GeForce GT 750M issues
I recently bought a Lenovo Y500 with an Nvidia Gt 750M GDDR5 (not sli), but its not performing as well as I expected. According to all the reviews I read and watched and people in various forums it should be able to run most games on high settings other than brand new games or something like Crysis 3. For some reason my laptop cant even handle a game like Arma II or Just Cause 2 much above medium settings and I can't figure out why. On high settings it barely ever makes it up to 30fps and if there's any sort of explosion it dips into the low teens. The GPU is consistently at 96-97% when playing on these settings. This is my first gaming computer of any kind so I'm not sure exactly what to do. I did look around in the Nvidia control panel and the BIOS and wasn't able to find anything useful. Could anyone give me some advice on what to do?
I recently bought a Lenovo Y500 with an Nvidia Gt 750M GDDR5 (not sli), but its not performing as well as I expected. According to all the reviews I read and watched and people in various forums it should be able to run most games on high settings other than brand new games or something like Crysis 3. For some reason my laptop cant even handle a game like Arma II or Just Cause 2 much above medium settings and I can't figure out why. On high settings it barely ever makes it up to 30fps and if there's any sort of explosion it dips into the low teens. The GPU is consistently at 96-97% when playing on these settings. This is my first gaming computer of any kind so I'm not sure exactly what to do. I did look around in the Nvidia control panel and the BIOS and wasn't able to find anything useful. Could anyone give me some advice on what to do?

Posted 05/07/2013 12:27 PM   
nooooo ... friend will tell you my experience my English is not very good but I tell you this notebook has a trick the gpu works very badly with the start battery but if you connect the outlet to the notebook works great right now I'm playing bioshock infinity as ultra and raiden in ultra tom that if without the effect of which is ati TressFx but games run very, very fluid of sometimes an occasional lag but I least I have the same computer and I do not regret having bought greetings
nooooo ... friend will tell you my experience my English is not very good but I tell you this notebook has a trick the gpu works very badly with the start battery but if you connect the outlet to the notebook works great right now I'm playing bioshock infinity as ultra and raiden in ultra tom that if without the effect of which is ati TressFx but games run very, very fluid of sometimes an occasional lag but I least I have the same computer and I do not regret having bought greetings

Posted 05/08/2013 03:20 AM   
^Of course the 750M can run games in Ultra settings, if you play in 1366x768 or lower. Being able to max out a game at a low resolution isn't a fair example of the power of the card. But back on topic, try using a utility like GPU-Z or NVIDIA Inspector to check if the card is running at the proper clock speeds or something. Also, the 750M is equivalent to a slightly underclocked GTX 650, so don't expect too much from your card.
^Of course the 750M can run games in Ultra settings, if you play in 1366x768 or lower. Being able to max out a game at a low resolution isn't a fair example of the power of the card.

But back on topic, try using a utility like GPU-Z or NVIDIA Inspector to check if the card is running at the proper clock speeds or something. Also, the 750M is equivalent to a slightly underclocked GTX 650, so don't expect too much from your card.

Something about PC specifications.

Posted 05/09/2013 12:54 AM   
Using GPU-Z my clock speeds read higher than the listed frequency for the 750m. Does GPU-Z frequently read high? I believe it was showing 1058 vs the 967 listed for this card. That normal? I've been playing some lower end games at 1920x1080 on ultra with no issues (Diablo 3, WoW, League of Legends). Are the newer games that much more demanding?
Using GPU-Z my clock speeds read higher than the listed frequency for the 750m. Does GPU-Z frequently read high? I believe it was showing 1058 vs the 967 listed for this card. That normal?

I've been playing some lower end games at 1920x1080 on ultra with no issues (Diablo 3, WoW, League of Legends). Are the newer games that much more demanding?

Posted 05/14/2013 02:22 PM   
You need to tell this problem to your system " Gateway Support " team member for solving your problem.
You need to tell this problem to your system " Gateway Support " team member for solving your problem.

Posted 05/15/2013 09:22 AM   
I have a Y510P and these are the things you can try. (To re-install the card just go to device manager and right click the gt750 under display adapters, click uninstall, after that click scan for hardware changes and it will take a bit to install, it won't show anything though, to make sure it's installing click on add legacy hardware and it should say only one installation at a time) 1. Updating your graphics card drivers, or re-installing them. Check performance mode by clicking on battery icon, make sure it's on High performance. Right click on desktop and make sure SLI is on and "maximize 3d performance" is ticked Make sure your laptop is plugged in. Download MSI Afterburner and try overclocking your graphics card (Add 15 mhz to the core clock and 250 mhz to the memory clock) Optimize everything in the GEForce experience App. Tell me if everything fixes.
I have a Y510P and these are the things you can try. (To re-install the card just go to device manager and right click the gt750 under display adapters, click uninstall, after that click scan for hardware changes and it will take a bit to install, it won't show anything though, to make sure it's installing click on add legacy hardware and it should say only one installation at a time)
1. Updating your graphics card drivers, or re-installing them.
Check performance mode by clicking on battery icon, make sure it's on High performance.
Right click on desktop and make sure SLI is on and "maximize 3d performance" is ticked
Make sure your laptop is plugged in.
Download MSI Afterburner and try overclocking your graphics card (Add 15 mhz to the core clock and 250 mhz to the memory clock)
Optimize everything in the GEForce experience App.
Tell me if everything fixes.

My specs:
Intel 4702MQ 2.2 ghz with turbo up to 3.2 ghz
SLI GT750M with 4gb total GDDR5
16gb DDR3 1600mz
1tb 5400rpm HDD
24GB SSD
1920x1080 60HZ LCD display (15.6)

Microsoft HD 4000 mouse
Steelseries Mousepad
Beats Pro/Sol Republic Amps
JBL 1.5 watt dual speakers
Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P

Posted 07/12/2013 10:24 PM   
I am having the exact same problems, my card isn't working properly. Can't run Arma 2 on medium or WoT on low... Tried MSI afterburner and all the suggestions here? Anything else?
I am having the exact same problems, my card isn't working properly. Can't run Arma 2 on medium or WoT on low... Tried MSI afterburner and all the suggestions here? Anything else?

Posted 04/01/2014 12:22 PM   
Scroll To Top