Desktop/Internet Browser Freeze Thread w/ Geforce 460/560 GPUs (Updated for NB 12/5/13 Page79)
  50 / 98    
[quote="Shinra358"]Drivers are overclocking the graphics cards. It all makes sense now xD[/quote] In fact, im convinced not only overclocked the card (i wish was that simple) is the whole energy managemente who gets mad...if only was a o.c issue, with evga precision or msi afterburner we can "force" a constant voltage or some kind of profile. But its more complicated than that, or at least i think so. ManuelG or any other nvidia visible head are M.I.A, that is a very sad thing under my point of view. What is happening here? My card is a marvellous piece of hardware, im not complaining or whining about that, but im very dissapointed with the post-sale service facing costumer.... Thats encourages me. 314.22 until they dont run latest games at all (i can live with some lose of performance, but...dont RUN AT ALL?...come on). keep in markers this thread, and come to visit time to time...(so i can practice my poorly bastard english, more than other thing) Buenas noches y....buena suerte desde España colegas...
Shinra358 said:Drivers are overclocking the graphics cards. It all makes sense now xD

In fact, im convinced not only overclocked the card (i wish was that simple) is the whole energy managemente who gets mad...if only was a o.c issue, with evga precision or msi afterburner we can "force" a constant voltage or some kind of profile.
But its more complicated than that, or at least i think so.

ManuelG or any other nvidia visible head are M.I.A, that is a very sad thing under my point of view.

What is happening here?
My card is a marvellous piece of hardware, im not complaining or whining about that, but im very dissapointed with the post-sale service facing costumer....
Thats encourages me.

314.22 until they dont run latest games at all (i can live with some lose of performance, but...dont RUN AT ALL?...come on).

keep in markers this thread, and come to visit time to time...(so i can practice my poorly bastard english, more than other thing)

Buenas noches y....buena suerte desde España colegas...

AMD FX 6300 six core 3,8 ghz Gygabyte GTX 660 2048 mb 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 mhz 1 TB Seagate 7200 64mb
500 GB Seagate 7200 16mb x 2 disks Thermaltake V3 Black II BE QUIET BQT P6-600-W PRO

Posted 11/21/2013 03:22 AM   
WE have created a new test driver for Geforce 460/560 GPUs: Windows 7/Windows 8 64-bit GeForce Desktop GPUs http://geforceforums.s3.amazonaws.com/64-bit.zip Windows 7/Windows 8 32-bit GeForce Desktop GPUs http://geforceforums.s3.amazonaws.com/32-bit.zip If you are able to, please download and install this driver and let us know your results. Once again this driver is based on driver 331.58 but introduces a newer fix. If you tested this driver, please email me your results to driverfeedback@nvidia.com and state if this driver fixed your issue, improve/worsened your stability issue and also include any dmp file you may have while using this new driver. Thank you for your time.
WE have created a new test driver for Geforce 460/560 GPUs:

Windows 7/Windows 8 64-bit GeForce Desktop GPUs

http://geforceforums.s3.amazonaws.com/64-bit.zip

Windows 7/Windows 8 32-bit GeForce Desktop GPUs

http://geforceforums.s3.amazonaws.com/32-bit.zip

If you are able to, please download and install this driver and let us know your results. Once again this driver is based on driver 331.58 but introduces a newer fix. If you tested this driver, please email me your results to driverfeedback@nvidia.com and state if this driver fixed your issue, improve/worsened your stability issue and also include any dmp file you may have while using this new driver. Thank you for your time.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 11/21/2013 03:48 AM   
nice to see this after many months of disappointing and waiting, but what i want to ask is will this driver screw up my card 3rd times? 1st and 2nd times I'm lucky cause my card still under warranty, but not this time.
nice to see this after many months of disappointing and waiting, but what i want to ask is will this driver screw up my card 3rd times? 1st and 2nd times I'm lucky cause my card still under warranty, but not this time.

Posted 11/21/2013 04:36 AM   
OK - I have taken Manuel up on the new test driver. Will post back with results. However - it might take days and days (one update took me 5 days to crap out - then it did it 3 times in 1/2 hour).
OK - I have taken Manuel up on the new test driver. Will post back with results.

However - it might take days and days (one update took me 5 days to crap out - then it did it 3 times in 1/2 hour).

