How to install manually proprietary driver on Ubuntu 12.10 with Bumblebee (no PPA)
My card is GT 540M with Optimus and Intel HD 3000. Have Ubuntu 12.10 (x86) clear setup with all quantal-updates and quantal-security. Kernel 3.5.0-22 and linux-headers-generic. Next step installing Bumblebee from official PPA with dependence of DKMS. From that time a want to install a proprietary driver 310.32 which means to be stable and recommended as said on the driver page. I don't mean install from x-swat repository, I just want to install it from *.run file [u]by myself[/u]. Make next: 1. Reboot and grub with recovery mode. 2. Typing sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-310.32.run and make install but doesn't apply nvidia-settings configure process for creating [b]etc/X11/xorg.conf[/b]. It's not needed and not working for Optimus card owners. Goes reboot and watching clear desktop. Hmm.. my Unity is gone.. No task bar, no icons.
My card is GT 540M with Optimus and Intel HD 3000. Have Ubuntu 12.10 (x86) clear setup with all quantal-updates and quantal-security. Kernel 3.5.0-22 and linux-headers-generic. Next step installing Bumblebee from official PPA with dependence of DKMS. From that time a want to install a proprietary driver 310.32 which means to be stable and recommended as said on the driver page. I don't mean install from x-swat repository, I just want to install it from *.run file by myself. Make next: 1. Reboot and grub with recovery mode. 2. Typing sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-310.32.run and make install but doesn't apply nvidia-settings configure process for creating etc/X11/xorg.conf. It's not needed and not working for Optimus card owners. Goes reboot and watching clear desktop. Hmm.. my Unity is gone.. No task bar, no icons.

Posted 01/30/2013 07:44 PM   
Scroll To Top