Please help, Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found
  7 / 10    
well.. too early to celebrate.. it happens again, but now - whenever you start any browser (tried firefox, chrome, ie, and waterfox), - only occasionally, when system restarts - when starting steam
well.. too early to celebrate.. it happens again, but now
- whenever you start any browser (tried firefox, chrome, ie, and waterfox),
- only occasionally, when system restarts
- when starting steam

Posted 06/29/2015 04:36 AM   
Having exact same issue. Have an i7 4770K with 8Gb RAM and GTX 770. MB is MSI Z87-G45 Gaming with a 750W PSU. I have been experiencing the symptoms to the point where I am unable to game as it will promptly crash or freeze up before passing Skyrim's intro and giving me the ability to save. Going to try downgrading the driver version and see if it works. will go for an older driver and update if that driver works. I will use Revo uninstaller to uninstall GeForce Experience and all the other addon rubbish that I don't use like the 3D vision drivers and such
Having exact same issue. Have an i7 4770K with 8Gb RAM and GTX 770. MB is MSI Z87-G45 Gaming with a 750W PSU. I have been experiencing the symptoms to the point where I am unable to game as it will promptly crash or freeze up before passing Skyrim's intro and giving me the ability to save. Going to try downgrading the driver version and see if it works.

will go for an older driver and update if that driver works. I will use Revo uninstaller to uninstall GeForce Experience and all the other addon rubbish that I don't use like the 3D vision drivers and such

Posted 09/13/2015 11:55 AM   
[quote=""]Having exact same issue. Have an i7 4770K with 8Gb RAM and GTX 770. MB is MSI Z87-G45 Gaming with a 750W PSU. I have been experiencing the symptoms to the point where I am unable to game as it will promptly crash or freeze up before passing Skyrim's intro and giving me the ability to save. Going to try downgrading the driver version and see if it works. will go for an older driver and update if that driver works. I will use Revo uninstaller to uninstall GeForce Experience and all the other addon rubbish that I don't use like the 3D vision drivers and such[/quote] I know it's soon, but so far so good. I uninstalled everything Nvidia related with Revo uninstaller but did not remove any "left over" files. I restarted my machine and did a clean install of the Driver Version 353.06. I unchecked the 3D controller and 3d Vision features and also unticked GeForce experience to NOT install. After the install was complete, I rebooted and started Skyrim. I instantly noticed a large performance boost and no crash. Passed the intro easily and was able to save. Since the only thing that changed was NVidia software, It's definitely a NVidia software issue. If I don't come back to say otherwise, assume this resolved my problems. If I see it happening again, I will add on to this post[quote=""]Having exact same issue. Have an i7 4770K with 8Gb RAM and GTX 770. MB is MSI Z87-G45 Gaming with a 750W PSU. I have been experiencing the symptoms to the point where I am unable to game as it will promptly crash or freeze up before passing Skyrim's intro and giving me the ability to save. Going to try downgrading the driver version and see if it works. will go for an older driver and update if that driver works. I will use Revo uninstaller to uninstall GeForce Experience and all the other addon rubbish that I don't use like the 3D vision drivers and such[/quote]
said:Having exact same issue. Have an i7 4770K with 8Gb RAM and GTX 770. MB is MSI Z87-G45 Gaming with a 750W PSU. I have been experiencing the symptoms to the point where I am unable to game as it will promptly crash or freeze up before passing Skyrim's intro and giving me the ability to save. Going to try downgrading the driver version and see if it works.

will go for an older driver and update if that driver works. I will use Revo uninstaller to uninstall GeForce Experience and all the other addon rubbish that I don't use like the 3D vision drivers and such

I know it's soon, but so far so good.

I uninstalled everything Nvidia related with Revo uninstaller but did not remove any "left over" files.
I restarted my machine and did a clean install of the Driver Version 353.06.
I unchecked the 3D controller and 3d Vision features and also unticked GeForce experience to NOT install.

After the install was complete, I rebooted and started Skyrim. I instantly noticed a large performance boost and no crash. Passed the intro easily and was able to save.

Since the only thing that changed was NVidia software, It's definitely a NVidia software issue.
If I don't come back to say otherwise, assume this resolved my problems. If I see it happening again, I will add on to this post
said:Having exact same issue. Have an i7 4770K with 8Gb RAM and GTX 770. MB is MSI Z87-G45 Gaming with a 750W PSU. I have been experiencing the symptoms to the point where I am unable to game as it will promptly crash or freeze up before passing Skyrim's intro and giving me the ability to save. Going to try downgrading the driver version and see if it works.

