Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3
  1 / 2    
Windows update just installed nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 and now I get You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU. Something went wrong with the 327.23 drivers that got installed via Windows update and now I'm stuck. If I install older drivers my video card works again until windows update overwrites them with the above update again and again.
Windows update just installed

nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3

and now I get

You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU.

Something went wrong with the 327.23 drivers that got installed via Windows update and now I'm stuck. If I install older drivers my video card works again until windows update overwrites them with the above update again and again.

Posted 10/07/2013 12:44 PM   
According to another thread... windows nvidia updates cause the problems but when I complained to MS community about sneaking drivers through the back door onto my system via windows updates, they said they are downloaded but not auto installed. All I know was it took me a wasted day of uninstalling and clean installing and splinter cell blacklist never worked again. (no great deal I'd played it twice and it has no more replay-ability) Anyway all driver AND windows updates are blocked. my system works with 306.23 and the incredibly tiny difference between driver releases makes it almost pointless to change to the next beta every 2 weeks. find a driver that works and don't change, you'll have a working system and that's all that matters. Find wagnards ddu pinned near the top of this forum and follow instructions and go back to a working driver. Or find the thread that says it's solved 320 drivers and upwards and follow those instructions.
According to another thread... windows nvidia updates cause the problems but when I complained to MS community about sneaking drivers through the back door onto my system via windows updates, they said they are downloaded but not auto installed. All I know was it took me a wasted day of uninstalling and clean installing and splinter cell blacklist never worked again. (no great deal I'd played it twice and it has no more replay-ability) Anyway all driver AND windows updates are blocked. my system works with 306.23 and the incredibly tiny difference between driver releases makes it almost pointless to change to the next beta every 2 weeks. find a driver that works and don't change, you'll have a working system and that's all that matters. Find wagnards ddu pinned near the top of this forum and follow instructions and go back to a working driver. Or find the thread that says it's solved 320 drivers and upwards and follow those instructions.

Stuck at 314.22 since 320 affected me. GTX670 2GB, Intel i5 3570k, ASUS P8Z77-V LX, 8GB kingston DDR3 KHX1600, BENQ GL2450T, Windows 7 64 bit

Clean installation of a driver https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/621711/possible-help-with-driver-problems/

What 320.xx did to me http://youtu.be/DTZ08I4vepk
Thought it was uplay, gave them grief for weeks until I found this forum. funny

Posted 10/07/2013 02:21 PM   
[URL=http://imgur.com/6Jbbvle][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6Jbbvle.jpg[/IMG][/URL] After using the driver uninstaller it seemed to update again and this time it worked. No clue what changed. But now it shows the WDDM v1.1 as already installed AND it's available as an optional update. Oh boy.

After using the driver uninstaller it seemed to update again and this time it worked. No clue what changed. But now it shows the WDDM v1.1 as already installed AND it's available as an optional update. Oh boy.

Posted 10/08/2013 12:21 PM   
Nvm. I didn't read correctly at first...
Nvm. I didn't read correctly at first...

My Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) : Here

Proud member of Nvidia Beta Program.

-Motherboard: Z77 Extreme3
-CPU: I7-3770K (All stock clock)
-PSU: Corsair 1000watt
-RAM: 16GB corsair (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9)
-GPU : 2x MSI nVidia GTX 970 (Stock clock)(bios : 84.04.36.00.59)
-Monitor : Asus VH242H (a 60Hz Monitor)
-HDD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB + 2TB HDD Western Digital
-Antivirus : Norton Antivirus 2014
-NVCP: All default Except changed adaptive to Prefer max performance.

Posted 10/08/2013 02:13 PM   
I have two screens for video editing work with Vegas. When I installed the update to 327.23 the second screen (monitor) disappeared. When I tried to return to the previous driver, it was not possible to activate the monitor. W7, I7, 1 Tera HD, 8 RAM, GT430. Is there any solution?
I have two screens for video editing work with Vegas. When I installed the update to 327.23 the second screen (monitor) disappeared. When I tried to return to the previous driver, it was not possible to activate the monitor. W7, I7, 1 Tera HD, 8 RAM, GT430. Is there any solution?

