Tomb Raider Crash issue
  1 / 12    
it crash all the time in game, alot ppl have same problem with nvidia card, as u can check Steam Community. ppl talk about this. my card is GTX 680 (314.14)
it crash all the time in game, alot ppl have same problem with nvidia card, as u can check Steam Community. ppl talk about this.
my card is GTX 680 (314.14)

Posted 03/05/2013 01:42 PM   
I had the same issue with my GTX 680, if you downgrade your drivers to 310.90 the game will play without crashing. 32 Bit: [url]http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-win7-winvista-32bit-310.90-whql-driver-uk.html[/url] 64 Bit: [url]http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.90-whql-driver-uk.html[/url]
I had the same issue with my GTX 680, if you downgrade your drivers to 310.90 the game will play without crashing.

32 Bit:
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-win7-winvista-32bit-310.90-whql-driver-uk.html

64 Bit:
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.90-whql-driver-uk.html

Posted 03/05/2013 02:07 PM   
Turning off Tessellation for this game also fixes the crashes. Nvidia is behind the curve for this game and needs to release new drivers to fix this. Lot's of unhappy campers out there that bought this game and getting crash to desktop and system crashes because of Nivdia not keeping up with this game. Nvidia was on the ball with Crysis 3 but dropped the ball on this one.
Turning off Tessellation for this game also fixes the crashes. Nvidia is behind the curve for this game and needs to release new drivers to fix this. Lot's of unhappy campers out there that bought this game and getting crash to desktop and system crashes because of Nivdia not keeping up with this game. Nvidia was on the ball with Crysis 3 but dropped the ball on this one.

I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDD, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Posted 03/05/2013 05:51 PM   
Yup. Please Nvidia, get this sorted whichever way you can. I really don't want to beat the entire game before you fix tessellation.
Yup. Please Nvidia, get this sorted whichever way you can. I really don't want to beat the entire game before you fix tessellation.

Posted 03/05/2013 06:10 PM   
Had the same problem with my 670. Would play for about 5 minutes and then either the game crashed or had a graphics glitch similar to the one everybody got in far cry 3. I turned SSAO off and haven't had a problem since. Nvidia really needs to fix this.
Had the same problem with my 670. Would play for about 5 minutes and then either the game crashed or had a graphics glitch similar to the one everybody got in far cry 3. I turned SSAO off and haven't had a problem since. Nvidia really needs to fix this.

Posted 03/05/2013 07:15 PM   
[quote="Mike89"]Turning off Tessellation for this game also fixes the crashes. Nvidia is behind the curve for this game and needs to release new drivers to fix this. Lot's of unhappy campers out there that bought this game and getting crash to desktop and system crashes because of Nivdia not keeping up with this game. Nvidia was on the ball with Crysis 3 but dropped the ball on this one.[/quote]Turned off tessellation, but the game still crashes for me. I'm on a 670.
Mike89 said:Turning off Tessellation for this game also fixes the crashes. Nvidia is behind the curve for this game and needs to release new drivers to fix this. Lot's of unhappy campers out there that bought this game and getting crash to desktop and system crashes because of Nivdia not keeping up with this game. Nvidia was on the ball with Crysis 3 but dropped the ball on this one.
Turned off tessellation, but the game still crashes for me. I'm on a 670.

Posted 03/05/2013 08:12 PM   
[quote="Excellentia"][quote="Mike89"]Turning off Tessellation for this game also fixes the crashes. Nvidia is behind the curve for this game and needs to release new drivers to fix this. Lot's of unhappy campers out there that bought this game and getting crash to desktop and system crashes because of Nivdia not keeping up with this game. Nvidia was on the ball with Crysis 3 but dropped the ball on this one.[/quote]Turned off tessellation, but the game still crashes for me. I'm on a 670.[/quote] Strange. I've played for hours with tessellation off. It's only when I have tessellation on do I crash. I even have TressFX on and I'm hitting 100FPS. I have two 670s in SLI.
Excellentia said:
Mike89 said:Turning off Tessellation for this game also fixes the crashes. Nvidia is behind the curve for this game and needs to release new drivers to fix this. Lot's of unhappy campers out there that bought this game and getting crash to desktop and system crashes because of Nivdia not keeping up with this game. Nvidia was on the ball with Crysis 3 but dropped the ball on this one.

Strange. I've played for hours with tessellation off. It's only when I have tessellation on do I crash. I even have TressFX on and I'm hitting 100FPS.

I have two 670s in SLI.

