Tridef on nVidia guide (play AC3, Bioshock, probably more)
  4 / 5    
Wonderful! Thanks. Yes, I am using the latest version of Tridef (downloaded 2 days ago), though there's definitely something up with the water. You can see it near the 2 boys in the menu screen, and very overtly on the flooded floor in the church at the very beginning. I'll try the fix though. Thanks for the object detail tip too. Feels funny having to turn down a setting to "low" when you just dropped two and a half grand on two GTX Titans, but whatever :D 720p sbs really felt like a return to the 90s. Glad that 1080 sbs works. Do I really just wait for the red message to go away? From memory, Tridef 3D didn't kick in until I changed the resolution. Anyway, I'll try again when I get home. By the way, will Tridef always be 1080p SBS for us VG278H users? Or do some games support full 1080p? Trying to decide whether to buy it. EDIT: Oh, and is there any way to get convergence/popout on Bioshock Infinite? I'm assuming it's the "percent in front" setting, but that doesn't seem to do anything
Wonderful! Thanks. Yes, I am using the latest version of Tridef (downloaded 2 days ago), though there's definitely something up with the water. You can see it near the 2 boys in the menu screen, and very overtly on the flooded floor in the church at the very beginning. I'll try the fix though. Thanks for the object detail tip too. Feels funny having to turn down a setting to "low" when you just dropped two and a half grand on two GTX Titans, but whatever :D

720p sbs really felt like a return to the 90s. Glad that 1080 sbs works. Do I really just wait for the red message to go away? From memory, Tridef 3D didn't kick in until I changed the resolution. Anyway, I'll try again when I get home.

By the way, will Tridef always be 1080p SBS for us VG278H users? Or do some games support full 1080p? Trying to decide whether to buy it.

EDIT: Oh, and is there any way to get convergence/popout on Bioshock Infinite? I'm assuming it's the "percent in front" setting, but that doesn't seem to do anything

ImageVolnaPC.com - Tips, tweaks, performance comparisons (PhysX card, SLI scaling, etc)

Posted 05/10/2013 01:44 AM   
Oh, if you have a Titan you might be fine :) Note I say *a* Titan. Tridef does not make use of a second card. For me, that red message goes away in about 10 seconds. If it hangs around, try disabling 3d vision before playing. Tridef have shown little interest in getting their software to work with 3d vision (it may be impossible, who knows?), so you're probably looking at SBS forever. As for buying it - I did when my trial expired (to finish Bioshock), but I haven't found a use for it since. AC3 crashes too much in power3d mode, and is too slow in cities for regular mode. It may be useful again for later games though.
Oh, if you have a Titan you might be fine :)

Note I say *a* Titan. Tridef does not make use of a second card.

For me, that red message goes away in about 10 seconds. If it hangs around, try disabling 3d vision before playing.

Tridef have shown little interest in getting their software to work with 3d vision (it may be impossible, who knows?), so you're probably looking at SBS forever. As for buying it - I did when my trial expired (to finish Bioshock), but I haven't found a use for it since. AC3 crashes too much in power3d mode, and is too slow in cities for regular mode. It may be useful again for later games though.

Posted 05/10/2013 01:50 AM   
I'll try disabling SLI and see if that helps. But I was getting regular stuttering last night in BI. I know BI tends to stutter when entering new areas, but it was much worse than when I played earlier this year. And that was at 1080p with a GTX680 Tridef works in DX10/11 games, right? Because I guess that would be the main selling point for me, since Helix is restricted to DX9.
I'll try disabling SLI and see if that helps. But I was getting regular stuttering last night in BI. I know BI tends to stutter when entering new areas, but it was much worse than when I played earlier this year. And that was at 1080p with a GTX680

Tridef works in DX10/11 games, right? Because I guess that would be the main selling point for me, since Helix is restricted to DX9.

ImageVolnaPC.com - Tips, tweaks, performance comparisons (PhysX card, SLI scaling, etc)

Posted 05/10/2013 01:59 AM   
It does, yes. Bioshock Infinite is 10/11 (I forget which). As for the stuttering, play with the ini tweaks here. http://www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3560&p=16449
It does, yes. Bioshock Infinite is 10/11 (I forget which).

