Red Orchestra 2 and 600 series
I have numerous reports and crashes in regards to using a gtx 600 series card for the game Red Orchestra 2. I believe there maybe a incompatibility issue between the card and the game. There seems to be an increasing trend that correlates the 600 series with the game. [b]Report 1:[/b] My game has begun crashing randomly, requiring a reboot of my PC. GTX 660 TI, Core I7, 32GB of RAM, Win 8 64-Bit Ive tried reinstalling pb, deleting ini's, verifying cache and nothing works. Anyone have some insight on this?? [b]Report 2:[/b] I just tried playing for the first time in months yesterday... the first time since installing a GTX670... (Previously had 6850 CF). I'm using the newest drivers (non-beta)... and I froze about 2 minutes into a game. Frozen screen. No dump file. No auto-restart. Not overheating at all. No Ctrl+Alt+Del. Just frozen. Had to hit the reset button. I didn't try again because of the potential damage I feel it could be doing... but... I can't recall my computer EVER crashing. The worst thing my computer has ever seen is glitches from both Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider... both close to release... since they are both "Optimized for AMD" games and nVidia had a lot of hiccups with them at launch... Tomb Raider still does. But any advice would be appreciated. Specs: i5 2500K 8GB G.Skill RAM GTX670 Windows 7 64-bit [b]Report 3:[/b] Same here! The game is unplayable. Fresh installed W8 i2500k 8Gb Ram GTX680 Every driver is up to date. RIP Ro2 :/// [b]Report 4:[/b] it sounds like im having the same problem. I made my own thread and started reading on this one and it seems like we all have the same BS. It has happened around 3 times already. I will play the game for maybe 15 or 20 minutes, then my monitor will shut down and say no signal, and the on light turns to red basically meaning that the monitor is off. It only happens with RO2, i just played BF3 for maybe 40 minutes now, and it hasn’t happened there, i also played CSGO for maybe 20 or 30 and it didn’t happen there. When the problem happens, i have to do a hard shut down on my computer to restart it. I run all games on max. These are my specs: AMD FX 8120 8-core processor 3.10GHz 8GB of Ram Windows 7 64bit GeForce GTX 660TI I’ve read some other forums and someone had the same problem, but not with this game. The way he fixed it was by getting a new video card cause he had one to old. I know my rig is not the problem. I built this computer maybe 2 or 3 months ago. I’m able to run everything pretty much max with no problem, I just finished Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite on max as well, both games i played for hours without stopping. But it happens with RO2. I don't want to play it again because im afraid of any damage it might be doing. This has never happened before, Ive had game crashes in my gaming career but nothing where the damn monitor would just turn off and i would have to do a hard reset. It cant ever bring up a task manger or nothing. [b]Report 5:[/b] Same here keeps crashing (hard locking the whole system) Windows 8 pro 64 (our common factor) (6.2, build 9200) SLI Gtx 670 (latest drivers) i7 3.07 6 Gigs ram. [b]Report 6:[/b] I'm also having the same problem, game works fine for about 15-30 minutes, then it will suddenly just black out, requiring a complete system restart. No other game does anything like this even if I play 6-10h sessions, so it absolutely cannot be overheating. I have alse deleted the My Games RO2 -folder and reinstalled game multiple times, it didn't help at all. My PC specs: Processor: Intel i5 750 GPU: Nvidia GTX 670 (314.22 drivers, however I have had the crash problem for long time, so I don't think that drivers are the culprit here) Memory: 8GB Sound device: External USB DAC (also tried with HDMI sound output, didn't help) OS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit I find this really annoying, as I would really like to play RO 2, it's just completely impossible when the game crashes constantly taking my PC down with it. [b]Report 7:[/b] So yeah, I've recently re-installed RO2:HoS. On my old computer (which is 3x worst than my current one) it ran perfectly fine, but on this computer it's crashing. I'm able to get a random amount of play time, from 5 minutes - 1 hour. I'm positive this is just the game and not my system. I've been running a lot of other games and they've been treated fine by my computer. I hope this is able to be fixed because the game looks like fun to play again. Some of my specs: I'm using 2 Monitors. 660 TI Geforce 64 Bit 3.40 GHz Processor 16.0 GB Ram My tower has about 4 fans on it, so it's totally not over heating. I've also just done a verify cache on steam, I was missing 4 files, but I don't want to launch it again and got another BSoD and risk the harm to my computer. [b]Report 8:[/b] Phenom II x4 955 4gb DDR3 RAM GTX 650 ti Am able to play for a little bit then black screen. [b]Report 9:[/b] I ve got a similar issue. I just played 2 hours without any problems, but if i exit from the game no matter how, after about 5 secs i got a black or colored screen and i have to restart my computer manually. That happens to me (the third time until now) always, if i play a while. It wont happen, when i start it and go directly exit game. Never got this issue on other games before. i5 2500k - 8GB - GTX670 Phantom 314.22 - Win8Pro [b]Report 10:[/b] Same problem here. I have never even once had to use a hard reset on my rig before. Latest drivers, water cooled cpu, etc etc. i7 3930K 16 GB ram GTX 670 Win7 x64 [b]Report 11:[/b] I noticed while playing MP after 15 minutes game crashed, no BSOD just a full hard freeze, no ability to CTRL ALT Delete etc; had to reboot the system. running SLI 680 GTX's with newest beta drivers 1350 Core clock 3500 memory clock. [b]Report 12:[/b] I am having the exact same problem this game hard locks my computer, it did it about 8 times now and im forced to manually reboot my pc. Is this game damaging my pc , And is there any way to ????ing fix this ????...im currently running a GTX 680 [b]Report 13:[/b] same here running a 660Ti with the 310.90 drivers and it's