Posted 09/13/2015 12:55 PM   
[quote="Tr1NiTY"][quote=""]Having exact same issue. Have an i7 4770K with 8Gb RAM and GTX 770. MB is MSI Z87-G45 Gaming with a 750W PSU. I have been experiencing the symptoms to the point where I am unable to game as it will promptly crash or freeze up before passing Skyrim's intro and giving me the ability to save. Going to try downgrading the driver version and see if it works. will go for an older driver and update if that driver works. I will use Revo uninstaller to uninstall GeForce Experience and all the other addon rubbish that I don't use like the 3D vision drivers and such[/quote] I know it's soon, but so far so good. I uninstalled everything Nvidia related with Revo uninstaller but did not remove any "left over" files. I restarted my machine and did a clean install of the Driver Version 353.06. I unchecked the 3D controller and 3d Vision features and also unticked GeForce experience to NOT install. After the install was complete, I rebooted and started Skyrim. I instantly noticed a large performance boost and no crash. Passed the intro easily and was able to save. Since the only thing that changed was NVidia software, It's definitely a NVidia software issue. If I don't come back to say otherwise, assume this resolved my problems. If I see it happening again, I will add on to this post[/quote] Was all fine until today. Doesn't seem to be a lasting solution. Skyrim started freeqing again and crashed with messages popping up saying the display driver stopped working but was recovered. Anyone find a solution?
Tr1NiTY said:

I know it's soon, but so far so good.

I uninstalled everything Nvidia related with Revo uninstaller but did not remove any "left over" files.
I restarted my machine and did a clean install of the Driver Version 353.06.
I unchecked the 3D controller and 3d Vision features and also unticked GeForce experience to NOT install.

After the install was complete, I rebooted and started Skyrim. I instantly noticed a large performance boost and no crash. Passed the intro easily and was able to save.

Since the only thing that changed was NVidia software, It's definitely a NVidia software issue.
If I don't come back to say otherwise, assume this resolved my problems. If I see it happening again, I will add on to this post

Was all fine until today. Doesn't seem to be a lasting solution. Skyrim started freeqing again and crashed with messages popping up saying the display driver stopped working but was recovered.

Anyone find a solution?

Posted 09/19/2015 04:39 PM   
. Similar to what you did, but try it this way: First stop the [url=http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10]Windows DRIVER updating[/url] if using Windows 10. Then: Download [url=https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/wagnard-tools-ddu-gmp-tdr-manupulator-updated-02-19-2015-/post/3846165/#3846165]DDU[/url]: [.]Install[/.] [.]run it[/.] [.]Enter Safe mode[/.] [.]Uninstall all the NVIDIA software and Drivers[/.] [.]Reboot.[/.] [.]Download this [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/347.88/347.88-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe]347.88[/url] driver [/.] [.]Run it[/.] [.]Select CUSTOM Install[/.] [.]Uncheck EVERYTHING except PhysX[/.] [.]Check the CLEAN INSTALL box[/.] [.]Finish install[/.] [.]Reboot[/.] Driver will work on all but the 980ti. If the motherboard BIOS has the FASTBOOT enable, please disable it. .

Similar to what you did, but try it this way:

First stop the Windows DRIVER updating if using Windows 10.

Then:

Download DDU:
  • Install
  • run it
  • Enter Safe mode
  • Uninstall all the NVIDIA software and Drivers
  • Reboot.
  • Download this 347.88 driver
  • Run it
  • Select CUSTOM Install
  • Uncheck EVERYTHING except PhysX
  • Check the CLEAN INSTALL box
  • Finish install
  • Reboot

• Driver will work on all but the 980ti.

If the motherboard BIOS has the FASTBOOT enable, please disable it.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
    Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 09/19/2015 09:16 PM   
    I actually accidentally fixed the issue on my PC. I opened the task manager and noticed my CPU usage was as spikes on all cores. I ended up wondering if it didn't have something to do with my having tried to over clock but then deciding against it. I figured I may have forgotten to change it back. I went into my BIOS and reset to default configuration. I then only set my drive mode to RAID and saved & rebooted. I have now had no issues for about a week and general performance improved as well.
    I actually accidentally fixed the issue on my PC.

I opened the task manager and noticed my CPU usage was as spikes on all cores.
    I ended up wondering if it didn't have something to do with my having tried to over clock but then deciding against it. I figured I may have forgotten to change it back.

I went into my BIOS and reset to default configuration.
    I then only set my drive mode to RAID and saved & rebooted.

I have now had no issues for about a week and general performance improved as well.

