Please help, Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found
  6 / 10    
Hi All, My system runs Windows 8 pro 64bit, i7 4770K, GTX670, 12GB RAM The downgrade works kinda ok. But even playing L4D2 I had small freezing and glitches with 314.22. Interesting thing is my sound just shutters and is unplayable. Had to kill the process or restart machine from the power button. Eventlog spits out below for nvlddmkm: [i][b]The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: \Device\Video3 0096(1ef0) 00000000 00000000 [/b][/i] Additional downside is that Battlefield4 crashes at start with driver 314.22. So have to go to the last recent. (as of today 334.89) Hopefully NVIDIA will fix this in next release.
Hi All,
My system runs Windows 8 pro 64bit, i7 4770K, GTX670, 12GB RAM

The downgrade works kinda ok. But even playing L4D2 I had small freezing and glitches with 314.22.
Interesting thing is my sound just shutters and is unplayable. Had to kill the process or restart machine from the power button.

Eventlog spits out below for nvlddmkm:

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
0096(1ef0) 00000000 00000000

Additional downside is that Battlefield4 crashes at start with driver 314.22. So have to go to the last recent. (as of today 334.89)

Hopefully NVIDIA will fix this in next release.

Posted 02/23/2014 11:41 AM   
So I seemed to fix my problem with this issue and I didn't have to down clock the card either so happy :). First I uninstalled all the drivers and removed everything to do with nvidia off the computer. I then installed the latest, went through custom and only selected the Graphics drivers, PhysX and geforce experience. I clicked perform clean install (as thought why not, might have missed something). I then changed "power management mode" to max pref in the Nvidia control panel and also changed PhysX settings from auto to my GPU. This seemed to fix it until I got the message playing Crysis 3 and I also got this message "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED". So had another look around google and found this. (given the steps below if you don't want to have a look at the website) http://supercomputers1tech.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/how-to-solve-dxgierrordeviceremoved.html So I went into the power options in windows and went to advanced. Went down to PCI express > Link State Power Management and changed it to off, clicked apply and ok. Since then no issues what so ever. Not sure if this will work for other but thought I should share.
So I seemed to fix my problem with this issue and I didn't have to down clock the card either so happy :).

First I uninstalled all the drivers and removed everything to do with nvidia off the computer. I then installed the latest, went through custom and only selected the Graphics drivers, PhysX and geforce experience. I clicked perform clean install (as thought why not, might have missed something). I then changed "power management mode" to max pref in the Nvidia control panel and also changed PhysX settings from auto to my GPU.

This seemed to fix it until I got the message playing Crysis 3 and I also got this message "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED". So had another look around google and found this. (given the steps below if you don't want to have a look at the website)

http://supercomputers1tech.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/how-to-solve-dxgierrordeviceremoved.html

So I went into the power options in windows and went to advanced. Went down to PCI express > Link State Power Management and changed it to off, clicked apply and ok.

Since then no issues what so ever. Not sure if this will work for other but thought I should share.

Posted 02/24/2014 07:20 AM   
Hi, I think it is a power supply problem , try check your power( disconnect all usb adapters for example) I had this issue for couple of days, and this error only happened when I was playing 3d games, I tried PCI settings on my power plan but not working, so I disconnect some of my usb devices( I had 9 usb devices connected on my machine at the same time) and it is fine now.
Hi, I think it is a power supply problem , try check your power( disconnect all usb adapters for example)

I had this issue for couple of days, and this error only happened when I was playing 3d games, I tried PCI settings on my power plan but not working, so I disconnect some of my usb devices( I had 9 usb devices connected on my machine at the same time) and it is fine now.

Posted 04/15/2014 01:56 PM   
Sorry it is not a PSU issue i tryed it on three different Psu's and i know that they all work. I have tryed the fix on the PCI-e link state and will update on my progress. PC Specs Amd 9590 Asus Rog Crosshair V Formula-Z 2x Asus Mars 760 (yes quad SLI) 16Gb Corsair Vengence Pro 2400Mhz 2 SSD hard drives Corsair AX1200i
Sorry it is not a PSU issue i tryed it on three different Psu's and i know that they all work. I have tryed the fix on the PCI-e link state and will update on my progress.

