SLI Titans not very smooth
Hi There, Congrats on a beast of a card and I thought I would give some feedback on the current drivers whilst gaming at 5760x1080 Resolution. Most games are very smooth but a couple are not. I have come from SLI 680's and Far Cry 3 was great with the 313.95 drivers but not so great on Titans. Understandably, new tech can take some time to get working to its potential and I look forward to driver updates to address these issues. Here is some frame latency tests I did in a couple of the stuttery games. [IMG]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s255/gregtheman_photos/farcry3time.jpg[/IMG] As you can see, Far Cry 3 is a stuttery mess with frame times upto 154ms [IMG]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s255/gregtheman_photos/crysis3time.jpg[/IMG] Crysis 3 wasn't so bad but the occasional stutter and frame times reaching 198ms. [IMG]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s255/gregtheman_photos/bf3time.jpg[/IMG] BF3 was a little stuttery and you can see where from this graph. [IMG]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s255/gregtheman_photos/ac3time.jpg[/IMG] As you can see, Assassins Creed 3 was flawless and it played that way. Thanks for reading.
Hi There,

Congrats on a beast of a card and I thought I would give some feedback on the current drivers whilst gaming at 5760x1080 Resolution. Most games are very smooth but a couple are not. I have come from SLI 680's and Far Cry 3 was great with the 313.95 drivers but not so great on Titans. Understandably, new tech can take some time to get working to its potential and I look forward to driver updates to address these issues.

Here is some frame latency tests I did in a couple of the stuttery games.

As you can see, Far Cry 3 is a stuttery mess with frame times upto 154ms

Crysis 3 wasn't so bad but the occasional stutter and frame times reaching 198ms.

BF3 was a little stuttery and you can see where from this graph.

As you can see, Assassins Creed 3 was flawless and it played that way.

Thanks for reading.

3930K @ 5.0 - RIVF - Asus GTX Titan SLI - 16GB Avexir 2133 ram at 2333Mhz - XFX 1050 Black edition PSU - Switch 810 Big - Logitech G510 - Logitech G9 - XSPC Raystorm D5 RX360 water cooling kit + XSPC RX240 Rad - 3 * Asus VG278H Monitors (5760*1080 Res)

Posted 03/02/2013 08:31 PM   
Wondering if that was that the 2 grand you spent? I just came from 7850s crossfire and my latency was much tighter and less stuttery then that for fc3 and crysis3. I would be quite upset if I tested on 2gs of cards and found that result. I suggest just frame limit a 1 or 2 fps before the refresh and as far as farcry 3 goes. It just always stutters it seems. dx11 is fudged and ubisoft doesnt give much support or patching towards it. I have the msi gtx 670 power edition now and fc3 is still a mess thought very much more playable. For me to play dx11 on my xfired 7850s I had to limit the fps to as low as 51 to actually stop the 100+ms stutters. Though not as smooth as 60+fps it was extemely enjoyable after that. Best part is I wanted to come to the green team because of the drivers and as of right now I cant update past 306 drivers. Amd has quite the support now. How can I post my results of latency for crossfire so we can compare? I have the same program just wondering how you got those screenshots.
Wondering if that was that the 2 grand you spent? I just came from 7850s crossfire and my latency was much tighter and less stuttery then that for fc3 and crysis3. I would be quite upset if I tested on 2gs of cards and found that result. I suggest just frame limit a 1 or 2 fps before the refresh and as far as farcry 3 goes. It just always stutters it seems. dx11 is fudged and ubisoft doesnt give much support or patching towards it. I have the msi gtx 670 power edition now and fc3 is still a mess thought very much more playable. For me to play dx11 on my xfired 7850s I had to limit the fps to as low as 51 to actually stop the 100+ms stutters. Though not as smooth as 60+fps it was extemely enjoyable after that. Best part is I wanted to come to the green team because of the drivers and as of right now I cant update past 306 drivers. Amd has quite the support now.

How can I post my results of latency for crossfire so we can compare? I have the same program just wondering how you got those screenshots.

Posted 03/03/2013 12:42 AM   
[quote="h3r3tic"]How can I post my results of latency for crossfire so we can compare? I have the same program just wondering how you got those screenshots.[/quote] First you capture a benchmark in Fraps, then you open the resulting benchmark in FrafsBenchViewer to plot the graph. Unfortunately you won't really be able to make a direct comparison because I don't believe any of those games have a built-in timedemo. Instead you'll be capturing a few minutes of random gameplay.
h3r3tic said:How can I post my results of latency for crossfire so we can compare? I have the same program just wondering how you got those screenshots.

First you capture a benchmark in Fraps, then you open the resulting benchmark in FrafsBenchViewer to plot the graph.

