Event Viewer error, NvStreamSvc
This afternoon my computer was unresponsive. It took ten seconds from when I would click on an object to when the action would happen. All six cores of my 3930K were pegged at 40% usage with a bunch of nv processes showing in the task manager. I checked out the event viewer and saw over 20 instances of the following error, corresponding to the same time my computer was unresponsive. The event viewer error was: The description for Event ID 1 from source NvStreamSvc cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. Prime 95 doesn't even cause the crippling of my system like this did. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: NvStreamSvc NvVAD initialization failed [6]
This afternoon my computer was unresponsive. It took ten seconds from when I would click on an object to when the action would happen. All six cores of my 3930K were pegged at 40% usage with a bunch of nv processes showing in the task manager. I checked out the event viewer and saw over 20 instances of the following error, corresponding to the same time my computer was unresponsive. The event viewer error was:

The description for Event ID 1 from source NvStreamSvc cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. Prime 95 doesn't even cause the crippling of my system like this did.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

NvStreamSvc
NvVAD initialization failed [6]

Posted 08/23/2013 10:40 PM   
Didn't mention I'm running the 326.80 beta driver.
Didn't mention I'm running the 326.80 beta driver.

Posted 08/23/2013 11:01 PM   
I have the same issue.
I have the same issue.

Posted 08/26/2013 06:12 AM   
The issue seems to be because of the NVIDIA Stream Service included with GFE 1.6. Try disabling it within Windows Services and check if it helps.
The issue seems to be because of the NVIDIA Stream Service included with GFE 1.6. Try disabling it within Windows Services and check if it helps.

Mobo: ASUS P9X79
CPU: Intel Core I7 3820 @ 3.6 GHz
RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600 MHz
Graphics Card: Zotac GTX 680 SLI
PSU: Corsair 850 W Gold Certified Single Rail.
Monitors: 3*ASUS VG278H
Driver version: 335.23
NVIDIA SHIELD

Posted 08/26/2013 02:12 PM   
I haven't had the lock up and unresponsive computer event occur again. I am still getting errors in the event log but no negative effects from the errors.
I haven't had the lock up and unresponsive computer event occur again. I am still getting errors in the event log but no negative effects from the errors.

Posted 08/29/2013 12:02 AM   
I stopped the error from showing up in event viewer by going to computer manager, services, and disabling NVIDIA Streamer Service.
I stopped the error from showing up in event viewer by going to computer manager, services, and disabling NVIDIA Streamer Service.

Posted 10/24/2013 03:07 PM   
There's several threads regarding this.
There's several threads regarding this.

AMD FX-8150 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus Sabertooth 990FX | Noctua NH-D14 | 2x4GB + 2x2GB Patriot Viper Xtreme DDR3 1866 | MSI Geforce GTX 670 | AZZA Hurrican 2000R | PC Power & Cooling 750W | 2x120GB Intel X25-M RAID0 | 2x600GB WD VelociRaptor 10K RAID0 | 2TB Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 5900 | Windows 7 Professional x64 | Onkyo TX-SR805 | Panasonic TH-42PZ80U

Posted 10/24/2013 10:09 PM   
The last update did not fix this issue. Event viewer still generating the error . Disable NVIDIA Stream Service in Services.
The last update did not fix this issue. Event viewer still generating the error . Disable NVIDIA Stream Service in Services.

Posted 11/25/2013 07:49 PM   
I have had the same issue since 31 Dec, 2013. From the Win 7 (64) log I found this error message: NvVAD initialization failed [6]: ----------------- [i]The description for Event ID 1 from source NvStreamSvc can not be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on this computer or the installation is corrupted. Install or repair the component on the computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information is saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: NvStreamSvc NvVAD initialization failed [6][/i] ----------------------------------- It's just a couple of days ago I installed the new Nvdia Driver 332.21. My graphic card is: ASUS GTX 560 TI CUll Thanks Tomas
I have had the same issue since 31 Dec, 2013. From the Win 7 (64) log I found this error message:
NvVAD initialization failed [6]:
-----------------
The description for Event ID 1 from source NvStreamSvc can not be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on this computer or the installation is corrupted. Install or repair the component on the computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information is saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

NvStreamSvc
NvVAD initialization failed [6]

-----------------------------------
It's just a couple of days ago I installed the new Nvdia Driver 332.21. My graphic card is:
ASUS GTX 560 TI CUll
Thanks
Tomas

Posted 01/31/2014 08:42 AM   
Scroll To Top