PC Specs
Amd 9590
Asus Rog Crosshair V Formula-Z
2x Asus Mars 760 (yes quad SLI)
16Gb Corsair Vengence Pro 2400Mhz
2 SSD hard drives
Corsair AX1200i

Posted 05/28/2014 05:28 PM   
Having same issue Windows 8.1 64bit Geforce gtx 550 ti Been doing this for three days wondering what the issue is and if they have found a fix for it yet.
Having same issue Windows 8.1 64bit
Geforce gtx 550 ti
Been doing this for three days wondering what the issue is and if they have found a fix for it yet.

Posted 11/11/2014 09:38 PM   
same problem for me also on 8.1 pro with 780 sli
same problem for me also on 8.1 pro with 780 sli

Posted 11/28/2014 09:20 PM   
Same problem here with MSI GTX 770 SLI 8.1 Pro Here 2 youtube movies to show the problems: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11iULeb-c7A[/url] [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6vELtBcIJ0[/url]
Same problem here with MSI GTX 770 SLI 8.1 Pro

Here 2 youtube movies to show the problems:

rel="nofollow" target = "_blank">
rel="nofollow" target = "_blank">

Posted 12/01/2014 07:39 AM   
Same Here :( Happened 2 Times :(
Same Here :(
Happened 2 Times :(

Posted 12/07/2014 04:41 AM   
I have the NVIDIA GTX 970. Been experiencing this problem for 3 weeks (got this computer brand new at the end of February!) and honestly, it seems to be getting worse. I could play World of Warcraft for at least 20 minutes before the card crashed. Now I can't go more than 3 minutes. I've spent hours upon hours researching this issue online. No one knows a true fix. Ridiculous.
I have the NVIDIA GTX 970. Been experiencing this problem for 3 weeks (got this computer brand new at the end of February!) and honestly, it seems to be getting worse. I could play World of Warcraft for at least 20 minutes before the card crashed. Now I can't go more than 3 minutes. I've spent hours upon hours researching this issue online. No one knows a true fix. Ridiculous.

Posted 03/15/2015 08:09 PM   
[quote="amber101988"]I have the NVIDIA GTX 970. Been experiencing this problem for 3 weeks [/quote] Nice to see someone necro this thread, as I'm having similar problems in March of 2015 to Amber only with a 2 x 770 setup. After the event ID 14, nothing much of note appears in event viewer until the kernal-power 41 error. Several times the crash occurs I go to black screen then recover the desktop. Mostly, though, it's just unrecoverable black screens. Might as well just hit the restart button. I have upgraded my PSU, reproduced in SLI mode and with SLI disabled. At first I thought it was only when gaming at 4K resolution, but now I've reproduced it in lower gfx settings. Will post again here if any solution. Seems historically there was never a clear fix for these issues. Amber if you're getting the same type of errors and symptoms, drop a line.
amber101988 said:I have the NVIDIA GTX 970. Been experiencing this problem for 3 weeks

Nice to see someone necro this thread, as I'm having similar problems in March of 2015 to Amber only with a 2 x 770 setup.

After the event ID 14, nothing much of note appears in event viewer until the kernal-power 41 error. Several times the crash occurs I go to black screen then recover the desktop. Mostly, though, it's just unrecoverable black screens. Might as well just hit the restart button.

I have upgraded my PSU, reproduced in SLI mode and with SLI disabled. At first I thought it was only when gaming at 4K resolution, but now I've reproduced it in lower gfx settings.

Will post again here if any solution. Seems historically there was never a clear fix for these issues. Amber if you're getting the same type of errors and symptoms, drop a line.

Posted 03/22/2015 06:08 AM   
hi, i'm new. i'm having the exact same problem for months. my computer is only a year old. i've been having issues since the beginning but put it off as it wasn't giving me so many problems until now. i've always used firefox and wanted to continue using firefox. this problem is something that happens everyday, once or twice a day. i'm using firefox and it starts slowing down, can't move the cursor and my computer sounds like it's complaining. it's either a shockwave crash issue or it just freezes my computer. i have to press ctrl, alt, del, but my computer has slowed down so much that it takes forever for it to get to the task manager. when i finally do it takes forever to shut down. this has become a major headache. i've downloaded chrome and don't have a problem, except for the shockwave crashes, but at least chrome warns me that it's coming and i can take care of it before it affects my computer, and don't have to continuously restart it. i don't want to give up firefox; as it is easier to download things with it. i'm running win7 64/bit. i have win7 on my laptop and i've never had these issues. getting to the point i don't know how i can change it to 314.22, where do i download it? how do i delete the version i have now and replace it with this later version? any help would be greatly. all i need is where to go. thank you.
hi, i'm new. i'm having the exact same problem for months. my computer is only a year old. i've been having issues since the beginning but put it off as it wasn't giving me so many problems until now. i've always used firefox and wanted to continue using firefox. this problem is something that happens everyday, once or twice a day. i'm using firefox and it starts slowing down, can't move the cursor and my computer sounds like it's complaining. it's either a shockwave crash issue or it just freezes my computer. i have to press ctrl, alt, del, but my computer has slowed down so much that it takes forever for it to get to the task manager. when i finally do it takes forever to shut down. this has become a major headache. i've downloaded chrome and don't have a problem, except for the shockwave crashes, but at least chrome warns me that it's coming and i can take care of it before it affects my computer, and don't have to continuously restart it. i don't want to give up firefox; as it is easier to download things with it. i'm running win7 64/bit. i have win7 on my laptop and i've never had these issues. getting to the point i don't know how i can change it to 314.22, where do i download it? how do i delete the version i have now and replace it with this later version? any help would be greatly. all i need is where to go. thank you.

