Laptop could not detect Nvidia driver after reinstall Windows 7
I have an ALIENWARE M14X R2 laptop, and i've reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium yesterday. After installing, the laptop could not detect the Nvidia Driver anymore. It is not in Device Manager. Device manager ONLY shows the Integrated 4000 graphics card. Nvidia Control Panel have also disappear after reinstalling Windows 7. I tried to download all versions of the Nvidia driver that would work with GT 650M driver from dell and Nvidia website as well, but it still could not find compatibility driver in the laptop. I have also use auto detect driver from the Nvidia website, but it could not find it. I do not know what to do to be able to have the Nvidia driver working again. Plz Help, I would really appreciate it, because I am not a computer expert at all. [IMG]http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s666/Aj_Kuo/issues_zpseabb6a41.png[/IMG] Specs: RAM - 6.0GB, DDR-3 1600MHz SDRAM 2 DIMMS Processor - Intel Core 3rd Generation i7-3610QM Processor Graphics card: 1GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT 650M using NVIDIA Optimus Technology Hard drive: 500GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) Windows: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Service Pack 1 Screen Res: 1366x768
I have an ALIENWARE M14X R2 laptop, and i've reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium yesterday.
After installing, the laptop could not detect the Nvidia Driver anymore.
It is not in Device Manager. Device manager ONLY shows the Integrated 4000 graphics card.
Nvidia Control Panel have also disappear after reinstalling Windows 7.
I tried to download all versions of the Nvidia driver that would work with GT 650M driver from dell and Nvidia website as well, but it still could not find compatibility driver in the laptop. I have also use auto detect driver from the Nvidia website, but it could not find it. I do not know what to do to be able to have the Nvidia driver working again. Plz Help, I would really appreciate it, because I am not a computer expert at all.

Specs:
RAM - 6.0GB, DDR-3 1600MHz SDRAM 2 DIMMS
Processor - Intel Core 3rd Generation i7-3610QM Processor
Graphics card: 1GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT 650M using NVIDIA Optimus Technology
Hard drive: 500GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Windows: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Service Pack 1
Screen Res: 1366x768

Posted 02/02/2013 01:06 AM   
Did you make sure to reinstall any and all BIOS/Chipset updates from Dell/Alienware?
Did you make sure to reinstall any and all BIOS/Chipset updates from Dell/Alienware?

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 980 SLI:Asus ROG Swift PG278Q.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 02/02/2013 01:34 AM   
Yes I have, If I reinstall Windows again, would it help? because I think during my first time start up to the setting language page, I kinda forcing my laptop to reboot as it is not progressing anything at all What other options do i have? anyway to repair the whole installation of Windows? I have also checked BIOS it says Discrete Driver [Not Detected]. I think this is the major reason, but how can I detect the discrete driver?
Yes I have, If I reinstall Windows again, would it help?
because I think during my first time start up to the setting language page, I kinda forcing my laptop to reboot as it is not progressing anything at all

What other options do i have? anyway to repair the whole installation of Windows?

I have also checked BIOS it says Discrete Driver [Not Detected].
I think this is the major reason, but how can I detect the discrete driver?

Posted 02/02/2013 02:43 AM   
[quote="AJ-KYJ"]I have also checked BIOS it says Discrete Driver [Not Detected]. I think this is the major reason, but how can I detect the discrete driver?[/quote] If the system itself can't even detect the graphics device I would not expect Windows to either. Contact the notebook vendor, maybe they already had to provide several people the solution.
AJ-KYJ said:I have also checked BIOS it says Discrete Driver [Not Detected].
I think this is the major reason, but how can I detect the discrete driver?

If the system itself can't even detect the graphics device I would not expect Windows to either. Contact the notebook vendor, maybe they already had to provide several people the solution.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 02/02/2013 07:32 PM   
No other solution at all but contact the notebook vendor?
No other solution at all but contact the notebook vendor?

Posted 02/04/2013 10:45 AM   
Seems like a corrupted Bios is causing the issue
Seems like a corrupted Bios is causing the issue

Intel Core I7 4771 / Corsair RAM 16 GB DDR3 XMS3 / Gigabyte Z87-D3HP / MSI GTX 780 / Windows 8.1 64bit with latest updates

Posted 02/04/2013 11:53 AM   
Scroll To Top