Geforce Experience can't find my games sticky thread
  1 / 12    
This thread is designed to assist users troubleshoot issues that may prevent the NVIDIA GeForce Experience from detecting your installed games. The GeForce Experience (GFE) client installer does not include a database of supported games. After the GeForce Experience is initially installed, it will attempt to download a database containing a list of supported games. Firewall programs may prevent the GFE client from downloading the latest database in which case the client will not be able to detect any of your installed games. Please make sure the GeForce Experience is able to connect to the internet after it has been installed. Only games that GeForce Experience has optimal settings for and are found on your computer will show up in the games list. GeForce Experience provides optimal settings for these games. [url]http://www.geforce.com/drivers/geforce-experience/supported-games[/url] Check to make sure your game is supported. GeForce Experience uses the locations specified in the Preferences —> Games tab to find games. Add the location where your game is installed if you have selected a directory other than the default game path. The GeForce Experience Scan for games feature can only support unsecured directories. Directories that have access limitations (such as network shares, user directories, etc.) are not supported. GeForce Experience creates a new user named "UpdatusUser". If this user profile does not have read access to the directory where your games are installed to, Geforce Experience will not be able to locate those games. Supported games must be patched to the latest version available from the developer. The Geforce Experience will not detect older versions of the game, the use of game cracks or other mods which makes changes to the games executable. If after troubleshooting the GeForce Experience is unable to detect your installed game(s), please leave feedback in this thread and please provide us with the following information: 1) Operating system 2) Title of game and version installed 3) Location/path where game is installed 3) Your Windows language 4) Game format (retail CD or DVD/Steam/Origin/Uplay, etc.) 5) Send us the log from NVIDIA GeForce Experience by clicking on the Send Feedback button, “Game not found” category and be sure to add all the exe locations for the games GeForce Experience missed. [img]http://nvidiaforums.s3.amazonaws.com/1-25-2013 4-33-43 PM.png[/img] Choose the appropriate category and include relevant information through the pop up feedback form that appears:
This thread is designed to assist users troubleshoot issues that may prevent the NVIDIA GeForce Experience from detecting your installed games.

The GeForce Experience (GFE) client installer does not include a database of supported games. After the GeForce Experience is initially installed, it will attempt to download a database containing a list of supported games. Firewall programs may prevent the GFE client from downloading the latest database in which case the client will not be able to detect any of your installed games. Please make sure the GeForce Experience is able to connect to the internet after it has been installed.

Only games that GeForce Experience has optimal settings for and are found on your computer will show up in the games list. GeForce Experience provides optimal settings for these games.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/geforce-experience/supported-games

Check to make sure your game is supported.

GeForce Experience uses the locations specified in the Preferences —> Games tab to find games. Add the location where your game is installed if you have selected a directory other than the default game path.

The GeForce Experience Scan for games feature can only support unsecured directories. Directories that have access limitations (such as network shares, user directories, etc.) are not supported.

GeForce Experience creates a new user named "UpdatusUser". If this user profile does not have read access to the directory where your games are installed to, Geforce Experience will not be able to locate those games.

Supported games must be patched to the latest version available from the developer. The Geforce Experience will not detect older versions of the game, the use of game cracks or other mods which makes changes to the games executable.

If after troubleshooting the GeForce Experience is unable to detect your installed game(s), please leave feedback in this thread and please provide us with the following information:

1) Operating system
2) Title of game and version installed
3) Location/path where game is installed
3) Your Windows language
4) Game format (retail CD or DVD/Steam/Origin/Uplay, etc.)
5) Send us the log from NVIDIA GeForce Experience by clicking on the Send Feedback button, “Game not found” category and be sure to add all the exe locations for the games GeForce Experience missed.

Choose the appropriate category and include relevant information through the pop up feedback form that appears:

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 01/26/2013 12:23 AM   
Hi, great idea with this, just finding the supported games list a little lacking. Please add the MMO Rift to your list! :) If you need, here is my feedback about the game itself and where it is/how it looks on my PC: Windows 7 Rift, v. 2.1 C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT English Directly downloaded from Trion Thanks and keep up the great work! ~Des
Hi, great idea with this, just finding the supported games list a little lacking. Please add the MMO Rift to your list! :) If you need, here is my feedback about the game itself and where it is/how it looks on my PC:

Windows 7
Rift, v. 2.1
C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT
English
Directly downloaded from Trion

Thanks and keep up the great work!