As for the stuttering, play with the ini tweaks here.

http://www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3560&p=16449

Posted 05/10/2013 02:54 AM   
Ok, thanks for the help, Pirateguybrush. Turns out that Bioshock Infinite in Tridef only works for me If I run another Tridef game (eg. Asassins' Creed: Revelations) beforehand. That seems to somehow 'wake up' Tridef. Otherwise, Tridef doesn't kick in when I run Biochock Infinite. The 3D seems mediocre to me, though - like the depth/separation is really low. It's not as immersive as, say Far Cry 3 (with helixmod). Still, I'm sure I'll buy Tridef eventually the next time I need it for a game.
Ok, thanks for the help, Pirateguybrush. Turns out that Bioshock Infinite in Tridef only works for me If I run another Tridef game (eg. Asassins' Creed: Revelations) beforehand. That seems to somehow 'wake up' Tridef. Otherwise, Tridef doesn't kick in when I run Biochock Infinite.

The 3D seems mediocre to me, though - like the depth/separation is really low. It's not as immersive as, say Far Cry 3 (with helixmod).

Still, I'm sure I'll buy Tridef eventually the next time I need it for a game.

Posted 05/16/2013 04:04 AM   
Have you tried turning up the depth?
Have you tried turning up the depth?

Posted 05/16/2013 04:07 AM   
Yeah, it's 100, but it doesn't feel very deep to me. I've also played with "percent in front", whatever that is (I'm guessing convergence?) but that doesn't seem to do much. And I've turned off autofocus
Yeah, it's 100, but it doesn't feel very deep to me. I've also played with "percent in front", whatever that is (I'm guessing convergence?) but that doesn't seem to do much. And I've turned off autofocus

Posted 05/16/2013 06:18 AM   
You need to tweak the percent in front with the depth. Otherwise it will just be depth. Making it seem flat because its all on same "plane" [hard to explain]. The percent in front is kind of messed up to figure out. You basically have to *hit the sweet spot*. [I feel dirty] Its like these re5 pictures. [url]http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-to-unlock-convergence-in-locked.html[/url] Both RE5 pictures are same depth but convergence is what makes it not flat.
You need to tweak the percent in front with the depth. Otherwise it will just be depth. Making it seem flat because its all on same "plane" [hard to explain]. The percent in front is kind of messed up to figure out. You basically have to *hit the sweet spot*. [I feel dirty]

Its like these re5 pictures.
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-to-unlock-convergence-in-locked.html
Both RE5 pictures are same depth but convergence is what makes it not flat.

Co-founder of helixmod.blog.com

If you like one of my helixmod patches and want to donate. Can send to me through paypal - eqzitara@yahoo.com

Posted 05/16/2013 06:16 AM   
@Volnaiskra, use this settings (see screenshots...you have to swap eyes, there are with the first profile). depth = 100 % in front = 10 Scene focus = 93/100 or 94/100 Gun and Sky focus = disable Tha last ignition beta have a profile that fix all issues (shadows, lights, reflections)...now a 3D ready title with tridef.
@Volnaiskra, use this settings (see screenshots...you have to swap eyes, there are with the first profile).

depth = 100
% in front = 10
Scene focus = 93/100 or 94/100
Gun and Sky focus = disable

Tha last ignition beta have a profile that fix all issues (shadows, lights, reflections)...now a 3D ready title with tridef.
Posted 05/16/2013 12:16 PM   
Googled to this thread by query "tridef nvidia". I've got Medal of Honour:Warfighter crashes after start through tridef. Just upgraded my PC to Inno3D iChill GT770 and win 8 64 bit. Previously on Win 7 Home Basic and Radeon 5750 everything worked slow but properly %) Monitor is 27" Samsung S27A750D 1920x1080 at 60 Hz connected with DisplayPort Any ideas how to fix? Thanks in advance, meanwhile playing Crysis 3 for the second time it can create 3D itself :)
Googled to this thread by query "tridef nvidia".

I've got Medal of Honour:Warfighter crashes after start through tridef.

