[SOLVED] Playing Xbox 360 or PS3 on the Nvidia Shield
  1 / 58    
I started this thread as a place to develop a solution to streaming console games to the Nvidia Shield. I decided to edit out my original comments because one of our community members has already figured out how to make this work. So I've added his post to the top of this thread so that people can read the solution without having to read through all of our chatter. If you need more details on how to set this up, feel free to read the other comments to get more details. My original question was how to get a 360 or a PS3 to work with the Shield. The rest of the comments will make sense if you keep this in mind. A solution has been described by McDaddy. Here's a quote from him: [i]"I have successfully implemented this for both XBOX 360 and PS3. It's been working pretty great. Here's the list of what I used. - AverMedia Game Broadcaster - GIMX - DIY USB adapter (instructions on GIMX website) to control PS3 - CronusMAX w/ wired XB360 controller to control XB360 - vJoy driver (to overcome shield controller disappearing after Shield streaming disconnects) - I wrote a custom launcher using C# .NET winform and added to the steam. The launcher initiates the AverMediaCenter 3D as well as the GIMX with the proper profile depending on which console I'm playing with. It also translates the button events from Shield to vJoy button events in order for GIMX to detect them. For some reasons, GIMX cannot detect Shield buttons by itself. I think maybe it has to do with the fact that Shield button events are virtual and not physical. I was thinking about writing a detailed instruction of how I accomplished this but never got to it. Now that I see some of you guys are looking into this, I thought to share what I've done. Feel free to ask me any questions you have. Before you do though, please look at my list above and try to understand what these things do before asking me questions that can be answered by doing some basic research."[/i] [img]http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5579/kh30.jpg[/img] UPDATE: The developer of CronusMax has joined our community and is working on development for a specific Shield Plugin for this project. Here is a quote from them as well as a coupon code to get the CronusMax: [i]Hi :) Just a quick note to say that is not the CronusMAX you have linked to but the now defunct CronusX - there is no support and it is not being updated and does not work with Gtuner or any of the CronusMAX apps (CronusMAX is actually a different company with a whole new dev team - we bought all their old stock and engineered a new firmware and app set) Sellers of CronusMax are listed on the www.cronusmax.com website. We have USA, UK, Italy and Germany at the moment and are adding a whole slew on new retailers next week. We are doing a custom plugin for the Nvidia Shield project right now so stay tuned Also have PS4 controller working wireless on Xbox 360 and on PC (with full steam compatibility and all buttons / touchpad working). Will keep you guys updated - Thanks ! There is a $10 off coupon with a USA retailer http://www.xconsoles.com/products/cronus_max.html COUPON CODE: CRONUSMAX10 Hope that helps :)[/i] UPDATE: Shadouian added a nice bit of more specific instructions for setting everything up and getting it all working. Here are his instructions: Specifically, the following steps need to be performed from his guide: • Download and extract the McShieldLauncher and add it to Steam as a Non-Steam game. • Verify that .NET framework 4.X is installed. • Download, install and set up the vJoy device driver. Please see the link below for the details on these steps. [url]https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/622876/general-discussion/-guide-how-to-use-shield-with-non-xinput-enabled-games-and-applications-xpadder-etc-/[/url] In addition to these steps, the following GIMX components also need to be installed and configured: the CP2013 drivers and GIMX setup file for Windows. [url]http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Installation[/url] To simplify the process of creating a controller profile for GIMX, I suggest downloading the one McDaddy has been kind enough to supply. The GIMX Config app can be used to tweak this profile if desired. [url]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzAZyLXuDQncQ1o2R1R5MGFYNnc/edit?pli=1[/url] If not already installed, download and install the AVer MediaCenter 3D capture/recording app. [url]http://avermedia.com/AVerMediaTVSoftware/TryItNow1.html[/url] Once all of this has been installed, the process for console streaming to the Shield goes something like this: 1. Begin Streaming with the Shield and launch the McShieldLauncher. [img]http://imageshack.com/a/img801/585/4hs0.png[/img] 2. Once the McShieldLauncher opens, press the Launch button and open the GIMX Serial app. If using a Cronus type usb adapter, choose GPP/Cronus from the Adapter dropdown box (otherwise choose the DIY USB adapter if you've fabricated your own) and choose your GIMX controller profile under the Config dropdown box. Press the Check button to validate that the config is OK, and then press the Start button to begin GIMX functionality. [img]http://imageshack.com/a/img51/7355/whf0.png[/img] 3. Press the Launch button again and open the AVer MediaCenter 3D app. [img]http://imageshack.com/a/img534/1046/zcjy.png[/img] 4. Choose the Capture option and set the capture method to Live. Double click on the live captured console footage to make said footage fullscreen. [img]http://imageshack.com/a/img837/2012/1nso.png[/img] UPDATE: 03/03/2014 This is now confirmed as working on Laptops using that latest version of Splashtop THD. A more detailed tutorial will be forthcoming. Here is what you need to make it work: - Xbox 360/PS3 console - Xbox 360 or PS3 controller (needs to be wired to the CronusMax) - Mini USB Cable for connection to the computer from the CronusMax - Avermedia ExtremeCap U3 Capture Card - USB 3.0 Port on your Laptop - GIMX to relay controls from Laptop to console
I started this thread as a place to develop a solution to streaming console games to the Nvidia Shield. I decided to edit out my original comments because one of our community members has already figured out how to make this work. So I've added his post to the top of this thread so that people can read the solution without having to read through all of our chatter. If you need more details on how to set this up, feel free to read the other comments to get more details. My original question was how to get a 360 or a PS3 to work with the Shield. The rest of the comments will make sense if you keep this in mind.

