Windows 7 Media Center Stutter screen and black screen

anyone else have this problem?

no issues
Yes flicker, stutter or blank screens
I have Media Center on Windows 7 and Nvidia 314.07 driver installed and I have the screen flickering and also a black screen and it relates to the same 29/59 bug issues. can someone help as this is driving me nuts and the ATI card did not have these problems, why is it Nvidia can not give us a stable driver that works fine with Media center and the refresh and 29/59 issues. the Video Card I am using is an MSI GTS450 card it is factory clocked. I have an ASUS Motherboard. AMD CPU FX, 16GB of RAM RAID 1 2TB One thing I found is that setting the color mode to full screen Video Helps but the bug I see is when the TV screen shuts off on powersave mode then the Video card will reset this setting. There should be a way to lock in this setting as I always want it set to Full Screen video and not RGB setting but it changes daily. Please have a way to lock this setting either for the TV Brand or the port like HDMI
I have Media Center on Windows 7 and Nvidia 314.07 driver installed and I have the screen flickering and also a black screen and it relates to the same 29/59 bug issues. can someone help as this is driving me nuts and the ATI card did not have these problems, why is it Nvidia can not give us a stable driver that works fine with Media center and the refresh and 29/59 issues.

the Video Card I am using is an MSI GTS450 card it is factory clocked.
I have an ASUS Motherboard. AMD CPU FX, 16GB of RAM RAID 1 2TB

One thing I found is that setting the color mode to full screen Video Helps but the bug I see is when the TV screen shuts off on powersave mode then the Video card will reset this setting. There should be a way to lock in this setting as I always want it set to Full Screen video and not RGB setting but it changes daily. Please have a way to lock this setting either for the TV Brand or the port like HDMI

Posted 03/08/2013 01:33 AM   
anyone from NVIDIA have some help?
anyone from NVIDIA have some help?

Posted 03/14/2013 02:50 AM   
Same issue here mate only with WMC7 32, Live TV and recordings. I just upgraded (I thought) from a GT 220 1GB DDR3 card to a GT 640 1GB DDR3 card and now have this issue.
Same issue here mate only with WMC7 32, Live TV and recordings.

I just upgraded (I thought) from a GT 220 1GB DDR3 card to a GT 640 1GB DDR3 card and now have this issue.

Posted 05/06/2013 03:16 PM   
There isn't a 29/59 issue anymore, nvidia emulates a fix in the driver level that simulates 60hz when the display is actually only capable of 59hz tv timings.
There isn't a 29/59 issue anymore, nvidia emulates a fix in the driver level that simulates 60hz when the display is actually only capable of 59hz tv timings.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Posted 05/06/2013 06:13 PM   
Thank you for the information Sora. I have tried the new settings for 59 or 60hz, but they have no effect as the display still flickers with WMC Live TV and it's recordings. I think it's best to start my own thread.
Thank you for the information Sora.

I have tried the new settings for 59 or 60hz, but they have no effect as the display still flickers with WMC Live TV and it's recordings.

I think it's best to start my own thread.

Posted 05/12/2013 12:37 PM   
What do you mean there is no Issue? I still have this problem. The issue shows up anytime the TV is turned off and the computer is left on the the NVIDIA control panel will default color mode to auto instead of full screen Video. What driver is being said will work? I did try the latest WHQL driver but still no solution. In media center the Video Switches between 29 and 59hz and this is what seems to cause the video to go black. happens quite a bit on syfy shows.
What do you mean there is no Issue? I still have this problem. The issue shows up anytime the TV is turned off and the computer is left on the the NVIDIA control panel will default color mode to auto instead of full screen Video. What driver is being said will work? I did try the latest WHQL driver but still no solution. In media center the Video Switches between 29 and 59hz and this is what seems to cause the video to go black. happens quite a bit on syfy shows.

Posted 08/30/2013 03:04 PM   
I have this problem too. For me, this problem exists in every driver newer than 280.26. Please try clean installation of 280.26 driver to see if it helps in your case. I have no framerate/frequency switch - my LCD is 60 Hz, Live TV is 50 Hz. My PC: Athlon X2 4800+ ASUS M2N-VM HDMI 8 GB RAM DDR2 Gigabyte GTX 560 22" LG flat screen connected trough DVI Windows 7 64bit (have tried clean installation) I have two same computers and I can reproduce this everytime on both of them.
I have this problem too. For me, this problem exists in every driver newer than 280.26.

Please try clean installation of 280.26 driver to see if it helps in your case.

I have no framerate/frequency switch - my LCD is 60 Hz, Live TV is 50 Hz.

My PC:
Athlon X2 4800+
ASUS M2N-VM HDMI
8 GB RAM DDR2
Gigabyte GTX 560
22" LG flat screen connected trough DVI
Windows 7 64bit (have tried clean installation)

I have two same computers and I can reproduce this everytime on both of them.

Posted 08/30/2013 08:16 PM   
a clean install did not help the only way I can get the problem to go away is to change the setting to full screen video and not auto, the problem is this setting always resets to auto each time the screen is turned off
a clean install did not help the only way I can get the problem to go away is to change the setting to full screen video and not auto, the problem is this setting always resets to auto each time the screen is turned off

Posted 09/07/2013 12:02 AM   
Does NVIDIA want to fix and support their cards? I may had to go to AMD as they worked without these bugs,
Does NVIDIA want to fix and support their cards? I may had to go to AMD as they worked without these bugs,

Posted 10/12/2013 03:52 PM   
Scroll To Top