crashed (total lockup) about 2-3 times in roughly 6-7 hours of play are Tripwire aware of the issue? is it being worked on? [b]Report 14:[/b] GTX 680 here. Not experienced anything after 4-5 hours of gameplay. Holding my thumbs. Lol and I crashed 1 min after posting that.. [b]Report 15:[/b] My game will randomly freeze and completely lock up my system and I have to manually shut down my system to fix it. I've disabled SLI, disabled motion blur, removed RAM from slots 2 and 4 but I'm still getting the error. I'm using the newest drivers and everything. This is the only game that this happens in. Does anyone know a fix? I've never downloaded any mods for it. If it helps I'm using the 314.07 drivers with two Evga 670s. [b]Report 16:[/b] Having the same problem, and I'm also using GTX 670. This is really annoying, I cannot really play the game at all. [b]Report 17:[/b] My game randomly hard locks my pc and I have no idea why, anyone else have this issue? Intel Core i7, GTX 660 TI, 32GB of RAM, 1,000 watt PSU, Win8 64 [b]Report 18:[/b] Ever sense i upgraded my rig 3 months ago to a Raptor HD, Intel 3770k, GTX 680 Classified, the game is extremely unstable iv tried deleting everything and reinstalling nothing helps i get steady 55-60fps and its running like its about 15fps hope they fix it. [b]Report 19:[/b] Hi all. I've read all the posts about the usual rogame.exe crash etc but here's a new one. I installed a MSI twinfrozrIII GTX660 2GB card with the latest 306.97 64bit drivers and the game randomly crashes the pc with a black screen. the monitor is on an endless on/off/on/off cycle. The only way to get the pc back again is to pull the power. sometimes it'll go 5 mins, sometimes 50 mins before the crash :( Ive tried endless reinstalls of driver and game, tried 296.10 n 306.23 older drivers, verified gamecache countless times, steam community set to off, set the pool mem at different levels, fiddled with all the settings/resolutions with hardware phys on and off. thing is every other game runs sweet; cods, arma (inc i44 and IronFront), original RO, eve, bf2 and 3. all sweet. RO2 is the only one making me loose the little hair i got left :s If I quit the game without it crashing I get the display drivers recovered message on the taskbar. The card is running cool at 32 degC idle, 35 under stresstest load. No O/C or volt tweeks. Any suggestions? Q6600 quad (stock) 2.4ghz, 8gb OCZ ram (stock) 800mhz, EVGA680i mobo, Xfi soundcard, Thermaltake 850w PSU. and a load of tears....... [b]Report 20:[/b] I have had this game hard lock my computer 3 times now and it's getting really ????ing annoying. Every time there is a repeating sound loop when it happens. The only thing I can do is unplug the computer or hold the power button till it shuts off. WTF is going on here and can it be fixed? PC specs: i7 2600 evga GTX 670 FTW (latest drivers) Win8 (up to date) 16GB ram On board sound (stock Realtek crap) [b]Report 21:[/b] PC crashes short time after starting a game So recently my pc crashes a few minutes of getting into a game and I have to manually restart the pc. Some times I think my GPU crashes because my moniter shuts off the dvi port. This has only started happening recently. Specs i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz 8gb ram Nvidia GTX 670 [b]Report 22:[/b] I think that I have the same problem as you. After maybe 3-5mins of playing the game I get a hard lock. The sound stutters and the PC freezes up. Alt+f4, alt+tab and ctrl+alt+del do nothing. I have verified my game cache via steam. I have reinstalled via steam. I have deleted all of the residual files and config files associated with RO2 before redownloading it. Nothing seems to work. I ran memtest, prime95 and furmark for 12hrs this week without an issue. This is the only game where I experience any issues like this. My OS is up to date and every driver for all of my hardware is up to date. I would post a dump file but the system shuts down before it is able to create one. It's not like I had a CTD. Here is my launch.log if that helps. http://pastebin.com/XYiYFrUF i7 920 @ 3.8 12GB ASUS GTX 670 TOP (Latest Drivers) Asus Xonar DX (Latest Drivers) Windows 8 [b]Report 23:[/b] PC lock up I am having issues with this game. While ingame I suddenly hear buzzing sound after which my PC locks up and I have to restart it. My specs: i5 3570k, AsRock z77 extreme4, Kingston hyperx blu 16 gb ddr3, Gainward GTX 660 GS. Windows 7 64bit, all driver up to date. I used Steam's option to verify integrity of game cache several times. Every time 1 file is reported damaged and Steam downloads it, but that does not help. This is the only game I have any problems with. I searched several forums about this crashing issue, among which are Tripwire's and Steam's. Many people complain about same error for months and years. It seems Tripwire is not doing much to fix what ever is causing this. It is a shame because based on a couple of hours of gameplay I managed to achieve without crashing I was very pleased with the game itself. However, I wish I checked forums first before spending my money on a product that does not work quite well. [b]Report 24:[/b] RO2 Freezing the computer Good evening, guys. I was playing RO2 without any problems past week, but now, when I join on a server, after 2 min my entire PC freezes and sound starts to looping. My Windows Error report gives me somthing related to my VGA. Assinatura do problema Nome de Evento de Problema: APPCRASH Nome do Aplicativo: Dwm.exe Versão do Aplicativo: 6.1.7600.16385 Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo: 4a5bc541 Nome do Módulo de Falhas: nvwgf2umx.dll Versão do Módulo de Falhas: 9.18.13.1090 Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas: 50de9186 Código de Exceção: c0000005 Deslocamento de Exceção: 00000000008325e0 Versão do sistema operacional: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Identificação da Localidade: 1046 Informações Adicionais 1: bf26 Informações Adicionais 2: bf2689d7b8d67d0c844db71dff4cd6f6 Informações Adicionais 3: 72ce Informações Adicionais 4: 72ce9a4938e65c6e8dda4dfe247904c6 I don´t have any kind of problems playing other games. My computer specs are: i5 2500k @4.2 8GB Corsair SanDisk 128GB SSD OS only 2x WD Blue 500GB (Programs and Games. Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 670 Nvidia 310.90 Drivers. Thanks in advance [b]Report 25:[/b] It has happened around 3 times already. I will play the game for maybe 15 or 20 minutes, then my monitor will shut down and say no signal, and the on light turns to red basically meaning that the monitor is off. It only happens with RO2, i just played BF3 for maybe 40 minutes now, and it hasn’t happened there, i also played CSGO for maybe 20 or 30 and it didn’t happen there. When the problem happens, i have to do a hard shut down on my computer to restart it. I run all games on max. These are my specs: AMD FX 8120 8-core processor 3.10GHz 8GB of Ram Windows 7 64bit GeForce GTX 660TI I’ve read some other forums and someone had the same problem, but not with this game. The way he fixed it was by getting a new video card cause he had one to old. I know my rig is not the problem. I built this computer maybe 2 or 3 months ago. I’m able to run everything pretty much max with no problem, I just finished Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite on max as well, both games i played for hours without stopping. But it happens with RO2. [b]Report 26:[/b] I get this same issue, but after playing for around two hours (so i'm not too put off from playing every single day ). Running on all high with AA turned off and ambient occlusion, light-rays and depth of field also turned off. Temperatures of CPU never go above 50 degrees C, and temp of Video card never goes above 45. Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz 4GB of RAM, not sure what make it is. NVidia GeForce GTX 650TI On the 314.07 driver This started occurring after the GOTY update, but I have switched graphics cards since then, used to have a GTX260 (but that WAS an overheating problem, the fan had packed in >.>). The screen freezes, turns black, sounds continue to play for roughly 2 seconds afterwards then they stop. Need to reset like the guy above me. Same problem here with Nvidia GTX 660 Ti. I can play sometimes about an hour or so, then it crashes; another times it lasts just five minutes... The crash type is random too: White screen and no monitor signal, RO2 exe stopped responding window, blue screen with the message: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. This is the only game that crash on my computer, so it must be something about it, not a hardware issue. [b]Report 27:[/b] I just bought this beast of a gaming laptop and I was able to start the game one time and get into a singleplayer mission, about 5 seconds into it, it crashes. I cant run the game more than 60 seconds. I've tried checking game cache integrity, restarting steam, updating video drivers, updating punkbuster, updating RO2 inside punkbuster. Nothing works !!! I'm pissed, I just bought this laptop and was hoping to really enjoy the game, finally. I bought the game the day it released and my previous PC couldn't run it over 40fps. __________________ OS: Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit System Model: MSI GT70 CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz (8 CPUs) Ram: DDR3 16GB / DX: 11 VGA: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M 4GB GDDR5 [b]Report 28:[/b] Just tested my home PC, game works just fine. So, maybe my laptop has some rare anomaly that TWI didn't take into account. Asus G75 nVidia 660M 2 GB VRAM GPU 16 GB RAM Windows 7 64 bit [b]Report 29:[/b] Hi guys, I bought RO2: HOS on this weekend and this game is amazing, but only first 2 mins of gameplay... After that I get black screen and looped sound (or screen freezes and i have looped sound) and i have to restart PC. I was trying so hard to eliminate this problem until... my Windows 8 corrupted. You probably think "Dude your CPU\GPU is overheating" but it is impossible because my CPU is water-cooled and I have hi-end lian li case with 6 120mm fans inside (computer is new). To be perfectly sure I checked temps on high load with prime 95 (I7-2600K @4,5Ghz: 56C) and Haven benchmark (GTX 680: 63C). I tried: uninstalling nvidia drivers, changing sound rate to 24 bits and 44100Hz, changing number of voices in game options, uninstalling and installing punkbuster, turning off EVGA Precision, turning off steam overlay. None of these helped me solve the problem. The only thing i came up with is that punkbuster causes the problem. I could play 8h without blackscreens and stuff on non-punkbuster servers. If you know solution to this pls help me. My specs: Windows 8 x64 with punkbastard Creative XtremeGamer (realtek on board card is turned off in BIOS) CPU: I7-2600k@ 4,5 GHz GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC Ram: 8Gb @ 1866Mhz PSU: Seasonic 850W [b]Report 30:[/b] every time i play this game im fine for about an hour then it totally fubars my computer Can this be fixed here CPU: AMD FX 6100 6-Core CPU 3.30 GHz RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz RAM MOBO: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda ODD: Samsung DVDRW GFX: Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 650Ti OC Edition 2GB PSU: Aywun 500W There is no log file in the ROgame folder, So i can't give you the dump files. though i don't think there would be because this game is not just crashing it corsing the whole computer to crash. Quote: Originally Posted by Ducky Please add your computer spec. If crashing after 1 hour, then it's probably due to an overheated GPU or CPU. My advice is to open your computer and clean the insides. Stacked dust is often the case of overheating. also brand new computer no dust, Well probubly not due to the fact your game cooked it a bit. It in a lian lee case which has hundreds of fans and every thing has been kept at stock voltage and is un overclocked so it not a case of system failure it a case of Software failure.
I have numerous reports and crashes in regards to using a gtx 600 series card for the game Red Orchestra 2. I believe there maybe a incompatibility issue between the card and the game. There seems to be an increasing trend that correlates the 600 series with the game.

