NVIDIA driver support for TressFX realistic hair in Tomb Raider 2013?
Will there be NVIDIA driver support for TressFX realistic hair in Tomb Raider 2013? AMD can already do this. But when will NVIDIA? http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/amds_tressfx_technology_cures_bad_hair_days2013 [img]http://www.maximumpc.com/files/u69/tressfx_hair.jpg[/img]
Will there be NVIDIA driver support for TressFX realistic hair in Tomb Raider 2013? AMD can already do this. But when will NVIDIA?

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/amds_tressfx_technology_cures_bad_hair_days2013

Posted 02/28/2013 02:06 AM   
NVIDIA had realistic hair long time ago. Remember Nalu? This is just marketing trick by AMD to entice people into buying their cards. Maybe after all these years they finally have something to compete with PhysX.
NVIDIA had realistic hair long time ago. Remember Nalu?

This is just marketing trick by AMD to entice people into buying their cards. Maybe after all these years they finally have something to compete with PhysX.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 02/28/2013 06:22 AM   
it's not a marketing trick. because this actually is used in a game.
it's not a marketing trick. because this actually is used in a game.

Posted 02/28/2013 06:55 AM   
"TressFX will not be limited to AMD graphics cards. Any DirectX 11 GPU, whether it be from AMD or nVidia, will be able to take advantage of the technology."
"TressFX will not be limited to AMD graphics cards. Any DirectX 11 GPU, whether it be from AMD or nVidia, will be able to take advantage of the technology."

CPU:Intel 3770k
RAM: 16GB G.SKILL Tridant X DDR3 2666
Motherboard: GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3 Z77
GPU: Zoatac 680 GTX Sli
PSU: XFX 1000w
CPU cooling: CORSAIR H80 (CWCH80) High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
HDs: WD Black 500gb, Raid 0 corsair 60gb ssds
Case: Not sure, got it for free with a order.
Keyboard: Logitch G15, cyber snipa gamepad
Controller: Xbox360 usb controller.
Mouse: Razer wireless 4g dual sensor Mama 2012
Mousepad: Razer Goliath Speed
Speakers: Phillips FW-C677 with built in usb soundcard.
Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1: Elite 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
Monitors: SAMSUNG S23A750D 23" 120hz LED.

Posted 02/28/2013 07:15 AM   
The feature should work with any DX11 GPU. Whether this feature will work on launch day with any GPU will depend on the game developer.
The feature should work with any DX11 GPU. Whether this feature will work on launch day with any GPU will depend on the game developer.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 02/28/2013 12:57 PM   
[b]DirectCompute isn't exclusive to AMD, and as such, the technology works on any DirectX 11 graphics card.[/b] Of course, AMD believes its own hardware is best suited, pointing out that cards featuring the Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture are particularly well-equipped for these kinds of tasks because of fast on-chip shared memory and massive processing throughput. [u]Nevertheless, if Nvidia wanted to, it could also support TressFX Hair. [/u] PS: Maybe this technology can also be used for her breasts can you imagine ;D
DirectCompute isn't exclusive to AMD, and as such, the technology works on any DirectX 11 graphics card. Of course, AMD believes its own hardware is best suited, pointing out that cards featuring the Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture are particularly well-equipped for these kinds of tasks because of fast on-chip shared memory and massive processing throughput. Nevertheless, if Nvidia wanted to, it could also support TressFX Hair.

PS: Maybe this technology can also be used for her breasts can you imagine ;D

Posted 02/28/2013 02:06 PM   
[quote="TsunamiZ"]it's not a marketing trick. because this actually is used in a game.[/quote] And they pretend like realistic hair is only possible with their cards, the very definition of marketing trick. Thank you ManuelG for the information, and proving my point ;)
TsunamiZ said:it's not a marketing trick. because this actually is used in a game.

And they pretend like realistic hair is only possible with their cards, the very definition of marketing trick. Thank you ManuelG for the information, and proving my point ;)

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the

Posted 02/28/2013 04:03 PM   
Dude everyone does marketing AMD and Nvidia too. Nothing wrong with it. This time, AMD took time with the developer to actually do something. I think they can get some fame here and the best of that, everyone can use this game enhancement. Btw do you live in those forums? I can find a post from you in almost every thread.
Dude everyone does marketing AMD and Nvidia too. Nothing wrong with it.
This time, AMD took time with the developer to actually do something. I think they can get some fame here and the best of that, everyone can use this game enhancement.

Btw do you live in those forums? I can find a post from you in almost every thread.

My Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) : Here

Proud member of Nvidia Beta Program.

