Crysis 3 - 3D does not work?
  4 / 8    
One file/place is in user/documents/savegame "game.cfg" and another in main game directory "system.cfg". Did you try with both ? Also - someone might wanna find a new command list.
One file/place is in user/documents/savegame "game.cfg" and another in main game directory "system.cfg". Did you try with both ?
Also - someone might wanna find a new command list.

Posted 02/22/2013 08:42 PM   
I did try with Dual Output - didn`t work like it use to be.
I did try with Dual Output - didn`t work like it use to be.

Posted 02/22/2013 08:44 PM   
Im just installing it now, I'll be pretty annoyed if the 3D does not work, Im running 3 x asus vg 236 3D moniters.
Im just installing it now, I'll be pretty annoyed if the 3D does not work, Im running 3 x asus vg 236 3D moniters.

Posted 02/23/2013 01:20 AM   
It's not like your missing anything, you'd be lucky to know if 3D is even on or not.
It's not like your missing anything, you'd be lucky to know if 3D is even on or not.

Posted 02/23/2013 03:15 AM   
I just decided to try it out. I mean its not nearly what Id like it to be but its decent. Its got a real low limit on depth which is the main problem but for people with BIG screens its not shabby (bigger screens need less seperation). I play on like a 70" screen and its not as bad I would of expected. I'd imagine it would be much different for non projector users though.
I just decided to try it out. I mean its not nearly what Id like it to be but its decent. Its got a real low limit on depth which is the main problem but for people with BIG screens its not shabby (bigger screens need less seperation). I play on like a 70" screen and its not as bad I would of expected. I'd imagine it would be much different for non projector users though.

Posted 02/23/2013 10:38 PM   
Seems stupid they limit it so low though, I really wouldn't mind the fake 3D effect so much if it could have proper depth. Atleast then the FPS hit is justifiable, but as is I can barely tell the depth difference between the gun and distant objects. Surely there is some console command we can use to get more depth.
Seems stupid they limit it so low though, I really wouldn't mind the fake 3D effect so much if it could have proper depth. Atleast then the FPS hit is justifiable, but as is I can barely tell the depth difference between the gun and distant objects.

Surely there is some console command we can use to get more depth.

Posted 02/23/2013 10:57 PM   
I did use the tool provided by Crytek`s employee to create autoexec.bat file and did some changes to Stereo3D (using old commands) without any luck.
I did use the tool provided by Crytek`s employee to create autoexec.bat file and did some changes to Stereo3D (using old commands) without any luck.

Posted 02/24/2013 09:19 AM   
They have to limit the depth because reprojection stereo shows garbage with higher settings. It becomes much more appearant with higher separation. See my screenshots from crysis2. More gap more crap!
They have to limit the depth because reprojection stereo shows garbage with higher settings.
It becomes much more appearant with higher separation. See my screenshots from crysis2.
More gap more crap!

Posted 02/24/2013 10:25 AM   
yeah, there was a tweak to add more depth on crysis2, it looked a little bit better, not much, but in exchange i got massive amounts of headaches
yeah, there was a tweak to add more depth on crysis2, it looked a little bit better, not much, but in exchange i got massive amounts of headaches

All hail 3d modders Helifax, bo3b, mike_ar69, 4everAwake, 3d4dd, eqzitara and so many more helping to keep the 3d dream alive, find their 3d fixes at http://helixmod.blogspot.com/

Posted 02/24/2013 10:33 AM   
I also didn`t complain about this type of 3D on 150 inch screen (Dual Projection). That is why i really want to get it right. Like it use to be with Crysis 2. Maybe someone already found a new list of stereo command lines.
I also didn`t complain about this type of 3D on 150 inch screen (Dual Projection). That is why i really want to get it right. Like it use to be with Crysis 2.
Maybe someone already found a new list of stereo command lines.

Posted 02/24/2013 10:34 PM   
Yes folks, whoever finds out a way to mess around with Crysis 3 .cfg files in a way we can use more depth, please let us know here. Give us detailed facts, so we can also try it out and see how it looks. Surely, Crysis 3 3D is fake and crappy, so would be great to try to make it at least reasonable. From my experience, getter more depth already helps a lot, since more convergence won't really help much in this type of 3D that uses reprojection. I've tried before in Crysis 2, and it looks fake like hell, it also hurts the eyes. More depth is already a good bonus for this great game to improve the 3D experience. Such a shame that Crytek won't let us PC gamers try out the most advanced game in the world, Crysis 3 with proper real 3D (FULL DUAL Rendering). I know we would need 2xGTX690 or 2xGTX Titan to run this game with maxed out settings in real3D and that there would be some anomalies to deal with and post effects objects rendered in 2D, but we're PC gamers and we like to tweak things. I know we could turn off some settings and still make Crysis 3 very playable in real 3D. Maybe one day Helix learns about fixing DX11 games, so he could fix Crysis 3. Why doesn't Crytek leave Cryengine3 open so Nvidia drivers could handle the real 3D, I really would like to understand why Crysis 2,3 are different from any other game regarding 3D???
Yes folks, whoever finds out a way to mess around with Crysis 3 .cfg files in a way we can use more depth, please let us know here. Give us detailed facts, so we can also try it out and see how it looks. Surely, Crysis 3 3D is fake and crappy, so would be great to try to make it at least reasonable. From my experience, getter more depth already helps a lot, since more convergence won't really help much in this type of 3D that uses reprojection. I've tried before in Crysis 2, and it looks fake like hell, it also hurts the eyes. More depth is already a good bonus for this great game to improve the 3D experience.

