NVIDIA ShadowPlay Scheduled Release Update
  1 / 8    
We'd like to give everyone an update on ShadowPlay. Our original plan was to launch a beta of ShadowPlay this summer. Unfortunately we were not able to meet that date. We understand many of you have been eagerly waiting for this feature and we sincerely apologize for the delay. ShadowPlay was originally designed to output video files in M2TS format. During the course of our testing, we found that this format did not work robustly with various popular players. We are now in the process of moving over to MP4 as the container format. We expect this transition to be complete fairly soon. We are very excited about ShadowPlay and look forward to sharing this new feature with you soon.
We'd like to give everyone an update on ShadowPlay.

Our original plan was to launch a beta of ShadowPlay this summer. Unfortunately we were not able to meet that date. We understand many of you have been eagerly waiting for this feature and we sincerely apologize for the delay.

ShadowPlay was originally designed to output video files in M2TS format. During the course of our testing, we found that this format did not work robustly with various popular players. We are now in the process of moving over to MP4 as the container format. We expect this transition to be complete fairly soon.

We are very excited about ShadowPlay and look forward to sharing this new feature with you soon.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 09/20/2013 04:39 AM   
Thanks for the response but it is a very dissapointing news. I would have hoped shadowplay to come out even if the only problem was M2TS format. Because the relased product would be BETA and you wouldn't be liable to any incompatibility issue and along the way you could still work on shadowplay's MP4 format. I appreciate and believe in your honesty guys but this response seems like a cooperate cover up response for a different kind of a problem.
Thanks for the response but it is a very dissapointing news. I would have hoped shadowplay to come out even if the only problem was M2TS format. Because the relased product would be BETA and you wouldn't be liable to any incompatibility issue and along the way you could still work on shadowplay's MP4 format.

I appreciate and believe in your honesty guys but this response seems like a cooperate cover up response for a different kind of a problem.

Posted 09/20/2013 08:09 AM   
This is great news. I will assume once this train gets rolling and the news gets out it will be a great for NVIDIA's profits. Especially since I do not want to buy other capture software.
This is great news. I will assume once this train gets rolling and the news gets out it will be a great for NVIDIA's profits. Especially since I do not want to buy other capture software.

Posted 09/20/2013 09:29 AM   
First off, thank you for the update. I (and I assume other) appreciate your keeping the community up to day on how things are coming along. Secondly, as much as I do appreciate your honesty in the matter, I believe this isn't the best decision you guys could have made. ShadowPlay was showcased in all of the GTX 780 reviews I saw, making it for some people a very big motive to get the an Nvidia card that is capable of using this feature. As iARDAs said before me, after all of the work you put into showcasing this feature, in my opinion you should have released it with the M2TS output file format, and you could have even called it a Alpha to make it clear that this is not a finished product by any means. I believe in a lot of things Nvidia is doing, but I think you guys handled this in a way that turned what could have been a good opportunity into a negative experience for everyone.
First off, thank you for the update. I (and I assume other) appreciate your keeping the community up to day on how things are coming along.

Secondly, as much as I do appreciate your honesty in the matter, I believe this isn't the best decision you guys could have made. ShadowPlay was showcased in all of the GTX 780 reviews I saw, making it for some people a very big motive to get the an Nvidia card that is capable of using this feature.

As iARDAs said before me, after all of the work you put into showcasing this feature, in my opinion you should have released it with the M2TS output file format, and you could have even called it a Alpha to make it clear that this is not a finished product by any means.

I believe in a lot of things Nvidia is doing, but I think you guys handled this in a way that turned what could have been a good opportunity into a negative experience for everyone.

Posted 09/20/2013 05:40 PM   
[quote="Light1c3"]First off, thank you for the update. I (and I assume other) appreciate your keeping the community up to day on how things are coming along. Secondly, as much as I do appreciate your honesty in the matter, I believe this isn't the best decision you guys could have made. ShadowPlay was showcased in all of the GTX 780 reviews I saw, making it for some people a very big motive to get the an Nvidia card that is capable of using this feature. As iARDAs said before me, after all of the work you put into showcasing this feature, in my opinion you should have released it with the M2TS output file format, and you could have even called it a Alpha to make it clear that this is not a finished product by any means. I believe in a lot of things Nvidia is doing, but I think you guys handled this in a way that turned what could have been a good opportunity into a negative experience for everyone.[/quote] +1 Also, here we go again with "soon". Could you please give us a seasonal estimate at least this time? No one here minds waiting. What bothered most people is how little information we've been given. As far as we know, that "soon"could turn out to be nothing but (more) stalling, given how little we know about Shadowplay (and how far in development it is). Would you be so kind as to give that us estimate? Q4 2013, Q1 2014? A lot of people would appreciate that information.
Light1c3 said:First off, thank you for the update. I (and I assume other) appreciate your keeping the community up to day on how things are coming along.

Secondly, as much as I do appreciate your honesty in the matter, I believe this isn't the best decision you guys could have made. ShadowPlay was showcased in all of the GTX 780 reviews I saw, making it for some people a very big motive to get the an Nvidia card that is capable of using this feature.

