Wagnard Tools (DDU,GMP,TDR Manipulator, *new* CPU Core Analyzer)-(Updated 10/15/2017)
  1 / 77    
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) / Cleaner made for Display Drivers.(NVIDIA/AMD/INTEL) Display Driver Uninstaller is a driver removal utility that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA/INTEL graphics card drivers and packages from your system, trying to remove all leftovers (including registry keys, folders and files, driver store). The AMD/NVIDIA/INTEL video drivers can normally be uninstalled from the Windows Control panel, this driver uninstaller program was designed to be used in cases where the standard driver uninstall fails, or when you need to thoroughly delete NVIDIA and ATI video card drivers. The current effect after you use this driver removal tool will be similar as if its the first time you install a new driver just like a fresh, clean install of Windows. As with any tool of this kind, we recommend creating a new system restore point before using it, so that you can revert your system at any time if you run into problems. If you have problem installing older driver or newer one, give it a try as there are some reports that it fix those problems. [u]RECOMMENDED USAGE :[/u] Recommended usage: -The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best. -Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe). -It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues. -You do NOT need to uninstall the driver prior using DDU. [u]Keep note that NVIDIA/AMD/INTEL did not have anything to do with this, I do not work at or for NVIDIA/AMD/INTEL and they should not be held responsible for anything that may go wrong with this application. [/u] [u]System Requirements:[/u] .NET framework 3.0 or higher. Windows XP up to 10 is supported X86/X64 (Windows 10 insider preview is at your own risk) DOWNLOAD : (note: some anti-virus report false positive sometime.) [URL="http://www.wagnardsoft.com"]DOWNLOAD Latest version HERE[/URL] SOURCE : [URL="https://github.com/Wagnard/display-drivers-uninstaller"][B]GitHub[/B][/URL] -----------------------------------------------------------------
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) / Cleaner made for Display Drivers.(NVIDIA/AMD/INTEL)

Display Driver Uninstaller is a driver removal utility that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA/INTEL graphics card drivers and packages from your system, trying to remove all leftovers (including registry keys, folders and files, driver store).

The AMD/NVIDIA/INTEL video drivers can normally be uninstalled from the Windows Control panel, this driver uninstaller program was designed to be used in cases where the standard driver uninstall fails, or when you need to thoroughly delete NVIDIA and ATI video card drivers.

The current effect after you use this driver removal tool will be similar as if its the first time you install a new driver just like a fresh, clean install of Windows. As with any tool of this kind, we recommend creating a new system restore point before using it, so that you can revert your system at any time if you run into problems.

If you have problem installing older driver or newer one, give it a try as there are some reports that it fix those problems.

RECOMMENDED USAGE :

Recommended usage:
-The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
-Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
-It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.
-You do NOT need to uninstall the driver prior using DDU.

Keep note that NVIDIA/AMD/INTEL did not have anything to do with this, I do not work at or for NVIDIA/AMD/INTEL and they should not be held responsible for anything that may go wrong with this application.

System Requirements:

.NET framework 3.0 or higher.

Windows XP up to 10 is supported X86/X64 (Windows 10 insider preview is at your own risk)

DOWNLOAD : (note: some anti-virus report false positive sometime.)

DOWNLOAD Latest version HERE

SOURCE : GitHub

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) : Here

Proud member of Nvidia Beta Program.

-Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
-CPU: I7-6700K (All stock clock)
-PSU: Corsair 1000watt
-RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Memory Kit Model F4-2133C15D-16GRR
-GPU : 1x MSI nVidia GTX 1080 Gaming 8G (bios : 86.04.17.00.8B)
-Monitor : Asus VH242H (a 60Hz Monitor)
-HDD: Samsung SSD 950 PRO 512GB + 2TB HDD Western Digital
-NVCP: All default.
-I have the Oculus Rift !

