gigabyte 660 TI OC help
ive had my 660 for about 3 months and over the psst couple of weeks ive been having a problem with it. When im playing a game (BFBC 2, MWO, Skyrim, Max P 3) the game will freez with a blank screen and a audio loop. Some times i will end up with a driver error like in the pictuer below, but most times i have to press Ctrl, alt, Del to get the task manager screen up and then close the game that way. I've tried all the latest drivers and my cards temps are about 65-68c under load. Im though it might be a PSU problem not delivering enough clean watts but i got like 600W thermaltake PSu and they are normally good.. Its also a clean instilation of windows 7 too. Does it sound like a card problem or conflicting hardware? [IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m93/dj8work/drivererror_zps26674be9.png[/IMG] Intel i5 2500k, ASUS P8P67 PRO, 8GB ADATA XGP Gaming Series Ram, Gigabyte 660 TI OC , Thermaltake Truepower 600watts, Sound Blaster X-FI 7.1, Creative Inspire TD7700 7.1 speakers,1TB Western digital H/D @ 7,200 RPM,Razor Diamondback mouse, Thermalright SI-120 +120mm fan,Panasonic 42' HDTV
ive had my 660 for about 3 months and over the psst couple of weeks ive been having a problem with it. When im playing a game (BFBC 2, MWO, Skyrim, Max P 3) the game will freez with a blank screen and a audio loop. Some times i will end up with a driver error like in the pictuer below, but most times i have to press Ctrl, alt, Del to get the task manager screen up and then close the game that way.

I've tried all the latest drivers and my cards temps are about 65-68c under load. Im though it might be a PSU problem not delivering enough clean watts but i got like 600W thermaltake PSu and they are normally good.. Its also a clean instilation of windows 7 too. Does it sound like a card problem or conflicting hardware?

Intel i5 2500k, ASUS P8P67 PRO, 8GB ADATA XGP Gaming Series Ram, Gigabyte 660 TI OC , Thermaltake Truepower 600watts, Sound Blaster X-FI 7.1, Creative Inspire TD7700 7.1 speakers,1TB Western digital H/D @ 7,200 RPM,Razor Diamondback mouse, Thermalright SI-120 +120mm fan,Panasonic 42' HDTV

Posted 02/09/2013 07:04 PM   
If the issue came out of the blue, before any changes, I would also look at the PSU as the culprit. Just keep in mind, all hardware can fail, the output of the PSU only needs to drop. The initial things I like to do before purchasing new hardware, haphazardly, is like you, try drivers (perhaps it got updated- I would go backward, not forward...306.xx), try other hardware drivers (like CREATIVE, they suck :) ), remove hardware (lightens PSU strain and removes for possible conflict, keyboard / mouse / Optical / USB items), remove half the ram(if using 4sticks - then swap them, then check the other channel), and check for hidden infactions (ComboFix is good, then use an online scanner ESET) But, another user has a good suggestion to try....[url=https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/528579/constant-tdr-errors-pleas-help-/?offset=2#3735825] Ohpz [/url]
If the issue came out of the blue, before any changes, I would also look at the PSU as the culprit. Just keep in mind, all hardware can fail, the output of the PSU only needs to drop.

The initial things I like to do before purchasing new hardware, haphazardly, is like you, try drivers (perhaps it got updated- I would go backward, not forward...306.xx), try other hardware drivers (like CREATIVE, they suck :) ), remove hardware (lightens PSU strain and removes for possible conflict, keyboard / mouse / Optical / USB items), remove half the ram(if using 4sticks - then swap them, then check the other channel), and check for hidden infactions (ComboFix is good, then use an online scanner ESET)

But, another user has a good suggestion to try.... Ohpz

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 02/09/2013 08:05 PM   
update.. I tried taking a stick of ram out (4GB) and i also installed MSI afterburner and Kombustor so i cuold stress and monitor my GPU. On the wavey panel test my cards power consumption was about 98% but some times it did hit 100% and even for a microsecond hit 101% Out of the 3 different tests only the wavey panel maxed out my power consumption and crashed (see image below. [IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m93/dj8work/drivererror2_zpsa901f335.png[/IMG] This happened with in 1 minute, but on the other tests (tessellation & furr tessillation) my card power consumption was about 86% and never crashed. So at the moment its looking like my PSU. Note.... in the image above, in the bottom right hand cornor you can see the error message just before it fadded out.It reads. Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 310.90 stope responding and has succesfully recovered. Im about to install a older driver. any ideas which one i should use? if so where could i download it from?
update..

I tried taking a stick of ram out (4GB) and i also installed MSI afterburner and Kombustor so i cuold stress and monitor my GPU. On the wavey panel test my cards power consumption was about 98% but some times it did hit 100% and even for a microsecond hit 101%

Out of the 3 different tests only the wavey panel maxed out my power consumption and crashed (see image below.

This happened with in 1 minute, but on the other tests (tessellation & furr tessillation) my card power consumption was about 86% and never crashed. So at the moment its looking like my PSU.

Note.... in the image above, in the bottom right hand cornor you can see the error message just before it fadded out.It reads. Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 310.90 stope responding and has succesfully recovered.

Im about to install a older driver. any ideas which one i should use? if so where could i download it from?

Posted 02/10/2013 10:26 AM   
[url=http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-305.68-whql-driver.html] 305.68 [/url] Win7 64bit [url=http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-306.97-whql-driver.html] 306.97 [/url] Win7 64bit
305.68 Win7 64bit
306.97 Win7 64bit

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 02/10/2013 02:16 PM   
Scroll To Top