GeForce 8400 GS problems on Windows 8 64bits
Hi! The computer is a Dell Vostro 270, 6gb ram, i5 3450. It only has a rgb output, so I added the geforce to have a second monitor. The configuration is: geforce with a 23' dell monitor (DVI) and onboard or geforce to second monitor via RGB. Installed the latest drivers from nvidia (310.90 whql for windows 8 64) and here the problem: when I restart the computer, both monitors begin to blink, one instant is a black screen with only the mouse pointer, other instant the screen turns off. The only way to have it working is removing nvidia drivers. Any idea what is happening? Thanks!
Hi!

The computer is a Dell Vostro 270, 6gb ram, i5 3450. It only has a rgb output, so I added the geforce to have a second monitor.

The configuration is: geforce with a 23' dell monitor (DVI) and onboard or geforce to second monitor via RGB.

Installed the latest drivers from nvidia (310.90 whql for windows 8 64) and here the problem: when I restart the computer, both monitors begin to blink, one instant is a black screen with only the mouse pointer, other instant the screen turns off.

The only way to have it working is removing nvidia drivers.

Any idea what is happening?

Thanks!

Posted 01/31/2013 07:58 AM   
I have A 9800gtx+ for a single Acer and I get the same thing happening. Whenever I install Nvidia drivers my PC will not boot to Windows 8. Have tried multiple versions of the driver. Anyone?
I have A 9800gtx+ for a single Acer and I get the same thing happening. Whenever I install Nvidia drivers my PC will not boot to Windows 8. Have tried multiple versions of the driver.

Anyone?

Posted 02/01/2013 03:10 PM   
I have completely [b]THE SAME PROBLEM[/b] as you guys. I did not see your thread before, so I made my own here [url]https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/529241/legacy/7600gs-win8-32b-and-307-74-/[/url]. I have 7600GS. Hm, so it's not just 307 drivers but newer... I guess that now that there are more of us some response would be soon made NVidia engineer.
I have completely THE SAME PROBLEM as you guys. I did not see your thread before, so I made my own here https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/529241/legacy/7600gs-win8-32b-and-307-74-/. I have 7600GS.

Hm, so it's not just 307 drivers but newer... I guess that now that there are more of us some response would be soon made NVidia engineer.

Posted 02/09/2013 05:26 PM   
I read this post: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/527599/geforce-drivers/windows-8-issues-solved-please-read-if-you-39-re-having-black-screen-and-or-flickering-/ I don't know if its your same issue, but I hope it helps. If its not the same problem from that thread maybe this will help: I recently had a problem like this but it was with a TV not a monitor, the new driver somehow did not recognized my TV but the driver it came with did, so I had to: 1. downgrade to the old driver, 2. export the EDID for my TV, 3. Update the driver again, and 4. with the TV connected thru VGA on one end(So that I could see) and HDMI on the other I loaded the EDID for my TV and it worked again.
I read this post:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/527599/geforce-drivers/windows-8-issues-solved-please-read-if-you-39-re-having-black-screen-and-or-flickering-/

I don't know if its your same issue, but I hope it helps.

If its not the same problem from that thread maybe this will help:

I recently had a problem like this but it was with a TV not a monitor, the new driver somehow did not recognized my TV but the driver it came with did,

so I had to:
1. downgrade to the old driver,
2. export the EDID for my TV,
3. Update the driver again, and
4. with the TV connected thru VGA on one end(So that I could see) and HDMI on the other I loaded the EDID for my TV and it worked again.

Posted 02/11/2013 08:15 AM   
Thank you for your post. I will try out what is suggested in that thread but only on Saturday, since I'm quite busy during the week. :/
Thank you for your post. I will try out what is suggested in that thread but only on Saturday, since I'm quite busy during the week. :/

Posted 02/13/2013 11:55 PM   
Scroll To Top