GT 640 incompatible with ASUS P5VD2-VM chipset VIA?
Please, whoever could help me... I bought a GeForce GT 640 2Gb 128-bit but it is not working in my PC (motherboard ASUS P5VD2-VM, Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 4M cache). The graphics card works in other computers, and other graphics cards work in my computer, so both are working well... it is not a memory problem (other graphics card worked with the same memory) neither power supply (mine is a true 400W and the GT 640 worked in a PC with a just 200W one). Computer starts, processor fan, graphic card fan and power supply fan spin, but nothing appear in monitor. It is not possible even to enter in BIOS (it doesn't appear nothing!) Please, if someone could know if there is some incompatibility between VIA chipset and GT640 nvidia chipset, or PCI-E 3.0 (GT640) and PCI-E x16 (motherboard), I will be very grateful.
Please, whoever could help me... I bought a GeForce GT 640 2Gb 128-bit but it is not working in my PC (motherboard ASUS P5VD2-VM, Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 4M cache). The graphics card works in other computers, and other graphics cards work in my computer, so both are working well... it is not a memory problem (other graphics card worked with the same memory) neither power supply (mine is a true 400W and the GT 640 worked in a PC with a just 200W one). Computer starts, processor fan, graphic card fan and power supply fan spin, but nothing appear in monitor. It is not possible even to enter in BIOS (it doesn't appear nothing!) Please, if someone could know if there is some incompatibility between VIA chipset and GT640 nvidia chipset, or PCI-E 3.0 (GT640) and PCI-E x16 (motherboard), I will be very grateful.

Posted 02/06/2013 10:09 AM   
Have you disabled the onboard video in the motherboards BIOS or tried setting the VGA options to use the PCI-e slot rather than onboard? Like so: [img]http://i.imgur.com/OTbGcJp.png[/img]
It is hard to actually offer an support when your convinced what is not the problem. If the previous suggestion did not help, check the BIOS version. The board is rather old and really could be incompatible with the card.
It is hard to actually offer an support when your convinced what is not the problem.

If the previous suggestion did not help, check the BIOS version.

The board is rather old and really could be incompatible with the card.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 02/06/2013 02:04 PM   
Scroll To Top