Unfortunately you won't really be able to make a direct comparison because I don't believe any of those games have a built-in timedemo. Instead you'll be capturing a few minutes of random gameplay.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 03/03/2013 05:03 AM   
I do 5 min tests in game and use fraps bench viewer to give those nice graphs. I am not fussed, as I trust in Nvidia devs to sort this out. They are great at sorting small issues and I was highlighting the small issues I have found. I would have posted in the offical feedback thread but not one for Titans yet :) As for Far Cry 3, On my 680's in SLI, the 313.95 drivers gave great performance (As shown here) [IMG]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s255/gregtheman_photos/farcry3313.jpg[/IMG] Very smooth with those drivers.
I do 5 min tests in game and use fraps bench viewer to give those nice graphs. I am not fussed, as I trust in Nvidia devs to sort this out. They are great at sorting small issues and I was highlighting the small issues I have found. I would have posted in the offical feedback thread but not one for Titans yet :)

As for Far Cry 3, On my 680's in SLI, the 313.95 drivers gave great performance (As shown here)

Very smooth with those drivers.

3930K @ 5.0 - RIVF - Asus GTX Titan SLI - 16GB Avexir 2133 ram at 2333Mhz - XFX 1050 Black edition PSU - Switch 810 Big - Logitech G510 - Logitech G9 - XSPC Raystorm D5 RX360 water cooling kit + XSPC RX240 Rad - 3 * Asus VG278H Monitors (5760*1080 Res)

Posted 03/03/2013 06:55 PM   
ya whether its a benchmark or random demo you can still judge the performance across each gameplay experience. I was just wondering how to post the screenshot of fraps bench viewer. I have the saved graphs of my results.
ya whether its a benchmark or random demo you can still judge the performance across each gameplay experience. I was just wondering how to post the screenshot of fraps bench viewer. I have the saved graphs of my results.

Posted 03/04/2013 12:09 AM   
I use prt scr and then paint. Crop the pic of the graph and then use photobucket to host. Hope that helps :)
I use prt scr and then paint. Crop the pic of the graph and then use photobucket to host. Hope that helps :)

Posted 03/04/2013 01:50 PM   
Using windows "Snipping tool" is quite easy to make a screen shot.
Using windows "Snipping tool" is quite easy to make a screen shot.

My Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) : Here

Proud member of Nvidia Beta Program.

-Motherboard: Maximus Gene V (Bios 1903)
-CPU: I7-3770K (All stock clock)
-PSU: Corsair 1000watt
-RAM: 16GB corsair (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9)
-GPU : EVGA nVidia GTX 690 (Stock clock)(bios : 80.04.1E.00.F1) and (80.04.1E.00.F0) (UEFI)
-Monitor : Asus VH242H (a 60Hz Monitor)
-HDD: Intel SSD 520 Series (240GB) + 2TB HDD Western Digital
-Antivirus : Norton Antivirus 2014
-NVCP: All default Except changed adaptive to Prefer max performance.

Posted 03/04/2013 02:31 PM   
[quote="Wagnard"]Using windows "Snipping tool" is quite easy to make a screen shot.[/quote] The program already has a button in the toolbar to save the graph as png image file. The resulting file can be uploaded somewhere or attached to a forum post.
Wagnard said:Using windows "Snipping tool" is quite easy to make a screen shot.

The program already has a button in the toolbar to save the graph as png image file. The resulting file can be uploaded somewhere or attached to a forum post.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the

Posted 03/04/2013 10:43 PM   
[quote="nvtweakman"][quote="Wagnard"]Using windows "Snipping tool" is quite easy to make a screen shot.[/quote] The program already has a button in the toolbar to save the graph as png image file.[/quote] You can even teach an old dog new tricks :) This I never knew...Cheers :)
nvtweakman said:
Wagnard said:Using windows "Snipping tool" is quite easy to make a screen shot.

The program already has a button in the toolbar to save the graph as png image file.

You can even teach an old dog new tricks :)

This I never knew...Cheers :)

Posted 03/04/2013 10:49 PM   
[quote="Gregster"]You can even teach an old dog new tricks :)[/quote] LOL, indeed. I saw the MythBusters prove it XD
Gregster said:You can even teach an old dog new tricks :)

LOL, indeed. I saw the MythBusters prove it XD

Posted 03/04/2013 10:50 PM   
Gregster I just got my titans and had a go of bf3 and its also stuttery for me im running 2 titans in sli at the same res as you. hoping this will get fixed very soon. Other game I played were smooth.
Gregster I just got my titans and had a go of bf3 and its also stuttery for me im running 2 titans in sli at the same res as you. hoping this will get fixed very soon. Other game I played were smooth.

Posted 03/15/2013 03:46 PM   
Scroll To Top