Posted 10/12/2015 12:21 PM   
    [quote="Greybear"]. Similar to what you did, but try it this way: First stop the [url=http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10]Windows DRIVER updating[/url] if using Windows 10. Then: Download [url=https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/wagnard-tools-ddu-gmp-tdr-manupulator-updated-02-19-2015-/post/3846165/#3846165]DDU[/url]: [.]Install[/.] [.]run it[/.] [.]Enter Safe mode[/.] [.]Uninstall all the NVIDIA software and Drivers[/.] [.]Reboot.[/.] [.]Download this [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/347.88/347.88-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe]347.88[/url] driver [/.] [.]Run it[/.] [.]Select CUSTOM Install[/.] [.]Uncheck EVERYTHING except PhysX[/.] [.]Check the CLEAN INSTALL box[/.] [.]Finish install[/.] [.]Reboot[/.] Driver will work on all but the 980ti. If the motherboard BIOS has the FASTBOOT enable, please disable it. . [/quote] I've had the Event 14 issue for years on my GTX 670... I mean...I've had the card for 4 years and probably 3 of those have been frustrating... In the last week it became worse...I tried underclocking but that just made it even worse. I ended up ordering another manufacturer's card in frustration...only to find this thread last night and try these steps. So far, no problem... I wish I'd found these steps before. Now I'm trying to negotiate cancelling the group-buy special... Thank you so much for that fix, if I can cancel the order I'll definitely donate some $$ to your app. -G
    Greybear said:.

Then:

Download DDU:
  • Install
  • run it
  • Enter Safe mode
  • Reboot.
  • Run it
  • Select CUSTOM Install
  • Finish install
  • Reboot

I've had the Event 14 issue for years on my GTX 670... I mean...I've had the card for 4 years and probably 3 of those have been frustrating...

In the last week it became worse...I tried underclocking but that just made it even worse. I ended up ordering another manufacturer's card in frustration...only to find this thread last night and try these steps. So far, no problem... I wish I'd found these steps before.

Now I'm trying to negotiate cancelling the group-buy special...

Thank you so much for that fix, if I can cancel the order I'll definitely donate some $$ to your app.

-G

Posted 07/04/2016 09:14 PM   
    I have just registered to say that I also have the same problem. I cannot believe that throughout more than 3 years that this thread has been alive, no one from NVidia took the time to leave a reply as to why this problem happens and how to fix it, not even to tell us to buy another damn card! Not buying another NVidia card for the rest of me life, you can count on that! I have tried all the advice I could find in this thread and in others. While the 314.22 is the most stable driver for Windows explorer use (I don't play games on PC), even applications like VLC crashes the damn thing. The AMD Radeon RX 480 is looking particularly nice! Windows 10 x64 i7 6700K @ 4.00 GHz 32 Gb RAM Sabertooth Z170 Geforce 660 Ti Corsair VS650 PSU
    I have just registered to say that I also have the same problem. I cannot believe that throughout more than 3 years that this thread has been alive, no one from NVidia took the time to leave a reply as to why this problem happens and how to fix it, not even to tell us to buy another damn card! Not buying another NVidia card for the rest of me life, you can count on that!

I have tried all the advice I could find in this thread and in others. While the 314.22 is the most stable driver for Windows explorer use (I don't play games on PC), even applications like VLC crashes the damn thing.

The AMD Radeon RX 480 is looking particularly nice!

Windows 10 x64
    i7 6700K @ 4.00 GHz
    32 Gb RAM
    Sabertooth Z170
    Geforce 660 Ti
    Corsair VS650 PSU