Just upgraded my PC to Inno3D iChill GT770 and win 8 64 bit.
Previously on Win 7 Home Basic and Radeon 5750 everything worked slow but properly %)
Monitor is 27" Samsung S27A750D 1920x1080 at 60 Hz connected with DisplayPort
Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks in advance, meanwhile playing Crysis 3 for the second time it can create 3D itself :)

Posted 07/23/2013 07:01 PM   
[quote="Pirateguybrush"]Oh, if you have a Titan you might be fine :) Note I say *a* Titan. Tridef does not make use of a second card. For me, that red message goes away in about 10 seconds. If it hangs around, try disabling 3d vision before playing. Tridef have shown little interest in getting their software to work with 3d vision (it may be impossible, who knows?), so you're probably looking at SBS forever. As for buying it - I did when my trial expired (to finish Bioshock), but I haven't found a use for it since. AC3 crashes too much in power3d mode, and is too slow in cities for regular mode. It may be useful again for later games though.[/quote] Playing the MMO Rift using Tridef looks really nice, but the FPS drop is absolutely terrible.
Pirateguybrush said:Oh, if you have a Titan you might be fine :)

Note I say *a* Titan. Tridef does not make use of a second card.

For me, that red message goes away in about 10 seconds. If it hangs around, try disabling 3d vision before playing.

Tridef have shown little interest in getting their software to work with 3d vision (it may be impossible, who knows?), so you're probably looking at SBS forever. As for buying it - I did when my trial expired (to finish Bioshock), but I haven't found a use for it since. AC3 crashes too much in power3d mode, and is too slow in cities for regular mode. It may be useful again for later games though.

Playing the MMO Rift using Tridef looks really nice, but the FPS drop is absolutely terrible.

i7 4790k @ 4.6 - 16GB RAM - 2x SLI Titan X
27" ASUS ROG SWIFT, 28" - 65" Samsung UHD8200 4k 3DTV - Oculus Rift CV1 - 34" Acer Predator X34 Ultrawide

Old kit:
i5 2500k @ 4.4 - 8gb RAM
Acer H5360BD projector
GTX 580, SLI 670, GTX 980 EVGA SC
Acer XB280HK 4k 60hz
Oculus DK2

Posted 07/23/2013 08:45 PM   
[quote="ricardokung"]I did nothing special,just went to the 3d vision live page(http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/) and opened one of the photos to keep the IR emitter light bright green then minimized the page and ran tridef v5.3.I only tested with Half Life 2.The Project64 emu(emulator of N64)worked too,but the Custom Focus option keeps greyed out causing the 3d effect to be confusing. OS: Win 7 CPU: I7 2700k 3.5GZ Mobo: Asus P8 z77 m-pro Ram: 8GB GPU: GTX 560ti Monitor: Asus VG278H [/quote] witch version of pj64 ? and witch grafics plugin ? thanx
ricardokung said:I did nothing special,just went to the 3d vision live page(http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/) and opened one of the photos to keep the IR emitter light bright green then minimized the page and ran tridef v5.3.I only tested with Half Life 2.The Project64 emu(emulator of N64)worked too,but the Custom Focus option keeps greyed out causing the 3d effect to be confusing.

OS: Win 7 CPU: I7 2700k 3.5GZ Mobo: Asus P8 z77 m-pro Ram: 8GB GPU: GTX 560ti Monitor: Asus VG278H

witch version of pj64 ? and witch grafics plugin ? thanx

Posted 07/23/2013 11:03 PM   
Can someone please answer my question about the limitation of using tridef with vg278h: Is it limited to 30 fps per eye at 1080p, or even worse 30 fps per eye at 1080i? The latter would probably be horrible because it would literally reduce the brightness by half! The former at least makes a very similar experience to native 3d vision, just that you can't go above 30 fps per eye which is no biggie considering that most demanding games won't even render at above 60 fps anyway. Another question I have is whether the VG278HE also works with tridef or not.
Can someone please answer my question about the limitation of using tridef with vg278h: Is it limited to 30 fps per eye at 1080p, or even worse 30 fps per eye at 1080i?

The latter would probably be horrible because it would literally reduce the brightness by half!