Posted 07/07/2013 08:52 AM   
What is GiveMePower? GiveMePower (GMP) is a tool that will give you "System Level" privilege for the application you will open with it. "System Level" privilege are similar to "Root" under Linux system. It has all the power of the "administrator" account and the advantage that most files / registry keys / etc... on our system already have full control for system account and by so, does not required us to take ownership/ modifying permission like we would have to do with a normal admin account. The biggest advantage of "GMP" is that it give you access to almost everything without the need to modify the permission / ownership of the object you try to see / modify. You can see the effect of this by looking at Task Manager in windows. You will see that the application you opened with GMP is running with the user name "System". DDU (for example) is using the same technique to clean systems of drivers. Typical usage : -Can help installing a driver that have permission access/denied problem. -Accessing previously inaccessible registry region with "regedit". -System files edit. -Anything you think of that required higher privileges. GMP is a powerful and [u][b]dangerous utility[/b][/u]. It should only be used by users who known what they are doing. Some application were not made to have this kind of system privilege and may do react unexpectedly; so be careful. Here is a simple test to show you a bit of what it can do: -Open "regedit" (With an Admin account) and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY. It should be empty. -Now close "regedit" -Reopen it with GMP and go to the same key. You will now see that it has subkeys and you can access them. This Impossible with Admin account only without modifying permission / taking ownership etc... [u][b]Requirements:[/b][/u] -.NetFramework 2.0 or higher -Supports Windows XP up to Windows 8.1 -32/64 bit support [b][u]Download[/u][/b]: http://www.wagnardmobile.com
What is GiveMePower?

GiveMePower (GMP) is a tool that will give you "System Level" privilege for the application you will open with it.
"System Level" privilege are similar to "Root" under Linux system.

It has all the power of the "administrator" account and the advantage that most files / registry keys / etc... on our system already have full control for system account and by so, does not required us to take ownership/ modifying permission like we would have to do with a normal admin account.

The biggest advantage of "GMP" is that it give you access to almost everything without the need to modify the permission / ownership of the object you try to see / modify.

You can see the effect of this by looking at Task Manager in windows. You will see that the application you opened with GMP is running with the user name "System".

DDU (for example) is using the same technique to clean systems of drivers.

Typical usage :
-Can help installing a driver that have permission access/denied problem.
-Accessing previously inaccessible registry region with "regedit".
-System files edit.
-Anything you think of that required higher privileges.

GMP is a powerful and dangerous utility. It should only be used by users who known what they are doing.
Some application were not made to have this kind of system privilege and may do react unexpectedly; so be careful.

Here is a simple test to show you a bit of what it can do:

-Open "regedit" (With an Admin account) and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY.
It should be empty.

-Now close "regedit"

-Reopen it with GMP and go to the same key.
You will now see that it has subkeys and you can access them.

This Impossible with Admin account only without modifying permission / taking ownership etc...

Requirements:
-.NetFramework 2.0 or higher
-Supports Windows XP up to Windows 8.1
-32/64 bit support

Download: http://www.wagnardmobile.com

-RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Memory Kit Model F4-2133C15D-16GRR

Posted 07/07/2013 09:10 AM   
Tdr Manipulator is a tool to enable / disable and control the Windows TDR behavior. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [b][i]Warning! Please READ.[/i][/b] [b]Use only if you know what you are doing and are a PowerUsers. Standard users with not a lot of computer skills should stay away.[/b] After Testing, I recommend to set back to Default. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For those having TDR ( display driver stopped responding and has recovered ) and those with BSODs with VideoTDR timeout (0x116 , 0x117), this tool may help you workaround around your issue and is usually used for debugging. [b]I recommend trying this when you tried all others solutions. (checking heat, down-clocking, etc...)[/b] Please note that changing the TDR value of windows is only a *[u]workaround[/u]* and should not be changed on a healthy system with healthy driver. In fact, by disabling the TDR and if it appear to fix your issues, keep in mind that it is mostly masking it. [u]Recommended usage:[/u] For the most common users, simply [b]Disable[/b] the first option. This will have either 2 effects : 1- You will be happy and no more TDR. 2- System Freeze / hang. Why Freeze or hang? because the TDR feature of Windows job is to reset the videocard driver if the Windows TDR process detect that something jammed on the GPU for too long. (this is a noob friendly explanation) For more details, refer to : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff570088(v=vs.85).aspx I provide this application for 2 reasons. #1 For some users, it is easier/safer/feel safer to do it that way than to go into regedit and doing http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff569918(v=vs.85).aspx manually. #2 Playing around with the values could help Nvidia find the problem. If a higher delay is needed to avoid a bsod 0x117 than letting nvidia know about this and what setting were changed could help them fix thi faster. TDR is a "watchdog" (Timeout Detection and Recovery of GPUs ) present since Windows Vista. If it detect that the card is taking too much time to execute something of that it feel that the GPU is in a frozen state (This is a noob friendly explanation) that the TDR will reset the GPU or some part of it (since windows 8) in an attempt to not leave the computer in a frozen state. In other words, TDR usually enhance stability. But in some case where a problem in the videodriver is making some thread to be stuck a bit too long on the GPU, that you can have some TDR (GPU reset) happening and making games crash as resetting the GPU while playing is not a good idea. by disabling TDR or play a bit with the value, it can help workaround your issues or help identifying problems. This are my personal thoughts. [img]http://imageshack.com/a/img28/7786/e6vy.jpg[/img] Minimum Requirement : -Microsoft.Net 2.0 or Higher -Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 or Higher Download Version 1.1 Changelog: Fixed a possible crash on start for some users. [URL="http://www.wagnardmobile.com/Tdr%20Manipulator/Tdr%20Manipulator%20v1.1.zip"]DOWNLOAD Latest version HERE[/URL] Please Share your results.
Tdr Manipulator is a tool to enable / disable and control the Windows TDR behavior.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning! Please READ.
Use only if you know what you are doing and are a PowerUsers. Standard users with not a lot of computer skills should stay away.
After Testing, I recommend to set back to Default.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those having TDR ( display driver stopped responding and has recovered ) and those with BSODs with VideoTDR timeout (0x116 , 0x117), this tool may help you workaround around your issue and is usually used for debugging.