Posted 07/18/2016 02:34 PM   
    [quote="AngryCustomer2"]I have tried all the advice I could find in this thread and in others. While the 314.22 is the most stable driver for Windows explorer use (I don't play games on PC), even applications like VLC crashes the damn thing. The AMD Radeon RX 480 is looking particularly nice! Windows 10 x64 i7 6700K @ 4.00 GHz 32 Gb RAM Sabertooth Z170 Geforce 660 Ti Corsair VS650 PSU[/quote] the reason they have not responded is there are MULTIPLE threads on this issue. There are multiple causes. But, ""314.22"" tells me this card is most likely bad or you have a bad install. I'll explain....your previous OS should have been Win7 / Win8 - you most likely did an Upgrade install. If you did an Upgrade install, the software and their registry entries would have carried forward. You should do a Clean install. If you have done a Clean install, the only thing that would have carried forward from a Win7 / Win8 - unless there is other hardware you moved - would be the 660ti. The Skylake has a known flaw that was addressed via the BIOS after Jan. 2016 The Secureboot should be disabled in the BIOS for this card. The Fastboot in the BIOS should be disabled as well as changes made to the POWER settings - Windows 10 has a flaw in the Hibernate / PCIe Link much like VISTA did. So, back to the Card as the problem....So, since EVERYTHING has changed and the 660ti has remained the same...hopefully not the POWER SUPPLY as well. That means the CARD is bad. The 337.88 / 347.88 are literally the most stable drivers for the 500 / 600 series cards. Failure on these drivers should have you looking for another cause, power, RMA the card. Thats my opinion. The RX 480 does look like a GREAT card, but you had better wait for a REVIEW of the card after they fix the [url=http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-480-polaris-power-fix,4668.html]POWER DRAW issue[/url]. Pulling 90watts from the Motherboard is not good and will cause damage. The card iself is rated for a total of 150watts, so, after the fix, this will be changed. All reviews thus far are using a card that is pulling more power than rated and way more from the PCIe than it should. So, Reviews need to be updated. And anyone that feels this is still acceptable is risking someone elses money. 6pin PCIe power = 75watts PEG = 75watts Thats 150wats. With hte NEW driver fix, the card is still drawing more than 160watts...They should have done a revamp of the design and implemented an 8pin PCIe connector. But hey, software is cheaper than RECALL and redsign, but since they were completely sold out 2 weeks ago, stopping more shipments and flashing a vBIOS to resell those cards as an RX 475 while fixing the design and pushing that to customers would be to much to ask. This is one reason AMD is losing this battle, that and they are always competing with the PREVIOUS generation card. The only reason they are still in this dog fight is that NVIDIA rushes things. You cannot survive when your Newest card is designed to compete with 2 year old technology. .
    AngryCustomer2 said:I have tried all the advice I could find in this thread and in others. While the 314.22 is the most stable driver for Windows explorer use (I don't play games on PC), even applications like VLC crashes the damn thing.

The AMD Radeon RX 480 is looking particularly nice!

Windows 10 x64
    i7 6700K @ 4.00 GHz
    32 Gb RAM
    Sabertooth Z170
    Geforce 660 Ti
    Corsair VS650 PSU
    the reason they have not responded is there are MULTIPLE threads on this issue.

There are multiple causes.

But, ""314.22"" tells me this card is most likely bad or you have a bad install.

I'll explain....your previous OS should have been Win7 / Win8 - you most likely did an Upgrade install. If you did an Upgrade install, the software and their registry entries would have carried forward.

You should do a Clean install.

If you have done a Clean install, the only thing that would have carried forward from a Win7 / Win8 - unless there is other hardware you moved - would be the 660ti.

The Skylake has a known flaw that was addressed via the BIOS after Jan. 2016

The Secureboot should be disabled in the BIOS for this card.

The Fastboot in the BIOS should be disabled as well as changes made to the POWER settings - Windows 10 has a flaw in the Hibernate / PCIe Link much like VISTA did.

So, back to the Card as the problem....So, since EVERYTHING has changed and the 660ti has remained the same...hopefully not the POWER SUPPLY as well. That means the CARD is bad.

The 337.88 / 347.88 are literally the most stable drivers for the 500 / 600 series cards. Failure on these drivers should have you looking for another cause, power, RMA the card.

Thats my opinion.

The RX 480 does look like a GREAT card, but you had better wait for a REVIEW of the card after they fix the POWER DRAW issue.

Pulling 90watts from the Motherboard is not good and will cause damage.

The card iself is rated for a total of 150watts, so, after the fix, this will be changed.

All reviews thus far are using a card that is pulling more power than rated and way more from the PCIe than it should. So, Reviews need to be updated.

And anyone that feels this is still acceptable is risking someone elses money.

6pin PCIe power = 75watts
    PEG = 75watts

Thats 150wats.

With hte NEW driver fix, the card is still drawing more than 160watts...They should have done a revamp of the design and implemented an 8pin PCIe connector.

But hey, software is cheaper than RECALL and redsign, but since they were completely sold out 2 weeks ago, stopping more shipments and flashing a vBIOS to resell those cards as an RX 475 while fixing the design and pushing that to customers would be to much to ask.

This is one reason AMD is losing this battle, that and they are always competing with the PREVIOUS generation card. The only reason they are still in this dog fight is that NVIDIA rushes things.