A solution has been described by McDaddy. Here's a quote from him:

"I have successfully implemented this for both XBOX 360 and PS3. It's been working pretty great. Here's the list of what I used.

- AverMedia Game Broadcaster
- GIMX
- DIY USB adapter (instructions on GIMX website) to control PS3
- CronusMAX w/ wired XB360 controller to control XB360
- vJoy driver (to overcome shield controller disappearing after Shield streaming disconnects)
- I wrote a custom launcher using C# .NET winform and added to the steam. The launcher initiates the AverMediaCenter 3D as well as the GIMX with the proper profile depending on which console I'm playing with. It also translates the button events from Shield to vJoy button events in order for GIMX to detect them. For some reasons, GIMX cannot detect Shield buttons by itself. I think maybe it has to do with the fact that Shield button events are virtual and not physical.

I was thinking about writing a detailed instruction of how I accomplished this but never got to it. Now that I see some of you guys are looking into this, I thought to share what I've done. Feel free to ask me any questions you have. Before you do though, please look at my list above and try to understand what these things do before asking me questions that can be answered by doing some basic research."

UPDATE:

The developer of CronusMax has joined our community and is working on development for a specific Shield Plugin for this project. Here is a quote from them as well as a coupon code to get the CronusMax:

Hi :)

Just a quick note to say that is not the CronusMAX you have linked to but the now defunct CronusX - there is no support and it is not being updated and does not work with Gtuner or any of the CronusMAX apps (CronusMAX is actually a different company with a whole new dev team - we bought all their old stock and engineered a new firmware and app set)

Sellers of CronusMax are listed on the www.cronusmax.com website. We have USA, UK, Italy and Germany at the moment and are adding a whole slew on new retailers next week.

We are doing a custom plugin for the Nvidia Shield project right now so stay tuned

Also have PS4 controller working wireless on Xbox 360 and on PC (with full steam compatibility and all buttons / touchpad working).

Will keep you guys updated - Thanks !

There is a $10 off coupon with a USA retailer

http://www.xconsoles.com/products/cronus_max.html

COUPON CODE: CRONUSMAX10

Hope that helps :)

UPDATE:

Shadouian added a nice bit of more specific instructions for setting everything up and getting it all working. Here are his instructions:

Specifically, the following steps need to be performed from his guide:

• Download and extract the McShieldLauncher and add it to Steam as a Non-Steam game.
• Verify that .NET framework 4.X is installed.
• Download, install and set up the vJoy device driver.

Please see the link below for the details on these steps.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/622876/general-discussion/-guide-how-to-use-shield-with-non-xinput-enabled-games-and-applications-xpadder-etc-/

In addition to these steps, the following GIMX components also need to be installed and configured: the CP2013 drivers and GIMX setup file for Windows.

http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Installation

To simplify the process of creating a controller profile for GIMX, I suggest downloading the one McDaddy has been kind enough to supply. The GIMX Config app can be used to tweak this profile if desired.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzAZyLXuDQncQ1o2R1R5MGFYNnc/edit?pli=1

If not already installed, download and install the AVer MediaCenter 3D capture/recording app.

http://avermedia.com/AVerMediaTVSoftware/TryItNow1.html

Once all of this has been installed, the process for console streaming to the Shield goes something like this:

1. Begin Streaming with the Shield and launch the McShieldLauncher.

2. Once the McShieldLauncher opens, press the Launch button and open the GIMX Serial app. If using a Cronus type usb adapter, choose GPP/Cronus from the Adapter dropdown box (otherwise choose the DIY USB adapter if you've fabricated your own) and choose your GIMX controller profile under the Config dropdown box. Press the Check button to validate that the config is OK, and then press the Start button to begin GIMX functionality.