Such a shame that Crytek won't let us PC gamers try out the most advanced game in the world, Crysis 3 with proper real 3D (FULL DUAL Rendering). I know we would need 2xGTX690 or 2xGTX Titan to run this game with maxed out settings in real3D and that there would be some anomalies to deal with and post effects objects rendered in 2D, but we're PC gamers and we like to tweak things.
I know we could turn off some settings and still make Crysis 3 very playable in real 3D. Maybe one day Helix learns about fixing DX11 games, so he could fix Crysis 3.
Why doesn't Crytek leave Cryengine3 open so Nvidia drivers could handle the real 3D, I really would like to understand why Crysis 2,3 are different from any other game regarding 3D???

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits - Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz - Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z68 - Geforce EVGA GTX 690 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 (2T) - Thermaltake Armor+ - SSD Intel 510 Series Sata3 256GB - HD WD Caviar Black Sata3 64mb 2TB - HD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata3 64mb - Bose Sound System - LG H20L GGW Blu Ray/DVD/CD RW - LG GH20 DVD RAM - PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W - Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision Ready + 3D HDTV SAMSUNG PL63C7000 3DTVPLAY + ROLLERMOD CHECKERBOARD

Posted 02/25/2013 03:57 PM   
On the main Forum they already ask them to unlock this commands for us to work with them. Guy from Crytek wrote that they will take a look at it and work to get more Stereo3D control. Here you all can get the tweaking tool for all visual options and read future respond. http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=56955&sid=ba03e188dceaba1cabdcf54a4d8a06bd
On the main Forum they already ask them to unlock this commands for us to work with them. Guy from Crytek wrote that they will take a look at it and work to get more Stereo3D control.

Here you all can get the tweaking tool for all visual options and read future respond.

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=56955&sid=ba03e188dceaba1cabdcf54a4d8a06bd

Posted 02/25/2013 06:13 PM   
Sure would be nice if they would let us crank it up, even if it isn't playable. Back when the first Crysis came out and I was on an 8800, I saved the game in the "pretty places". After I finished, I went back to those saves, cranked the graphics all the way up, and took some great screenshots that I still use as wallpaper today. The FPS went down to less than 1 but screenshots still worked fine.
Sure would be nice if they would let us crank it up, even if it isn't playable. Back when the first Crysis came out and I was on an 8800, I saved the game in the "pretty places". After I finished, I went back to those saves, cranked the graphics all the way up, and took some great screenshots that I still use as wallpaper today. The FPS went down to less than 1 but screenshots still worked fine.

Tips for New 3D Vision Users

"The sciences...have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
--- from Lovecraft's "Call of Cthulhu"

Posted 02/26/2013 01:40 AM   
Personally I find the 3D in Crysis 3 not so bad, at least there is almost no ghosting and performace is much better than with true 3D rendering. All very high settings look amazing, my GTX 690 outputs about 60 FPS with 4 MSAA. Also the multiplayer has a refreshing gamestyle and can be played in 3D without Vsync, so relatively lag free.
Personally I find the 3D in Crysis 3 not so bad, at least there is almost no ghosting and performace is much better than with true 3D rendering. All very high settings look amazing, my GTX 690 outputs about 60 FPS with 4 MSAA. Also the multiplayer has a refreshing gamestyle and can be played in 3D without Vsync, so relatively lag free.

690 GTX - Rampage III Extreme - Core i7 920 @ 3.8 GHz - 6 GB OCZ Ram - Windows 7 64

Posted 02/26/2013 09:51 AM   
I can't enable 3d vision for crysis 3. It shows grey "Driver" in settings but the green light on the emitter is not glowing bright. Also the display is not going into 3d mode (benq xl2420t shows a small green led if 3d is enabled). I tried disabling or shutting down the 3d service before launching crysis then reenabling it but this only results in a side-by-side view and now 3d. I also tried CTRL+T or pressing the button on the emitter but this just makes the screen flicker for a millisecond without any changes afterwards. Other games are working perfectly with 3d. Only Crysis 3 does not switch to 3d as expected. I am using a Geforce GTX 680. Any idea?
I can't enable 3d vision for crysis 3.
It shows grey "Driver" in settings but the green light on the emitter is not glowing bright.
Also the display is not going into 3d mode (benq xl2420t shows a small green led if 3d is enabled).
I tried disabling or shutting down the 3d service before launching crysis then reenabling it but this only results in a side-by-side view and now 3d.
I also tried CTRL+T or pressing the button on the emitter but this just makes the screen flicker for a millisecond without any changes afterwards.
Other games are working perfectly with 3d. Only Crysis 3 does not switch to 3d as expected.
I am using a Geforce GTX 680.
Any idea?

Posted 02/26/2013 09:19 PM   
  4 / 8    
Scroll To Top