Posted 03/05/2013 09:32 PM   
[quote="Spacecraft"][quote="Excellentia"][quote="Mike89"]Turning off Tessellation for this game also fixes the crashes. Nvidia is behind the curve for this game and needs to release new drivers to fix this. Lot's of unhappy campers out there that bought this game and getting crash to desktop and system crashes because of Nivdia not keeping up with this game. Nvidia was on the ball with Crysis 3 but dropped the ball on this one.[/quote]Turned off tessellation, but the game still crashes for me. I'm on a 670.[/quote] Strange. I've played for hours with tessellation off. It's only when I have tessellation on do I crash. I even have TressFX on and I'm hitting 100FPS. I have two 670s in SLI.[/quote] I've also had the crashes, tried a few different solutions which I found on the steam forums. For me it's switching off tessellation. I run 2 690s in SLI and have the 314.07 drivers on Win 7 64 bit. Perhaps you could try one of the other solutions I found (for me they didn't work though) - Setting tombraider.exe to run as administrator. - Rolling your driver back to 310.90 - Switching to the Hitman Absolution profile. - Turning off TessFX (although this seems more related to FPS performance as the crashes). It's a bit dissapointing having to switch off the tesselation. I do hope either Nvidia will release a driver which solves it soon or there will be a patch for Tomb Raider to sovle it. Nevertheless even without tesselation the game looks great and even more important is a lot of fun to play imo :)
Spacecraft said:
Excellentia said:

Strange. I've played for hours with tessellation off. It's only when I have tessellation on do I crash. I even have TressFX on and I'm hitting 100FPS.

I have two 670s in SLI.

I've also had the crashes, tried a few different solutions which I found on the steam forums. For me it's switching off tessellation. I run 2 690s in SLI and have the 314.07 drivers on Win 7 64 bit.

Perhaps you could try one of the other solutions I found (for me they didn't work though)
- Setting tombraider.exe to run as administrator.
- Rolling your driver back to 310.90
- Switching to the Hitman Absolution profile.
- Turning off TessFX (although this seems more related to FPS performance as the crashes).

It's a bit dissapointing having to switch off the tesselation. I do hope either Nvidia will release a driver which solves it soon or there will be a patch for Tomb Raider to sovle it.

Nevertheless even without tesselation the game looks great and even more important is a lot of fun to play imo :)

Posted 03/06/2013 12:03 AM   
Same for me here using a GTX670. Soon has reach outdoor at the begining BOOM cannot play anymore Keep crashing soon as i launch the game. Also tried with Tess OFF and same Issue!!! :-( Cannot play for the moment!!
Same for me here using a GTX670. Soon has reach outdoor at the begining BOOM cannot play anymore Keep crashing soon as i launch the game.
Also tried with Tess OFF and same Issue!!! :-( Cannot play for the moment!!

Posted 03/06/2013 12:57 AM   
We are aware of major performance and stability issues with GeForce GPUs running Tomb Raider with maximum settings. Unfortunately, NVIDIA didn’t receive final code until this past weekend which substantially decreased stability, image quality and performance over a build we were previously provided. We are working closely with Crystal Dynamics to address and resolve all game issues as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we would like to apologize to GeForce users that are not able to have a great experience playing Tomb Raider, as they have come to expect with all of their favorite PC games.
We are aware of major performance and stability issues with GeForce GPUs running Tomb Raider with maximum settings.

Unfortunately, NVIDIA didn’t receive final code until this past weekend which substantially decreased stability, image quality and performance over a build we were previously provided. We are working closely with Crystal Dynamics to address and resolve all game issues as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, we would like to apologize to GeForce users that are not able to have a great experience playing Tomb Raider, as they have come to expect with all of their favorite PC games.

If I don't keep up on subsequent replies to a thread, please send me a PM, as I monitor a large number of threads across all the forums.

Posted 03/06/2013 01:41 AM   
[quote="NVGareth"]We are aware of major performance and stability issues with GeForce GPUs running Tomb Raider with maximum settings. Unfortunately, NVIDIA didn’t receive final code until this past weekend which substantially decreased stability, image quality and performance over a build we were previously provided. We are working closely with Crystal Dynamics to address and resolve all game issues as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we would like to apologize to GeForce users that are not able to have a great experience playing Tomb Raider, as they have come to expect with all of their favorite PC games. [/quote] Thanks for this update. Really disappointed that they did this, but I'm confident you guys at Nvidia will get everything working well in no time.
NVGareth said:We are aware of major performance and stability issues with GeForce GPUs running Tomb Raider with maximum settings.

Unfortunately, NVIDIA didn’t receive final code until this past weekend which substantially decreased stability, image quality and performance over a build we were previously provided. We are working closely with Crystal Dynamics to address and resolve all game issues as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, we would like to apologize to GeForce users that are not able to have a great experience playing Tomb Raider, as they have come to expect with all of their favorite PC games.

Thanks for this update. Really disappointed that they did this, but I'm confident you guys at Nvidia will get everything working well in no time.

Posted 03/06/2013 01:52 AM   
Thanks for the Update!
Thanks for the Update!

Posted 03/06/2013 01:56 AM   
Thanks for the update! Much appreciated.
Thanks for the update! Much appreciated.

Posted 03/06/2013 02:45 AM   
I have gtx 275 and when i press play its said that tomb raider stop.
I have gtx 275 and when i press play its said that tomb raider stop.

Posted 03/06/2013 06:10 PM   
Pretty sure that's Russian. Are you using a illegal copy of the game? Reason I ask is because a lot of times they use the Russian language packs and not the english, so you end up with problems and error messages like this
Pretty sure that's Russian. Are you using a illegal copy of the game? Reason I ask is because a lot of times they use the Russian language packs and not the english, so you end up with problems and error messages like this

Posted 03/06/2013 08:01 PM   
  1 / 12    
Scroll To Top