3. Press the Launch button again and open the AVer MediaCenter 3D app.

4. Choose the Capture option and set the capture method to Live. Double click on the live captured console footage to make said footage fullscreen.

UPDATE: 03/03/2014

This is now confirmed as working on Laptops using that latest version of Splashtop THD. A more detailed tutorial will be forthcoming. Here is what you need to make it work:

- Xbox 360/PS3 console
- Xbox 360 or PS3 controller (needs to be wired to the CronusMax)
- Mini USB Cable for connection to the computer from the CronusMax
- Avermedia ExtremeCap U3 Capture Card
- USB 3.0 Port on your Laptop
- GIMX to relay controls from Laptop to console

Comcast Cable 120/25 Mbps | Windows 8.1 Pro
Logitech G19 Keyboard | Steel Series WOW Mouse
Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Corsair Carbide 500R Case

Posted 10/15/2013 01:01 AM   
I think this is feasible. I think Microsoft should try to strike some kind of deal with Nvidia and work out a way to stream XONE games to it since PS4 will have streaming support to the Vita. Microsoft could equal out the competition by pairing up with an already existing device like Shield and not have to R&D their own handheld device. Microsoft isn't smart enough to try to do this, though. A relationship between the two could be lucrative for both parties. And there is the whole XONE is AMD based issue. I have no interest in console gaming personally but, for those who do, this would be killer.
I think this is feasible. I think Microsoft should try to strike some kind of deal with Nvidia and work out a way to stream XONE games to it since PS4 will have streaming support to the Vita. Microsoft could equal out the competition by pairing up with an already existing device like Shield and not have to R&D their own handheld device. Microsoft isn't smart enough to try to do this, though. A relationship between the two could be lucrative for both parties. And there is the whole XONE is AMD based issue. I have no interest in console gaming personally but, for those who do, this would be killer.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/ AMD-FX-8350 @ 4.9 GHz/ Corsair H80i/ 8GB DD3-1600 G.Skill Ripjaws/ Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti/ 240 GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD HDD/ 2x WD Black 1TB RAID1/ Fractal 800 W PSU

Posted 10/15/2013 04:39 AM   
As you mentioned about the capture card, this was documented as working already in the spreadsheet: [url]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al_tgDiSllFFdGhJQ3p3d1JDTU0wS3IyNjVxdDB6MVE&usp=sharing#gid=0[/url] [url]http://wiiare.in/11431-nvidia-shield-steam-games-compatibility-list/#xbox360[/url] No solution for the controls yet.
As you mentioned about the capture card, this was documented as working already in the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al_tgDiSllFFdGhJQ3p3d1JDTU0wS3IyNjVxdDB6MVE&usp=sharing#gid=0
http://wiiare.in/11431-nvidia-shield-steam-games-compatibility-list/#xbox360

No solution for the controls yet.

Intel i5-6600K | GIGABYTE GA-Z170-HD3P | Noctua NH-D14 | 2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V 2400 | MSI Geforce GTX 670 | AZZA Hurrican 2000R | PC Power & Cooling 750W | 2x120GB Intel X25-M RAID0 | 2x600GB WD VelociRaptor 10K RAID0 | 2TB Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 5900 | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Onkyo TX-SR805 | LG 60PN5000

Posted 10/15/2013 11:22 AM   
So now we just need to track someone down with programming experience that can give the controls a try. I wish I could do it, but I'm not a programmer. Hopefully it wouldn't be very hard for the right person though.
So now we just need to track someone down with programming experience that can give the controls a try. I wish I could do it, but I'm not a programmer. Hopefully it wouldn't be very hard for the right person though.

Posted 10/15/2013 02:17 PM   
Actually been working on this myself.
Actually been working on this myself.

Posted 10/15/2013 02:35 PM   
The issue with this is that we're fighting the way USB works. USB has 2 main classes of "members" of the bus. A) "Devices" which are incapable of anything without a host driving the interaction. These are things like your mouse, keyboard, and even smartphone plugged in via USB. There can be up to 127 devices connected to a single host. B) "Hosts" which are devices such as computers that enumerate devices and initiate communication with devices. There can only be one such host per set of connected devices. It's not possible without crazy non-portable trickery to get a USB host controller to behave as a device. Even then, it's probably not possible with the USB controllers in wide use today. And if it could be done, it would render the remaining ports on that controller useless. TL;DR: The software isn't the problem; it's getting hardware that will allow this to work which is the issue.
The issue with this is that we're fighting the way USB works.