I recommend trying this when you tried all others solutions. (checking heat, down-clocking, etc...)

Please note that changing the TDR value of windows is only a *workaround* and should not be changed on a healthy system with healthy driver.
In fact, by disabling the TDR and if it appear to fix your issues, keep in mind that it is mostly masking it.

Recommended usage:

For the most common users, simply Disable the first option.

This will have either 2 effects :
1- You will be happy and no more TDR.
2- System Freeze / hang.

Why Freeze or hang? because the TDR feature of Windows job is to reset the videocard driver if the Windows TDR process detect that something jammed on the GPU for too long. (this is a noob friendly explanation)
For more details, refer to : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff570088(v=vs.85).aspx

I provide this application for 2 reasons.

#1 For some users, it is easier/safer/feel safer to do it that way than to go into regedit and doing http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff569918(v=vs.85).aspx manually.

#2 Playing around with the values could help Nvidia find the problem. If a higher delay is needed to avoid a bsod 0x117 than letting nvidia know about this and what setting were changed could help them fix thi faster.

TDR is a "watchdog" (Timeout Detection and Recovery of GPUs ) present since Windows Vista. If it detect that the card is taking too much time to execute something of that it feel that the GPU is in a frozen state (This is a noob friendly explanation) that the TDR will reset the GPU or some part of it (since windows 8) in an attempt to not leave the computer in a frozen state.

In other words, TDR usually enhance stability. But in some case where a problem in the videodriver is making some thread to be stuck a bit too long on the GPU, that you can have some TDR (GPU reset) happening and making games crash as resetting the GPU while playing is not a good idea.

by disabling TDR or play a bit with the value, it can help workaround your issues or help identifying problems.

This are my personal thoughts.

Minimum Requirement :

-Microsoft.Net 2.0 or Higher
-Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 or Higher

Download Version 1.1

Changelog:
Fixed a possible crash on start for some users.

DOWNLOAD Latest version HERE

Please Share your results.

Posted 07/07/2013 08:27 PM   
Any possibility of adding a means to uninstall GeForce Experience as well since I can't seem to find a way to uninstall it normally!
Any possibility of adding a means to uninstall GeForce Experience as well since I can't seem to find a way to uninstall it normally!

Posted 07/08/2013 09:22 AM   
I will look on this. There is a way that work for me for uninstalling geforce experience. Just install the driver, go to custom and tick "Perform clean install". Un-tick geforce experience. Normally the nvidia installer will remove Geforce experience.
I will look on this.

There is a way that work for me for uninstalling geforce experience. Just install the driver, go to custom and tick "Perform clean install". Un-tick geforce experience. Normally the nvidia installer will remove Geforce experience.

