EasyDaemonAPI DLL Missing Error
  1 / 3    
When i try to launch geforce experience it says im missing EasyDaemon API DLL. This is been happening since the initial release, what the heck is going on here, and how do i fix it!?
When i try to launch geforce experience it says im missing EasyDaemon API DLL. This is been happening since the initial release, what the heck is going on here, and how do i fix it!?

Posted 03/27/2013 12:02 AM   
i wonder if im EVER going to get support or a response to this...
i wonder if im EVER going to get support or a response to this...

Posted 04/02/2013 01:43 AM   
Hey, I just figured out how to correct the issue. I had the same problem when I installed a new motherboard and CPU. I tried downloading the DLL file online but still couldn't get it to work. The quick fix is to actually use the uninstall program feature through the system menu and uninstall "Geforce Experience". Then, simply download/reinstall it and it should work.
Hey, I just figured out how to correct the issue. I had the same problem when I installed a new motherboard and CPU. I tried downloading the DLL file online but still couldn't get it to work. The quick fix is to actually use the uninstall program feature through the system menu and uninstall "Geforce Experience". Then, simply download/reinstall it and it should work.

Posted 04/21/2013 06:53 PM   
[quote="Gibsont01"]Hey, I just figured out how to correct the issue. I had the same problem when I installed a new motherboard and CPU. I tried downloading the DLL file online but still couldn't get it to work. The quick fix is to actually use the uninstall program feature through the system menu and uninstall "Geforce Experience". Then, simply download/reinstall it and it should work.[/quote] I tried that but it's still giving me the error. Thanks though.
Gibsont01 said:Hey, I just figured out how to correct the issue. I had the same problem when I installed a new motherboard and CPU. I tried downloading the DLL file online but still couldn't get it to work. The quick fix is to actually use the uninstall program feature through the system menu and uninstall "Geforce Experience". Then, simply download/reinstall it and it should work.

I tried that but it's still giving me the error. Thanks though.

Posted 05/22/2013 11:05 PM   
Hi, is this happening with the latest (1.5) version of GFE as well?
Hi, is this happening with the latest (1.5) version of GFE as well?

NVIDIA GeForce Experience

Posted 05/22/2013 11:18 PM   
[quote="JohnSpitzer"]Hi, is this happening with the latest (1.5) version of GFE as well?[/quote] Yes, i just tried this new version as well. Still getting the same error
JohnSpitzer said:Hi, is this happening with the latest (1.5) version of GFE as well?

Yes, i just tried this new version as well. Still getting the same error

Posted 05/22/2013 11:14 PM   
same
same

Posted 05/23/2013 06:55 AM   
Same here. Uninstalled it and re-installed it too. Didn't work... Can someone from support address this issue?
Same here. Uninstalled it and re-installed it too. Didn't work...

Can someone from support address this issue?

Posted 05/30/2013 08:14 AM   
I am currently in touch with Nvidia support, If i know something more I will let you guys know.
I am currently in touch with Nvidia support, If i know something more I will let you guys know.

Posted 05/30/2013 02:01 PM   
I get an error in the event log about a GeForce Experience component being missing; I wonder if it's the EasyDaemon file? I can only run GF Experience from the desktop shortcut for some reason as the system tray option doesn't work (the Control Panel one does though). Not only that but when I install GF Experience v1.5 the installer never exits even though it is definitely installed and can even be ran at that point. A fresh install of GF Experience is the only way the system tray Open GF Experience menu will work as once I reboot (to force the installer to close/finish) then it fails to work at all.
I get an error in the event log about a GeForce Experience component being missing; I wonder if it's the EasyDaemon file? I can only run GF Experience from the desktop shortcut for some reason as the system tray option doesn't work (the Control Panel one does though).

Not only that but when I install GF Experience v1.5 the installer never exits even though it is definitely installed and can even be ran at that point. A fresh install of GF Experience is the only way the system tray Open GF Experience menu will work as once I reboot (to force the installer to close/finish) then it fails to work at all.

Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.5 GHz | Noctua NH-D14 cooler | ASUS Z87 Deluxe motherboard v2103 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1,600 MHz DDR3 memory | 6 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti SC graphics | Creative X-Fi Titanium HD audio | 256 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot) v070H | 2 x 3 TB Seagate Barracuda SATAIII hard drives | 1 x 2 TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 SATAII hard drive | 2 x Samsung SH-B123L BD-ROM/DVD rewriters | Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced case | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W PSU | Windows 8.1 Pro Update 2 with Media Center (64-bit)

Posted 06/03/2013 12:28 PM   
Hi, I am encountering the same problem as described at the start of this thread.
Hi, I am encountering the same problem as described at the start of this thread.

Posted 06/28/2013 01:12 PM   
Had a similar issue "Failed to initialize EasyAPI". Reinstall failed. No solutions anywhere. Tried an hour long clean reinstallation and 2 system restores, no fix. 12 hours later, fixed by removing K9 Web Protection.
Had a similar issue "Failed to initialize EasyAPI". Reinstall failed. No solutions anywhere. Tried an hour long clean reinstallation and 2 system restores, no fix.

12 hours later, fixed by removing K9 Web Protection.

Posted 06/28/2013 08:27 PM   
Has anyone found a solution to this? It's been months since I first posted here and neither Nvidia support nor anyone else has found a solution...
Has anyone found a solution to this?

It's been months since I first posted here and neither Nvidia support nor anyone else has found a solution...

Posted 07/03/2013 01:36 PM   
I had this issue and determined it was from changing the default install directory on my computer. My system directory (C:) had the EasyDaemonAPIU and EasyDaemonAPIU64 in Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\update common and Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\update common, respectively. My HDD that is now my default install location did not have the dll files. So I copied the file trees so C: matched E:, rebooted and it worked. Hope it helps.
I had this issue and determined it was from changing the default install directory on my computer.

My system directory (C:) had the EasyDaemonAPIU and EasyDaemonAPIU64 in Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\update common and Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\update common, respectively. My HDD that is now my default install location did not have the dll files.

So I copied the file trees so C: matched E:, rebooted and it worked.

Hope it helps.

Posted 07/16/2013 03:27 PM   
[quote="Draigor"]I had this issue and determined it was from changing the default install directory on my computer. ...[/quote] No, that was not helpful to me. BTW, I only have a single folder named "Update Common". [b]These are my folders:[/b] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision" "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client" "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager" "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display" "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2" "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience" "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Update Core" "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI" "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\OpenCL" "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Update Common" "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager" "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX"
Draigor said:I had this issue and determined it was from changing the default install directory on my computer.

No, that was not helpful to me. BTW, I only have a single folder named "Update Common".

These are my folders:
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision"
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client"
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager"
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display"
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs"
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2"
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience"
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Update Core"
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI"
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\OpenCL"
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Update Common"