Posted 03/25/2015 10:17 PM   
I've been having this problem as well. It's causing me outrage. Someone from nvidia needs to address this, as it's completely out of control. YEARS have passed and not a single word has been said. I'm assuming it's related to the streaming service as the initial topics were having trouble with drivers around the time the service started. I have a shield tablet so I'm not just going to "turn it off" until it's fixed. Acknowledge this. Then fix it.
I've been having this problem as well. It's causing me outrage. Someone from nvidia needs to address this, as it's completely out of control. YEARS have passed and not a single word has been said. I'm assuming it's related to the streaming service as the initial topics were having trouble with drivers around the time the service started. I have a shield tablet so I'm not just going to "turn it off" until it's fixed.

Acknowledge this. Then fix it.

Posted 04/03/2015 11:11 PM   
I was able to FINALLY solve this issue on my rig by disconnecting a fan connected to a Molex connector on the same PSU cable set that is also connected to the PCI-E power connector used by my GTX 760.
I was able to FINALLY solve this issue on my rig by disconnecting a fan connected to a Molex connector on the same PSU cable set that is also connected to the PCI-E power connector used by my GTX 760.

Posted 04/18/2015 07:39 PM   
[quote=""]I was able to FINALLY solve this issue on my rig by disconnecting a fan connected to a Molex connector on the same PSU cable set that is also connected to the PCI-E power connector used by my GTX 760.[/quote] i dont' have any fans, except CPU which shall not affect, though same error.. hate it!
said:I was able to FINALLY solve this issue on my rig by disconnecting a fan connected to a Molex connector on the same PSU cable set that is also connected to the PCI-E power connector used by my GTX 760.

i dont' have any fans, except CPU which shall not affect, though same error.. hate it!

Posted 06/26/2015 05:29 AM   
as of today i dont have this issue.. shortly; i removed all drivers with DDU (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html) then installed 344.11 (i just happened to gave up on this one, before it i tried 331.65, 332.21, 335.23, 337.88, 347.09 beta, 347.09 normal) and had the whole system run over night, when i woke up i saw a message from windows update saying that some updates are waiting for your confirmation for install, one of the optional updates was WDDM 1.1,(1.2 and 1.3 all in one) from NVIDIA for my card.. it was 273mb, seemed like a driver to me, bun no info available, i gave it a try and after restart saw no error id 14 anymore.. tried playing videos and stuff - no errors.. checked the driver version with msinfo32 and it appears to be 347.52 after all these headaches, i'm really happy now and for the first time very pleased of microsoft! shame on NVIDIA for not having proper drivers set and decent support on your website..
as of today i dont have this issue.. shortly; i removed all drivers with DDU (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html) then installed 344.11 (i just happened to gave up on this one, before it i tried 331.65, 332.21, 335.23, 337.88, 347.09 beta, 347.09 normal) and had the whole system run over night, when i woke up i saw a message from windows update saying that some updates are waiting for your confirmation for install, one of the optional updates was WDDM 1.1,(1.2 and 1.3 all in one) from NVIDIA for my card.. it was 273mb, seemed like a driver to me, bun no info available, i gave it a try and after restart saw no error id 14 anymore.. tried playing videos and stuff - no errors..
checked the driver version with msinfo32 and it appears to be 347.52
after all these headaches, i'm really happy now and for the first time very pleased of microsoft! shame on NVIDIA for not having proper drivers set and decent support on your website..

Posted 06/28/2015 06:13 PM   
  6 / 10    
Scroll To Top