Nvidia, please take a look at Tomb Raider
  1 / 27    
game is crashing all over the shop, tried a few drivers now, done the usual i.e. reduce OC etc. but stil crashing. Someone was saying that the tessellation is causing it. I can run the game for a while then Boom, game crashes. :( I have game maxed but disabled AA, DOF, and post processing. Cheers.
game is crashing all over the shop, tried a few drivers now, done the usual i.e. reduce OC etc. but stil crashing.
Someone was saying that the tessellation is causing it. I can run the game for a while then Boom, game crashes. :(
I have game maxed but disabled AA, DOF, and post processing.
Cheers.

i5 3570k @4.8
Gigabyte z77x up4 th
680 Classified
8gb Dominator GT @2400
xfx 850w psu /Win8.1

Posted 03/05/2013 06:50 AM   
Same problem here, it really needs fixing. in the mean time try running the game with the following: TressFX OFF SSAO OFF Exclusive Fullscreen OFF
Same problem here, it really needs fixing.

in the mean time try running the game with the following:

TressFX OFF
SSAO OFF
Exclusive Fullscreen OFF

Posted 03/05/2013 07:16 AM   
No way am i lowering candy levels, i'll just wait for fix and finish crysis 3.
No way am i lowering candy levels, i'll just wait for fix and finish crysis 3.

i5 3570k @4.8
Gigabyte z77x up4 th
680 Classified
8gb Dominator GT @2400
xfx 850w psu /Win8.1

Posted 03/05/2013 07:21 AM   
[quote="SLI-756"]No way am i lowering candy levels, i'll just wait for fix and finish crysis 3.[/quote] lol I agree, otherwise it ruins the game, what seems to be slowing the game down is TressFX which is just for Lara's hair & SSAO is actually making the game look worse at the moment by scattering random shadow artifacts all over the character models. *sigh... the woes of PC gaming.
SLI-756 said:No way am i lowering candy levels, i'll just wait for fix and finish crysis 3.

lol I agree, otherwise it ruins the game, what seems to be slowing the game down is TressFX which is just for Lara's hair & SSAO is actually making the game look worse at the moment by scattering random shadow artifacts all over the character models. *sigh... the woes of PC gaming.

Posted 03/05/2013 07:28 AM   
windows update driver 311.06 seems a lot better, still not one crash .. you'll have to uninstall your current nvidia driver then run windows update to get the 311.06 .
windows update driver 311.06 seems a lot better, still not one crash ..
you'll have to uninstall your current nvidia driver then run windows update to get the 311.06 .

i5 3570k @4.8
Gigabyte z77x up4 th
680 Classified
8gb Dominator GT @2400
xfx 850w psu /Win8.1

Posted 03/05/2013 08:17 AM   
Tomb Raider didn't unlock here in the UK until midnight so I've only played it for just over a couple of hours but in that time I experienced two total system freezes that required a hard reset. Those happened within 10 minutes of playing the first time (it froze at the point Lara finds the backpack) and the second time it was less than a minute from resuming my last save which was the wall jump just before the clearing where the backpack is. I'm using the following settings (I only have a single 24" monitor): 1920x1200, 2xSSAA, 16xAF, everything else On, including Tessellation etc., or set to Ultra/High. TressFX hair and triple buffering/v-sync are also enabled. It is maxed out as far as the game will allow without switching to 4xSSAA. The in-game benchmark reported an average framerate on those settings of 49.9 fps and a max of 60.3 fps (v-sync was enabled... forgot to turn it off for the benchmark). I initially tried the game on the v314.07 WHQL drivers for the first freeze but the second one occurred with the latest v314.14 betas so they didn't help. The Tomb Raider SLI profile was included with both drivers. Desperate to play the game I'd just bought, I turned off Tessellation while keeping everything else the same, including TressFX hair enabled. Lo and behold I was able to play the game for almost two hours, way past where the backpack was, before I finally decided to call it a night and go to bed. There is clearly some major issue here on my system with Tessellation and/or SLI and, from reading around, it seems many other NVIDIA card users are also experiencing freezes and crashes to the desktop with this game. I noticed that this is an AMD branded title so I suspect it is optimized more for their cards (I won't say they've gimped it for NVIDIA owners because I'm not that cynical!). However, that does not excuse NVIDIA, who IMO have an obligation to make sure these games run on their cards at launch. I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick and fed up of major releases coming out with serious issues that impair the gameplay experience. It is happening far too often of late and I do not think it is acceptable to have to wait weeks, months even, for updated drivers and patches to fix these issues. Didn't NVIDIA test this game prior to its release?
Tomb Raider didn't unlock here in the UK until midnight so I've only played it for just over a couple of hours but in that time I experienced two total system freezes that required a hard reset. Those happened within 10 minutes of playing the first time (it froze at the point Lara finds the backpack) and the second time it was less than a minute from resuming my last save which was the wall jump just before the clearing where the backpack is.

