Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti and World of Warcraft
Up until this past week I had no issues with playing world of warcraft with this card. Now I experience game freezing from time to time. I have done a list of thing like a clean install with the latest drivers, re-installed direct X11 , re-installed the game from scratch, and I still seem to have problems with the game freezing up. It doesn't happen all the time, only when I change zones (IE porting). The loading bar gets to 100% and the game stops responding. I can force quit and log back into world of warcraft and play just fine until I have to port back to a home city or when I go into a raiding instance. World of warcraft has a permanent link to know Nvidia issues. They just patched 2 weeks ago to game version 5.2. Thats when I started to have the problems. Here is the link that Battlenet ( warcraft ) has up. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794870024 Here is my post in the technical forums which I still haven't received a response from yet. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197651508 This is a pretty annoy thing as porting and zoning into instances is a big part of the game, and I do not want to resort to buying another video card because of this. If I have to I will but trust me I will think twice about Nvidia if this happens to be a driver issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Up until this past week I had no issues with playing world of warcraft with this card. Now I experience game freezing from time to time.

I have done a list of thing like a clean install with the latest drivers, re-installed direct X11 , re-installed the game from scratch, and I still seem to have problems with the game freezing up.

It doesn't happen all the time, only when I change zones (IE porting). The loading bar gets to 100% and the game stops responding. I can force quit and log back into world of warcraft and play just fine until I have to port back to a home city or when I go into a raiding instance.

World of warcraft has a permanent link to know Nvidia issues. They just patched 2 weeks ago to game version 5.2. Thats when I started to have the problems.

Here is the link that Battlenet ( warcraft ) has up.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794870024

Here is my post in the technical forums which I still haven't received a response from yet.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197651508

This is a pretty annoy thing as porting and zoning into instances is a big part of the game, and I do not want to resort to buying another video card because of this. If I have to I will but trust me I will think twice about Nvidia if this happens to be a driver issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted 03/18/2013 08:28 AM   
Since WoW runs on the Pong engine I doubt it's stressing out your 550ti at all. My guess would be something else... if it occurs during zone porting it could be a network issue (according to a friend who plays WoW there used to be issues with zoning caused by malformed network packets/buffering corruption when changing zones). Then again it could be something more esoteric like the card loading textures or other data incorrectly which might be a driver issue... maybe try a clean install using a beta driver? 314.21 was just released.
Since WoW runs on the Pong engine I doubt it's stressing out your 550ti at all. My guess would be something else... if it occurs during zone porting it could be a network issue (according to a friend who plays WoW there used to be issues with zoning caused by malformed network packets/buffering corruption when changing zones). Then again it could be something more esoteric like the card loading textures or other data incorrectly which might be a driver issue... maybe try a clean install using a beta driver? 314.21 was just released.

Posted 03/18/2013 04:58 PM   
My connection is fine though, I checked it like 20 times, with and without router. i will try a clean install with the beta driver and see if that helps
My connection is fine though, I checked it like 20 times, with and without router. i will try a clean install with the beta driver and see if that helps

Posted 03/18/2013 09:25 PM   
clean install with new Beta driver and still same thing. Its weird regular game play is just fine, its only when i port into an instance or another zone. The game locks up says not responding and I have to force quit out to be able to play again.
clean install with new Beta driver and still same thing. Its weird regular game play is just fine, its only when i port into an instance or another zone. The game locks up says not responding and I have to force quit out to be able to play again.

Posted 03/18/2013 11:09 PM   
Ouch. Does WoW have a logging system? Maybe you can see what the last successful command executed was, at least. WoW support people may know what should come next that may be causing the hang. By the network issue I was meaning that the game itself was handling data incorrectly, not that your network was at fault. I haven't played WoW in a couple years, but I've had similar problems myself with a couple other MMOs where the issue was entirely on their end and needed an update. On the plus side if it's only WoW that's causing you grief it's probably not an issue with your card itself! ---unless you're getting graphic corruption, BSODs, or other signs of hardware failure...
Ouch. Does WoW have a logging system? Maybe you can see what the last successful command executed was, at least. WoW support people may know what should come next that may be causing the hang.

By the network issue I was meaning that the game itself was handling data incorrectly, not that your network was at fault. I haven't played WoW in a couple years, but I've had similar problems myself with a couple other MMOs where the issue was entirely on their end and needed an update.

On the plus side if it's only WoW that's causing you grief it's probably not an issue with your card itself! ---unless you're getting graphic corruption, BSODs, or other signs of hardware failure...

Posted 03/19/2013 02:08 PM   
Ya I am not having an other issue in the game outside of that. My card is only a year old. I am building a new system from the ground up, all my parts come in next Monday. Including a new video card which sadly wont be an nvidia this time. Keeping the 550 Ti as a backup as its still a decent card.
Ya I am not having an other issue in the game outside of that. My card is only a year old. I am building a new system from the ground up, all my parts come in next Monday. Including a new video card which sadly wont be an nvidia this time. Keeping the 550 Ti as a backup as its still a decent card.

Posted 03/22/2013 03:13 AM   
error in event viewer before the game hangs i get this. + System - Provider [ Name] Windows Error Reporting - EventID 1001 [ Qualifiers] 0 Level 4 Task 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2013-03-23T05:30:43.000000000Z EventRecordID 418 Channel Application Computer inz0mn1ak Security - EventData 3532979976 5 AppHangB1 Not available 0 Wow.exe 5.2.0.16733 51490437 49f1 2048 C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\WERCB2B.tmp.appcompat.txt C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDBEE.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Critical_Wow.exe_c1e9bd514cf1a7c77eedeeff76f786b979e07c_0bbf1229 0 c2fc5440-937a-11e2-93c7-00123f7229e5 0
error in event viewer before the game hangs i get this.

+ System

- Provider

[ Name] Windows Error Reporting

- EventID 1001

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 4

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-03-23T05:30:43.000000000Z

EventRecordID 418

Channel Application

Computer inz0mn1ak

Security

- EventData

AppHangB1
Not available
Wow.exe
49f1

C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\WERCB2B.tmp.appcompat.txt C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDBEE.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Critical_Wow.exe_c1e9bd514cf1a7c77eedeeff76f786b979e07c_0bbf1229

c2fc5440-937a-11e2-93c7-00123f7229e5

Posted 03/23/2013 05:46 AM   
Scroll To Top