Crysis 3 - 3D does not work?
  6 / 8    
Another nice thing about 3DTVs is many of them have a perspective adjustment, which increases the amount of separation.
Another nice thing about 3DTVs is many of them have a perspective adjustment, which increases the amount of separation.
Does anyone know a way how to improve Crysis 3 depth in 3D mode? 100% depth is like 30% in a real 3D for any game I've played so far. Please let me know if there's any tweaking possible for that matter. I remember that there was a way to increase depth in Crysis 2 by tweaking the config.cfg file, but I've read that in Crysis 3 this trick is not working at all. If anyone knows how to do increase depth in Crysis 3, let us know please??? Increasing convergence in a fake 3D enviroment won't do anythig, besides make the 3D even worse, but increasing depth can really improve the overall fake 3D experience. I'm really looking foward to it..
Does anyone know a way how to improve Crysis 3 depth in 3D mode? 100% depth is like 30% in a real 3D for any game I've played so far.
Please let me know if there's any tweaking possible for that matter. I remember that there was a way to increase depth in Crysis 2 by tweaking the config.cfg file, but I've read that in Crysis 3 this trick is not working at all. If anyone knows how to do increase depth in Crysis 3, let us know please??? Increasing convergence in a fake 3D enviroment won't do anythig, besides make the 3D even worse, but increasing depth can really improve the overall fake 3D experience. I'm really looking foward to it..

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits - Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz - Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z68 - Geforce EVGA GTX 690 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 (2T) - Thermaltake Armor+ - SSD Intel 510 Series Sata3 256GB - HD WD Caviar Black Sata3 64mb 2TB - HD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata3 64mb - Bose Sound System - LG H20L GGW Blu Ray/DVD/CD RW - LG GH20 DVD RAM - PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W - Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision Ready + 3D HDTV SAMSUNG PL63C7000 3DTVPLAY + ROLLERMOD CHECKERBOARD

Posted 03/04/2013 03:35 PM   
No 'tweaking' available yet. However there may be some hope, a list of 3D centric config options that were made available in C2 was forwarded to the developers and a hack/modder is looking into unlocking them as well.
No 'tweaking' available yet. However there may be some hope, a list of 3D centric config options that were made available in C2 was forwarded to the developers and a hack/modder is looking into unlocking them as well.

i7-2600K-4.5Ghz/Corsair H100i/8GB/GTX780SC-SLI/Win7-64/1200W-PSU/Samsung 840-500GB SSD/Coolermaster-Tower/Benq 1080ST @ 100"

Posted 03/04/2013 04:28 PM   
Hope that Maldo or another modder finds a way to at least tweak Crysis 3 3D configuration and add more depth like it was possible with Crysis 2 3D. I'm just not enjoying Crysis 3 in 3D at all, I am actually finding the game boring and ugly because of that nasty and flat 2D + depth enviroment. The lack of real 3D really kills the game for someone that has just finished playing Dead Space 3 and Farcry 3 (both using Helix fix) in stunning amazing 3D. After I've finished these 2 amazing games I just can't lower my standards and Crysis 3 3D makes me lower my standards going back to 2D gaming. I had high hopes with Crysis 3 and I even bought my GTX 690 last year because of Crysis 3 would be coming out in the following year, but I am so disapointed that it's hard to explain my frustration. I just can't stand 2D graphics, no matter how amazing they look, it still 2D graphics. Crysis 3 doesn't play in 3D, it's just 2D + little depth, that's it. I actually enjoyed Crysis 2 in 3D a little bit despite the fake 3D, cause at least I could tweak the 3D settings to get more depth, so at least it didn't heart my eyes or caused me claustrofobic feelings. The very little maximum 3D depth you get out of Crysis 3 is just unbearable for me, I can't stand it, I can't have any more fun. It bother da hell out of me. I have even tried to play the game in 2D, but it doesn't matter how next generation Crysis 3 looks like, it still 2D, and I just can't stand 2D gaming after I got envolved with 3D Vision, just can't go back to 2D anymore. Please, if someone has an idea, or workaround about how to make the fake 3D experience at least a bit more enjoyable, please share it with us here at this very forum? I have no hopes about real 3D in this game since Crytek is so closed with their engine and as no one was able to use real 3D with Crysis 2, but I do have high hopes that someone will figure out how to tweak the 3D settings to get at least a little bit more depth just like Crysis 2. Crysis 3 3D is just to damn flat that I can't have any fun at all playing this game. What a fucking disappointment!!!!! I just hope that at least GTA V comes with full 3D Vision support like Max Payne 3 did. 3D Vision support has become non existent these last 8 months. Screw you Nvidia to make us spend money on some new tech called 3D Vision you have totally abandoned. Way to go with your mobile devices and tegra chip.... Let's just forget about those 3D Vision suckers...
Hope that Maldo or another modder finds a way to at least tweak Crysis 3 3D configuration and add more depth like it was possible with Crysis 2 3D.
I'm just not enjoying Crysis 3 in 3D at all, I am actually finding the game boring and ugly because of that nasty and flat 2D + depth enviroment. The lack of real 3D really kills the game for someone that has just finished playing Dead Space 3 and Farcry 3 (both using Helix fix) in stunning amazing 3D.