~Des

Posted 01/26/2013 07:24 PM   
1) Windows 7 64 bit 2) Hitman Absolution, DOTA 2 3) C:\Games\Steam\ 3) English 4) Steam
1) Windows 7 64 bit
2) Hitman Absolution, DOTA 2
3) C:\Games\Steam\
3) English
4) Steam

Posted 01/28/2013 05:25 AM   
1) Windows 7 64 bit 2) Black Ops 2 3) C:\Program Files (x86)\ 3) English 4) Steam
1) Windows 7 64 bit
2) Black Ops 2
3) C:\Program Files (x86)\
3) English
4) Steam

Posted 01/29/2013 08:33 AM   
1) Windows 7 64 bit 2) Team Fortress 2 3) D:\Steam 4) Russian 5) Steam
1) Windows 7 64 bit
2) Team Fortress 2
3) D:\Steam
4) Russian
5) Steam

Posted 01/29/2013 09:35 AM   
1) Windows 7 64 bit 2) Far Cry 3 3) G:\Games\Steam 4) English 5) Steam All other games inc. DX11 found and work ok. But not Far Cry 3 UPDATE: I re-installed both Geforce Experience, and FC3 and it still didn't pick it up. I then tested a few things, I copied the farcry3.exe from another PC I had it on and put it into the steam location replacing the file. Geforce Experience found it straight up... Not sure what was happening.
1) Windows 7 64 bit
2) Far Cry 3
3) G:\Games\Steam
4) English
5) Steam

All other games inc. DX11 found and work ok.
But not Far Cry 3

UPDATE:
I re-installed both Geforce Experience, and FC3 and it still didn't pick it up.
I then tested a few things, I copied the farcry3.exe from another PC I had it on and put it into the steam location replacing the file. Geforce Experience found it straight up...
Not sure what was happening.

Posted 01/31/2013 09:20 PM   
1) Windows 7 64 bit 2) DOTA 2 3) C:\Steam Library\ 4) Simplified Chinese 5) Steam --------------------------------- 1) Windows 7 64 bit 2) Counter-Strike:GO & Portal 2 & The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings 3) D:\Steam\ 4) Simplified Chinese 5) Steam --------------------------------- I installed steam and other games at "d:\steam"(hdd),DOTA2 at "c:\Steam Library"(ssd). But it seems that none game could be found. ================update 16:50 2013/2/3 GTM +8======== All games are found successfully.
1) Windows 7 64 bit
2) DOTA 2
3) C:\Steam Library\
4) Simplified Chinese
5) Steam

---------------------------------
1) Windows 7 64 bit
2) Counter-Strike:GO & Portal 2 & The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
3) D:\Steam\
4) Simplified Chinese
5) Steam

---------------------------------

I installed steam and other games at "d:\steam"(hdd),DOTA2 at "c:\Steam Library"(ssd).
But it seems that none game could be found.

================update 16:50 2013/2/3 GTM +8========
All games are found successfully.

Posted 02/02/2013 07:00 AM   
Hi, I have a little bit different problem ... I'm using 128GB SSD disc for windows ... so I am noy going to install any games to this SSD. Instead I have another 2TB HDD where I installing 90% of my software and all of my games when I try to set different scan location for game search I get an error message "GeForce Experience cannot scan locations within user accounts" don't know how I did(probably it was "20th" try), but I managed to to get there Battlefield 3 from that directory Operating system: Windows 7 64bit Games installed: Battlefield 3, Diablo 3, Hawken, NFS Most Wanted 2012 path to my games: D:/Mike/Games/ Windows language: Slovak
Hi, I have a little bit different problem ...
I'm using 128GB SSD disc for windows ... so I am noy going to install any games to this SSD.
Instead I have another 2TB HDD where I installing 90% of my software and all of my games

when I try to set different scan location for game search I get an error message "GeForce Experience cannot scan locations within user accounts"

don't know how I did(probably it was "20th" try), but I managed to to get there Battlefield 3 from that directory

Operating system: Windows 7 64bit
Games installed: Battlefield 3, Diablo 3, Hawken, NFS Most Wanted 2012
path to my games: D:/Mike/Games/
Windows language: Slovak

Posted 02/02/2013 08:08 AM   
OS: Windows 7 64bit Games: Diablo III, World of Tanks, World of warcraft Paths: E:\Games (WOT) E:\Diablo III E:\World of Warcraft Windows Language: English -US I have given full permission for updatususer in the specified folders but still not recognizing them.
Games: Diablo III, World of Tanks, World of warcraft
Paths: E:\Games (WOT)
E:\Diablo III
E:\World of Warcraft
Windows Language: English -US

I have given full permission for updatususer in the specified folders but still not recognizing them.