GA-890GPA-UD3H Rev 2.1 (BIOS FF)
AMD X6 1090T o/c to 4.0 GHz - W Hyper 212 EVO cooler
Win 7 HP 64-bit SP1
(2) 4GB G.Skill PC12800 @ 1333 MHz
Corsair TX850 PS & 850D Case
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD & Hitachi HDT722525DLA380 250GB SATA HDs
ASUS GTX 560 TI (factory O/C'ed), Two 22" Monitors
LITE-ON iHAS424 CD/DVD
USB keyboard & R.A.T. 9 mouse
AVerMedia Bravo Hybrid PCI-E H-788 Tuner

Posted 11/21/2013 04:32 AM   
[quote="psikofunkster"][quote="Letol"]I was having these same exact issues and had to use 314.22 for stability. If you're using Firefox, turn off hardware acceleration under advanced options. This has worked for me so far, or else the latest drivers fixed the issue for me. I'm using a GTX 560.[/quote] No, that's NOT a solution, the issue is for Internet Explorer too, again the culprit is not firefox but the nvidia drivers. LOL really? an expensive GTX 560 card (in their time) and disabling my browsing acceleration? really? What about forgetting my 560, forgetting nvidia drivers and using instead my intel cpu 3770k integrated graphics with my accelerated browser? [/quote] Try disabling hardware acceleration in IE. Laugh all you like, but I'm the one who isn't experiencing problems anymore. It's the only change I've made since I had these issues. Why should I care that it's a workaround fix if my system isn't crashing anymore? That or the newest drivers fixed the issue. Which, looking through recent posts, isn't the case for most people. Don't knock it till you try it.
psikofunkster said:
Letol said:I was having these same exact issues and had to use 314.22 for stability. If you're using Firefox, turn off hardware acceleration under advanced options. This has worked for me so far, or else the latest drivers fixed the issue for me. I'm using a GTX 560.

No, that's NOT a solution, the issue is for Internet Explorer too, again the culprit is not firefox but the nvidia drivers.

LOL really? an expensive GTX 560 card (in their time) and disabling my browsing acceleration? really?

What about forgetting my 560, forgetting nvidia drivers and using instead my intel cpu 3770k integrated graphics with my accelerated browser?

Try disabling hardware acceleration in IE. Laugh all you like, but I'm the one who isn't experiencing problems anymore. It's the only change I've made since I had these issues. Why should I care that it's a workaround fix if my system isn't crashing anymore?

That or the newest drivers fixed the issue. Which, looking through recent posts, isn't the case for most people.

Don't knock it till you try it.

Posted 11/21/2013 04:51 AM   
Why are there no laptop test drivers?
Why are there no laptop test drivers?

Model: Sager NP9380-S
GPU: GeForce GTX 780M ~4GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4930MX CPU @ 3.2GHz-3.9GHz (8 CPUs)
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, 1.280V

Posted 11/21/2013 06:36 AM   
[quote="ManuelG"]WE have created a new test driver for Geforce 460/560 GPUs: Windows 7/Windows 8 64-bit GeForce Desktop GPUs http://geforceforums.s3.amazonaws.com/64-bit.zip Windows 7/Windows 8 32-bit GeForce Desktop GPUs http://geforceforums.s3.amazonaws.com/32-bit.zip[/quote] Installing it tonight, thanks! I'll be sure to report in after a few days.
ManuelG said:WE have created a new test driver for Geforce 460/560 GPUs:

Installing it tonight, thanks! I'll be sure to report in after a few days.

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @ 3.3Ghz. Mainboard: ASUS M4A77D. RAM: 8gb Corsair Dominator @ 800Mhz. Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD. Videocards: MSI GTX 680 Lightning. PSU: ENERMAX REVOLUTION85+ 1020W (+3.3V@24A, +5V@24A, +12V1@35A, +12V2@35A, +12V3@35A, +12V4@35A, -12V@0.5A, +5VSB@3A)

Posted 11/21/2013 06:52 AM   
but at 331.82 the fix its very simple unistall geforce experience because gives very soon NvStreamSvc errors and pc freezing and after unistall no freezing anymore
but at 331.82 the fix its very simple unistall geforce experience because gives very soon NvStreamSvc errors and pc freezing and after unistall no freezing anymore

Posted 11/21/2013 07:04 AM   
[b]ManuelG[/b] Looks like this test drivers are stable , and there is no more crashes... I am using GV-N460OC-1GI from Gigabyte
ManuelG

Looks like this test drivers are stable , and there is no more crashes...

