GTX Titan driver for Mac OS?
I was wondering if there are any plans to support the GTX Titan with drivers for Mac OS? This would be an excellent Mac Pro upgrade for 3d modeling! Thank you!
I was wondering if there are any plans to support the GTX Titan with drivers for Mac OS? This would be an excellent Mac Pro upgrade for 3d modeling!

Thank you!

Posted 02/26/2013 09:06 PM   
Does Nvidia respond to questions on this forum? Or do I need to call them to get an answer?
Does Nvidia respond to questions on this forum? Or do I need to call them to get an answer?

Posted 02/28/2013 08:21 PM   
MAC OS is not supported with this GPU as far as i know. Titan main purpose is extreme gaming and MACS are a poor choice for that... You should buy a Quadro card ([url]http://www.nvidia.com/object/workstation-solutions.html[/url]) for 3D modeling they have also full support for MAC OS
MAC OS is not supported with this GPU as far as i know.
Titan main purpose is extreme gaming and MACS are a poor choice for that...

You should buy a Quadro card (http://www.nvidia.com/object/workstation-solutions.html) for 3D modeling they have also full support for MAC OS

Posted 03/02/2013 12:31 AM   
Hi, a driver for Mac OSX would really mean a lot. Even though we don't do much gaming. I recently build a colorgrading system, with a Cubix 4xpci expander box, and I filled it up with 3 Nvidia GTX570 cards and a RED Rocket card. So here I can now colorgrade 4K video with almost unlimited stuff. I plays realtime all the time... So for the video business, like colorgrading and AfterEffects (here 3D raytracing, and more and more plugins is CUDA-aware) it is vital that we have a high CUDA-core count. We don't us OpenGL much, but OpenCL or CUDA. And the Titan would be a nice animal for such stuff. Also FCPX and motion will draw power from the card. The GTX is so much more value for the money than ther Quadro card. That is when it comes to Cuda performance. I for once would have bought it if it was supported in the MacOS. /Helge
Hi, a driver for Mac OSX would really mean a lot. Even though we don't do much gaming. I recently build a colorgrading system, with a Cubix 4xpci expander box, and I filled it up with 3 Nvidia GTX570 cards and a RED Rocket card. So here I can now colorgrade 4K video with almost unlimited stuff. I plays realtime all the time...

So for the video business, like colorgrading and AfterEffects (here 3D raytracing, and more and more plugins is CUDA-aware) it is vital that we have a high CUDA-core count. We don't us OpenGL much, but OpenCL or CUDA. And the Titan would be a nice animal for such stuff. Also FCPX and motion will draw power from the card.

The GTX is so much more value for the money than ther Quadro card. That is when it comes to Cuda performance.

I for once would have bought it if it was supported in the MacOS.
/Helge

Posted 03/03/2013 08:38 AM   
Seriously, I don't think people see our area as growing. I also work in TV/Film as a DIT/AC and CUDA cores are my life. I agree, Quadro cards are a joke these days compared to the newer 5 and 6 series GTXs that have hit, plus I like to game so why can't we get both? I use Adobe Suite for most and DiVinci Resolve in addition so come on Nvidia work your magic and get us some drivers so I can sends yous my cashes for a Titan. edit: Man that's awesome you got a Cubix, I'm so jealous.
Seriously, I don't think people see our area as growing. I also work in TV/Film as a DIT/AC and CUDA cores are my life. I agree, Quadro cards are a joke these days compared to the newer 5 and 6 series GTXs that have hit, plus I like to game so why can't we get both?

I use Adobe Suite for most and DiVinci Resolve in addition so come on Nvidia work your magic and get us some drivers so I can sends yous my cashes for a Titan.

edit: Man that's awesome you got a Cubix, I'm so jealous.

Posted 03/06/2013 09:26 PM   
Yah, RED Rockets/Nvidia's CUDA cards have become exceptionally useful in our growing industry. However, Nvidia seems to like money more than progression seeing as the power that is available in a GTX Titan is far surpass that of the Quadro line, but for the same price. Why Nvidia does this: Gamers are a much larger industry and therefore more competitive. Thus they have the progressive advantage in equipment - companies are always going to offer the best for the best price in this industry. This is why you can get the GTX Titan with 2688 CUDA Cores and 6GB of RAM for $999, and the Quadro 4000 with a measly 768 CUDA cores and 3GB of RAM for $799. [url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133485[/url] [url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121724[/url] Professional industries are quite different however, because they don't have as large as a market companies like Nvidia can get away with offering less at a similar price. What some companies (I.e. Blackmagic) have realised is that if they lower the price of professional equipment, or offer the same price/benefit ratio as the bigger industries (i.e. gaming) then they automatically create a higher demand and sell way more than they would have originally. For reference look at the impact on the video industry via Canon's 5D, and Blackmagic Cinema cameras. Blackmagic's business philosophy in general is a good reference. Take something priced unecessarily high, offer it for a lower price than originally, demand magically goes up, both the business and the industry progress. Now this is where ATI can destroy, if they can come up with their own version of CUDA,offer the TITAN on both the Mac, PC and Linux platforms, marketing and supporting it specifically for the professional industries, they could dominate easily. It's all about progression. Don't let money get in the way. In the meantime, I'm holding out on a new CUDA card until Nvidia comes out with official support for the Titan on Mac and preferably in the professional industry.
Yah, RED Rockets/Nvidia's CUDA cards have become exceptionally useful in our growing industry.