USB has 2 main classes of "members" of the bus.

A) "Devices" which are incapable of anything without a host driving the interaction. These are things like your mouse, keyboard, and even smartphone plugged in via USB. There can be up to 127 devices connected to a single host.

B) "Hosts" which are devices such as computers that enumerate devices and initiate communication with devices. There can only be one such host per set of connected devices.

It's not possible without crazy non-portable trickery to get a USB host controller to behave as a device. Even then, it's probably not possible with the USB controllers in wide use today. And if it could be done, it would render the remaining ports on that controller useless.

TL;DR: The software isn't the problem; it's getting hardware that will allow this to work which is the issue.

Posted 10/15/2013 04:37 PM   
So maybe the trick is to plug a 360 controller into the computer and then to use a program to act as a USB bridge to the 360. I might be way off, but maybe that would be possible. Then there's still the trick of getting the Shield to push buttons on the controller. So maybe creating an emulated controller via software is still the best option.
So maybe the trick is to plug a 360 controller into the computer and then to use a program to act as a USB bridge to the 360. I might be way off, but maybe that would be possible. Then there's still the trick of getting the Shield to push buttons on the controller. So maybe creating an emulated controller via software is still the best option.

Posted 10/15/2013 10:32 PM   
I have successfully implemented this for both XBOX 360 and PS3. It's been working pretty great. Here's the list of what I used. - AverMedia Game Broadcaster - GIMX - DIY USB adapter (instructions on GIMX website) to control PS3 - CronusMAX w/ wired XB360 controller to control XB360 - vJoy driver (to overcome shield controller disappearing after Shield streaming disconnects) - I wrote a custom launcher using C# .NET winform and added to the steam. The launcher initiates the AverMediaCenter 3D as well as the GIMX with the proper profile depending on which console I'm playing with. It also translates the button events from Shield to vJoy button events in order for GIMX to detect them. For some reasons, GIMX cannot detect Shield buttons by itself. I think maybe it has to do with the fact that Shield button events are virtual and not physical. I was thinking about writing a detailed instruction of how I accomplished this but never got to it. Now that I see some of you guys are looking into this, I thought to share what I've done. Feel free to ask me any questions you have. Before you do though, please look at my list above and try to understand what these things do before asking me questions that can be answered by doing some basic research.
I have successfully implemented this for both XBOX 360 and PS3. It's been working pretty great. Here's the list of what I used.

- AverMedia Game Broadcaster
- GIMX
- DIY USB adapter (instructions on GIMX website) to control PS3
- CronusMAX w/ wired XB360 controller to control XB360
- vJoy driver (to overcome shield controller disappearing after Shield streaming disconnects)
- I wrote a custom launcher using C# .NET winform and added to the steam. The launcher initiates the AverMediaCenter 3D as well as the GIMX with the proper profile depending on which console I'm playing with. It also translates the button events from Shield to vJoy button events in order for GIMX to detect them. For some reasons, GIMX cannot detect Shield buttons by itself. I think maybe it has to do with the fact that Shield button events are virtual and not physical.

I was thinking about writing a detailed instruction of how I accomplished this but never got to it. Now that I see some of you guys are looking into this, I thought to share what I've done. Feel free to ask me any questions you have. Before you do though, please look at my list above and try to understand what these things do before asking me questions that can be answered by doing some basic research.

Posted 10/16/2013 03:32 AM   
Great thread, definitely would be a lot of interest in this and a "Dummies Guide" McDaddy, more information would be great, I think I understand most of your setup (from a bit of reading of the links), maybe a diagram showing your setup (cables going to what device) would fill in the blanks. I don't understand the connection from PC -> CronusMax -> Wired 360 controller currently. Edit: So is this simply USB OUT PC to Cronus with standard USB M-M cable? Also does it work remotely (i.e. can you switch it all from the shield) ? I have wemo controlling my consoles so ideally I would like to be able to power everything up remotely, switch the pc out of standby and start it all going. Also the Xbox has Xkey running so this would be a very good setup. Edit: Also if your feeling generous you may want to Github the launcher to allow the community to download and add functionality specifically for shield!
Great thread, definitely would be a lot of interest in this and a "Dummies Guide"

McDaddy, more information would be great, I think I understand most of your setup (from a bit of reading of the links), maybe a diagram showing your setup (cables going to what device) would fill in the blanks.

