Constant Timeout detection and recovery FIX + warning
  1 / 7    
Search through your computer with hidden files visible option turned on. Search for iehigh*.* it's probably located under ' c:temporary where c is your system drive. Open task manager and end the process if it's running, and it most likely is. Delete the entire temporary folder and hence it's contents containing iehighutil.exe Search through the registry for iehighutil, delete the entries. Run msconfig with the run command on start menu, turn off iehighutil from startup list. Done, you should now be rid of the pesky TDR. **************WARNING************** Iehighutil.exe is a malware designed to DoS your computer and if you're unlucky your GPU core will be destroyed due to overheating. This malware is new and is not detected by the malware removal tools or antivirus programs i've tried. This topic should be sticky'd by an Nvidia moderator. EDIT: Note that this will fix TDR if you're computer is afflicted with the malware virus described in this post. It will not fix TDR if you have a poor/insufficient PSU, faulty memory, motherboard and gfx card. There are probably more scenarios to consider, but this will fix the malware problem.....
Search through your computer with hidden files visible option turned on.
Search for iehigh*.* it's probably located under '
c:temporary where c is your system drive.

Open task manager and end the process if it's running, and it most likely is.
Delete the entire temporary folder and hence it's contents containing iehighutil.exe

Search through the registry for iehighutil, delete the entries.

Run msconfig with the run command on start menu, turn off iehighutil from startup list.

Done, you should now be rid of the pesky TDR.

**************WARNING**************
Iehighutil.exe is a malware designed to DoS your computer and if you're unlucky your GPU core will be destroyed due to overheating.

This malware is new and is not detected by the malware removal tools or antivirus programs i've tried.

This topic should be sticky'd by an Nvidia moderator.

EDIT: Note that this will fix TDR if you're computer is afflicted with the malware virus described in this post. It will not fix TDR if you have a poor/insufficient PSU, faulty memory, motherboard and gfx card. There are probably more scenarios to consider, but this will fix the malware problem.....

Posted 03/17/2013 11:47 PM   
[quote="Dukat"]**************WARNING************** Iehighutil.exe is a malware designed to DoS your computer [/quote] This malware is not DoS. It has a more clever agenda, stealing your GPU cycles to mine bitcoins (internet currency). How'd you get infected?
Dukat said:**************WARNING**************
Iehighutil.exe is a malware designed to DoS your computer

This malware is not DoS. It has a more clever agenda, stealing your GPU cycles to mine bitcoins (internet currency). How'd you get infected?

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 03/18/2013 12:26 AM   
i have honestly no idea, the same day i built a new rig. New motherboard, memory, cpu and geforce Titan. after installing windows i was downloading drivers, running windows update, installing video codecs, installing world of warcraft, after a while i was getting hammered by TDR errors. At first i thought it was because of my 650w psu, although the package says 600w required, or memory(but i've run memtest86 with 3 passes). So i googled the problem for 4-5 hours then i came upon info on this malware and fix. I also dreaded it was my brand spanking, smoking hot new geforce, which thank god it was not.
i have honestly no idea, the same day i built a new rig. New motherboard, memory, cpu and geforce Titan. after installing windows i was downloading drivers, running windows update, installing video codecs, installing world of warcraft, after a while i was getting hammered by TDR errors. At first i thought it was because of my 650w psu, although the package says 600w required, or memory(but i've run memtest86 with 3 passes).

So i googled the problem for 4-5 hours then i came upon info on this malware and fix.

I also dreaded it was my brand spanking, smoking hot new geforce, which thank god it was not.

Posted 03/18/2013 12:33 AM   
[quote="Dukat"]I also dreaded it was my brand spanking, smoking hot new geforce, which thank god it was not.[/quote] Yeah, glad you sorted it out. Thanks for sharing.
Dukat said:I also dreaded it was my brand spanking, smoking hot new geforce, which thank god it was not.

Yeah, glad you sorted it out. Thanks for sharing.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the

Posted 03/18/2013 12:45 AM   
[quote="Dukat"] **************WARNING************** Iehighutil.exe is a malware designed to DoS your computer and if you're unlucky your GPU core will be destroyed due to overheating. This malware is new and is not detected by the malware removal tools or antivirus programs i've tried. This topic should be sticky'd by an Nvidia moderator. EDIT: Note that this will fix TDR if you're computer is afflicted with the malware virus described in this post. It will not fix TDR if you have a poor/insufficient PSU, faulty memory, motherboard and gfx card. There are probably more scenarios to consider, but this will fix the malware problem.....[/quote] Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ([url]http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_pro/[/url]) with latest definitions completely removes this malware from what i heard of
Dukat said:

**************WARNING**************
Iehighutil.exe is a malware designed to DoS your computer and if you're unlucky your GPU core will be destroyed due to overheating.

This malware is new and is not detected by the malware removal tools or antivirus programs i've tried.

This topic should be sticky'd by an Nvidia moderator.