Posted 10/10/2013 01:20 PM   
when you returned to the previous driver did you use wagnards ddu ? it removes any problems left behind from different drivers.
when you returned to the previous driver did you use wagnards ddu ? it removes any problems left behind from different drivers.

Stuck at 314.22 since 320 affected me. GTX670 2GB, Intel i5 3570k, ASUS P8Z77-V LX, 8GB kingston DDR3 KHX1600, BENQ GL2450T, Windows 7 64 bit

Clean installation of a driver https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/621711/possible-help-with-driver-problems/

What 320.xx did to me http://youtu.be/DTZ08I4vepk
Thought it was uplay, gave them grief for weeks until I found this forum. funny

Posted 10/10/2013 02:27 PM   
Greetings: Actually I realized when I formatted my PC the second monitor was activated again. When I installed the optional update from Windows update: Graphics Adapter Adapter WDDM1.2 WDDM1.1 Graphics, Graphics Adapter 1.3 Other hardware - NVIDIA, then disappeared the second monitor. Do I need to follow the steps outlined in the following link: Clean installation of a driver https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/621711/possible-help-with-driver-problems/
Greetings: Actually I realized when I formatted my PC the second monitor was activated again. When I installed the optional update from Windows update: Graphics Adapter Adapter WDDM1.2 WDDM1.1 Graphics, Graphics Adapter 1.3 Other hardware - NVIDIA, then disappeared the second monitor. Do I need to follow the steps outlined in the following link: Clean installation of a driver https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/621711/possible-help-with-driver-problems/

Posted 02/26/2014 05:44 AM   
Looking for advice/info regarding this optional Windows update I came across this thread. What does it do? I see some complaints about this update. What are the benefits of it?
Looking for advice/info regarding this optional Windows update I came across this thread.
What does it do? I see some complaints about this update. What are the benefits of it?

Posted 04/17/2014 06:47 PM   
I have got the update trying to install from Windows Update titled "Graphics Adapter WSSM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600" published on 2-25-2014 and Windows Update will NOT install it. I've searched the Microsoft KB articles about it and can't seem to find any help so I did a search & found this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys & gals! bl@ke
I have got the update trying to install from Windows Update titled "Graphics Adapter WSSM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600" published on 2-25-2014 and Windows Update will NOT install it. I've searched the Microsoft KB articles about it and can't seem to find any help so I did a search & found this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys & gals!

bl@ke

Posted 04/17/2014 07:24 PM   
I wanted to add that now I can no longer open my NVidia Control Panel. Something has gone wrong & I need a bit of help fixing this as well. Thanks in advance! bl@ke
I wanted to add that now I can no longer open my NVidia Control Panel. Something has gone wrong & I need a bit of help fixing this as well. Thanks in advance!

bl@ke

Posted 04/17/2014 07:25 PM   
I think I also tried to report a similiar "issue" [url=https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/705318/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-335-23-whql-driver-feedback-thread-3-10-14-/post/4150802/#4150802]here[/url] [quote="ATIorNVIDIA"][..] After I have finished the driver installation (manual mode --> ONLY display driver) I recognized that Windows automatically installed an old verision of NVIDIA display driver (from 2009??) prior I was able to install new NVIDIA driver version? Additionally after repeating the clean unistallation with DDU tool and additional adapting some group policies (Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Installation) in order to prevent automatic installation of old display driver I was able to do a clean driver installation and reboot. After those clean driver installation I still get an "optional update" from microsoft update with following information: "... nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 Downloadgröße: 228,9 MB Updatetyp: Optional nVidia Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware software update released in August, 2013 ..." Is the new driver not installed /recognized correctly by Windows 7 x64 ???[/quote] I will send ManuelG a PM. Maybe he can provide some helpful information. .
I think I also tried to report a similiar "issue" here

ATIorNVIDIA said:[..]