Report 1:

My game has begun crashing randomly, requiring a reboot of my PC.

GTX 660 TI, Core I7, 32GB of RAM, Win 8 64-Bit

Ive tried reinstalling pb, deleting ini's, verifying cache and nothing works.

Anyone have some insight on this??

Report 2:
I just tried playing for the first time in months yesterday... the first time since installing a GTX670... (Previously had 6850 CF).

I'm using the newest drivers (non-beta)... and I froze about 2 minutes into a game.

Frozen screen. No dump file. No auto-restart. Not overheating at all. No Ctrl+Alt+Del. Just frozen.

Had to hit the reset button.

I didn't try again because of the potential damage I feel it could be doing... but... I can't recall my computer EVER crashing.

The worst thing my computer has ever seen is glitches from both Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider... both close to release... since they are both "Optimized for AMD" games and nVidia had a lot of hiccups with them at launch... Tomb Raider still does.

But any advice would be appreciated.

Specs:
i5 2500K
8GB G.Skill RAM
GTX670
Windows 7 64-bit

Report 3:
Same here! The game is unplayable.

Fresh installed W8
i2500k
8Gb Ram
GTX680
Every driver is up to date.

RIP Ro2 :///

Report 4:
it sounds like im having the same problem. I made my own thread and started reading on this one and it seems like we all have the same BS.

It has happened around 3 times already. I will play the game for maybe 15 or 20 minutes, then my monitor will shut down and say no signal, and the on light turns to red basically meaning that the monitor is off. It only happens with RO2, i just played BF3 for maybe 40 minutes now, and it hasn’t happened there, i also played CSGO for maybe 20 or 30 and it didn’t happen there.

When the problem happens, i have to do a hard shut down on my computer to restart it. I run all games on max.
These are my specs:
AMD FX 8120 8-core processor 3.10GHz
8GB of Ram
Windows 7 64bit
GeForce GTX 660TI

I’ve read some other forums and someone had the same problem, but not with this game. The way he fixed it was by getting a new video card cause he had one to old. I know my rig is not the problem. I built this computer maybe 2 or 3 months ago. I’m able to run everything pretty much max with no problem, I just finished Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite on max as well, both games i played for hours without stopping. But it happens with RO2.

