GT 610 doesn't go with windows 8
I get a twitchy screen on windows 8 with a Colorful Gt610 2G DDR3 card. It's like this: The later installation process turns total black, but succeeds. After reboot, the windows logo appears normally, but instead of fading, it leaves some red and yellow dots on the screen. Then the welcome screen becomes twitchy, Each icon being partly misplaced and the mousemove leaving a tail of incorrect repaint. The system detects the card and tries to apply any driver, resulting in a total blackout. My hardware: Colorful Gt610 2G DDR3 AMD Athlon64 X2 4000+ Gigabyte M61SME-S2 (NF6100-405) 4G DDR2 Windows 8 Pro (X64) Ps: The system works well with windows 7 and XP. I tried driver 310.90 307.74 and other versions, none works.
I get a twitchy screen on windows 8 with a Colorful Gt610 2G DDR3 card.

It's like this:
The later installation process turns total black, but succeeds. After reboot, the windows logo appears normally, but instead of fading, it leaves some red and yellow dots on the screen. Then the welcome screen becomes twitchy, Each icon being partly misplaced and the mousemove leaving a tail of incorrect repaint. The system detects the card and tries to apply any driver, resulting in a total blackout.

My hardware:
Colorful Gt610 2G DDR3
AMD Athlon64 X2 4000+
Gigabyte M61SME-S2 (NF6100-405)
4G DDR2
Windows 8 Pro (X64)

Ps:

The system works well with windows 7 and XP.
I tried driver 310.90 307.74 and other versions, none works.

Posted 02/18/2013 03:30 AM   
Hmmm. I went to Microsoft Windows 8 Forum to discover that 610 might really have some problem with windows 8, or windows 8 with 610. Many encountered similar problems.
Hmmm.
I went to Microsoft Windows 8 Forum to discover that 610 might really have some problem with windows 8, or windows 8 with 610. Many encountered similar problems.

Posted 02/19/2013 06:02 AM   
When installing nvidia driver on Win8 you will need to disable auto update and disable internet access, this is to prevent driver conflicts, because win8 seems to be installing it's own driver while you're installing your own driver simultaneously and resulting a driver conflicts.
When installing nvidia driver on Win8 you will need to disable auto update and disable internet access, this is to prevent driver conflicts, because win8 seems to be installing it's own driver while you're installing your own driver simultaneously and resulting a driver conflicts.

Posted 02/19/2013 03:57 PM   
Actually by updating it to a newer beta version, I managed to make the system go. The F10a BIOS recogonises both the onboard display and the card, which the older versions don't. By forcing the mainboard to keep the onboard display on, the 610 card can be used as a secondary display. The minor is that I can not see the boot screen or the windows logo. Otherwise, the system still freezes.
Actually by updating it to a newer beta version, I managed to make the system go. The F10a BIOS recogonises both the onboard display and the card, which the older versions don't. By forcing the mainboard to keep the onboard display on, the 610 card can be used as a secondary display. The minor is that I can not see the boot screen or the windows logo. Otherwise, the system still freezes.

Posted 02/23/2013 09:14 AM   
Scroll To Top