After I have finished the driver installation (manual mode --> ONLY display driver) I recognized that Windows automatically installed an old verision of NVIDIA display driver (from 2009??) prior I was able to install new NVIDIA driver version?

Additionally after repeating the clean unistallation with DDU tool and additional adapting some group policies (Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Installation) in order to prevent automatic installation of old display driver I was able to do a clean driver installation and reboot. After those clean driver installation I still get an "optional update" from microsoft update with following information:

"...
nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

Downloadgröße: 228,9 MB

Updatetyp: Optional

nVidia Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware software update released in August, 2013
..."

Is the new driver not installed /recognized correctly by Windows 7 x64 ???

I will send ManuelG a PM. Maybe he can provide some helpful information.

Gigabyte Z77-D3H V1.0 (BIOS F23 modded) | Intel CPU i5-3570K (integrated HD4000 graphics) | 8GB Kingston RAM | Samsung SSD 830 120GB
Colorful Geforce GTX285 (View GPU-Z Screenshot) | BeQuiet Dark Power Pro with 750W | Samsung SyncMaster 2443 Monitor | Win7 SP1 x64
-------------------------------------------
Experiencing Windows crashes/BSOD/Bluescreens which might be related to nVIDIA drivers?
Use 'WhoCrashed' by Resplendence or 'BlueScreenView' by NirSoft to get more details!
Instant Online Crash Dump Analysis --> 'Instant Online Crash Analysis' by OSR Online
TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery) and Collecting Dump Files --> Info here
Misc stuff:
GIGABYTE Motherboards - latest BETA-BIOS by http://forums.tweaktown.com
A simple, lightweight and free GPU monitoring utility - GPU Shark

Maybe helpful NVIDIA related links:
driver v340.xx !!! EOL Windows driver support for legacy products !!! driver v340.xx
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) by forum member 'Wagnard'
Install just NVIDIA Graphics Driver ---> Custom install options > Custom (Advanced)
NVIDIA GPU maximum operating temperature and overheating
How to enable NVIDIA Graphics Driver and GeForce Experience installer logging
Download Beta and Older NVIDIA Drivers

How to provide valuable feedback to NVIDIA

If you want someone from the NVIDIA TECHNICAL SUPPORT team to work with you on an issue/bug.
NVIDIA software (automated) bug reporting tool
NVIDIA Display Driver Feedback Form or email to driverfeedback@nvidia.com

Posted 04/17/2014 08:58 PM   
[quote="thablakester"]I have got the update trying to install from Windows Update titled "Graphics Adapter WSSM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600" published on 2-25-2014 and Windows Update will NOT install it.[/quote] The one I see is an optional update (haven't installed it): [quote="Windows Update"] nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Download size: 241.6 MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect. Update type: Optional nVidia Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 software update released in November, 2013 More information: http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx Help and Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub [/quote] The size suggests that it's one of nVidia's drivers. But it doesn't say what version. It also says it was published 24-Mar-14, contradicting that Nov. 2013 release date (WTF?). In addition, there's no specific KB article I could find - it just points to a generic driver page. [IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/r0a8th.png[/IMG]
thablakester said:I have got the update trying to install from Windows Update titled "Graphics Adapter WSSM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600" published on 2-25-2014 and Windows Update will NOT install it.

The one I see is an optional update (haven't installed it):
Windows Update said:
nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Download size: 241.6 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

nVidia Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 software update released in November, 2013

More information:
http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

The size suggests that it's one of nVidia's drivers. But it doesn't say what version.
It also says it was published 24-Mar-14, contradicting that Nov. 2013 release date (WTF?).
In addition, there's no specific KB article I could find - it just points to a generic driver page.

