About GT 630M 2GB DDR3?
Hi Guys First : i am not sure if this the right place to ask, and sorry if it was not So I am kinda on a tight budget, and i wanted to buy a new laptop/notebook i found this one: GT 630 (Vram= Dedicated 2GB DDR3) When i searched about it, it was a bit confusing, some said it was a low mid-video card on the other hand some others stated that it's an excellent GPU; they said it can even run some modern games on high quality. SO..... What can you guys tell me about it can it run some modern games on high-quality (or Ultra) like BF III, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, DMC ... etc and what about more demanding games like Crysis 3 are the other laptop specs have a notable effect on the video card performance? anyway here the full specs of the laptop it's HP Pavilion dv 6 7080 ee Intel core i7 2670QM processor (2.20 / 3.10 turbo GHz, 6 MB 3rd level cache) 8 GB DDR3 RAM (probably i will buy the one with the 16 GB RAM) 1 TB Hard Disk SATA 15.6 LED HD Thanks in advance
Hi Guys

First : i am not sure if this the right place to ask, and sorry if it was not

So I am kinda on a tight budget, and i wanted to buy a new laptop/notebook

i found this one: GT 630 (Vram= Dedicated 2GB DDR3)

When i searched about it, it was a bit confusing, some said it was a low mid-video card

on the other hand some others stated that it's an excellent GPU; they said it can even run some modern games on high quality.

SO.....

What can you guys tell me about it

can it run some modern games on high-quality (or Ultra) like BF III, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, DMC ... etc

and what about more demanding games like Crysis 3

are the other laptop specs have a notable effect on the video card performance?

anyway here the full specs of the laptop

it's HP Pavilion dv 6 7080 ee

Intel core i7 2670QM processor (2.20 / 3.10 turbo GHz, 6 MB 3rd level cache)

8 GB DDR3 RAM (probably i will buy the one with the 16 GB RAM)

1 TB Hard Disk SATA

15.6 LED HD

Thanks in advance

Posted 03/22/2013 05:18 PM   
Needless to say The GPA is 630M 2 GB DDR 3 dedcated
Needless to say

The GPA is 630M 2 GB DDR 3 dedcated

Posted 03/22/2013 09:08 PM   
It's a low to low/mid range card designed mostly for HD Media playback. It CAN run modern games, but games like Skyrim, Borderlands 2, BF3 (as you mentioned) would probably run around low/medium at best (if you want playable frame rates). It is not "high end". A 650ti is on the low end of medium. A 660ti is dead center. GTX670 is fairly high-end, and GTX680 or Titan are the highest end single-GPU cards. A GTX690 is 2xGTX680's on a single PCB, downclocked a bit to reduce heat output. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
It's a low to low/mid range card designed mostly for HD Media playback. It CAN run modern games, but games like Skyrim, Borderlands 2, BF3 (as you mentioned) would probably run around low/medium at best (if you want playable frame rates). It is not "high end". A 650ti is on the low end of medium. A 660ti is dead center. GTX670 is fairly high-end, and GTX680 or Titan are the highest end single-GPU cards. A GTX690 is 2xGTX680's on a single PCB, downclocked a bit to reduce heat output.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

"Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed"

System:
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Intel i7 980X 6-core Extreme CPU
12GB Supertalent DDR3 1333
2x128GB Corsair SSD Raid 0 Array
1.5TB Seagate
500GB WD Caviar
ASUS P6T 3-way SLI Motherboard, x58 Skt 1366
EVGA GTX680 SC + Galaxy GTX680 in SLI
Corsair TX850 PSU
ThermalTake V9 Black Widow mid