You cannot survive when your Newest card is designed to compete with 2 year old technology.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
    Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 07/18/2016 02:50 PM   
    This issue seems to occur again. I'm having this issue since I installed new display driver [b]version 385.41[/b] on 09/17/2017, that is: - Display turns black - Audio (mostly music from winamp/windows media/VLC Video) starts stuttering or stops completely - Other drivers stop (Corsair Strafe RGB keyboard lighting effects stop) - Randomly, the system will recover and continue running, hard reboot necessary otherwise - Issue occurs on idle and when browsing - High system load seems not to have influence (neither while gaming, nor during AIDA64 system stability test on both, CPU and GPU) Had no issues before installation of new drivers 3 days ago. Today, I Have de-installed driver completely and re-installed the to-date driver. Problem still appears. Configuration: Gainward GeForce GTX 770 Phantom Intel i7-4790K @ 4,40 GHz (1,184V) Asus Maximus VII Hero (Z97) Onboard Video deactivated 8GB RAM Windows 8.1N Like for my sucessors: Windows Event Viewer reports an error on the driver and a warning on the display: Event-ID 14 (Error) on nvlddmkm: - System - Provider [ Name] nvlddmkm - EventID 14 [ Qualifiers] 49322 Level 2 Task 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2017-09-19T16:50:57.514637600Z EventRecordID 61627 Channel System Computer Stefan-Desktop Security - EventData \Device\Video3 9753(2068) 00000000 00000000 0000000002003000000000000E00AAC0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binäre Daten (binary data): In Wörtern (words) 0000: 00000000 00300002 00000000 C0AA000E 0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0020: 00000000 00000000 In Bytes 0000: 00 00 00 00 02 00 30 00 ......0. 0008: 00 00 00 00 0E 00 AA C0 ......ªÀ 0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........ 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........ 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........ Event-ID 4101 (Warning) on Display: - System - Provider [ Name] Display - EventID 4101 [ Qualifiers] 0 Level 3 Task 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2017-09-19T16:51:08.000000000Z EventRecordID 61628 Channel System Computer Stefan-Desktop Security - EventData nvlddmkm
    This issue seems to occur again. I'm having this issue since I installed new display driver version 385.41 on 09/17/2017, that is:

- Display turns black
    - Audio (mostly music from winamp/windows media/VLC Video) starts stuttering or stops completely
    - Other drivers stop (Corsair Strafe RGB keyboard lighting effects stop)
    - Randomly, the system will recover and continue running, hard reboot necessary otherwise
    - Issue occurs on idle and when browsing
    - High system load seems not to have influence (neither while gaming, nor during AIDA64 system stability test on both, CPU and GPU)

Had no issues before installation of new drivers 3 days ago.
    Today, I Have de-installed driver completely and re-installed the to-date driver. Problem still appears.

Configuration:
    Gainward GeForce GTX 770 Phantom
    Intel i7-4790K @ 4,40 GHz (1,184V)
    Asus Maximus VII Hero (Z97)
    Onboard Video deactivated
    8GB RAM
    Windows 8.1N

Like for my sucessors:
    Windows Event Viewer reports an error on the driver and a warning on the display:

Event-ID 14 (Error) on nvlddmkm:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] nvlddmkm

- EventID 14

[ Qualifiers] 49322

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-09-19T16:50:57.514637600Z

EventRecordID 61627

Channel System

Computer Stefan-Desktop

Security

- EventData

\Device\Video3
    9753(2068) 00000000 00000000
    0000000002003000000000000E00AAC0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binäre Daten (binary data):

In Wörtern (words)

0000: 00000000 00300002 00000000 C0AA000E
    0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
    0020: 00000000 00000000

In Bytes

0000: 00 00 00 00 02 00 30 00 ......0.
    0008: 00 00 00 00 0E 00 AA C0 ......ªÀ
    0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Event-ID 4101 (Warning) on Display:
    - System

- Provider

[ Name] Display

- EventID 4101

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 3

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-09-19T16:51:08.000000000Z

EventRecordID 61628

Channel System

Computer Stefan-Desktop

Security

- EventData

nvlddmkm

Posted 09/19/2017 05:21 PM   
    Also having this issue suddenly cause crashes as of ~3 weeks ago. Typically (though not always) happens when I'm playing a game, but I'm unsure if this actually a cause or if I'm just always playing games! The entire system freezes up (I can still hear sound for a little bit but the screen is just frozen) and sometimes it crashes itself, other times (more often) I have to do a hard reboot myself. I have done a clean install of Windows 10 and all drivers but it continues. Driver version is 385.69 Event viewer always has this in it: ---------------------------------------------------- The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: \Device\Video3 1927(16e4) 00000000 00000000 the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table -----------------------------------------------
    Also having this issue suddenly cause crashes as of ~3 weeks ago.

Typically (though not always) happens when I'm playing a game, but I'm unsure if this actually a cause or if I'm just always playing games! The entire system freezes up (I can still hear sound for a little bit but the screen is just frozen) and sometimes it crashes itself, other times (more often) I have to do a hard reboot myself.