I'm using the following settings (I only have a single 24" monitor): 1920x1200, 2xSSAA, 16xAF, everything else On, including Tessellation etc., or set to Ultra/High. TressFX hair and triple buffering/v-sync are also enabled. It is maxed out as far as the game will allow without switching to 4xSSAA. The in-game benchmark reported an average framerate on those settings of 49.9 fps and a max of 60.3 fps (v-sync was enabled... forgot to turn it off for the benchmark). I initially tried the game on the v314.07 WHQL drivers for the first freeze but the second one occurred with the latest v314.14 betas so they didn't help. The Tomb Raider SLI profile was included with both drivers. Desperate to play the game I'd just bought, I turned off Tessellation while keeping everything else the same, including TressFX hair enabled. Lo and behold I was able to play the game for almost two hours, way past where the backpack was, before I finally decided to call it a night and go to bed.

There is clearly some major issue here on my system with Tessellation and/or SLI and, from reading around, it seems many other NVIDIA card users are also experiencing freezes and crashes to the desktop with this game. I noticed that this is an AMD branded title so I suspect it is optimized more for their cards (I won't say they've gimped it for NVIDIA owners because I'm not that cynical!). However, that does not excuse NVIDIA, who IMO have an obligation to make sure these games run on their cards at launch. I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick and fed up of major releases coming out with serious issues that impair the gameplay experience. It is happening far too often of late and I do not think it is acceptable to have to wait weeks, months even, for updated drivers and patches to fix these issues. Didn't NVIDIA test this game prior to its release?

Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.5 GHz | Noctua NH-D14 cooler | ASUS Z87 Deluxe motherboard v1707 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1,600 MHz DDR3 memory | 3 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 graphics | Creative X-Fi Titanium HD audio | 256 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot) v070H | 2 x 2 TB Seagate Barracuda SATAIII hard drives | 1 x 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 SATAII hard drive | 2 x Samsung SH-B123L BD-ROM/DVD rewriters | Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced case | Cooler Master Silent Pro M850 PSU | Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center (64-bit)

Posted 03/05/2013 10:43 AM   
edit: nevermind
edit: nevermind

Posted 03/05/2013 12:53 PM   
Disable in options "Exclusive Fullscreen" for not crash.
Disable in options "Exclusive Fullscreen" for not crash.

MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti OC EDITION

Win 8(64bit)

Posted 03/05/2013 01:25 PM   
+1 to this thread. Issues seem limited to the 6xx series cards (and the 580?) with Tessellation switched on. The opening "cave sequence" runs flawlessly but as soon as you go outside the game crashes approx every 2 mins. I can confirm that disabling tessellation seems to fix the issue but obviously has a substantial impact on graphics quality. There are now hundreds of reports of this on the steam forums (http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846946775328367480/ and http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846946775328659910/) and also a couple on the official TR forums (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133902) It seems most people are using the 314.07 WHQL drivers but some people have reported some success with the 310.90 drivers (clean install) [u]System Specs[/u] Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ stock RAM: 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: Nvidia 670GTX (4GB) @ stock OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 GPU Driver Version: 314.07 DirectX Version: 11
+1 to this thread.

