nVidia Control Panel "Adjust Screen Size and Position"
so the long and short of it...I own a panasonic tc-p50ut50. I've adjusted everything to scale properly etc. All is great until I notice that the scroll bar on the right hand side of my browser is half the size it should be. Then I notice that in fact, the whole screen position is offset by a few millimeters. I say "hey self, just fix that in the nvidia control panel." I go to do that and in the menu option "Adjust Screen Size and Position" I'm met with the harsh reality that I can only adjust the size. Screen Position options are nowhere to be found....weird...I read a post here earlier today that mentioned the "Position" option has been removed...double weird that nVidia hasn't removed and corrected that menu option. So I ask, is there any other way to fix this position issue? I've searched all over the internet with not even a hint of a fix. Next, what are my options if I can't reposition the desktop? Do I need start messing with the resolution settings? Double Next, I've noticed that on occasion the screen will dim slightly (most often when I change from one window to another). Any idea what might be causing this? I've got the auto brightness adjust setting switched to off, might the pixel orbiter have something to do with this...AND my positioning issue? Finally, why does nVidia make it so hard to locate a download file for the newest version of the Control Panel? appreciate any help and advice, Kyle
so the long and short of it...I own a panasonic tc-p50ut50. I've adjusted everything to scale properly etc. All is great until I notice that the scroll bar on the right hand side of my browser is half the size it should be. Then I notice that in fact, the whole screen position is offset by a few millimeters. I say "hey self, just fix that in the nvidia control panel." I go to do that and in the menu option "Adjust Screen Size and Position" I'm met with the harsh reality that I can only adjust the size. Screen Position options are nowhere to be found....weird...I read a post here earlier today that mentioned the "Position" option has been removed...double weird that nVidia hasn't removed and corrected that menu option.

So I ask, is there any other way to fix this position issue? I've searched all over the internet with not even a hint of a fix.

Next, what are my options if I can't reposition the desktop? Do I need start messing with the resolution settings?

Double Next, I've noticed that on occasion the screen will dim slightly (most often when I change from one window to another). Any idea what might be causing this? I've got the auto brightness adjust setting switched to off, might the pixel orbiter have something to do with this...AND my positioning issue?

Finally, why does nVidia make it so hard to locate a download file for the newest version of the Control Panel?

appreciate any help and advice,

Kyle

Posted 02/21/2013 11:16 PM   
anyone...anyone? Bueller...Bueller?
anyone...anyone? Bueller...Bueller?

Posted 02/22/2013 10:03 PM   
Scroll To Top