Posted 02/05/2013 10:04 AM   
I Can't Even Find My Graphic Card on Website Optimize Section OS: Windows 7 64bit Games: Need for Speed : hot Pursuit, Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 Crysis 2 Paths: "D:\Installed Games\Need for Speed Hot Pursuit\NFS11.exe" "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2\bin32\Crysis2.exe" "D:\Installed Games\Need for Speed Most Wanted\NFS13.exe" Windows Language: English -IND _________________________________________________________________________________ [i]CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, 3300 Mhz, 6 Core(s), Memory (RAM) : 4.00 GB Graphic Card : Palit GeForce GT 630 GDDR5 OS Name : Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit Graphic Driver : 310.70[/i]
I Can't Even Find My Graphic Card on Website Optimize Section

Games: Need for Speed : hot Pursuit, Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 Crysis 2
Paths:
"D:\Installed Games\Need for Speed Hot Pursuit\NFS11.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2\bin32\Crysis2.exe"
"D:\Installed Games\Need for Speed Most Wanted\NFS13.exe"
Windows Language: English -IND

_________________________________________________________________________________
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, 3300 Mhz, 6 Core(s),
Memory (RAM) : 4.00 GB
Graphic Card : Palit GeForce GT 630 GDDR5
OS Name : Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
Graphic Driver : 310.70

Posted 02/09/2013 05:22 AM   
windows 7 64 bit far cry 3, black ops 2, skyrim, borderlands 2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\FarCry 3\bin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops II C:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Borderlands 2 dutch
windows 7 64 bit
far cry 3, black ops 2, skyrim, borderlands 2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\FarCry 3\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops II
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Borderlands 2
dutch

Posted 02/13/2013 07:31 PM   
1) Windows 7 64bits 2) Diablo III V1.0.7 3) C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III 3) Français 4) retail DVD
1) Windows 7 64bits
2) Diablo III V1.0.7
3) C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III
3) Français
4) retail DVD

Posted 02/13/2013 07:29 PM   
This program is not just having trouble finding a single game, it cannot find any game.* 1) Windows 7 64bit 2) Team Fortress 2 3) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Pummelmuffin\team fortress 2 4) English 5) Steam ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 1) See Above 2) MechWarrior Online 3) C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online 4) See Above 5) Downloaded directly form www.mwomercs.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ And anything else on the supported games list I happen to own. *Some are complaining of connectivity issues, may or may not be involved
This program is not just having trouble finding a single game, it cannot find any game.*

1) Windows 7 64bit
2) Team Fortress 2
3) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Pummelmuffin\team fortress 2
4) English
5) Steam
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) See Above
2) MechWarrior Online
3) C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online
4) See Above
5) Downloaded directly form www.mwomercs.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And anything else on the supported games list I happen to own.

*Some are complaining of connectivity issues, may or may not be involved

Posted 02/13/2013 10:19 PM   
I had to run Geforce Experience as administrator, and it found my games that way.
I had to run Geforce Experience as administrator, and it found my games that way.

Posted 02/13/2013 10:29 PM   
Having all my games on E:\Steam\steamapps, I also get the error message "GeForce Experience cannot scan locations within user accounts". The entire drive is readable for any user. Doesn't matter whether I run GeForce Experience as admin or not. "The GeForce Experience Scan for games feature can only support unsecured directories. Directories that have access limitations (such as network shares, user directories, etc.) are not supported." That's pathetic. There are gazillions of programs that manage to scan any hard drive path for programs. Come on nVidia, you can do better than that!
Having all my games on E:\Steam\steamapps, I also get the error message "GeForce Experience cannot scan locations within user accounts". The entire drive is readable for any user.
Doesn't matter whether I run GeForce Experience as admin or not.

"The GeForce Experience Scan for games feature can only support unsecured directories. Directories that have access limitations (such as network shares, user directories, etc.) are not supported."
That's pathetic. There are gazillions of programs that manage to scan any hard drive path for programs.
Come on nVidia, you can do better than that!

Posted 02/19/2013 07:16 PM   
  1 / 12    
Scroll To Top