I don't want to play it again because im afraid of any damage it might be doing. This has never happened before, Ive had game crashes in my gaming career but nothing where the damn monitor would just turn off and i would have to do a hard reset. It cant ever bring up a task manger or nothing.

Report 5:
Same here keeps crashing (hard locking the whole system)

Windows 8 pro 64 (our common factor) (6.2, build 9200)

SLI Gtx 670 (latest drivers)

i7 3.07

6 Gigs ram.

Report 6:
I'm also having the same problem, game works fine for about 15-30 minutes, then it will suddenly just black out, requiring a complete system restart. No other game does anything like this even if I play 6-10h sessions, so it absolutely cannot be overheating. I have alse deleted the My Games RO2 -folder and reinstalled game multiple times, it didn't help at all.

My PC specs:
Processor: Intel i5 750
GPU: Nvidia GTX 670 (314.22 drivers, however I have had the crash problem for long time, so I don't think that drivers are the culprit here)
Memory: 8GB
Sound device: External USB DAC (also tried with HDMI sound output, didn't help)

I find this really annoying, as I would really like to play RO 2, it's just completely impossible when the game crashes constantly taking my PC down with it.

Report 7:
So yeah, I've recently re-installed RO2:HoS. On my old computer (which is 3x worst than my current one) it ran perfectly fine, but on this computer it's crashing. I'm able to get a random amount of play time, from 5 minutes - 1 hour. I'm positive this is just the game and not my system. I've been running a lot of other games and they've been treated fine by my computer. I hope this is able to be fixed because the game looks like fun to play again.

Some of my specs:
I'm using 2 Monitors.
660 TI Geforce
64 Bit
3.40 GHz Processor
16.0 GB Ram
My tower has about 4 fans on it, so it's totally not over heating.

I've also just done a verify cache on steam, I was missing 4 files, but I don't want to launch it again and got another BSoD and risk the harm to my computer.

Report 8:
Phenom II x4 955
4gb DDR3 RAM
GTX 650 ti

Am able to play for a little bit then black screen.

Report 9:
I ve got a similar issue. I just played 2 hours without any problems, but if i exit from the game no matter how, after about 5 secs i got a black or colored screen and i have to restart my computer manually. That happens to me (the third time until now) always, if i play a while. It wont happen, when i start it and go directly exit game. Never got this issue on other games before.

i5 2500k - 8GB - GTX670 Phantom 314.22 - Win8Pro

Report 10:
Same problem here. I have never even once had to use a hard reset on my rig before. Latest drivers, water cooled cpu, etc etc.

i7 3930K
16 GB ram
GTX 670
Win7 x64

Report 11:
I noticed while playing MP after 15 minutes game crashed, no BSOD just a full hard freeze, no ability to CTRL ALT Delete etc; had to reboot the system. running SLI 680 GTX's with newest beta drivers 1350 Core clock 3500 memory clock.

Report 12:
I am having the exact same problem this game hard locks my computer, it did it about 8 times now and im forced to manually reboot my pc. Is this game damaging my pc , And is there any way to ????ing fix this ????...im currently running a GTX 680

Report 13:
same here
running a 660Ti with the 310.90 drivers and it's crashed (total lockup) about 2-3 times in roughly 6-7 hours of play

are Tripwire aware of the issue? is it being worked on?

Report 14:
GTX 680 here. Not experienced anything after 4-5 hours of gameplay. Holding my thumbs. Lol and I crashed 1 min after posting that..

Report 15:
My game will randomly freeze and completely lock up my system and I have to manually shut down my system to fix it. I've disabled SLI, disabled motion blur, removed RAM from slots 2 and 4 but I'm still getting the error. I'm using the newest drivers and everything. This is the only game that this happens in. Does anyone know a fix? I've never downloaded any mods for it. If it helps I'm using the 314.07 drivers with two Evga 670s.

Report 16:
Having the same problem, and I'm also using GTX 670. This is really annoying, I cannot really play the game at all.

Report 17:
My game randomly hard locks my pc and I have no idea why, anyone else have this issue? Intel Core i7, GTX 660 TI, 32GB of RAM, 1,000 watt PSU, Win8 64

Report 18:
Ever sense i upgraded my rig 3 months ago to a Raptor HD, Intel 3770k, GTX 680 Classified, the game is extremely unstable iv tried deleting everything and reinstalling nothing helps i get steady 55-60fps and its running like its about 15fps hope they fix it.