After I've finished these 2 amazing games I just can't lower my standards and Crysis 3 3D makes me lower my standards going back to 2D gaming.
I had high hopes with Crysis 3 and I even bought my GTX 690 last year because of Crysis 3 would be coming out in the following year, but I am so disapointed that it's hard to explain my frustration. I just can't stand 2D graphics, no matter how amazing they look, it still 2D graphics. Crysis 3 doesn't play in 3D, it's just 2D + little depth, that's it.

I actually enjoyed Crysis 2 in 3D a little bit despite the fake 3D, cause at least I could tweak the 3D settings to get more depth, so at least it didn't heart my eyes or caused me claustrofobic feelings. The very little maximum 3D depth you get out of Crysis 3 is just unbearable for me, I can't stand it, I can't have any more fun. It bother da hell out of me.

I have even tried to play the game in 2D, but it doesn't matter how next generation Crysis 3 looks like, it still 2D, and I just can't stand 2D gaming after I got envolved with 3D Vision, just can't go back to 2D anymore.

Please, if someone has an idea, or workaround about how to make the fake 3D experience at least a bit more enjoyable, please share it with us here at this very forum? I have no hopes about real 3D in this game since Crytek is so closed with their engine and as no one was able to use real 3D with Crysis 2, but I do have high hopes that someone will figure out how to tweak the 3D settings to get at least a little bit more depth just like Crysis 2. Crysis 3 3D is just to damn flat that I can't have any fun at all playing this game. What a fucking disappointment!!!!!

I just hope that at least GTA V comes with full 3D Vision support like Max Payne 3 did. 3D Vision support has become non existent these last 8 months. Screw you Nvidia to make us spend money on some new tech called 3D Vision you have totally abandoned. Way to go with your mobile devices and tegra chip.... Let's just forget about those 3D Vision suckers...

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits - Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz - Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z68 - Geforce EVGA GTX 690 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 (2T) - Thermaltake Armor+ - SSD Intel 510 Series Sata3 256GB - HD WD Caviar Black Sata3 64mb 2TB - HD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata3 64mb - Bose Sound System - LG H20L GGW Blu Ray/DVD/CD RW - LG GH20 DVD RAM - PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W - Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision Ready + 3D HDTV SAMSUNG PL63C7000 3DTVPLAY + ROLLERMOD CHECKERBOARD

Posted 03/26/2013 07:35 PM   
I love this game in 3D!!! I have had no problems with the haloing. I did with another game and wound up changing the depth using the NVidia control panel. This may help you with the halo effect. try putting the depth right at 50% or maybe a bit over that seems to be my sweet spot (so to speak). I hope this helps. This game is awesome.
I love this game in 3D!!! I have had no problems with the haloing. I did with another game and wound up changing the depth using the NVidia control panel. This may help you with the halo effect. try putting the depth right at 50% or maybe a bit over that seems to be my sweet spot (so to speak). I hope this helps. This game is awesome.

