What to expect from Geforce GTX 800 Series?
  1 / 2    
After it was revealed that the "New" Serie Geforce GTX 700, is nothing more than a new name for the Current GPUs Series GK104 and GK110, what you want to TRUE new generation of Nvidia GPUs? With the New Consoles appearing at the end of the year, and companies like EA games, already began to forget the PC again. Proof of this is the new FIFA 2014 is released for PC, using the old engine, instead of the new engine, available only for the new consoles. I sincerely hope that Nvidia do "miracles" in the new GPUs, because the PC will need all the strength and support, not to fall back into oblivion ....
After it was revealed that the "New" Serie Geforce GTX 700, is nothing more than a new name for the Current GPUs Series GK104 and GK110, what you want to TRUE new generation of Nvidia GPUs?

With the New Consoles appearing at the end of the year, and companies like EA games, already began to forget the PC again. Proof of this is the new FIFA 2014 is released for PC, using the old engine, instead of the new engine, available only for the new consoles.

I sincerely hope that Nvidia do "miracles" in the new GPUs, because the PC will need all the strength and support, not to fall back into oblivion ....

Posted 05/27/2013 02:25 PM   
They will be faster and more efficient, like any new generation - that's all I expect from them. To be honest the current generation is plenty to run games for the next few years. New GPUs are not an incentive for devs to release games on PC since they want money, and you get money by catering to the lowest common denominator.
They will be faster and more efficient, like any new generation - that's all I expect from them.
To be honest the current generation is plenty to run games for the next few years. New GPUs are not an incentive for devs to release games on PC since they want money, and you get money by catering to the lowest common denominator.

660GTX
i5 3300 @ 3.0Ghz
8GB RAM

Posted 05/27/2013 04:32 PM   
You can expect quite a wait, for one thing...
You can expect quite a wait, for one thing...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme (125 MHz) | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme (37/38/39/40x Turbo Mode w/Hyperthreading) | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV (1666 MHz) | NVIDIA GTX 970 SLI (1324/1450/3938) | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti (972/1037/3456) (PhysX) | 16 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\) | 2x 240 GB Intel Dale Crest SSDs (OS and UserData) | 2x 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs in SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSD (Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 788 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 05/27/2013 05:20 PM   
[quote="jaafaman"]You can expect quite a wait, for one thing...[/quote] I imagine in another 12 months or so
jaafaman said:You can expect quite a wait, for one thing...

I imagine in another 12 months or so

=Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.80GHZ=Asus Sabertooth Mark I Z97=
=Avexir Blitz 1.1 Original 16GB 2500MHZ=Asus Xonar Phoebus=
=OCUK GTX 980 4GB 1500/2000=Corsair Neutron XT 960GB=
=Corsair Graphite 780T Black=Windows 8.1 Professional 64 B.E=

Posted 05/27/2013 06:45 PM   
I hope more and more power over than consoles. If gtx 680 have more than 2 x ps4 in giga flops, I hope 8 x more than consoles to expand the power of graphic games. Beauty is also important for a game, the wii u games are very well crafted. So nvidia, along with the new intel 4770 will be in 2 or 3 generations ahead.
I hope more and more power over than consoles. If gtx 680 have more than 2 x ps4 in giga flops, I hope 8 x more than consoles to expand the power of graphic games. Beauty is also important for a game, the wii u games are very well crafted. So nvidia, along with the new intel 4770 will be in 2 or 3 generations ahead.

Posted 05/29/2013 11:45 AM   
[quote="xxkolibrixx"]I hope more and more power over than consoles. If gtx 680 have more than 2 x ps4 in giga flops, I hope 8 x more than consoles to expand the power of graphic games. Beauty is also important for a game, the wii u games are very well crafted. So nvidia, along with the new intel 4770 will be in 2 or 3 generations ahead.[/quote] All this power literally means nothing if there are no demanding games to push the limits of your card. So you can run TF2 at 50000fps, great. Nothing matters until game devs start developing with PC in mind, which is likely not for LONG time.
xxkolibrixx said:I hope more and more power over than consoles. If gtx 680 have more than 2 x ps4 in giga flops, I hope 8 x more than consoles to expand the power of graphic games. Beauty is also important for a game, the wii u games are very well crafted. So nvidia, along with the new intel 4770 will be in 2 or 3 generations ahead.

All this power literally means nothing if there are no demanding games to push the limits of your card.
So you can run TF2 at 50000fps, great. Nothing matters until game devs start developing with PC in mind, which is likely not for LONG time.

660GTX
i5 3300 @ 3.0Ghz
8GB RAM

Posted 05/29/2013 03:58 PM   
Ummmmm, clearly TF2 isn't demanding on games....and you haven't played any benchmarks for graphics like Crysis 3, Battlefield 3, or Metro...especially for people like me with 120hz or 144hz monitors that can handle double the frame rate (3d players as well). Also, you can't forget those with multiple monitors. Even if you have 2 GTX 690's in SLI, it still wouldn't be enough to run Crysis 3 smoothly at 144hz with trip monitors or on 3D with maxed out settings. Do your research
Ummmmm, clearly TF2 isn't demanding on games....and you haven't played any benchmarks for graphics like Crysis 3, Battlefield 3, or Metro...especially for people like me with 120hz or 144hz monitors that can handle double the frame rate (3d players as well). Also, you can't forget those with multiple monitors. Even if you have 2 GTX 690's in SLI, it still wouldn't be enough to run Crysis 3 smoothly at 144hz with trip monitors or on 3D with maxed out settings.