I have done a clean install of Windows 10 and all drivers but it continues.

Driver version is 385.69

Event viewer always has this in it:

----------------------------------------------------

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
    1927(16e4) 00000000 00000000

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

-----------------------------------------------

Posted 09/29/2017 04:27 AM   
    I'm having the same problem! Chrome, Firefox, any browser causes a crash if i open multiple videos. My event viewer is full of The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. and The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. I checked the system32 drivers folder and there is no nvlddmkm.sys in there. I've tried the latest drivers and the oldest one's i can find (375.70 25/10/2016) and the nvlddmkm.sys never appears in the system32 drivers folder. Games are fine, just browsers....my pc freezes and lags. If i open multiple videos the cursor will start lagging, i can't type, then the screens go black...i can hear the videos still, sometimes the screens come back on, other times they dont, either way i have to hard reset as by that point my PC is unresponsive, i can't even open Task Manager to shut the browsers down. I too did a fresh install of windows 10, formatted the drive first so nothing was left, reinstalled the latest drivers, still had the same problem, tried older ones, same problem!!!. Then after days of googling came across a thread saying the nvlddmkm.sys needed modifying or something so looked for it....it's not there, so i believe that's why i have an issue. It should be in windows> System32> Drivers...but it's not.
    I'm having the same problem!
    Chrome, Firefox, any browser causes a crash if i open multiple videos. My event viewer is full of

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

and

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

I checked the system32 drivers folder and there is no nvlddmkm.sys in there.
    I've tried the latest drivers and the oldest one's i can find (375.70 25/10/2016) and the nvlddmkm.sys never appears in the system32 drivers folder.
    Games are fine, just browsers....my pc freezes and lags.

If i open multiple videos the cursor will start lagging, i can't type, then the screens go black...i can hear the videos still, sometimes the screens come back on, other times they dont, either way i have to hard reset as by that point my PC is unresponsive, i can't even open Task Manager to shut the browsers down.

I too did a fresh install of windows 10, formatted the drive first so nothing was left, reinstalled the latest drivers, still had the same problem, tried older ones, same problem!!!. Then after days of googling came across a thread saying the nvlddmkm.sys needed modifying or something so looked for it....it's not there, so i believe that's why i have an issue. It should be in windows> System32> Drivers...but it's not.

Posted 09/29/2017 07:57 PM   
    [quote="Greybear"]. Similar to what you did, but try it this way: First stop the [url=http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10]Windows DRIVER updating[/url] if using Windows 10. Then: Download [url=https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/wagnard-tools-ddu-gmp-tdr-manupulator-updated-02-19-2015-/post/3846165/#3846165]DDU[/url]: [.]Install[/.] [.]run it[/.] [.]Enter Safe mode[/.] [.]Uninstall all the NVIDIA software and Drivers[/.] [.]Reboot.[/.] [.]Download this [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/347.88/347.88-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe]347.88[/url] driver [/.] [.]Run it[/.] [.]Select CUSTOM Install[/.] [.]Uncheck EVERYTHING except PhysX[/.] [.]Check the CLEAN INSTALL box[/.] [.]Finish install[/.] [.]Reboot[/.] Driver will work on all but the 980ti. If the motherboard BIOS has the FASTBOOT enable, please disable it. . [/quote] Ok it turns out i'm an idiot, i have a zotac gtx770 4gb...it has a hdmi port and two others that look pretty much identical...the connector fit's both sockets, i'd basically plugged one of the monitors into the wrong port so it kept crashing my pc. Only realized today 02/10/17 when i cleaned the graphics card. Id pulled the cable originally when i had to connect some ports at the front of my pc, this has stumped me for weeks, this could be your issue too if it happened after you unplugged everything from the back of your pc and never took note where it all went back :) Fixed the error and have had no freezes or crashes since connecting the cable to the right port lol!
    Greybear said:.

Then:

Download DDU:
  • Install
  • run it
  • Enter Safe mode
  • Reboot.
  • Run it
  • Select CUSTOM Install
  • Finish install
  • Reboot

Ok it turns out i'm an idiot, i have a zotac gtx770 4gb...it has a hdmi port and two others that look pretty much identical...the connector fit's both sockets, i'd basically plugged one of the monitors into the wrong port so it kept crashing my pc.
    Only realized today 02/10/17 when i cleaned the graphics card. Id pulled the cable originally when i had to connect some ports at the front of my pc, this has stumped me for weeks, this could be your issue too if it happened after you unplugged everything from the back of your pc and never took note where it all went back :)
    Fixed the error and have had no freezes or crashes since connecting the cable to the right port lol!