However, Nvidia seems to like money more than progression seeing as the power that is available in a GTX Titan is far surpass that of the Quadro line, but for the same price.

Why Nvidia does this:
Gamers are a much larger industry and therefore more competitive. Thus they have the progressive advantage in equipment - companies are always going to offer the best for the best price in this industry. This is why you can get the GTX Titan with 2688 CUDA Cores and 6GB of RAM for $999, and the Quadro 4000 with a measly 768 CUDA cores and 3GB of RAM for $799.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133485
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121724

Professional industries are quite different however, because they don't have as large as a market companies like Nvidia can get away with offering less at a similar price. What some companies (I.e. Blackmagic) have realised is that if they lower the price of professional equipment, or offer the same price/benefit ratio as the bigger industries (i.e. gaming) then they automatically create a higher demand and sell way more than they would have originally.
For reference look at the impact on the video industry via Canon's 5D, and Blackmagic Cinema cameras.
Blackmagic's business philosophy in general is a good reference. Take something priced unecessarily high, offer it for a lower price than originally, demand magically goes up, both the business and the industry progress.

Now this is where ATI can destroy, if they can come up with their own version of CUDA,offer the TITAN on both the Mac, PC and Linux platforms, marketing and supporting it specifically for the professional industries, they could dominate easily.

It's all about progression. Don't let money get in the way.

In the meantime, I'm holding out on a new CUDA card until Nvidia comes out with official support for the Titan on Mac and preferably in the professional industry.

Posted 04/30/2013 07:52 PM   
Hi Guys, I just wanted to Chime in here and please request a commitment to development of a Titan driver for OSX. I've been a customer of yours for a great many years, I used to work at the Mill in London, M&C Saatchi, BBDO and many other agencies. I have had several quadro cards and currently have a 4000 - but I want 2 Titans, actually I had two 780ti 's arrive and was planning them but didn't expect to run into this problem with mavericks that I heard you guys are working on. Quadro just doesn't offer us the power we need in smaller independent studios - I have been recommending your solutions for as long as I can remember and don't get me wrong we use windows, irix etc too. But our design team are most comfortable on OSX, plus there is smoke on OSX (and I know that runs open CL) but i guess Iray and the love of MacOS that keeps me wanting to use the O/S - and also the cost of changing our entire production pipeline to windows or linux is not doable - between fit out and retraining I would be broke. But we need cost effective CUDA cores, and we have aja and blackmagic 10 bit cards and I would much rather put titans in my workstations for computation because its the best all round performer. I have been a big fan of yours always and on top of Cuda has developed and either with Cinema 4d Iray or Bunkshot pro we need power and we want to run it on osx so please we've supported you for so long can you please release a driver? Believe me I speak for a lot of people when I ask for this. It has been a big topic between my friends here in Australia, London and New York, LA . But this is the first time i've every posted. I hate apple, but I can't change from OSX - but please give us enough time to adjust to another platform without ending our relationship with Nvidia. My 780ti's need to be returned in the next couple of days if I don't want them but really what I need to know asap is will you continue to support your long time OSX customers? I hope you do and please get in touch. Please.
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to Chime in here and please request a commitment to development of a Titan driver for OSX. I've been a customer of yours for a great many years, I used to work at the Mill in London, M&C Saatchi, BBDO and many other agencies. I have had several quadro cards and currently have a 4000 - but I want 2 Titans, actually I had two 780ti 's arrive and was planning them but didn't expect to run into this problem with mavericks that I heard you guys are working on.

Quadro just doesn't offer us the power we need in smaller independent studios - I have been recommending your solutions for as long as I can remember and don't get me wrong we use windows, irix etc too. But our design team are most comfortable on OSX, plus there is smoke on OSX (and I know that runs open CL) but i guess Iray and the love of MacOS that keeps me wanting to use the O/S - and also the cost of changing our entire production pipeline to windows or linux is not doable - between fit out and retraining I would be broke. But we need cost effective CUDA cores, and we have aja and blackmagic 10 bit cards and I would much rather put titans in my workstations for computation because its the best all round performer.

I have been a big fan of yours always and on top of Cuda has developed and either with Cinema 4d Iray or Bunkshot pro we need power and we want to run it on osx so please we've supported you for so long can you please release a driver? Believe me I speak for a lot of people when I ask for this. It has been a big topic between my friends here in Australia, London and New York, LA . But this is the first time i've every posted. I hate apple, but I can't change from OSX - but please give us enough time to adjust to another platform without ending our relationship with Nvidia.

My 780ti's need to be returned in the next couple of days if I don't want them but really what I need to know asap is will you continue to support your long time OSX customers? I hope you do and please get in touch. Please.

Posted 02/09/2014 04:30 PM   
Also sorry forgot to add that mavericks drivers including cuda for 780 ti's would be awesome to know about too. Please lets all stick together.
Also sorry forgot to add that mavericks drivers including cuda for 780 ti's would be awesome to know about too. Please lets all stick together.

Posted 02/09/2014 04:32 PM   
Scroll To Top