Do your research

Posted 06/24/2013 03:15 AM   
[quote="GPUCrazy"]After it was revealed that the "New" Serie Geforce GTX 700, is nothing more than a new name for the Current GPUs Series GK104 and GK110, what you want to TRUE new generation of Nvidia GPUs? With the New Consoles appearing at the end of the year, and companies like EA games, already began to forget the PC again. Proof of this is the new FIFA 2014 is released for PC, using the old engine, instead of the new engine, available only for the new consoles. I sincerely hope that Nvidia do "miracles" in the new GPUs, because the PC will need all the strength and support, not to fall back into oblivion ....[/quote] The fact that EA refuses to give us Next gen version of fifa has nothing to do with the power of our pc. Then how are they giving us pc versions of Mirror edge 2 and Star wars battlefront 3 that are also next gen games? Or how Ubisoft is releasing The Crew on pc if it wanst as powerful as next gen consoles? Not to mention that CD Project said that Witcher 3 will run at 30 fps on console and 60 on pc simple because console will still be not as powerful as high enc pc. And recetly wwe saw that some companies who were tradionaly not releasingt their pc recently started to release their games on it(konami will release the new metal gear and castlevania games, mortal kombat 9 announced and injustice god amog us hinted for pc also, namco release dark souls and new pacman game on pc, e.t.c) as you see more and more companies are coming to pc not forgeting about it. Our PC are already a lot more poerful than consoles dont worry about that. Console will never be able to run the games so good as pc simile because evry year new gpus are coming to pc while console takes more than 6 years until a new one is released!!
GPUCrazy said:After it was revealed that the "New" Serie Geforce GTX 700, is nothing more than a new name for the Current GPUs Series GK104 and GK110, what you want to TRUE new generation of Nvidia GPUs?

With the New Consoles appearing at the end of the year, and companies like EA games, already began to forget the PC again. Proof of this is the new FIFA 2014 is released for PC, using the old engine, instead of the new engine, available only for the new consoles.

I sincerely hope that Nvidia do "miracles" in the new GPUs, because the PC will need all the strength and support, not to fall back into oblivion ....

The fact that EA refuses to give us Next gen version of fifa has nothing to do with the power of our pc. Then how are they giving us pc versions of Mirror edge 2 and Star wars battlefront 3 that are also next gen games? Or how Ubisoft is releasing The Crew on pc if it wanst as powerful as next gen consoles? Not to mention that CD Project said that Witcher 3 will run at 30 fps on console and 60 on pc simple because console will still be not as powerful as high enc pc. And recetly wwe saw that some companies who were tradionaly not releasingt their pc recently started to release their games on it(konami will release the new metal gear and castlevania games, mortal kombat 9 announced and injustice god amog us hinted for pc also, namco release dark souls and new pacman game on pc, e.t.c) as you see more and more companies are coming to pc not forgeting about it. Our PC are already a lot more poerful than consoles dont worry about that. Console will never be able to run the games so good as pc simile because evry year new gpus are coming to pc while console takes more than 6 years until a new one is released!!

I AM THE SHREDDER!!

PC SPECS:
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P5 P67 LE
CPU: CORE I5 2500K 3,3 GHZ
RAM: 12 GB DDR 3 1600 MHZ
GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI TWIN FRONZ II OC 2GB

Posted 06/24/2013 08:18 PM   
I suspect that the new architecture will most likely be a smaller production process on a larger dye (as is usual for nvidia) yielding more processor streams, CUDA cores and ROPs. I hope that a 512bit memory bus for the 870 880 cards and 384bit for 760's. 7-8GHz GDDR5 as we already see on the current 770 780. Also I suspect some use of conventional RAM for bigger buffers maybe possible like DX11.2 but GPU controlled as apposed to windows and CPU. I think that we may be looking at closer to 2GHz internal clock speeds (even if it is by GPU Boost). Of course, a massive price tag as is usual with all new products from nvidia. I know what I don't want is cards that consume more wattage and therefore produce more heat and cards that don't require a humongous case to fit them in.
I suspect that the new architecture will most likely be a smaller production process on a larger dye (as is usual for nvidia) yielding more processor streams, CUDA cores and ROPs. I hope that a 512bit memory bus for the 870 880 cards and 384bit for 760's. 7-8GHz GDDR5 as we already see on the current 770 780. Also I suspect some use of conventional RAM for bigger buffers maybe possible like DX11.2 but GPU controlled as apposed to windows and CPU. I think that we may be looking at closer to 2GHz internal clock speeds (even if it is by GPU Boost).

Of course, a massive price tag as is usual with all new products from nvidia.

I know what I don't want is cards that consume more wattage and therefore produce more heat and cards that don't require a humongous case to fit them in.