I am using GV-N460OC-1GI from Gigabyte

Posted 11/21/2013 08:44 AM   
[quote="Shinra358"]Why are there no laptop test drivers?[/quote] Nvidia releases 'reference' drivers for mobile GPUs, but can't support them since they are customized and tweaked to fit laptop design specs way more than desktop GPUs. Or something like that. I've sent in dump files and other bug reports and never got any response although I saw desktop users got the standard advice to set 'single display...' and 'prefer max perf...' in NVCP. Saw some posts from other laptop users that were directed to their laptop maker when they asked about the ongoing 400/500 issues. It's a pretty standard thing actually. Intel support won't talk to you either if you mention you bought one of their WiFi modules and installed it yourself. I wasn't paying attention and installed the last test driver even though it was also for desktops. It installed with no problems but it was one of the worst for TDRs and freezing. No idea if it was so bad because it was a desktop build or because of other factors. I posted in the driver feedback thread that the latest release seems to have fixed my issues (560m). I haven't had a single problem so far with browsing or desktop apps and I've even re-enabled hardware acceleration on Firefox v26 Beta. I was installing Geforce Experience with every new release since July or so, but this time I did NOT install it, so now I'm not sure if it was GFE causing the issues or the drivers. Another poster (besttt) also says not installing GFE cleared up the issues, so I think it's worth trying. One of the first things I did after every previous new driver install was to STOP and DISABLE the stupid always-running 'shield' streaming system service that GFE pushes on every system, so I'm not sure how it could have affected stability unless some other piece of 'shield' crapware didn't like the service being shut off. GFE is bloated advertising-heavy garbage in my opinion. I only used the update notifier, but I figured since I've made a habit of coming here regularly for most of a year now, I'd probably know about an update before it did anyway. Don't have an SLI rig so the game profiles are annoying in a lot of cases making games run at low resolution even though they work fine at native res. Not everybody wants max FPS at any cost. It might be worth installing for ShadowPlay - if it wasn't restricted to 600 series and up. Hey, if you want to accuse Nvidia of pushing upgrades, here's your chance! I suppose it could depend on some exclusive Kepler hardware feature but somehow I doubt it. It'd be nice to at least have the option to record video, even at reduced FPS or something.
Shinra358 said:Why are there no laptop test drivers?

Nvidia releases 'reference' drivers for mobile GPUs, but can't support them since they are customized and tweaked to fit laptop design specs way more than desktop GPUs. Or something like that. I've sent in dump files and other bug reports and never got any response although I saw desktop users got the standard advice to set 'single display...' and 'prefer max perf...' in NVCP. Saw some posts from other laptop users that were directed to their laptop maker when they asked about the ongoing 400/500 issues.

It's a pretty standard thing actually. Intel support won't talk to you either if you mention you bought one of their WiFi modules and installed it yourself.

I wasn't paying attention and installed the last test driver even though it was also for desktops.
It installed with no problems but it was one of the worst for TDRs and freezing. No idea if it was so bad because it was a desktop build or because of other factors.

I posted in the driver feedback thread that the latest release seems to have fixed my issues (560m). I haven't had a single problem so far with browsing or desktop apps and I've even re-enabled hardware acceleration on Firefox v26 Beta.

I was installing Geforce Experience with every new release since July or so, but this time I did NOT install it, so now I'm not sure if it was GFE causing the issues or the drivers. Another poster (besttt) also says not installing GFE cleared up the issues, so I think it's worth trying.

One of the first things I did after every previous new driver install was to STOP and DISABLE the stupid always-running 'shield' streaming system service that GFE pushes on every system, so I'm not sure how it could have affected stability unless some other piece of 'shield' crapware didn't like the service being shut off.

GFE is bloated advertising-heavy garbage in my opinion. I only used the update notifier, but I figured since I've made a habit of coming here regularly for most of a year now, I'd probably know about an update before it did anyway. Don't have an SLI rig so the game profiles are annoying in a lot of cases making games run at low resolution even though they work fine at native res. Not everybody wants max FPS at any cost.

It might be worth installing for ShadowPlay - if it wasn't restricted to 600 series and up. Hey, if you want to accuse Nvidia of pushing upgrades, here's your chance! I suppose it could depend on some exclusive Kepler hardware feature but somehow I doubt it. It'd be nice to at least have the option to record video, even at reduced FPS or something.

ASUS G74SX notebook
Win7 x64 SP1
Nvidia GTX 560m (2GB VRAM) (No OC)
i7-2670QM @ 2.20 GHz (No OC)
16 GB RAM
Intel 6230 (WLAN-BT)
RealTek ALC269 (Audio)
DVD DS8A5SH
CMO1726 LCD (67Hz custom refresh set due to LED interference flicker)

Posted 11/21/2013 08:51 AM   
[quote="ManuelG"]WE have created a new test driver for Geforce 460/560 GPUs: Windows 7/Windows 8 64-bit GeForce Desktop GPUs http://geforceforums.s3.amazonaws.com/64-bit.zip [/quote] Thank you for reporting us. Will do everything i can to help you work on this issue.