The former at least makes a very similar experience to native 3d vision, just that you can't go above 30 fps per eye which is no biggie considering that most demanding games won't even render at above 60 fps anyway.

Another question I have is whether the VG278HE also works with tridef or not.

Posted 09/30/2013 04:37 PM   
[quote="monsieurpooh"]Can someone please answer my question about the limitation of using tridef with vg278h: Is it limited to 30 fps per eye at 1080p, or even worse 30 fps per eye at 1080i? The latter would probably be horrible because it would literally reduce the brightness by half! The former at least makes a very similar experience to native 3d vision, just that you can't go above 30 fps per eye which is no biggie considering that most demanding games won't even render at above 60 fps anyway. Another question I have is whether the VG278HE also works with tridef or not. [/quote]From memory, it's the other way around. It's the resolution that's halved, not the Hz. So, the game still gets shown at 60Hz (120Hz divided by 2 eyes). If it was 30Hz, it would probably be horrible (I think it woudl probably look even worse than 30fps in 2D does, which is why 3D monitors are always 120Hz; 60Hz just wouldn't cut it). I say Hz for clarity, because the actual FPS is variable of course. When I tried Bioshock Infinite in Tridef, I was getting about 50fps, because Tridef comes with a big performance cost when you view it using 3Dvision. Anyway, since Tridef produces a side-by-side image, this effectively cuts the resolution in half. So, instead of seeing 1920x1080, you see 960x1080. It's not an interlaced image (is that what you mean by 1080i?). Instead, the monitor takes this 960x1080 image and stretches it out horizontally to fill the screen (of course the game doesn't appear stretched - Tridef makes the image squashed so that it will look normal once stretched) In other words, the framerate is normal (albeit under a heavy performance penalty), but the resolution is crappy, and kind of feels like it's 1998 again. This is on my VG278H (only newer versions of this monitor support side by side though - some older versions of the VG278H don't work with Tridef). I don't know about the VG278HE I bought a copy of Tridef, but I'm using it as a last resort, because native 3Dvision usually looks and works better (though I admit I haven't tried Tridef for more than a few games). So far, I haven't had to use it.
monsieurpooh said:Can someone please answer my question about the limitation of using tridef with vg278h: Is it limited to 30 fps per eye at 1080p, or even worse 30 fps per eye at 1080i?

The latter would probably be horrible because it would literally reduce the brightness by half!

The former at least makes a very similar experience to native 3d vision, just that you can't go above 30 fps per eye which is no biggie considering that most demanding games won't even render at above 60 fps anyway.

From memory, it's the other way around. It's the resolution that's halved, not the Hz. So, the game still gets shown at 60Hz (120Hz divided by 2 eyes). If it was 30Hz, it would probably be horrible (I think it woudl probably look even worse than 30fps in 2D does, which is why 3D monitors are always 120Hz; 60Hz just wouldn't cut it).

I say Hz for clarity, because the actual FPS is variable of course. When I tried Bioshock Infinite in Tridef, I was getting about 50fps, because Tridef comes with a big performance cost when you view it using 3Dvision.

Anyway, since Tridef produces a side-by-side image, this effectively cuts the resolution in half. So, instead of seeing 1920x1080, you see 960x1080. It's not an interlaced image (is that what you mean by 1080i?). Instead, the monitor takes this 960x1080 image and stretches it out horizontally to fill the screen (of course the game doesn't appear stretched - Tridef makes the image squashed so that it will look normal once stretched)

In other words, the framerate is normal (albeit under a heavy performance penalty), but the resolution is crappy, and kind of feels like it's 1998 again.

This is on my VG278H (only newer versions of this monitor support side by side though - some older versions of the VG278H don't work with Tridef). I don't know about the VG278HE

I bought a copy of Tridef, but I'm using it as a last resort, because native 3Dvision usually looks and works better (though I admit I haven't tried Tridef for more than a few games). So far, I haven't had to use it.