Posted 07/08/2013 09:11 PM   
This is now OPENSOURCE : [URL="http://code.google.com/p/display-drivers-uninstaller/"][B]google code[/B][/URL] V1.3 Released : [URL="https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0CqLU9SU7_0WjhPM0ZQcHBiS0E/edit?usp=sharing"]DOWNLOAD V1.3 HERE[/URL] V1.3 Work for both AMD and NVIDIA
This is now OPENSOURCE : google code

V1.3 Released : DOWNLOAD V1.3 HERE

V1.3 Work for both AMD and NVIDIA

Posted 07/09/2013 02:30 PM   
Wagnard, thanks for your effort. However as i see the source from the file here: http://code.google.com/p/display-drivers-uninstaller/source/browse/trunk/%20display-drivers-uninstaller/WindowsApplication1/Form1.vb The program only removes driver using devcon and the most problematic part remains such as ignoring registry keys removal what Driver Sweeper does. You can enhance the program by adding registry key removal for leftover keys during driver uninstallation by means of Microsoft.Win32.Registry class. Good luck :)
Wagnard, thanks for your effort.

However as i see the source from the file here:

http://code.google.com/p/display-drivers-uninstaller/source/browse/trunk/%20display-drivers-uninstaller/WindowsApplication1/Form1.vb

The program only removes driver using devcon and the most problematic part remains such as ignoring registry keys removal what Driver Sweeper does. You can enhance the program by adding registry key removal for leftover keys during driver uninstallation by means of Microsoft.Win32.Registry class.

Good luck :)

Posted 07/09/2013 05:39 PM   
Yes it is intended to be added. Thanks for tip.
Yes it is intended to be added.
Thanks for tip.

Posted 07/09/2013 06:19 PM   
V1.5 Release It mostly affect NVIDIA users as I have to do some research for the Regkey to delete for AMD. For NVIDIA users its almost a complete clean. Only what remains are the driver file in windows directory (todo list). Everything else (from what I know of) is cleaned. For more detailed changelog, check the rev log on google code. First post link updated.
V1.5 Release

It mostly affect NVIDIA users as I have to do some research for the Regkey to delete for AMD.

For NVIDIA users its almost a complete clean. Only what remains are the driver file in windows directory (todo list).
Everything else (from what I know of) is cleaned.
For more detailed changelog, check the rev log on google code.
First post link updated.

Posted 07/10/2013 09:17 PM   
1.6.4 Fixed a possible "DeadLock"(Hang) of the application with people with large Driver store.
1.6.4 Fixed a possible "DeadLock"(Hang) of the application with people with large Driver store.

Posted 07/17/2013 05:58 PM   
Need this, haven't been able to update my drivers since the previous release. Although it keeps telling me it can't find devcon.exe x64 folder. Uninstalling NVIDIA driver ... Executing DEVCON Remove The system cannot find the file specified A more specific folder would be nice. I placed the devcon everywhere I thought it would go.
Need this, haven't been able to update my drivers since the previous release. Although it keeps telling me it can't find devcon.exe x64 folder.

Uninstalling NVIDIA driver ...
Executing DEVCON Remove
The system cannot find the file specified

A more specific folder would be nice. I placed the devcon everywhere I thought it would go.

Posted 07/18/2013 11:07 PM   
You probably just uncompressed the .exe You need to download the complete package and extract everything.
You probably just uncompressed the .exe You need to download the complete package and extract everything.

Posted 07/18/2013 11:09 PM   
That was it, thanks. So simple its stupid. lol
That was it, thanks. So simple its stupid. lol

Posted 07/18/2013 11:12 PM   
I hope it can fix your problem. If not , it may be the Nvidia installer fault.
I hope it can fix your problem. If not , it may be the Nvidia installer fault.

Posted 07/18/2013 11:16 PM   
Your remover worked like a charm. From what I saw, it removed what you described. Quick and simple. Rebooted after and started the new nvidia beta upate, finally took me to the click here to agree screen. Did a custom install to perform a clean install and it went straight to the install because it didn't read any previous nvidia files. Although with nvidia and their worthless stupid installer, it failed to install the nvidia update and experience crap. I don't know what it is with nvidia and their damn installer, but every time I install nvidia once and remove it, it won't install every thing correctly. Its oh well, I just needed the driver anyways.
Your remover worked like a charm. From what I saw, it removed what you described. Quick and simple. Rebooted after and started the new nvidia beta upate, finally took me to the click here to agree screen. Did a custom install to perform a clean install and it went straight to the install because it didn't read any previous nvidia files. Although with nvidia and their worthless stupid installer, it failed to install the nvidia update and experience crap. I don't know what it is with nvidia and their damn installer, but every time I install nvidia once and remove it, it won't install every thing correctly. Its oh well, I just needed the driver anyways.

Posted 07/18/2013 11:24 PM   
  1 / 77    
Scroll To Top