Posted 04/17/2014 10:54 PM   
Please keep us updated. I don't know why NVidia Control Panel would just stop working all together. I noticed out of nowhere that I have an icon in the toolbar that's a blue square with the Intel logo & it will let me open up the "Intel(R) HD Graphics Control Panel" but nothing related to NVidia anymore....dammit all hah bl@ke
Please keep us updated. I don't know why NVidia Control Panel would just stop working all together. I noticed out of nowhere that I have an icon in the toolbar that's a blue square with the Intel logo & it will let me open up the "Intel(R) HD Graphics Control Panel" but nothing related to NVidia anymore....dammit all hah

bl@ke

Posted 04/17/2014 11:50 PM   
[quote="ATIorNVIDIA"]I think I also tried to report a similiar "issue" [url=https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/705318/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-335-23-whql-driver-feedback-thread-3-10-14-/post/4150802/#4150802]here[/url] [quote="ATIorNVIDIA"][..] After I have finished the driver installation (manual mode --> ONLY display driver) I recognized that Windows automatically installed an old verision of NVIDIA display driver (from 2009??) prior I was able to install new NVIDIA driver version? Additionally after repeating the clean unistallation with DDU tool and additional adapting some group policies (Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Installation) in order to prevent automatic installation of old display driver I was able to do a clean driver installation and reboot. After those clean driver installation I still get an "optional update" from microsoft update with following information: "... nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 Downloadgröße: 228,9 MB Updatetyp: Optional nVidia Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware software update released in August, 2013 ..." Is the new driver not installed /recognized correctly by Windows 7 x64 ???[/quote] I will send ManuelG a PM. Maybe he can provide some helpful information. .[/quote] No response till now....so I created an comment in the official driver v337.50 thread [url=https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/720880/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-337-50-beta-performance-display-driver-feedback-thread-4-7-14-/?offset=894#4200439]here (post #894 at the moment)[/url]. .
ATIorNVIDIA said:I think I also tried to report a similiar "issue" here

ATIorNVIDIA said:[..]

After I have finished the driver installation (manual mode --> ONLY display driver) I recognized that Windows automatically installed an old verision of NVIDIA display driver (from 2009??) prior I was able to install new NVIDIA driver version?

Additionally after repeating the clean unistallation with DDU tool and additional adapting some group policies (Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Installation) in order to prevent automatic installation of old display driver I was able to do a clean driver installation and reboot. After those clean driver installation I still get an "optional update" from microsoft update with following information:

"...
nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

Downloadgröße: 228,9 MB

Updatetyp: Optional

nVidia Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware software update released in August, 2013
..."

Is the new driver not installed /recognized correctly by Windows 7 x64 ???

I will send ManuelG a PM. Maybe he can provide some helpful information.

No response till now....so I created an comment in the official driver v337.50 thread here (post #894 at the moment).

Gigabyte Z77-D3H V1.0 (BIOS F23 modded) | Intel CPU i5-3570K (integrated HD4000 graphics) | 8GB Kingston RAM | Samsung SSD 830 120GB
Colorful Geforce GTX285 (View GPU-Z Screenshot) | BeQuiet Dark Power Pro with 750W | Samsung SyncMaster 2443 Monitor | Win7 SP1 x64
Experiencing Windows crashes/BSOD/Bluescreens which might be related to nVIDIA drivers?
Use 'WhoCrashed' by Resplendence or 'BlueScreenView' by NirSoft to get more details!
Instant Online Crash Dump Analysis --> 'Instant Online Crash Analysis' by OSR Online
Misc stuff:

driver v340.xx !!! EOL Windows driver support for legacy products !!! driver v340.xx
Install just NVIDIA Graphics Driver ---> Custom install options > Custom (Advanced)

If you want someone from the NVIDIA TECHNICAL SUPPORT team to work with you on an issue/bug.

Posted 04/23/2014 07:25 PM   
Can someone from NVIDIA maybe give a hint why this outdated driver needs to be installed / is offered by Microsoft although I already installed the latest GEFORCE driver version?
Can someone from NVIDIA maybe give a hint why this outdated driver needs to be installed / is offered by Microsoft although I already installed the latest GEFORCE driver version?

Misc stuff:

Posted 08/11/2014 08:20 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top