Issues seem limited to the 6xx series cards (and the 580?) with Tessellation switched on. The opening "cave sequence" runs flawlessly but as soon as you go outside the game crashes approx every 2 mins.

I can confirm that disabling tessellation seems to fix the issue but obviously has a substantial impact on graphics quality.

There are now hundreds of reports of this on the steam forums (http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846946775328367480/ and http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846946775328659910/) and also a couple on the official TR forums (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133902)

It seems most people are using the 314.07 WHQL drivers but some people have reported some success with the 310.90 drivers (clean install)

System Specs
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V
CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ stock
RAM: 8GB DDR3-1600
GPU: Nvidia 670GTX (4GB) @ stock
GPU Driver Version: 314.07
DirectX Version: 11

Posted 03/05/2013 02:00 PM   
NVIDIA AND GAME PUBLISHERS/DEVELOPERS DIDNT TEST THEIR GAMES BEFORE RELEASE. EVERY GAME GOES LIKE **** AFTER RELEASE. NFS MW NEEDS 3 MONTHS FOR NORMALY PLAY AT HIGHEND MACHINES. SAD THAT THIS IS GLOBAL COMPANYS AND WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, JUST DONT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS.
NVIDIA AND GAME PUBLISHERS/DEVELOPERS DIDNT TEST THEIR GAMES BEFORE RELEASE. EVERY GAME GOES LIKE **** AFTER RELEASE. NFS MW NEEDS 3 MONTHS FOR NORMALY PLAY AT HIGHEND MACHINES. SAD THAT THIS IS GLOBAL COMPANYS AND WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, JUST DONT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS.

Posted 03/05/2013 02:21 PM   
As the earlier v310.xx drivers seem to work on the Kepler cards with tessellation enabled, it does rather point to a bug in the latest v314.xx drivers, which is quite frankly a huge disappointment considering NVIDIA must have had ample time to get tested and working drivers out for this game. Or are they more interested in supporting their new baby now, the GTX Titan? Getting rather fed up of PC games with launch days issues that mean having to wait days or weeks for fixes. Considering a graphics cards primary purpose is for games you'd think that NVIDIA would work closer with developers to ensure that their games work on all their cards. On the evidence of this game, it seems not... Incidentally, what happened to NVIDIA's The Way It's Meant to Played Program? I see fewer and fewer of these branded games these days and more and more AMD ones and it surely can't be a coincidence that there has been an increase in the number of games with launch day issues on NVIDIA hardware. Do NVIDIA not care anymore?
As the earlier v310.xx drivers seem to work on the Kepler cards with tessellation enabled, it does rather point to a bug in the latest v314.xx drivers, which is quite frankly a huge disappointment considering NVIDIA must have had ample time to get tested and working drivers out for this game. Or are they more interested in supporting their new baby now, the GTX Titan? Getting rather fed up of PC games with launch days issues that mean having to wait days or weeks for fixes. Considering a graphics cards primary purpose is for games you'd think that NVIDIA would work closer with developers to ensure that their games work on all their cards. On the evidence of this game, it seems not...

Incidentally, what happened to NVIDIA's The Way It's Meant to Played Program? I see fewer and fewer of these branded games these days and more and more AMD ones and it surely can't be a coincidence that there has been an increase in the number of games with launch day issues on NVIDIA hardware. Do NVIDIA not care anymore?

Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.5 GHz | Noctua NH-D14 cooler | ASUS Z87 Deluxe motherboard v1707 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1,600 MHz DDR3 memory | 3 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 graphics | Creative X-Fi Titanium HD audio | 256 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot) v070H | 2 x 2 TB Seagate Barracuda SATAIII hard drives | 1 x 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 SATAII hard drive | 2 x Samsung SH-B123L BD-ROM/DVD rewriters | Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced case | Cooler Master Silent Pro M850 PSU | Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center (64-bit)

Posted 03/05/2013 02:22 PM   
[quote="Tomas.Jarri"]NVIDIA AND GAME PUBLISHERS/DEVELOPERS DIDNT TEST THEIR GAMES BEFORE RELEASE. EVERY GAME GOES LIKE **** AFTER RELEASE. NFS MW NEEDS 3 MONTHS FOR NORMALY PLAY AT HIGHEND MACHINES. SAD THAT THIS IS GLOBAL COMPANYS AND WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, JUST DONT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS.[/quote] Shouting aside (has your Capslock key become stuck or something?), I agree that the number of games that launch with major issues is becoming a concern for me as someone who buys them on Day One not several months later when all the patches and drivers have been released to support the game. NFS: Most Wanted was god-awful on my system for months and was only fixed last month, long after I'd stopped playing it. That just isn't good enough. I really do feel like I'm beta testing a lot of PC games to be honest, which I wouldn't mind if I hadn't paid for the games!!!
Tomas.Jarri said:NVIDIA AND GAME PUBLISHERS/DEVELOPERS DIDNT TEST THEIR GAMES BEFORE RELEASE. EVERY GAME GOES LIKE **** AFTER RELEASE. NFS MW NEEDS 3 MONTHS FOR NORMALY PLAY AT HIGHEND MACHINES. SAD THAT THIS IS GLOBAL COMPANYS AND WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, JUST DONT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS.

Shouting aside (has your Capslock key become stuck or something?), I agree that the number of games that launch with major issues is becoming a concern for me as someone who buys them on Day One not several months later when all the patches and drivers have been released to support the game. NFS: Most Wanted was god-awful on my system for months and was only fixed last month, long after I'd stopped playing it. That just isn't good enough. I really do feel like I'm beta testing a lot of PC games to be honest, which I wouldn't mind if I hadn't paid for the games!!!

Posted 03/05/2013 02:26 PM   
[quote="Daz1967"][quote="Tomas.Jarri"]NVIDIA AND GAME PUBLISHERS/DEVELOPERS DIDNT TEST THEIR GAMES BEFORE RELEASE. EVERY GAME GOES LIKE **** AFTER RELEASE. NFS MW NEEDS 3 MONTHS FOR NORMALY PLAY AT HIGHEND MACHINES. SAD THAT THIS IS GLOBAL COMPANYS AND WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, JUST DONT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS.[/quote] Shouting aside (has your Capslock key become stuck or something?), I agree that the number of games that launch with major issues is becoming a concern for me as someone who buys them on Day One not several months later when all the patches and drivers have been released to support the game. NFS: Most Wanted was god-awful on my system for months and was only fixed last month, long after I'd stopped playing it. That just isn't good enough. I really do feel like I'm beta testing a lot of PC games to be honest, which I wouldn't mind if I hadn't paid for the games!!![/quote] Sorry about capslock. Man, you've got it. People, we are just testers of new games. How can somebody release uncompleted game? It is possible in this world, as you can see, because of big global companies like this. That's why there came consoles. But conosles is 7-8 years old machines. I will not buy any game on release day. Never! After some patches and when I will read some forums about how game goes on highend machines. I dont buy highend machine because of I cant play on high settings any game because is bad optimalized.
Daz1967 said:
Tomas.Jarri said:NVIDIA AND GAME PUBLISHERS/DEVELOPERS DIDNT TEST THEIR GAMES BEFORE RELEASE. EVERY GAME GOES LIKE **** AFTER RELEASE. NFS MW NEEDS 3 MONTHS FOR NORMALY PLAY AT HIGHEND MACHINES. SAD THAT THIS IS GLOBAL COMPANYS AND WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, JUST DONT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS.

