Dead Space 3 - definitely hope for 3D Vision
  3 / 5    
@francomg, im running with all graphics options max out + SMAA + 16x AF, and disable lensflares (there still some lensflares that render in only one eye, its kind of minor). Today i will try Sweetfx and see if works well. If anyone have a 5.1 sound system, use the 5.1 option in the "sound menu"...its awesome...i think devs improve a lot this feature. Like they spent a lot of time on it...more than 3D, sadly :( The classic mode its same mode like DS1/DS2..so you dont need the low convergence feature for aiming.....i like that way, for me more confortable. Edit1: Almost forget...i change the depth value in the .ini to 100% (Helix put by default 80% in presets). If you have ghosting leave default, otherwise let me know and tell you what values to change. Edit2: And i increase FOV (default is 75), you have to edit system.txt more info here: [url]http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space_3[/url]
@francomg, im running with all graphics options max out + SMAA + 16x AF, and disable lensflares (there still some lensflares that render in only one eye, its kind of minor). Today i will try Sweetfx and see if works well.

If anyone have a 5.1 sound system, use the 5.1 option in the "sound menu"...its awesome...i think devs improve a lot this feature. Like they spent a lot of time on it...more than 3D, sadly :(

The classic mode its same mode like DS1/DS2..so you dont need the low convergence feature for aiming.....i like that way, for me more confortable.

Edit1: Almost forget...i change the depth value in the .ini to 100% (Helix put by default 80% in presets). If you have ghosting leave default, otherwise let me know and tell you what values to change.

Edit2: And i increase FOV (default is 75), you have to edit system.txt more info here: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space_3
Posted 02/08/2013 02:44 PM   
DHR, Thanks for the fast reply. Let me know if SweetFx improves lighting and graphics for DS3, and if so, I'll definatelly want your help on this. SweetFX improved a lot my 3D gaming experience for FC3. Thanks for showing me that cool feature. So, it;s better to disable lensflare for DS3, I'll set it to off. I hope we don't lose much from the game leaving it off. I'll use the classic mode, since I've always enjoyed the way I've played Dead Space 1 and 2, and I don't recall using any crosshairs, it's not needed for this game. I usually play 3D games with 75% depth, so I guess I should not make any changes in the .ini file right? Why you need to edit the .ini file to 100% depth, can't you just add 100% depth using Nvidia control panel or the scroll from 3DV receiver???
DHR, Thanks for the fast reply. Let me know if SweetFx improves lighting and graphics for DS3, and if so, I'll definatelly want your help on this. SweetFX improved a lot my 3D gaming experience for FC3. Thanks for showing me that cool feature.

So, it;s better to disable lensflare for DS3, I'll set it to off. I hope we don't lose much from the game leaving it off.
I'll use the classic mode, since I've always enjoyed the way I've played Dead Space 1 and 2, and I don't recall using any crosshairs, it's not needed for this game.

I usually play 3D games with 75% depth, so I guess I should not make any changes in the .ini file right? Why you need to edit the .ini file to 100% depth, can't you just add 100% depth using Nvidia control panel or the scroll from 3DV receiver???

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits - Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz - Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z68 - Geforce EVGA GTX 690 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 (2T) - Thermaltake Armor+ - SSD Intel 510 Series Sata3 256GB - HD WD Caviar Black Sata3 64mb 2TB - HD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata3 64mb - Bose Sound System - LG H20L GGW Blu Ray/DVD/CD RW - LG GH20 DVD RAM - PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W - Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision Ready + 3D HDTV SAMSUNG PL63C7000 3DTVPLAY + ROLLERMOD CHECKERBOARD

Posted 02/08/2013 03:05 PM   
Yep, if you play around 75% depth, dont change anything in the ini. I change the value in the ini, because otherwise everytime i start the game i have to manually increase depth by shortcuts...change values in the ini, its automatic when i start the game (or you can comments // that lines and the game take the nvidia CP value). Also i increase FOV (default is 75), you have to edit system.txt more info here: [url]http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space_3[/url]
Yep, if you play around 75% depth, dont change anything in the ini. I change the value in the ini, because otherwise everytime i start the game i have to manually increase depth by shortcuts...change values in the ini, its automatic when i start the game (or you can comments // that lines and the game take the nvidia CP value).

Also i increase FOV (default is 75), you have to edit system.txt more info here: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space_3
Posted 02/08/2013 03:13 PM   
I recommend to adjust the default FOV to something higher, this way one can crank up the convergence/depth a little bit because the camera is a bit further away from the player. I have it set at 90° (FOV scale 1.2). Instructions on how to change the FOV here: [url]http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space_3#Edit_config_file_to_change_FOV[/url]
I recommend to adjust the default FOV to something higher, this way one can crank up the convergence/depth a little bit because the camera is a bit further away from the player. I have it set at 90° (FOV scale 1.2). Instructions on how to change the FOV here: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space_3#Edit_config_file_to_change_FOV

Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
Asus P8P67 PRO
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 8GB
nVidia GTX 660 SLI + nVidia 3D Vision
Asus Xonar Essence ST with AKG K601/Sennheiser HD 595
Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD + 5TB HDD Storage
Corsair AX 850 PSU
Coolermaster HAF 932 Case

HELIX MOD - A must for any 3D Vision gamer

Posted 02/08/2013 03:44 PM   
Ok, thanks for the info. I just gave a look at that link and found this: Edit config file to change FOV • Link here Open %LOCALAPPDATA%\EA Games\Dead Space 3\system.txt Search for the line Window.FOVScale Change the value from 1.00000000 to a higher one (default FOV is around 75 degrees). Save your changes. Note: In one cutscene if you change FoV there will be border in the middle of the screen. See screenshot for details. So, what's the value you're using for the FOV? I have no idea or paramter on what value to use, if it should be 2.00000000 or 3.00000000???? Lot of zeros, should be smaller numbers...lol
Ok, thanks for the info. I just gave a look at that link and found this:

Edit config file to change FOV • Link here

Open %LOCALAPPDATA%\EA Games\Dead Space 3\system.txt
Search for the line Window.FOVScale
Change the value from 1.00000000 to a higher one (default FOV is around 75 degrees).
Save your changes.