Posted 09/29/2017 09:35 PM   
    [quote="JedINyte"]I'm having the same problem! Chrome, Firefox, any browser causes a crash if i open multiple videos. My event viewer is full of The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. and The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. I checked the system32 drivers folder and there is no nvlddmkm.sys in there. I've tried the latest drivers and the oldest one's i can find (375.70 25/10/2016) and the nvlddmkm.sys never appears in the system32 drivers folder. Games are fine, just browsers....my pc freezes and lags. If i open multiple videos the cursor will start lagging, i can't type, then the screens go black...i can hear the videos still, sometimes the screens come back on, other times they dont, either way i have to hard reset as by that point my PC is unresponsive, i can't even open Task Manager to shut the browsers down. I too did a fresh install of windows 10, formatted the drive first so nothing was left, reinstalled the latest drivers, still had the same problem, tried older ones, same problem!!!. Then after days of googling came across a thread saying the nvlddmkm.sys needed modifying or something so looked for it....it's not there, so i believe that's why i have an issue. It should be in windows> System32> Drivers...but it's not. [/quote] I don't know if you figured your issues out yet, but nvlddmkm.sys is not in that folder anymore. I think I found the same thread as you talking about replacing the file manually, but if you are on the latest Windows 10 like me then it is under something like C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispiwu.inf_amd64_9ff5ab165faead52 The last folder there starting with nv_dispiwu..... will be something random probably an there might be multiple of them, one for each version of drivers you have installed previously. For me that file was fine and not out of date, I have a feeling that fix no longer applies but maybe I was just not needing it.
    JedINyte said:I'm having the same problem!
    Chrome, Firefox, any browser causes a crash if i open multiple videos. My event viewer is full of

and

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

I checked the system32 drivers folder and there is no nvlddmkm.sys in there.
    I've tried the latest drivers and the oldest one's i can find (375.70 25/10/2016) and the nvlddmkm.sys never appears in the system32 drivers folder.
    Games are fine, just browsers....my pc freezes and lags.

If i open multiple videos the cursor will start lagging, i can't type, then the screens go black...i can hear the videos still, sometimes the screens come back on, other times they dont, either way i have to hard reset as by that point my PC is unresponsive, i can't even open Task Manager to shut the browsers down.

I too did a fresh install of windows 10, formatted the drive first so nothing was left, reinstalled the latest drivers, still had the same problem, tried older ones, same problem!!!. Then after days of googling came across a thread saying the nvlddmkm.sys needed modifying or something so looked for it....it's not there, so i believe that's why i have an issue. It should be in windows> System32> Drivers...but it's not.

I don't know if you figured your issues out yet, but nvlddmkm.sys is not in that folder anymore. I think I found the same thread as you talking about replacing the file manually, but if you are on the latest Windows 10 like me then it is under something like C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispiwu.inf_amd64_9ff5ab165faead52

The last folder there starting with nv_dispiwu..... will be something random probably an there might be multiple of them, one for each version of drivers you have installed previously. For me that file was fine and not out of date, I have a feeling that fix no longer applies but maybe I was just not needing it.

