Windows 8 boot up to black flashing screen after driver update, PLEASE HELP!!!!
Please help me! I installed a new driver to my card and now my pc cant start. once my pc's power is turned on, theres about 5 seconds of nothing, the screen exits sleep mode, and just keeps flashing black! I cant see anything, i cant do anything! Im stuck! I seriously dont know what to do! What do i need to do to fix it!
Please help me! I installed a new driver to my card and now my pc cant start. once my pc's power is turned on, theres about 5 seconds of nothing, the screen exits sleep mode, and just keeps flashing black! I cant see anything, i cant do anything! Im stuck! I seriously dont know what to do! What do i need to do to fix it!

Posted 02/02/2013 05:45 PM   
This is the exact same issue I had when I installed the newer drivers. Your going to have to use Shift+F8 to enter the advanced recovery and restore. Hopefully Nvidia can fix this soon...
This is the exact same issue I had when I installed the newer drivers. Your going to have to use Shift+F8 to enter the advanced recovery and restore. Hopefully Nvidia can fix this soon...

Posted 02/02/2013 06:18 PM   
I been trying this for quite some time, do i hold shift and f8 or hold shift and spam f8? I had this PC for about a month, and the card for a day!
I been trying this for quite some time, do i hold shift and f8 or hold shift and spam f8? I had this PC for about a month, and the card for a day!

Posted 02/02/2013 06:26 PM   
Please will someone help me!!! Im sorry if this is a bump, but this is fustrating as hell! I'v been trying shift+f8 for ages and still nothing. Alot of forums say to reset windows 8 from scratch but it was preinstalled, meaning i got no way of doing that! They also say safe mode had to have been turned on before hand (stupedist design flaw ever!) but since i cant enter desktop, i cant do that! The closest to working i got was seeing my mouse by clicking every possible mouse button ti'll it appears!
Please will someone help me!!! Im sorry if this is a bump, but this is fustrating as hell! I'v been trying shift+f8 for ages and still nothing. Alot of forums say to reset windows 8 from scratch but it was preinstalled, meaning i got no way of doing that! They also say safe mode had to have been turned on before hand (stupedist design flaw ever!) but since i cant enter desktop, i cant do that! The closest to working i got was seeing my mouse by clicking every possible mouse button ti'll it appears!

Posted 02/03/2013 07:29 AM   
I FOUND THE FIX!!! Listen up good people. You sadly need to remove the graphics card and use the older card u used before *in my case, intel hd graphics intergrated* Once thats done, remove ALL drivers related to nvidia and then reinstall card... IT should work for msot people with this problem.
I FOUND THE FIX!!! Listen up good people. You sadly need to remove the graphics card and use the older card u used before *in my case, intel hd graphics intergrated* Once thats done, remove ALL drivers related to nvidia and then reinstall card... IT should work for msot people with this problem.

Posted 02/03/2013 08:31 AM   
Check this thread.. [url]https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/528496/does-the-313-95-driver-fix-the-windows-8-reboot-into-black-flashing-screen-problem-/#3736694[/url]

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 || i5 2500K + Hyper212 Evo || ASRock z68 Extreme3 Gen3 || ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC || G.SKILL Sniper 8GB 1600 || OCZ Agility 3 120GB || Realtek HD Audio (ALC892) || HAF 912 || Corsair AX650 || ASUS VH238H

Posted 02/03/2013 08:34 AM   
Too late now.... Found my graphics card had died somehow. Notesure if a connection died, or deleating drivers upset it. but basicly my monitor doesn't pick up the card... OH well, back to intergrated graphics....
Too late now.... Found my graphics card had died somehow. Notesure if a connection died, or deleating drivers upset it. but basicly my monitor doesn't pick up the card... OH well, back to intergrated graphics....

Posted 02/03/2013 09:52 AM   
Check out my solution here: [url]https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/526772/windows-8-and-the-310-70-drivers/#3727439[/url]

Asus Crosshair II Formula (BIOS2702), QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 940, 3000 MHz (not OC), MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G (primary), Gainward GeForceĀ® GTX 570 1280MB "Phantom" (secondary - dedicated to PhysX - not OC), 8GB Corsair XMS2 DHX CM2X2048-6400C5DHX (not OC), 27" NEC EA273WM (primary), 17" Hanon H-240WB (secondary), Audigy 4 Audio Card, Microsoft Windows 8.1 x64 Professional on Crucial SSD CT256MX100SS (238 GB).

Posted 02/03/2013 11:36 AM   
Scroll To Top