Report 19:
Hi all. I've read all the posts about the usual rogame.exe crash etc but here's a new one.
I installed a MSI twinfrozrIII GTX660 2GB card with the latest 306.97 64bit drivers and the game randomly crashes the pc with a black screen. the monitor is on an endless on/off/on/off cycle. The only way to get the pc back again is to pull the power. sometimes it'll go 5 mins, sometimes 50 mins before the crash :(
Ive tried endless reinstalls of driver and game, tried 296.10 n 306.23 older drivers, verified gamecache countless times, steam community set to off, set the pool mem at different levels, fiddled with all the settings/resolutions with hardware phys on and off. thing is every other game runs sweet; cods, arma (inc i44 and IronFront), original RO, eve, bf2 and 3. all sweet. RO2 is the only one making me loose the little hair i got left :s
If I quit the game without it crashing I get the display drivers recovered message on the taskbar.
The card is running cool at 32 degC idle, 35 under stresstest load. No O/C or volt tweeks.
Any suggestions?

Q6600 quad (stock) 2.4ghz, 8gb OCZ ram (stock) 800mhz, EVGA680i mobo, Xfi soundcard, Thermaltake 850w PSU. and a load of tears.......

Report 20:
I have had this game hard lock my computer 3 times now and it's getting really ????ing annoying. Every time there is a repeating sound loop when it happens. The only thing I can do is unplug the computer or hold the power button till it shuts off. WTF is going on here and can it be fixed?

PC specs:
i7 2600
evga GTX 670 FTW (latest drivers)
Win8 (up to date)
16GB ram
On board sound (stock Realtek crap)

Report 21:
PC crashes short time after starting a game
So recently my pc crashes a few minutes of getting into a game and I have to manually restart the pc. Some times I think my GPU crashes because my moniter shuts off the dvi port. This has only started happening recently.

Specs
i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz
8gb ram
Nvidia GTX 670

Report 22:
I think that I have the same problem as you. After maybe 3-5mins of playing the game I get a hard lock. The sound stutters and the PC freezes up. Alt+f4, alt+tab and ctrl+alt+del do nothing.

I have verified my game cache via steam. I have reinstalled via steam. I have deleted all of the residual files and config files associated with RO2 before redownloading it. Nothing seems to work.

I ran memtest, prime95 and furmark for 12hrs this week without an issue. This is the only game where I experience any issues like this.

My OS is up to date and every driver for all of my hardware is up to date.

I would post a dump file but the system shuts down before it is able to create one. It's not like I had a CTD. Here is my launch.log if that helps. http://pastebin.com/XYiYFrUF

i7 920 @ 3.8
12GB
ASUS GTX 670 TOP (Latest Drivers)
Asus Xonar DX (Latest Drivers)
Windows 8

Report 23:
PC lock up
I am having issues with this game. While ingame I suddenly hear buzzing sound after which my PC locks up and I have to restart it.

My specs: i5 3570k, AsRock z77 extreme4, Kingston hyperx blu 16 gb ddr3, Gainward GTX 660 GS. Windows 7 64bit, all driver up to date.

I used Steam's option to verify integrity of game cache several times. Every time 1 file is reported damaged and Steam downloads it, but that does not help.

This is the only game I have any problems with.

I searched several forums about this crashing issue, among which are Tripwire's and Steam's. Many people complain about same error for months and years. It seems Tripwire is not doing much to fix what ever is causing this.

It is a shame because based on a couple of hours of gameplay I managed to achieve without crashing I was very pleased with the game itself. However, I wish I checked forums first before spending my money on a product that does not work quite well.

Report 24:
RO2 Freezing the computer
Good evening, guys.
I was playing RO2 without any problems past week, but now, when I join on a server, after 2 min my entire PC freezes and sound starts to looping.
My Windows Error report gives me somthing related to my VGA.
Assinatura do problema
Nome de Evento de Problema: APPCRASH
Nome do Aplicativo: Dwm.exe
Versão do Aplicativo: 6.1.7600.16385
Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo: 4a5bc541
Nome do Módulo de Falhas: nvwgf2umx.dll
Versão do Módulo de Falhas: 9.18.13.1090
Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas: 50de9186
Código de Exceção: c0000005
Deslocamento de Exceção: 00000000008325e0
Versão do sistema operacional: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Identificação da Localidade: 1046
Informações Adicionais 1: bf26
Informações Adicionais 2: bf2689d7b8d67d0c844db71dff4cd6f6
Informações Adicionais 3: 72ce
Informações Adicionais 4: 72ce9a4938e65c6e8dda4dfe247904c6

I don´t have any kind of problems playing other games.
My computer specs are:
i5 2500k @4.2
8GB Corsair
SanDisk 128GB SSD OS only
2x WD Blue 500GB (Programs and Games.
Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 670
Nvidia 310.90 Drivers.

Thanks in advance

Report 25:
It has happened around 3 times already. I will play the game for maybe 15 or 20 minutes, then my monitor will shut down and say no signal, and the on light turns to red basically meaning that the monitor is off. It only happens with RO2, i just played BF3 for maybe 40 minutes now, and it hasn’t happened there, i also played CSGO for maybe 20 or 30 and it didn’t happen there.

