660ti SLI dual monitor issue.
I currently built a computer and I'm having issues with running dual monitors in sli with my dual 660ti. My computer sees both video cards and I can extend the display. When I go into the NVIDIA control panel and enable SLI the PhysX box only shows one green box for my video cards and the other is green. Is there anything I can do to help fix that and run SLI dual monitors? ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120KW 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive EVGA - GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card
I currently built a computer and I'm having issues with running dual monitors in sli with my dual 660ti. My computer sees both video cards and I can extend the display. When I go into the NVIDIA control panel and enable SLI the PhysX box only shows one green box for my video cards and the other is green. Is there anything I can do to help fix that and run SLI dual monitors?

ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120KW 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive
EVGA - GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

Posted 02/06/2013 12:14 PM   
The only mistake I made when I installed my 2 x 660Ti's - DCII was putting the second card in the wrong slot. It must be in the PCI-E slot furthest from the 1st card. While it was in the wrong slot in was not able to activate SLI even though both cards were showing in the control panel. I only made the mistake in the first place because the cards were so much wider than my old 560Ti's that I couldn't see the slot numbers. It's unlikely this helps you but I thought I'd share!
The only mistake I made when I installed my 2 x 660Ti's - DCII was putting the second card in the wrong slot.
It must be in the PCI-E slot furthest from the 1st card.
While it was in the wrong slot in was not able to activate SLI even though both cards were showing in the control panel.

I only made the mistake in the first place because the cards were so much wider than my old 560Ti's that I couldn't see the slot numbers.

It's unlikely this helps you but I thought I'd share!

Posted 02/07/2013 05:34 AM   
If you're trying to run SLI across both monitors, like a two-screen Surround configuration, it will not work. If you attach both monitors to the Primary GPU, then you will be presented with the option of choosing one or the other as the "SLI Focus" - getting the benfits of the teaming - while the other will run in regular single-GPU mode...
If you're trying to run SLI across both monitors, like a two-screen Surround configuration, it will not work. If you attach both monitors to the Primary GPU, then you will be presented with the option of choosing one or the other as the "SLI Focus" - getting the benfits of the teaming - while the other will run in regular single-GPU mode...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 02/07/2013 10:21 PM   
Scroll To Top