System Specs
CoolerMaster Storm Scout II Mid Tower Case
AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor OC to 4724.9 MHz
Corsair H100i Liquid Cooling System
32GB Corsair Sniper Series 1866MHz RAM
Dual EVGA GeForce GTX680 4GB Classified Edition SLI Enabled Graphics Cards
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 Motherboard
Dual Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD RAID 0 Array
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM HDD
Rosewill Lightning Series 1000W PSU
LG Black Blu-Ray ROM
ASUS VG Series 27” 120MHz 3D Display
Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard
Mad Catz R.A.T.5 Series Gaming Mouse
Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam

Posted 05/02/2013 02:27 AM   
By the way I am playing this game with all graphics settings maxed out with the 3d and never dropping below 70 FPS. Truly intense and realistic 3D.
By the way I am playing this game with all graphics settings maxed out with the 3d and never dropping below 70 FPS. Truly intense and realistic 3D.

System Specs
CoolerMaster Storm Scout II Mid Tower Case
AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor OC to 4724.9 MHz
Corsair H100i Liquid Cooling System
32GB Corsair Sniper Series 1866MHz RAM
Dual EVGA GeForce GTX680 4GB Classified Edition SLI Enabled Graphics Cards
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 Motherboard
Dual Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD RAID 0 Array
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM HDD
Rosewill Lightning Series 1000W PSU
LG Black Blu-Ray ROM
ASUS VG Series 27” 120MHz 3D Display
Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard
Mad Catz R.A.T.5 Series Gaming Mouse
Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam

Posted 05/02/2013 02:29 AM   
Google convergence and fake 3D and see what peoples issues are. I feel bad for you.
Google convergence and fake 3D and see what peoples issues are. I feel bad for you.

Posted 05/02/2013 02:29 AM   
[quote="FrankBob6677"]Truly intense and realistic 3D.[/quote] ?!?!?! Crysis 3??!!
FrankBob6677 said:Truly intense and realistic 3D.

?!?!?! Crysis 3??!!

epenny size =/= nerdiness

Posted 05/02/2013 09:28 AM   
Frankbob6677, I really feel bad for you since you haven't a slight idea of what realistic 3D looks like. You really should play more 3D Vision Ready games or even othe real 3D titles before coming out with such a false statement. Crysis 3 may be a good shooter with great graphics when played in 2D, but when it comes to 3D, it's by far one of the worst titles around simple because it doesn't use real 3D rendering, but rather a fake 3D tech (gimmick) used by low end machines like consoles. Do yourself a favor and play Max Payne 3, Batman AC, Dead Space 3 (helix fix) and a few other good 3D titles and I am sure you will change your mind.
Frankbob6677, I really feel bad for you since you haven't a slight idea of what realistic 3D looks like. You really should play more 3D Vision Ready games or even othe real 3D titles before coming out with such a false statement.

Crysis 3 may be a good shooter with great graphics when played in 2D, but when it comes to 3D, it's by far one of the worst titles around simple because it doesn't use real 3D rendering, but rather a fake 3D tech (gimmick) used by low end machines like consoles.
Do yourself a favor and play Max Payne 3, Batman AC, Dead Space 3 (helix fix) and a few other good 3D titles and I am sure you will change your mind.

Posted 05/02/2013 03:06 PM   
I don't even know how the hell he thinks its 3D at 50%, even at 100% its a total joke. I can wear my glasses upside down (so things closer are further away, and the opposite) and not even notice the difference, the game is horrible in 3D.
I don't even know how the hell he thinks its 3D at 50%, even at 100% its a total joke. I can wear my glasses upside down (so things closer are further away, and the opposite) and not even notice the difference, the game is horrible in 3D.

Posted 05/02/2013 10:59 PM   
well I finally completed Crysis 3 the other night, played it all in 3D from start to finish. There is no way in hell 50% depth in this game can be classed as 3D, and yeah, even 100% is barely satisfactory unless someone is playing on a TV or projector from 8ft away or more.
well I finally completed Crysis 3 the other night, played it all in 3D from start to finish. There is no way in hell 50% depth in this game can be classed as 3D, and yeah, even 100% is barely satisfactory unless someone is playing on a TV or projector from 8ft away or more.

i5 2500k @ 4.4 - 8gb RAM - GTX 980 EVGA SC (single card) ASUS ROG SWIFT, Oculus DK2, Acer H5360BD projector, Acer XB280HK 4k 60hz 28", Samsung 65" UHD8200 4k 3DTV

Old cards GTX 580, SLI 670.