CoolerMaster CM 690 Elite v2
XFX 850W BE PSU
MSI Z77a-GD65
i5 3750K @ 4.5GHz & Phantecs PH-TC12PE (29deg Idle 60deg u/Load)
16GB Corsair Vengence LP 2133MHz
1 x GigaByte GTX 760 OC WF3 2GB (Base 1170 Boost 1235 Mem 6.6GHZ)
1 x GigaByte GTX 460 WF2 1GB PhysX
4 x OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 2 x RAID0
24" LG IPS LED Screen 1080p

Benchmark Results: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6941963

Posted 06/26/2013 11:58 AM   
[quote="Dicehunter"][quote="jaafaman"]You can expect quite a wait, for one thing...[/quote] I imagine in another 12 months or so[/quote] Geforce 800 (codenamed Maxwell) will be released in 2014 according to this [img]http://cdn2.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/NVIDIA-2014-635x357.jpg[/img]
Dicehunter said:
jaafaman said:You can expect quite a wait, for one thing...

I imagine in another 12 months or so

Geforce 800 (codenamed Maxwell) will be released in 2014 according to this

Intel Core I7 4771 / Corsair RAM 16 GB DDR3 XMS3 / Gigabyte Z87-D3HP / MSI GTX 780 / Windows 8.1 64bit with latest updates

Posted 06/30/2013 01:47 PM   
come on .. fifa 14 ... ea ... ea is nominated to be the worst concern in usa :D i ll go for pes (pro evolution soccer). if fifa 14 dont come as a good pc port i wont buy it. isnt that simply? btw. the main soccer market is placed in europe and maybe this market is too "small" to invest much money into a pc port. we will see if pes 14 or fifa 14 will be the winner! i think it will be pes :) the best "soccer" game i ever had is mario soccer strikers on gamecube. thats amazing. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW1v3wizNaI[/url] gameplay > graphics .
come on .. fifa 14 ... ea ... ea is nominated to be the worst concern in usa :D

i ll go for pes (pro evolution soccer). if fifa 14 dont come as a good pc port i wont buy it. isnt that simply?
btw. the main soccer market is placed in europe and maybe this market is too "small" to invest much money into a pc port.
we will see if pes 14 or fifa 14 will be the winner! i think it will be pes :)

the best "soccer" game i ever had is mario soccer strikers on gamecube. thats amazing.
rel="nofollow" target = "_blank"> gameplay > graphics

PES will be the best because Konami will use STEAMWORKS for online and not Orign like Fifa. Also Konami has already announced that pc version of PES will be next gen and it will be the best version of the game! So go for PES!!
PES will be the best because Konami will use STEAMWORKS for online and not Orign like Fifa. Also Konami has already announced that pc version of PES will be next gen and it will be the best version of the game! So go for PES!!

I AM THE SHREDDER!!

PC SPECS:
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P5 P67 LE
CPU: CORE I5 2500K 3,3 GHZ
RAM: 12 GB DDR 3 1600 MHZ
GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI TWIN FRONZ II OC 2GB

Posted 07/02/2013 08:52 AM   
I will stick with my 580GTX until the real new generation of hardware and software come out like a 10nm chip and a DirectX 12 that or when my 580GTX start's to be unplayable on recent games
I will stick with my 580GTX until the real new generation of hardware and software come out like a 10nm chip and a DirectX 12
that or when my 580GTX start's to be unplayable on recent games

Posted 07/19/2013 08:59 PM   
[quote="xNinjaSkillz"]Ummmmm, I still think it wouldn't be enough to run Crysis 3 smoothly at 144hz with trip monitors or on 3D with maxed out settings. Do your research[/quote] Exactly!
xNinjaSkillz said:Ummmmm, I still think it wouldn't be enough to run Crysis 3 smoothly at 144hz with trip monitors or on 3D with maxed out settings.

Do your research

Exactly!

Posted 07/24/2013 04:40 PM   
[quote="piszczel_pl"][quote="xxkolibrixx"]I hope more and more power over than consoles. If gtx 680 have more than 2 x ps4 in giga flops, I hope 8 x more than consoles to expand the power of graphic games. Beauty is also important for a game, the wii u games are very well crafted. So nvidia, along with the new intel 4770 will be in 2 or 3 generations ahead.[/quote] All this power literally means nothing if there are no demanding games to push the limits of your card. So you can run TF2 at 50000fps, great. Nothing matters until game devs start developing with PC in mind, which is likely not for LONG time.[/quote] The devs are starting to get there now.
piszczel_pl said:
xxkolibrixx said:I hope more and more power over than consoles. If gtx 680 have more than 2 x ps4 in giga flops, I hope 8 x more than consoles to expand the power of graphic games. Beauty is also important for a game, the wii u games are very well crafted. So nvidia, along with the new intel 4770 will be in 2 or 3 generations ahead.

All this power literally means nothing if there are no demanding games to push the limits of your card.
So you can run TF2 at 50000fps, great. Nothing matters until game devs start developing with PC in mind, which is likely not for LONG time.

The devs are starting to get there now.

Posted 07/24/2013 04:43 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top