cards, may perform to better diagnose the problem?
Do you have any internal utility, test, diagnostic you can send us?

We are working on an instrumented driver which will collect more info from users who wish to participate in testing. I will share this with everyone once it is ready.

Posted 10/16/2013 09:12 PM   
  1 / 98    
Scroll To Top