When the problem happens, i have to do a hard shut down on my computer to restart it. I run all games on max.
These are my specs:
AMD FX 8120 8-core processor 3.10GHz
8GB of Ram
Windows 7 64bit
GeForce GTX 660TI

I’ve read some other forums and someone had the same problem, but not with this game. The way he fixed it was by getting a new video card cause he had one to old. I know my rig is not the problem. I built this computer maybe 2 or 3 months ago. I’m able to run everything pretty much max with no problem, I just finished Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite on max as well, both games i played for hours without stopping. But it happens with RO2.

Report 26:
I get this same issue, but after playing for around two hours (so i'm not too put off from playing every single day ).

Running on all high with AA turned off and ambient occlusion, light-rays and depth of field also turned off. Temperatures of CPU never go above 50 degrees C, and temp of Video card never goes above 45.

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz
4GB of RAM, not sure what make it is.
NVidia GeForce GTX 650TI On the 314.07 driver

This started occurring after the GOTY update, but I have switched graphics cards since then, used to have a GTX260 (but that WAS an overheating problem, the fan had packed in >.>).

The screen freezes, turns black, sounds continue to play for roughly 2 seconds afterwards then they stop. Need to reset like the guy above me.

Same problem here with Nvidia GTX 660 Ti. I can play sometimes about an hour or so, then it crashes; another times it lasts just five minutes...

The crash type is random too: White screen and no monitor signal, RO2 exe stopped responding window, blue screen with the message: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP.

This is the only game that crash on my computer, so it must be something about it, not a hardware issue.

Report 27:
I just bought this beast of a gaming laptop and I was able to start the game one time and get into a singleplayer mission, about 5 seconds into it, it crashes. I cant run the game more than 60 seconds. I've tried checking game cache integrity, restarting steam, updating video drivers, updating punkbuster, updating RO2 inside punkbuster. Nothing works !!! I'm pissed, I just bought this laptop and was hoping to really enjoy the game, finally. I bought the game the day it released and my previous PC couldn't run it over 40fps.
Ram: DDR3 16GB / DX: 11 VGA: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M 4GB GDDR5

Report 28:
Just tested my home PC, game works just fine. So, maybe my laptop has some rare anomaly that TWI didn't take into account.

Asus G75
nVidia 660M 2 GB VRAM GPU
16 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

Report 29:
Hi guys,
I bought RO2: HOS on this weekend and this game is amazing, but only first 2 mins of gameplay... After that I get black screen and looped sound (or screen freezes and i have looped sound) and i have to restart PC. I was trying so hard to eliminate this problem until... my Windows 8 corrupted. You probably think "Dude your CPU\GPU is overheating" but it is impossible because my CPU is water-cooled and I have hi-end lian li case with 6 120mm fans inside (computer is new). To be perfectly sure I checked temps on high load with prime 95 (I7-2600K @4,5Ghz: 56C) and Haven benchmark (GTX 680: 63C). I tried:

uninstalling nvidia drivers,
changing sound rate to 24 bits and 44100Hz,
changing number of voices in game options,
uninstalling and installing punkbuster,
turning off EVGA Precision,
turning off steam overlay.

None of these helped me solve the problem. The only thing i came up with is that punkbuster causes the problem. I could play 8h without blackscreens and stuff on non-punkbuster servers. If you know solution to this pls help me.

My specs:
Windows 8 x64 with punkbastard
Creative XtremeGamer (realtek on board card is turned off in BIOS)
CPU: I7-2600k@ 4,5 GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC
Ram: 8Gb @ 1866Mhz
PSU: Seasonic 850W

Report 30:
every time i play this game im fine for about an hour then it totally fubars my computer

Can this be fixed

here

CPU: AMD FX 6100 6-Core CPU 3.30 GHz
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz RAM
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda
ODD: Samsung DVDRW
GFX: Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 650Ti OC Edition 2GB
PSU: Aywun 500W

There is no log file in the ROgame folder, So i can't give you the dump files.

though i don't think there would be because this game is not just crashing it corsing the whole computer to crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky
Please add your computer spec.

If crashing after 1 hour, then it's probably due to an overheated GPU or CPU. My advice is to open your computer and clean the insides. Stacked dust is often the case of overheating.
also brand new computer no dust, Well probubly not due to the fact your game cooked it a bit.

It in a lian lee case which has hundreds of fans and every thing has been kept at stock voltage and is un overclocked so it not a case of system failure it a case of Software failure.