Posted 10/01/2013 03:01 AM   
[quote="Volnaiskra"][quote="monsieurpooh"]Can someone please answer my question about the limitation of using tridef with vg278h: Is it limited to 30 fps per eye at 1080p, or even worse 30 fps per eye at 1080i? The latter would probably be horrible because it would literally reduce the brightness by half! The former at least makes a very similar experience to native 3d vision, just that you can't go above 30 fps per eye which is no biggie considering that most demanding games won't even render at above 60 fps anyway. Another question I have is whether the VG278HE also works with tridef or not. [/quote]From memory, it's the other way around. It's the resolution that's halved, not the Hz. So, the game still gets shown at 60Hz (120Hz divided by 2 eyes). If it was 30Hz, it would probably be horrible (I think it woudl probably look even worse than 30fps in 2D does, which is why 3D monitors are always 120Hz; 60Hz just wouldn't cut it). I say Hz for clarity, because the actual FPS is variable of course. When I tried Bioshock Infinite in Tridef, I was getting about 50fps, because Tridef comes with a big performance cost when you view it using 3Dvision. Anyway, since Tridef produces a side-by-side image, this effectively cuts the resolution in half. So, instead of seeing 1920x1080, you see 960x1080. It's not an interlaced image (is that what you mean by 1080i?). Instead, the monitor takes this 960x1080 image and stretches it out horizontally to fill the screen (of course the game doesn't appear stretched - Tridef makes the image squashed so that it will look normal once stretched) In other words, the framerate is normal (albeit under a heavy performance penalty), but the resolution is crappy, and kind of feels like it's 1998 again. This is on my VG278H (only newer versions of this monitor support side by side though - some older versions of the VG278H don't work with Tridef). I don't know about the VG278HE I bought a copy of Tridef, but I'm using it as a last resort, because native 3Dvision usually looks and works better (though I admit I haven't tried Tridef for more than a few games). So far, I haven't had to use it.[/quote] Ah thanks very much for the reply. So doesn't that mean theoretically running tridef on VG278H should look no worse than a passive 3D display which I have right now (because passive 3D is always halved res per eye)? I feel like my passive 3D already looks pretty much like full HD because of the way our brains/eyes "fill in the gaps" anyways; how did you feel about the halved resolution of vg278h's tridef compared to regular passive 3D?
Volnaiskra said:
monsieurpooh said:Can someone please answer my question about the limitation of using tridef with vg278h: Is it limited to 30 fps per eye at 1080p, or even worse 30 fps per eye at 1080i?

From memory, it's the other way around. It's the resolution that's halved, not the Hz. So, the game still gets shown at 60Hz (120Hz divided by 2 eyes). If it was 30Hz, it would probably be horrible (I think it woudl probably look even worse than 30fps in 2D does, which is why 3D monitors are always 120Hz; 60Hz just wouldn't cut it).

I say Hz for clarity, because the actual FPS is variable of course. When I tried Bioshock Infinite in Tridef, I was getting about 50fps, because Tridef comes with a big performance cost when you view it using 3Dvision.

Anyway, since Tridef produces a side-by-side image, this effectively cuts the resolution in half. So, instead of seeing 1920x1080, you see 960x1080. It's not an interlaced image (is that what you mean by 1080i?). Instead, the monitor takes this 960x1080 image and stretches it out horizontally to fill the screen (of course the game doesn't appear stretched - Tridef makes the image squashed so that it will look normal once stretched)

In other words, the framerate is normal (albeit under a heavy performance penalty), but the resolution is crappy, and kind of feels like it's 1998 again.

This is on my VG278H (only newer versions of this monitor support side by side though - some older versions of the VG278H don't work with Tridef). I don't know about the VG278HE

I bought a copy of Tridef, but I'm using it as a last resort, because native 3Dvision usually looks and works better (though I admit I haven't tried Tridef for more than a few games). So far, I haven't had to use it.

Ah thanks very much for the reply. So doesn't that mean theoretically running tridef on VG278H should look no worse than a passive 3D display which I have right now (because passive 3D is always halved res per eye)? I feel like my passive 3D already looks pretty much like full HD because of the way our brains/eyes "fill in the gaps" anyways; how did you feel about the halved resolution of vg278h's tridef compared to regular passive 3D?

Posted 10/01/2013 05:00 PM   
  4 / 5    
Scroll To Top