Posted 05/02/2013 11:19 PM   
Gee you guys are mean, guys first comment and you guys rip him up. You all probably said something some noob stuff when you first started up. Nvidia doesn't exactly hand anyone a manual. Some of my favorite games when I first started 3D are literally disasters by today's standards. Check out my review site for games [url]http://ramblingsofa3dgamer.blogspot.com/[/url] and make sure you know what depth/convergence is. Nvidia control panel->set up stereoscopic 3d->set keyboard shortcuts-> advanced. Assign keys. and hold down for a few seconds in game[at most 30] till you see screen shift. If you look at left/right RE5 images it sums up what convergence is. [url]http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-to-unlock-convergence-in-locked.html[/url]
Gee you guys are mean, guys first comment and you guys rip him up. You all probably said something some noob stuff when you first started up. Nvidia doesn't exactly hand anyone a manual. Some of my favorite games when I first started 3D are literally disasters by today's standards.
Check out my review site for games http://ramblingsofa3dgamer.blogspot.com/ and make sure you know what depth/convergence is.

Nvidia control panel->set up stereoscopic 3d->set keyboard shortcuts-> advanced.
Assign keys. and hold down for a few seconds in game[at most 30] till you see screen shift. If you look at left/right RE5 images it sums up what convergence is. http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-to-unlock-convergence-in-locked.html

Posted 05/02/2013 11:20 PM   
Anytime people commend the Crysis style 3D people will find it using Google and Crytek's brain washing scheme will have taken another victim.
Anytime people commend the Crysis style 3D people will find it using Google and Crytek's brain washing scheme will have taken another victim.

Posted 05/02/2013 11:41 PM   
*Shrug* Ive heard it alot to be honest or at least more often then you'd imagine since Crysis 2. Not everyone has the good 3D computers/displays. We all have different taste/things we want. Francomg recommended Max Payne 3 as a 3D game and I actually thought it was kind of mediocre. Mass Effect 2 is among my favorite 3D experiences when I first started [Pre-helix mod obviously]. Which is when you do lenseflares,shadows, crosshair removed. Effects still broken. Compared to those titles Crysis 3 may seem like a blessing. [url]http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5627[/url] P.S look at depth of field on/off comparison.... it drives me nuts when you guys dont realize it does that. Which is why I need to go look at ME1 before someone makes it into vomit.
*Shrug* Ive heard it alot to be honest or at least more often then you'd imagine since Crysis 2. Not everyone has the good 3D computers/displays. We all have different taste/things we want. Francomg recommended Max Payne 3 as a 3D game and I actually thought it was kind of mediocre.

Mass Effect 2 is among my favorite 3D experiences when I first started [Pre-helix mod obviously]. Which is when you do lenseflares,shadows, crosshair removed. Effects still broken. Compared to those titles Crysis 3 may seem like a blessing. http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5627
P.S look at depth of field on/off comparison.... it drives me nuts when you guys dont realize it does that. Which is why I need to go look at ME1 before someone makes it into vomit.

Posted 05/03/2013 12:02 AM   
Agree with eqzitara, try not be "know it alls" and be helpful to new users. @FrankBob6677 check out the convergance stuff and for your own sanity check out a few of the top end 3D games like Trine 2, metro, witcher 2. they are great baseline 3D games and really show what all this "real depth" stuff is.
Agree with eqzitara, try not be "know it alls" and be helpful to new users.

@FrankBob6677 check out the convergance stuff and for your own sanity check out a few of the top end 3D games like Trine 2, metro, witcher 2. they are great baseline 3D games and really show what all this "real depth" stuff is.

65" Samsung ES8000 LED, i7-3820, Asus P9X79, GTX680 SLI, Win8 Checkerboard /Win7 Frame Sequential

Posted 05/03/2013 12:10 AM   
  6 / 8    
Scroll To Top