Posted 10/13/2017 10:49 PM   
    I am also having the same issue, I have tried just about everything I can think of and it's really pissing me off, all I did was upgrade to the latest drivers and the problem started, HDD would read and then BLANK black screen, no way to get around it but shutting down computer and start back, the crazy part, I didn't even start any programs yet, all I did was login and a few minutes, less than 5 minutes, and BLANK screen, what in the world is going on. System Specification: ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme Intel Core i7-6950X EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Z Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB/x2 + 600GB ASUS ROG PG278Q Monitor - connection Display port Kingston PREDATOR 32GB Antec PSU 850W HQ Host Name: ZALMANGS1200I7 OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS Version: 10.0.16299 N/A Build 16299 OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free Registered Owner: Geor****** Registered Organization: Product ID: 00330-80000-88054-AA694 Original Install Date: 10/18/2017, 11:26:31 PM System Boot Time: 10/23/2017, 9:35:48 PM System Manufacturer: ASUS System Model: All Series System Type: x64-based PC Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed. [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 79 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3001 Mhz BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 3701, 3/31/2017 Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32 Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume2 System Locale: en-us;English (United States) Input Locale: en-us;English (United States) Time Zone: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) Total Physical Memory: 32,680 MB Available Physical Memory: 27,835 MB Virtual Memory: Max Size: 37,800 MB Virtual Memory: Available: 32,028 MB Virtual Memory: In Use: 5,772 MB Page File Location(s): C:\pagefile.sys Domain: corp.visualimagearts.com Logon Server: \\ZALMANGS1200I7 Hotfix(s): 2 Hotfix(s) Installed. [01]: KB4049179 [02]: KB4043961 Network Card(s): 3 NIC(s) Installed. [01]: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V Connection Name: Ethernet DHCP Enabled: No IP address(es) [01]: 11.30.69.78 [02]: fe80::59f2:840a:b0d3:96d5 [02]: Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter Connection Name: Wi-Fi Status: Media disconnected [03]: Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) Connection Name: Bluetooth Network Connection 2 Status: Media disconnected Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: No Second Level Address Translation: Yes Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes Log Name: System Source: Display Date: 10/23/2017 9:32:38 PM Event ID: 4101 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: ZALMANGS1200I7.corp.visualimagearts.com Description: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Display" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">4101</EventID> <Level>3</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-10-24T01:32:38.011007700Z" /> <EventRecordID>1630</EventRecordID> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>ZALMANGS1200I7.corp.visualimagearts.com</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>nvlddmkm</Data> <Data> </Data> </EventData> </Event> Log Name: System Source: Display Date: 10/23/2017 9:32:56 PM Event ID: 4115 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: ZALMANGS1200I7.corp.visualimagearts.com Description: Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead. Check Windows Update for a newer display driver. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Display" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">4115</EventID> <Level>3</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-10-24T01:32:56.381342300Z" /> <EventRecordID>1631</EventRecordID> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>ZALMANGS1200I7.corp.visualimagearts.com</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data> </Data> <Data> </Data> </EventData> </Event>
    I am also having the same issue, I have tried just about everything I can think of and it's really pissing me off, all I did was upgrade to the latest drivers and the problem started, HDD would read and then BLANK black screen, no way to get around it but shutting down computer and start back, the crazy part, I didn't even start any programs yet, all I did was login and a few minutes, less than 5 minutes, and BLANK screen, what in the world is going on.

System Specification:
    ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme
    Intel Core i7-6950X
    EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Z
    Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB/x2 + 600GB
    ASUS ROG PG278Q Monitor - connection Display port
    Kingston PREDATOR 32GB
    Antec PSU 850W HQ

Host Name: ZALMANGS1200I7
    OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    OS Version: 10.0.16299 N/A Build 16299
    OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
    OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
    OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
    Registered Owner: Geor******
    Registered Organization:
    Product ID: 00330-80000-88054-AA694
    Original Install Date: 10/18/2017, 11:26:31 PM
    System Boot Time: 10/23/2017, 9:35:48 PM
    System Manufacturer: ASUS
    System Model: All Series
    System Type: x64-based PC
    Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
    [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 79 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3001 Mhz
    BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 3701, 3/31/2017
    Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    System Locale: en-us;English (United States)
    Input Locale: en-us;English (United States)
    Time Zone: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
    Total Physical Memory: 32,680 MB
    Available Physical Memory: 27,835 MB
    Virtual Memory: Max Size: 37,800 MB
    Virtual Memory: Available: 32,028 MB
    Virtual Memory: In Use: 5,772 MB
    Page File Location(s): C:\pagefile.sys
    Domain: corp.visualimagearts.com
    Logon Server: \\ZALMANGS1200I7
    Hotfix(s): 2 Hotfix(s) Installed.
    [01]: KB4049179
    [02]: KB4043961
    Network Card(s): 3 NIC(s) Installed.
    [01]: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V
    Connection Name: Ethernet
    DHCP Enabled: No
    IP address(es)
    [01]: 11.30.69.78
    [02]: fe80::59f2:840a:b0d3:96d5
    [02]: Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter
    Connection Name: Wi-Fi
    [03]: Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
    Connection Name: Bluetooth Network Connection 2
    Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes
    Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: No
    Second Level Address Translation: Yes
    Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

Log Name: System
    Source: Display
    Date: 10/23/2017 9:32:38 PM
    Event ID: 4101
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: ZALMANGS1200I7.corp.visualimagearts.com
    Description:
    Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Display" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">4101</EventID>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-10-24T01:32:38.011007700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1630</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>ZALMANGS1200I7.corp.visualimagearts.com</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>nvlddmkm</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Log Name: System
    Source: Display
    Date: 10/23/2017 9:32:56 PM
    Event ID: 4115
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: ZALMANGS1200I7.corp.visualimagearts.com
    Description:
    Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead. Check Windows Update for a newer display driver.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Display" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">4115</EventID>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-10-24T01:32:56.381342300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1631</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>ZALMANGS1200I7.corp.visualimagearts.com</Computer>