Posted 04/07/2013 11:17 PM   
Hi, Can you submit your observation of the problem at the link below? I'd like to get more info from you regarding the problem. Please mention that you spoke to me so issue can come to me directly. http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/app/answers/list
Hi,
Can you submit your observation of the problem at the link below? I'd like to get more info from you regarding the problem. Please mention that you spoke to me so issue can come to me directly.

http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/app/answers/list

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 04/09/2013 12:06 AM   
I have the same problem here . I get a black screen with soundloop . Usually between 10 up to 50 minutes of gameplay . After that I can only hard reset . My specs : ASUS nvdia geforce gtx 660ti DC-II i5 2400 @3.10Ghz 2x4Gb Kingston DDR3 SDRAM Coolermaster 550w Bronze Lite
I have the same problem here . I get a black screen with soundloop . Usually between 10 up to 50 minutes of gameplay . After that I can only hard reset .

My specs :
ASUS nvdia geforce gtx 660ti DC-II
i5 2400 @3.10Ghz
2x4Gb Kingston DDR3 SDRAM
Coolermaster 550w Bronze Lite

Posted 04/13/2013 03:57 PM   
Got the same symptoms here. After various durations of play both the game and comp freezes entirely with the game sound in a locked loop. Tried the solution provided by "XxSwordfishxX" on the Steam thread: (http://steamcommunity.com/app/35450/discussions/0/810920962562266371/#p7) but the problem persists. Pls help Specs: Windows7 Ultimate 64bit IntelCore 2Duo CPU E8500 3.16GHz RAM4GB GeForce 9800 GT
Got the same symptoms here.

After various durations of play both the game and comp freezes entirely with the game sound in a locked loop.
Tried the solution provided by "XxSwordfishxX" on the Steam thread:

(http://steamcommunity.com/app/35450/discussions/0/810920962562266371/#p7)

but the problem persists. Pls help

Specs:
Windows7 Ultimate 64bit
IntelCore 2Duo CPU E8500
3.16GHz RAM4GB

GeForce 9800 GT

Posted 04/13/2013 05:03 PM   
[quote="Zalehov9"]Got the same symptoms here. After various durations of play both the game and comp freezes entirely with the game sound in a locked loop. Tried the solution provided by "XxSwordfishxX" on the Steam thread: (http://steamcommunity.com/app/35450/discussions/0/810920962562266371/#p7) but the problem persists. Pls help I just tried the "XxSwordfishxX"-fix and that worked for me . Just played 2 hours without a crash . So thanks for posting . Good luck fixing your problem ! Specs: Windows7 Ultimate 64bit IntelCore 2Duo CPU E8500 3.16GHz RAM4GB GeForce 9800 GT[/quote]
Zalehov9 said:Got the same symptoms here.

After various durations of play both the game and comp freezes entirely with the game sound in a locked loop.
Tried the solution provided by "XxSwordfishxX" on the Steam thread:

(http://steamcommunity.com/app/35450/discussions/0/810920962562266371/#p7)

but the problem persists. Pls help

I just tried the "XxSwordfishxX"-fix and that worked for me . Just played 2 hours without a crash .
So thanks for posting .

Good luck fixing your problem !

Specs:
Windows7 Ultimate 64bit
IntelCore 2Duo CPU E8500
3.16GHz RAM4GB

GeForce 9800 GT

Posted 04/14/2013 02:33 PM   
Same issue here. GTX 660 Ti Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 314.07 drivers
Same issue here.

GTX 660 Ti
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
314.07 drivers

Posted 04/29/2013 08:17 PM   
I have this same problem. Red Orchestra 2 ran fine for me on my PC till I replaced my AMD HD5830 with a GTX660. Now the game randomly freezes the whole PC with looping sound, every hour or so. I'm not an idiot, its not overheating, bad PSU, etc etc. If Nvidia is incapable of fixing this, I may have to go back to AMD. I know AMD and Nvidia will sometimes have problems with a game, but this is unacceptable, and my personal experience with AMD is quite good. GTX660 (314.22 drivers) AMD Phenom II X4 970 AMD 770 chipset mobo VIA onboard Audio Win7 Pro x64
I have this same problem. Red Orchestra 2 ran fine for me on my PC till I replaced my AMD HD5830 with a GTX660. Now the game randomly freezes the whole PC with looping sound, every hour or so. I'm not an idiot, its not overheating, bad PSU, etc etc. If Nvidia is incapable of fixing this, I may have to go back to AMD. I know AMD and Nvidia will sometimes have problems with a game, but this is unacceptable, and my personal experience with AMD is quite good.

GTX660 (314.22 drivers)
AMD Phenom II X4 970
AMD 770 chipset mobo
VIA onboard Audio
Win7 Pro x64

Posted 05/14/2013 08:38 PM   
I installed the latest beta drivers and disabled CUDA for RO2, and that seems to have fixed it for me.
I installed the latest beta drivers and disabled CUDA for RO2, and that seems to have fixed it for me.

Posted 05/16/2013 10:16 PM   
Scroll To Top