Shouting aside (has your Capslock key become stuck or something?), I agree that the number of games that launch with major issues is becoming a concern for me as someone who buys them on Day One not several months later when all the patches and drivers have been released to support the game. NFS: Most Wanted was god-awful on my system for months and was only fixed last month, long after I'd stopped playing it. That just isn't good enough. I really do feel like I'm beta testing a lot of PC games to be honest, which I wouldn't mind if I hadn't paid for the games!!!

Sorry about capslock.
Man, you've got it. People, we are just testers of new games. How can somebody release uncompleted game? It is possible in this world, as you can see, because of big global companies like this. That's why there came consoles. But conosles is 7-8 years old machines.

I will not buy any game on release day. Never! After some patches and when I will read some forums about how game goes on highend machines.

I dont buy highend machine because of I cant play on high settings any game because is bad optimalized.

Posted 03/05/2013 02:42 PM   
[quote="Reevsie147"]+1 to this thread. Issues seem limited to the 6xx series cards (and the 580?) with Tessellation switched on. The opening "cave sequence" runs flawlessly but as soon as you go outside the game crashes approx every 2 mins. I can confirm that disabling tessellation seems to fix the issue but obviously has a substantial impact on graphics quality. There are now hundreds of reports of this on the steam forums (http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846946775328367480/ and http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846946775328659910/) and also a couple on the official TR forums (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133902) It seems most people are using the 314.07 WHQL drivers but some people have reported some success with the 310.90 drivers (clean install) [u]System Specs[/u] Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ stock RAM: 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: Nvidia 670GTX (4GB) @ stock OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 GPU Driver Version: 314.07 DirectX Version: 11[/quote] Could be a 6xx series bug. I played it for half an hour this morning before work with no crashes with 2x 580's and everything at max except for FXAA and TressFX disabled. I'll be able to do some further testing tonight. Fingers crossed for a faultless Bioshock Infinite, I won't hold my breath though.
Reevsie147 said:+1 to this thread.

Issues seem limited to the 6xx series cards (and the 580?) with Tessellation switched on. The opening "cave sequence" runs flawlessly but as soon as you go outside the game crashes approx every 2 mins.

I can confirm that disabling tessellation seems to fix the issue but obviously has a substantial impact on graphics quality.

There are now hundreds of reports of this on the steam forums (http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846946775328367480/ and http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846946775328659910/) and also a couple on the official TR forums (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133902)

It seems most people are using the 314.07 WHQL drivers but some people have reported some success with the 310.90 drivers (clean install)

System Specs
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V
CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ stock
RAM: 8GB DDR3-1600
GPU: Nvidia 670GTX (4GB) @ stock
GPU Driver Version: 314.07
DirectX Version: 11

Could be a 6xx series bug. I played it for half an hour this morning before work with no crashes with 2x 580's and everything at max except for FXAA and TressFX disabled. I'll be able to do some further testing tonight.

Fingers crossed for a faultless Bioshock Infinite, I won't hold my breath though.

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Pro
CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz
RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 8GB @ 1600Mhz
GPU: 2x MSI GTX 580 Lightning's SLI @ 950/1900/2100Mhz
SSD: Crucial M4 128GB SATA III
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA III
PSU: Corsair TX850W
Case: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced
CPU Cooler: Corsair A50
Monitor: BenQ XL2411T 24" @ 144Hz

Posted 03/05/2013 02:44 PM   
+ 1 Need an optimized driver for Tomb Raider. I have extremely low fps
+ 1

Need an optimized driver for Tomb Raider.

I have extremely low fps

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Rampage IV Extreme
Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.7 GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
2x Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB Raid 0 / Seagate Barracuda 3TB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB
2x Asus GTX 690 Quad-SLI
3x BenQ XL2420T (Triple-Screen Setup for Nvidia Surround)
Asus D2X Soundcard / Astro A50 Wireless Headset
Enermax Platimax 1500 Watts PSU
Razer Deathstalker Ultimate / Razer Naga Epic

Posted 03/05/2013 03:05 PM   
  1 / 27    
Scroll To Top