As iARDAs said before me, after all of the work you put into showcasing this feature, in my opinion you should have released it with the M2TS output file format, and you could have even called it a Alpha to make it clear that this is not a finished product by any means.

I believe in a lot of things Nvidia is doing, but I think you guys handled this in a way that turned what could have been a good opportunity into a negative experience for everyone.

+1

Also, here we go again with "soon". Could you please give us a seasonal estimate at least this time?
No one here minds waiting. What bothered most people is how little information we've been given. As far as we know, that "soon"could turn out to be nothing but (more) stalling, given how little we know about Shadowplay (and how far in development it is).
Would you be so kind as to give that us estimate? Q4 2013, Q1 2014?
A lot of people would appreciate that information.

Posted 09/20/2013 07:26 PM   
It's taking 3+ months to change containers? Really?
It's taking 3+ months to change containers? Really?

Posted 09/21/2013 02:21 AM   
Also agree this is lame - the usual "lowest common denominator" excuse. It's a screen capture utility - by definition people are going to be manipulating the files one way or another so an issue with the raw file playing in [i]some[/i] players is of minimal concern at best to your target market. As others have said, label it alpha and release - we want what was promised already.
Also agree this is lame - the usual "lowest common denominator" excuse.

It's a screen capture utility - by definition people are going to be manipulating the files one way or another so an issue with the raw file playing in some players is of minimal concern at best to your target market.

As others have said, label it alpha and release - we want what was promised already.

Posted 09/21/2013 05:49 PM   
I hope this won't be delay until next year :/
I hope this won't be delay until next year :/

Posted 09/22/2013 04:00 PM   
Hooray! Thanks for the update! I hope soon means a few days xD
Hooray! Thanks for the update! I hope soon means a few days xD

Posted 09/22/2013 06:39 PM   
xD
xD

Posted 09/22/2013 09:31 PM   
I'm glad you guys are giving us more info than before, but the ambiguous "soon" thing makes me very nervous.
I'm glad you guys are giving us more info than before, but the ambiguous "soon" thing makes me very nervous.

Posted 09/23/2013 09:14 PM   
And does anybody know for sure if this feature will be available for M series cards? As in for laptops? SHIELD didn't work for mobile cards last time I checked so I'd like to make sure the encoder is built in to all 600+ cards, not just desktops?
And does anybody know for sure if this feature will be available for M series cards? As in for laptops? SHIELD didn't work for mobile cards last time I checked so I'd like to make sure the encoder is built in to all 600+ cards, not just desktops?

Posted 09/23/2013 09:18 PM   
[quote="AnthonyDK"]And does anybody know for sure if this feature will be available for M series cards? As in for laptops? SHIELD didn't work for mobile cards last time I checked so I'd like to make sure the encoder is built in to all 600+ cards, not just desktops?[/quote] From what I've seen it's a desktop addition only, the chip for recording is apparently not present in M series video cards.
AnthonyDK said:And does anybody know for sure if this feature will be available for M series cards? As in for laptops? SHIELD didn't work for mobile cards last time I checked so I'd like to make sure the encoder is built in to all 600+ cards, not just desktops?

From what I've seen it's a desktop addition only, the chip for recording is apparently not present in M series video cards.

Posted 09/23/2013 11:06 PM   
[quote="Miles360x"][quote="AnthonyDK"]And does anybody know for sure if this feature will be available for M series cards? As in for laptops? SHIELD didn't work for mobile cards last time I checked so I'd like to make sure the encoder is built in to all 600+ cards, not just desktops?[/quote] From what I've seen it's a desktop addition only, the chip for recording is apparently not present in M series video cards.[/quote] Actually, the hardware video decoder is built into the Kepler mobile GPU's as well.
Miles360x said:
AnthonyDK said:And does anybody know for sure if this feature will be available for M series cards? As in for laptops? SHIELD didn't work for mobile cards last time I checked so I'd like to make sure the encoder is built in to all 600+ cards, not just desktops?

From what I've seen it's a desktop addition only, the chip for recording is apparently not present in M series video cards.

Actually, the hardware video decoder is built into the Kepler mobile GPU's as well.

Windows 8 Pro x64
Intel Core i7-3630QM
8GB DDR3-1600
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M SLI
15.6" FHD 1920x1080
1TB 5400RPM+16GB SSD

Posted 09/24/2013 02:40 AM   
M2TS is not a bad codex, i never have problem with it in adobe premiere, however, some mp4 have serious problem in adobe premiere, due to lost frames the video/audio just loss sync during time. It's a problem since CS4, so make sure the mp4 shadowplay captured is in good shape(start ending all exist and no skip frame stuff). You can make user able to choose which format to use, that would be great. Also please give a exact time frame when it will be released, waiting for toooo long. PM.
M2TS is not a bad codex, i never have problem with it in adobe premiere, however, some mp4 have serious problem in adobe premiere, due to lost frames the video/audio just loss sync during time. It's a problem since CS4, so make sure the mp4 shadowplay captured is in good shape(start ending all exist and no skip frame stuff).
You can make user able to choose which format to use, that would be great.
Also please give a exact time frame when it will be released, waiting for toooo long.
PM.

Posted 09/24/2013 03:09 PM   
  1 / 8    
Scroll To Top