NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 320.18 stopped responding...
  1 / 4    
Hello, I have a problem with my video card, I've tried everything and nothing worked. While I'm playing or watching a video hard streaming, everything is locked (black screen and then back) and I get the msg: "The driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 320.18 stopped responding and has successfully recovered" Is there any way to fix this? Mauro.
Hello, I have a problem with my video card, I've tried everything and nothing worked. While I'm playing or watching a video hard streaming, everything is locked (black screen and then back) and I get the msg:

"The driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 320.18 stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

Is there any way to fix this?

Mauro.

Posted 06/06/2013 09:30 PM   
I get this when playing World of warcraft, Dota 2 and Dragon's prophet, such a pain not being able to play my favourite games. I've tried so many things but just doesn't seem to fix.
I get this when playing World of warcraft, Dota 2 and Dragon's prophet, such a pain not being able to play my favourite games.

I've tried so many things but just doesn't seem to fix.

Posted 06/07/2013 12:19 AM   
I would like some help with this also. I have tried reverting to the previous driver, uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling etc. Can not get it to stop, cant play any games. Tested on multiple games, LoL, WoW, Metro a few others all having the same issue
I would like some help with this also. I have tried reverting to the previous driver, uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling etc. Can not get it to stop, cant play any games. Tested on multiple games, LoL, WoW, Metro a few others all having the same issue

Posted 06/07/2013 12:14 PM   
Try play your games on Windows XP. Many newbies think Windows 7/8 is best for gaming, but this is not always the case.
Try play your games on Windows XP. Many newbies think Windows 7/8 is best for gaming, but this is not always the case.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 06/07/2013 12:34 PM   
I have same problem with Dragon's Prophet (this game is not supporting xp). When i check gpu usage it's 0% (have win 7 and graphics 9400m g)
I have same problem with Dragon's Prophet (this game is not supporting xp). When i check gpu usage it's 0%
(have win 7 and graphics 9400m g)

Posted 06/07/2013 02:38 PM   
[quote="serafin72"]this game is not supporting xp[/quote] That's too bad, because Windows XP does not suffer from this "driver not responding" issue. This problem is new to Windows Vista and higher.
serafin72 said:this game is not supporting xp

That's too bad, because Windows XP does not suffer from this "driver not responding" issue. This problem is new to Windows Vista and higher.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 06/07/2013 03:25 PM   
Well to be honest i never had the issue until the lastest driver update. All the same i will try out playing games in the xp mode and give an update thanks for the heads up
Well to be honest i never had the issue until the lastest driver update. All the same i will try out playing games in the xp mode and give an update thanks for the heads up

Posted 06/07/2013 04:09 PM   
Alrighty, tried all the games in xp mode, still getting rather frequent "driver not responding" issue
Alrighty, tried all the games in xp mode, still getting rather frequent "driver not responding" issue

Posted 06/07/2013 05:55 PM   
I have the same problem with my gtx 560 can someone help please
I have the same problem with my gtx 560 can someone help please

Posted 06/08/2013 01:04 PM   
same problem here with firefox browsing and when playing games - no problem with driver 314.xx
same problem here with firefox browsing and when playing games - no problem with driver 314.xx

Posted 06/08/2013 03:13 PM   
Well i solved my problem. After running a few tests on my system i found my CPU was overheating ~90-100 degrees. After cleaning the pc out and fixing a CPU fan the problems stopped. Thanks for everyone that tried to help.
Well i solved my problem. After running a few tests on my system i found my CPU was overheating ~90-100 degrees. After cleaning the pc out and fixing a CPU fan the problems stopped. Thanks for everyone that tried to help.

Posted 06/09/2013 01:32 AM   
Yea..not playing game also crash with firefox / google crome and probalby Youtube crash...
Yea..not playing game also crash with firefox / google crome and probalby Youtube crash...

Posted 06/09/2013 01:42 AM   
Crash with everything basically, fix it plz
Crash with everything basically, fix it plz

Posted 06/11/2013 04:02 AM   
[quote="nvtweakman"]Try play your games on Windows XP. Many newbies think Windows 7/8 is best for gaming, but this is not always the case.[/quote] BUT the thing is that games are dropping support for XP now, because Microsoft does not even support it anymore...Just look at some of the system requirements on new games, Vista is the lowest. AND no..it is not an OS problem...it's 320.xx drivers. What rock you living under?
nvtweakman said:Try play your games on Windows XP. Many newbies think Windows 7/8 is best for gaming, but this is not always the case.

BUT the thing is that games are dropping support for XP now, because Microsoft does not even support it anymore...Just look at some of the system requirements on new games, Vista is the lowest.

AND no..it is not an OS problem...it's 320.xx drivers. What rock you living under?

i5-2500, Biostar TP67XE B3 mobo, 16GB G Skill 1333, 500GB Samsung 840 SSD (Games), 180GB Intel 330 SSD (OS and Programs), 500GB Western Digital HDD, MSI GTX 780, Creative Sound Blaster Zx, Cooler Master Storm Scout, Cooler Master Hyper N 520, Windows 8,1 64 bit.

Posted 06/13/2013 05:54 AM   
I'm using a 560 Ti and my driver crashes a few times per day. Its getting annoying as hell, and I don't want to see my video card get damaged because of this crap. What drivers do other 500 series users use until Nvidia fixes this? Edit: Reading other posts in here I guess I should mention it hasn't happened yet during gameplay, it happens when I'm using Chrome. Its caused 2 BSODs so far, the second one happened after my screen started screwing up big time.
I'm using a 560 Ti and my driver crashes a few times per day. Its getting annoying as hell, and I don't want to see my video card get damaged because of this crap. What drivers do other 500 series users use until Nvidia fixes this?

Edit: Reading other posts in here I guess I should mention it hasn't happened yet during gameplay, it happens when I'm using Chrome. Its caused 2 BSODs so far, the second one happened after my screen started screwing up big time.

Posted 06/13/2013 06:06 AM   
  1 / 4    
Scroll To Top