I don't understand the connection from PC -> CronusMax -> Wired 360 controller currently.

Edit: So is this simply USB OUT PC to Cronus with standard USB M-M cable?

Also does it work remotely (i.e. can you switch it all from the shield) ? I have wemo controlling my consoles so ideally I would like to be able to power everything up remotely, switch the pc out of standby and start it all going. Also the Xbox has Xkey running so this would be a very good setup.

Edit: Also if your feeling generous you may want to Github the launcher to allow the community to download and add functionality specifically for shield!

Posted 10/16/2013 06:27 AM   
Wow McDaddy! That's exactly what we've been talking about. I would definitely encourage you to write a formal tutorial for the community and include your launcher files so that we can all potentially try it. That's really great news!
Wow McDaddy!

That's exactly what we've been talking about. I would definitely encourage you to write a formal tutorial for the community and include your launcher files so that we can all potentially try it. That's really great news!

Posted 10/16/2013 01:54 PM   
Alright, I'm not sure what the cost of the DIY USB Adapter is for the PS3, but I thought I'd share the cost of getting a 360 working with the Shield (assuming that you already have the 360). 1. Avermedia Game Broadcaster - $119 [url]http://www.amazon.com/AVERMEDIA-Broadcaster-capture-1080p60-Component/dp/B006T8QCYA[/url] 2. CronusMax - $50 [url]http://www.amazon.com/Cross-over-Xbox-360-Playstation-3-Windows/dp/B008US4PBY/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1381933250&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Cronus+MAX[/url] 3. Wired 360 Controller - $34 [url]http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Wired-Controller/dp/B003ZSN600/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1381933446&sr=1-1&keywords=wired+controller[/url] So for the Xbox 360 project, the grand total would come to [b]$203[/b].
Alright, I'm not sure what the cost of the DIY USB Adapter is for the PS3, but I thought I'd share the cost of getting a 360 working with the Shield (assuming that you already have the 360).

1. Avermedia Game Broadcaster - $119
http://www.amazon.com/AVERMEDIA-Broadcaster-capture-1080p60-Component/dp/B006T8QCYA

2. CronusMax - $50
http://www.amazon.com/Cross-over-Xbox-360-Playstation-3-Windows/dp/B008US4PBY/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1381933250&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Cronus+MAX

3. Wired 360 Controller - $34
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Wired-Controller/dp/B003ZSN600/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1381933446&sr=1-1&keywords=wired+controller

So for the Xbox 360 project, the grand total would come to $203.

Posted 10/16/2013 02:30 PM   
Thanks Kenine. Sure, I will put something formal together and possibly put the source codes up on Github or somewhere publicly accessible. My only concern with that is not that I don't want to share but the fact that the codes aren't properly commented and "optimized" as I was focused more on getting it all to work. If I have a bit more time, I would like to make it bare minimum to get things to work so that anyone else can take it and modifiy to fit their own needs. To waaylander question on CronusMAX and why I need to use the wired XB360 controller is the requirement to be able to authenticate the controller with XBOX (Requirement from CronusMAX). And yes it is a straight USB to PC connection via GIMX as the software controller emulator. As to the complete control remotely, the key thing missing from the set up is the power buttons (PS and X buttons). There are ways to solve this problem (XBOX via IR media remote using iTach and PS3 via ps3toothfairy). I have not yet done this myself as it's easy enough to just turn on the device with their own remotes first. But once the consoles are on, PC/Shield wise, everything is fully remote. I'll find sometime during a break at work today to draw a quick connection diagram so for those of you who cannot wait for a formal tutorial can get started. The key thing that I would recommend you start looking at first is GIMX and the hardware required to get this going.
Thanks Kenine. Sure, I will put something formal together and possibly put the source codes up on Github or somewhere publicly accessible. My only concern with that is not that I don't want to share but the fact that the codes aren't properly commented and "optimized" as I was focused more on getting it all to work. If I have a bit more time, I would like to make it bare minimum to get things to work so that anyone else can take it and modifiy to fit their own needs.

To waaylander question on CronusMAX and why I need to use the wired XB360 controller is the requirement to be able to authenticate the controller with XBOX (Requirement from CronusMAX). And yes it is a straight USB to PC connection via GIMX as the software controller emulator.