-Motherboard: Maximus Gene V (Bios 1903)
-CPU: I7-3770K (All stock clock)
-PSU: Corsair 1000watt
-RAM: 16GB corsair (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9)
-GPU : EVGA nVidia GTX 690 (Stock clock)(bios : 80.04.1E.00.F1) and (80.04.1E.00.F0) (UEFI)
-Monitor : Asus VH242H (a 60Hz Monitor)
-HDD: Intel SSD 520 Series (240GB) + 2TB HDD Western Digital
-Antivirus : Norton Antivirus 2014
-NVCP: All default Except changed adaptive to Prefer max performance.

Posted 02/28/2013 05:07 PM   
[quote="Wagnard"]Dude everyone does marketing AMD and Nvidia too. Nothing wrong with it. This time, AMD took time with the developer to actually do something. I think they can get some fame here.[/quote] Of course. My opinion was never whether it is right or wrong. [quote="Wagnard"]Btw do you live in those forums? I can find a post from you in almost every thread.[/quote] Don't get angry with me just because I like to post/help a lot in the forums. I'm not the one getting fooled by marketing, and the point of my post was to make sure you weren't either.
Wagnard said:Dude everyone does marketing AMD and Nvidia too. Nothing wrong with it.
This time, AMD took time with the developer to actually do something. I think they can get some fame here.

Of course. My opinion was never whether it is right or wrong.

Wagnard said:Btw do you live in those forums? I can find a post from you in almost every thread.

Don't get angry with me just because I like to post/help a lot in the forums. I'm not the one getting fooled by marketing, and the point of my post was to make sure you weren't either.

Posted 02/28/2013 05:12 PM   
Oh don't get me wrong I'm not angry :) My English is far from perfect so if I sounded rude forgive me, it wasn't intended. I was just joking a bit because I see you a lot on these forums. (its not a bad thing)
Oh don't get me wrong I'm not angry :) My English is far from perfect so if I sounded rude forgive me, it wasn't intended.
I was just joking a bit because I see you a lot on these forums. (its not a bad thing)

My Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) : Here

Proud member of Nvidia Beta Program.

-Motherboard: Maximus Gene V (Bios 1903)
-CPU: I7-3770K (All stock clock)
-PSU: Corsair 1000watt
-RAM: 16GB corsair (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9)
-GPU : EVGA nVidia GTX 690 (Stock clock)(bios : 80.04.1E.00.F1) and (80.04.1E.00.F0) (UEFI)
-Monitor : Asus VH242H (a 60Hz Monitor)
-HDD: Intel SSD 520 Series (240GB) + 2TB HDD Western Digital
-Antivirus : Norton Antivirus 2014
-NVCP: All default Except changed adaptive to Prefer max performance.

Posted 02/28/2013 11:38 PM   
Props to AMD for bringing the realistic hair we've been seeing trickling in since 2004 to the mainstream. One of my biggest disappointments in 3D graphics rendering in more modern games is that, especially with games that have high detail models and lots of rendering overhead, there's been very little realistic hair simulation. There were games near the 360 launch using this kind of technology, mostly fighting games, but maybe now we'll see it actually widely implemented.
Props to AMD for bringing the realistic hair we've been seeing trickling in since 2004 to the mainstream.
One of my biggest disappointments in 3D graphics rendering in more modern games is that, especially with games that have high detail models and lots of rendering overhead, there's been very little realistic hair simulation.
There were games near the 360 launch using this kind of technology, mostly fighting games, but maybe now we'll see it actually widely implemented.

M4N75TD | Phenom II 960T | G.Skill 1600mhz DDR3 | TP650
EVGA GTX660 SC 1059 | ViewSonic VX2268WM | some junky extra displays
Xonar DG | ATH A700X

Posted 03/04/2013 08:19 PM   
[quote="nvtweakman"]NVIDIA had realistic hair long time ago. Remember Nalu? This is just marketing trick by AMD to entice people into buying their cards. Maybe after all these years they finally have something to compete with PhysX.[/quote] Dude, dont treat Nvidia customers as a idiots. Everyone know Nvidia give a **** about DirectCompute and OpenCl for pushing CUDA. So dont say its AMD Marketing about Tress FX. If Nvidia did their Homework we could have a very good Directcompute Power with our Geforce Cards and can Play Games with Directcompute with no problems.
nvtweakman said:NVIDIA had realistic hair long time ago. Remember Nalu?

This is just marketing trick by AMD to entice people into buying their cards. Maybe after all these years they finally have something to compete with PhysX.

Dude, dont treat Nvidia customers as a idiots.
Everyone know Nvidia give a **** about DirectCompute and OpenCl for pushing CUDA.

So dont say its AMD Marketing about Tress FX.
If Nvidia did their Homework we could have a very good Directcompute Power with our Geforce Cards and can Play Games with Directcompute with no problems.

Posted 03/05/2013 03:02 PM   
Scroll To Top