Brightness Problem in Windows 8
Hi, I would like to discuses a problem in my new laptop. Its HP Envy DV6-7210TX and has dual grafix Intel HD Grafix 4000 & GeForce 630 GT with windows 8. I have the latest drivers i-e 310.90 for GeForce and 9.17.10.218 for Intel HD Grafix 4000. The issue is i can not adjust the brightness of may laptop LCD as i want. Brightness goes to full 100% when i press F3 key one time and goes down to 0% when i press the F2 key. There is no stopping in middle of it. And it hurts eyes when i look at my LCD for a while. I have searched Google but could not find any help so far. I know its a windows registry value issue but don't know where is this registry value and to what value should i change it to fix this problem. Please guide me how to fix this problem. your help will be very much appreciated. Regards, S@jid Ali.
Hi,

I would like to discuses a problem in my new laptop. Its HP Envy DV6-7210TX and has dual grafix Intel HD Grafix 4000 & GeForce 630 GT with windows 8.

I have the latest drivers i-e 310.90 for GeForce and 9.17.10.218 for Intel HD Grafix 4000.

The issue is i can not adjust the brightness of may laptop LCD as i want. Brightness goes to full 100% when i press F3 key one time and goes down to 0% when i press the F2 key. There is no stopping in middle of it. And it hurts eyes when i look at my LCD for a while.

I have searched Google but could not find any help so far. I know its a windows registry value issue but don't know where is this registry value and to what value should i change it to fix this problem.

Please guide me how to fix this problem. your help will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
S@jid Ali.

Posted 02/17/2013 03:25 AM   
any 1?
any 1?

Posted 02/18/2013 08:21 AM   
The exact same problem! I don't understand why NVIDIA are just letting this go, I have updated to the very latest firmware R331 and I still have the same problem! The problem has always been prevalent since I brought the laptop, it's disappointing as I have a high range laptop. Anyone know anything at all?
The exact same problem! I don't understand why NVIDIA are just letting this go, I have updated to the very latest firmware R331 and I still have the same problem! The problem has always been prevalent since I brought the laptop, it's disappointing as I have a high range laptop.

Anyone know anything at all?

Posted 11/05/2013 03:11 AM   
The solution that worked for me was that at 1st I installed Windows 7 to see if its hardware problem or software. Windows 7 worked just fine with this brightness issue. So I restored Windows 8 and updated the Intel Grafix Driver. I've Intel Grafix 4000 I dont know whats your. Just search for driver updates for your Built-in grafix chip like I've intel's 4000. Install the update and it will work just fine. Now I am using Windows 8.1 :) Regards, ~S@~
The solution that worked for me was that at 1st I installed Windows 7 to see if its hardware problem or software. Windows 7 worked just fine with this brightness issue. So I restored Windows 8 and updated the Intel Grafix Driver. I've Intel Grafix 4000 I dont know whats your. Just search for driver updates for your Built-in grafix chip like I've intel's 4000. Install the update and it will work just fine.

Now I am using Windows 8.1 :)

Regards,
~S@~

Posted 11/05/2013 12:47 PM   
Scroll To Top