As to the complete control remotely, the key thing missing from the set up is the power buttons (PS and X buttons). There are ways to solve this problem (XBOX via IR media remote using iTach and PS3 via ps3toothfairy). I have not yet done this myself as it's easy enough to just turn on the device with their own remotes first. But once the consoles are on, PC/Shield wise, everything is fully remote.

I'll find sometime during a break at work today to draw a quick connection diagram so for those of you who cannot wait for a formal tutorial can get started. The key thing that I would recommend you start looking at first is GIMX and the hardware required to get this going.

Posted 10/16/2013 02:31 PM   
Thanks again for the follow-up, just to clarify, are you saying that you just can't turn on the console rmeotely, or are you saying that the home buttons on each console cannot be mapped properly? I ask because the home button on the 360 is a key part of navigating the dashboard and exiting games. Does this function work with your setup?
Thanks again for the follow-up, just to clarify, are you saying that you just can't turn on the console rmeotely, or are you saying that the home buttons on each console cannot be mapped properly? I ask because the home button on the 360 is a key part of navigating the dashboard and exiting games. Does this function work with your setup?

Posted 10/16/2013 03:25 PM   
Ive ordered most of the parts, I will have a play once they arrive to see it in action. McDaddy, you mention your C# app is translating the shield buttons to vJoy for GIMX to process them, have you looked at using the cronusmax API to directly map the buttons (Would be great if you could post a sample C# explaining how to read the shield keys also as I may have a tinker with the code) Looking at http://cronusmax.com/instructions/cronusmax-api/ it seems possible in theory to send the keys direct to cronos and skip GIMX. Also, in theory to start up the consoles sending the start identifier 2 PS3_START XB360_START WII_PLUS WII_PLUS Just thinking out loud really.
Ive ordered most of the parts, I will have a play once they arrive to see it in action.

McDaddy, you mention your C# app is translating the shield buttons to vJoy for GIMX to process them, have you looked at using the cronusmax API to directly map the buttons (Would be great if you could post a sample C# explaining how to read the shield keys also as I may have a tinker with the code)

Looking at http://cronusmax.com/instructions/cronusmax-api/ it seems possible in theory to send the keys direct to cronos and skip GIMX.

Also, in theory to start up the consoles sending the start identifier

2 PS3_START XB360_START WII_PLUS WII_PLUS

Just thinking out loud really.

Posted 10/16/2013 04:50 PM   
To Kenine question regarding whether the PS and X buttons can be pressed while the consoles are on; the answer is yes they are fully functional. I made holding the back button and start button on the Shield for over a second activate either the PS or X depending on which consoles you are on. The issue was not being able to press these buttons to turn the consoles on. To waaylander on CronusMAX API, I started with the DIY USB adapter since it is cheaper and it worked for PS3 pretty well. On XBOX 360, GIMX only has partial support on windows. Using vJoy and the launcher I built I essentially just used GIMX to emulate SIXAXIS and use that with CronusMAX to control XBOX 360. Wow, that sounds so confusing without the diagram. Hopefully this will clear up with the diagram (soon to come, sorry busy day at work today). In any case, my point on this was that I started with PS3 and once that is working well, making it work for XBOX 360 via the same method I used for PS3 was just a matter of creating a new profile for XB360 on GIMX. Hope this makes sense. I'll look into the API link you sent, if I can get that to turn on the XB360 that would be good. My feeling on it now is that, it's only possible once the console is already on and not to turn it on with the API.
To Kenine question regarding whether the PS and X buttons can be pressed while the consoles are on; the answer is yes they are fully functional. I made holding the back button and start button on the Shield for over a second activate either the PS or X depending on which consoles you are on. The issue was not being able to press these buttons to turn the consoles on.

To waaylander on CronusMAX API, I started with the DIY USB adapter since it is cheaper and it worked for PS3 pretty well. On XBOX 360, GIMX only has partial support on windows. Using vJoy and the launcher I built I essentially just used GIMX to emulate SIXAXIS and use that with CronusMAX to control XBOX 360. Wow, that sounds so confusing without the diagram. Hopefully this will clear up with the diagram (soon to come, sorry busy day at work today). In any case, my point on this was that I started with PS3 and once that is working well, making it work for XBOX 360 via the same method I used for PS3 was just a matter of creating a new profile for XB360 on GIMX.

Hope this makes sense. I'll look into the API link you sent, if I can get that to turn on the XB360 that would be good. My feeling on it now is that, it's only possible once the console is already on and not to turn it on with the API.

Posted 10/16/2013 06:53 PM   
  1 / 58    
Scroll To Top