Thank you for reporting us. Will do everything i can to help you work on this issue.

Posted 11/21/2013 10:10 AM   
[quote="ManuelG"]WE have created a new test driver for Geforce 460/560 GPUs: Windows 7/Windows 8 64-bit GeForce Desktop GPUs http://geforceforums.s3.amazonaws.com/64-bit.zip If you are able to, please download and install this driver and let us know your results. Once again this driver is based on driver 331.58 but introduces a newer fix. If you tested this driver, please email me your results to driverfeedback@nvidia.com and state if this driver fixed your issue, improve/worsened your stability issue and also include any dmp file you may have while using this new driver. Thank you for your time. [/quote] Seems stable. no freezes in firefox with hardware acceleration. GTS 450 (FERMI)

If you are able to, please download and install this driver and let us know your results. Once again this driver is based on driver 331.58 but introduces a newer fix. If you tested this driver, please email me your results to driverfeedback@nvidia.com and state if this driver fixed your issue, improve/worsened your stability issue and also include any dmp file you may have while using this new driver. Thank you for your time.

Seems stable. no freezes in firefox with hardware acceleration.
GTS 450 (FERMI)

Posted 11/21/2013 10:50 AM   
Working good for now. Thanks on creating normal driver- finally!
Working good for now. Thanks on creating normal driver- finally!

ASUS M5A97 r2.0 BIOS 2006
AMD Quad-core FX 4100 3.60Ghz (stock)
Palit GTX460 (stock)
4GB RAM
SAMSUNG F3 500GB + WD Blue 500GB
CORSAIR CX400
LG Flatron 22
Windows 7 x64 SP1 (+ all updates)
Windows 8.1 Pro (+ all updates)

Posted 11/21/2013 11:03 AM   
[quote="ManuelG"]WE have created a new test driver for Geforce 460/560 GPUs: Windows 7/Windows 8 64-bit GeForce Desktop GPUs http://geforceforums.s3.amazonaws.com/64-bit.zip Windows 7/Windows 8 32-bit GeForce Desktop GPUs http://geforceforums.s3.amazonaws.com/32-bit.zip If you are able to, please download and install this driver and let us know your results. Once again this driver is based on driver 331.58 but introduces a newer fix. If you tested this driver, please email me your results to driverfeedback@nvidia.com and state if this driver fixed your issue, improve/worsened your stability issue and also include any dmp file you may have while using this new driver. Thank you for your time. [/quote] I just installed this driver fix and i noticed that: 1. it doesn't install PhysX 2. it doesn't install HD Audio So far the driver is stable, i will test it a few more days. I guess that HD Audio and/or PhysX is part of the problem since all drivers newer than 314.22 have updated versions of these? Another thing that i see changed in release notes of newer drivers after 314.22 is that [u]Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit.[/u] and 314.22 and older drivers [u]Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit.[/u]. So my guess is that problem with tdr's was caused by one of this 3 things: cuda 5.5 support, PhysX or HD Audio driver. Anyway the problem seems to be fixed, finally! Thanks

I just installed this driver fix and i noticed that:

1. it doesn't install PhysX
2. it doesn't install HD Audio

So far the driver is stable, i will test it a few more days.

I guess that HD Audio and/or PhysX is part of the problem since all drivers newer than 314.22 have updated versions of these?

Another thing that i see changed in release notes of newer drivers after 314.22 is that Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. and 314.22 and older drivers Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit..

So my guess is that problem with tdr's was caused by one of this 3 things: cuda 5.5 support, PhysX or HD Audio driver.

Anyway the problem seems to be fixed, finally! Thanks

Posted 11/21/2013 11:14 AM   
I had blue screens because of HD Audio who is in conflict with my Realtek HD Audio on board, but I did't know for that CUDA 5.5
I had blue screens because of HD Audio who is in conflict with my Realtek HD Audio on board, but I did't know for that CUDA 5.5

ASUS M5A97 r2.0 BIOS 2006
AMD Quad-core FX 4100 3.60Ghz (stock)
Palit GTX460 (stock)
4GB RAM
SAMSUNG F3 500GB + WD Blue 500GB
CORSAIR CX400
LG Flatron 22
Windows 7 x64 SP1 (+ all updates)
Windows 8.1 Pro (+ all updates)

Posted 11/21/2013 11:24 AM   
  50 / 98    
Scroll To Top