EDIT: Note that this will fix TDR if you're computer is afflicted with the malware virus described in this post. It will not fix TDR if you have a poor/insufficient PSU, faulty memory, motherboard and gfx card. There are probably more scenarios to consider, but this will fix the malware problem.....

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_pro/) with latest definitions completely removes this malware from what i heard of

Posted 03/19/2013 12:27 PM   
[quote="nvtweakman"]stealing your GPU cycles to mine bitcoins (internet currency). How'd you get infected?[/quote] Why does this crash the driver?
nvtweakman said:stealing your GPU cycles to mine bitcoins (internet currency). How'd you get infected?

Why does this crash the driver?

Posted 03/19/2013 06:01 PM   
Just got hit with this. I did visit a site yesterday that had an article on "bitcoins." I cannot confirm that it is where I inherited this issue, but would sure make sense. I have turned hiden files on, but have yet to find the file. I am a bit of a novice. Any further suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Just got hit with this. I did visit a site yesterday that had an article on "bitcoins." I cannot confirm that it is where I inherited this issue, but would sure make sense.

I have turned hiden files on, but have yet to find the file. I am a bit of a novice. Any further suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Posted 03/19/2013 08:48 PM   
holy crap i tink i might have gotten it cuz i did start getting gpu error out of no where and drivers were crashing and restarting on my display lol last night ......anyone no a documentation...way to find the file ? i no u can winrar ..u can see hiden files and broswe them but i dont no
holy crap i tink i might have gotten it cuz i did start getting gpu error out of no where and drivers were crashing and restarting on my display lol last night ......anyone no a documentation...way to find the file ? i no u can winrar ..u can see hiden files and broswe them but i dont no

Posted 03/19/2013 09:40 PM   
Thx for the research, had it to. Did the things u described and it worked.
Thx for the research, had it to. Did the things u described and it worked.

Posted 03/20/2013 08:09 PM   
[quote="dejongher"]Thx for the research, had it to. Did the things u described and it worked.[/quote] I'm very happy it helped, because i was going insane figuring it out.
dejongher said:Thx for the research, had it to. Did the things u described and it worked.

I'm very happy it helped, because i was going insane figuring it out.

Posted 03/21/2013 11:17 PM   
[quote="XTF"]Why does this crash the driver?[/quote] Bitcoin mining is very computationally intensive. It can cause crashes just like any other hardware stress test would.
XTF said:Why does this crash the driver?

Bitcoin mining is very computationally intensive. It can cause crashes just like any other hardware stress test would.

Posted 03/22/2013 01:32 AM   
I noticed that crapware researching bitcoins last week. Chrome spotted it as well as Microsoft Security Essentials. Seems miscreants stop at nothing
I noticed that crapware researching bitcoins last week. Chrome spotted it as well as Microsoft Security Essentials.

Seems miscreants stop at nothing

I have been a vegan since 1969. I have experienced more prejudice than anyone can possibly imagine. So much for my civil rights.

Posted 03/22/2013 02:43 AM   
There's a lot of security vulnerabilities involving Java lately. I'm not sure if this is one of them, but if you do have Java installed, the current recommendation is to [u]disable[/u] its plugin in your web browser. Be aware however that the auto-update feature of Java will re-enable the browser plugin each time it updates. In that case I would disable auto-update as well (do NOT turn off updates in the event that browser plugin is still enabled!). Better yet, if you don't know you need Java, uninstall it entirely. You could always reinstall the most current version later if needed. Applications like Minecraft require Java, but [u]not the browser plugin[/u] which is the attack vector in nearly all cases.
There's a lot of security vulnerabilities involving Java lately. I'm not sure if this is one of them, but if you do have Java installed, the current recommendation is to disable its plugin in your web browser.

Be aware however that the auto-update feature of Java will re-enable the browser plugin each time it updates. In that case I would disable auto-update as well (do NOT turn off updates in the event that browser plugin is still enabled!).

Better yet, if you don't know you need Java, uninstall it entirely. You could always reinstall the most current version later if needed. Applications like Minecraft require Java, but not the browser plugin which is the attack vector in nearly all cases.

Posted 03/22/2013 05:30 PM   
I've checked around my computer for the last 4 hours, there is no trace of this malware, but i still experience the crash whilst playing Guild Wars 2, the staff directed me here after helping me with this issue over this last week. I really hope there is a fix for the TDR soon
I've checked around my computer for the last 4 hours, there is no trace of this malware, but i still experience the crash whilst playing Guild Wars 2, the staff directed me here after helping me with this issue over this last week. I really hope there is a fix for the TDR soon

Posted 03/23/2013 07:02 AM   
makes sure you have an adequate PSU and make sure your components are properly seated etc. also make sure dust has not clogged crucial fans etc. Is Guild Wars 2 the only game at issue?
makes sure you have an adequate PSU and make sure your components are properly seated etc.

also make sure dust has not clogged crucial fans etc.

Is Guild Wars 2 the only game at issue?

I have been a vegan since 1969. I have experienced more prejudice than anyone can possibly imagine. So much for my civil rights.

Posted 03/23/2013 03:25 PM   
  1 / 7    
Scroll To Top