Note: In one cutscene if you change FoV there will be border in the middle of the screen. See screenshot for details.

So, what's the value you're using for the FOV? I have no idea or paramter on what value to use, if it should be 2.00000000 or 3.00000000???? Lot of zeros, should be smaller numbers...lol

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits - Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz - Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z68 - Geforce EVGA GTX 690 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 (2T) - Thermaltake Armor+ - SSD Intel 510 Series Sata3 256GB - HD WD Caviar Black Sata3 64mb 2TB - HD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata3 64mb - Bose Sound System - LG H20L GGW Blu Ray/DVD/CD RW - LG GH20 DVD RAM - PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W - Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision Ready + 3D HDTV SAMSUNG PL63C7000 3DTVPLAY + ROLLERMOD CHECKERBOARD

Posted 02/08/2013 03:46 PM   
Can somebody help me get this game working in 3d I bought this whole setup for this game and it won't work. I set the computer nvidia 3d setings to 1920*1080 at 24 hz and my desktop goes to 3d. Then the game starts saying it does not support 1920*1080 at 60 hz even though I just set it to 24hz and in the game options there is no way to change the hz to 24. Transformers fall of cybertron and DMC3 work excellent BTW fall of cybertron is amazing.
Can somebody help me get this game working in 3d I bought this whole setup for this game and it won't work.

I set the computer nvidia 3d setings to 1920*1080 at 24 hz and my desktop goes to 3d. Then the game starts saying it does not support 1920*1080 at 60 hz even though I just set it to 24hz and in the game options there is no way to change the hz to 24.

Transformers fall of cybertron and DMC3 work excellent BTW fall of cybertron is amazing.

Posted 02/08/2013 04:13 PM   
Don't worry, download a tool called refreshlock and set Dead Space 3 to work in 1080p24hz. Some games don't accept 24hz, so you need this app to lock some games to 24hz in order for 3DTV Play to work properly. 24hz is not suitable for gaming, that's why many games won't accept it. But Refreshlock will do the job, no worries.
Don't worry, download a tool called refreshlock and set Dead Space 3 to work in 1080p24hz. Some games don't accept 24hz, so you need this app to lock some games to 24hz in order for 3DTV Play to work properly. 24hz is not suitable for gaming, that's why many games won't accept it. But Refreshlock will do the job, no worries.

Posted 02/08/2013 04:41 PM   
@cosmiclegend, change the resolution in-game to 1280x720/60 and try again....this game dont have the option to 24hz, so you CANT get 1080p/24hz....for 3D gaming the only resolution that matters its in-game resolution (Forget about desktop resolution) See my sign --> "Helixmod" site... use those 3D fixes. [u]FOV:[/u] 1.00000000 --> 75 (default) 1.10000000 --> 82,5 1.20000000 --> 90 (im using this) 1.30000000 --> 97,5
@cosmiclegend, change the resolution in-game to 1280x720/60 and try again....this game dont have the option to 24hz, so you CANT get 1080p/24hz....for 3D gaming the only resolution that matters its in-game resolution (Forget about desktop resolution)

See my sign --> "Helixmod" site... use those 3D fixes.

FOV:
1.00000000 --> 75 (default)
1.10000000 --> 82,5
1.20000000 --> 90 (im using this)
1.30000000 --> 97,5
Posted 02/08/2013 04:56 PM   
Thanks alot do any 3d tvs/monitors support 1920*1080 at 60hz? I ask because my tv is within the 30 day return policy.
Thanks alot do any 3d tvs/monitors support 1920*1080 at 60hz? I ask because my tv is within the 30 day return policy.

Posted 02/08/2013 05:12 PM   
Sorry, what's that SweetFX thing?
Sorry, what's that SweetFX thing?

All hail Helix, 3d god among us! You can find him at http://helixmod.blogspot.com/
You can visit my virtual reality and 3d blog site at http://www.entraeneljuego.com for the latest news and reviews (in spanish)

Posted 02/08/2013 05:31 PM   
Nice guys, will definetly try this one out with Helix Fix and change the FOV as I really hate such a low fov as games usualy have by default! We are Pc Gamers damnit, we need adjustable FOV :D
Nice guys, will definetly try this one out with Helix Fix and change the FOV as I really hate such a low fov as games usualy have by default!

We are Pc Gamers damnit, we need adjustable FOV :D

Posted 02/08/2013 05:35 PM   
On the helix mod website it doesn't tell me what resolution the game supports in 3d.
On the helix mod website it doesn't tell me what resolution the game supports in 3d.

Posted 02/08/2013 05:44 PM   
[quote="birthright"]Sorry, what's that SweetFX thing?[/quote] here its some info and download. [url]http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html[/url] @cosmiclegend, you have an 660ti and Core2Duo , so if you want to get higher FPS i recommend try 720p in 3D and use AA. And there is none TV that support via HDMI 1080p/60 (except SBS or TB)...you have to search for 3D Vision Ready monitors and use dual DVI in order to get 1080p/60 Framepacking
birthright said:Sorry, what's that SweetFX thing?

here its some info and download.

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html

@cosmiclegend, you have an 660ti and Core2Duo , so if you want to get higher FPS i recommend try 720p in 3D and use AA. And there is none TV that support via HDMI 1080p/60 (except SBS or TB)...you have to search for 3D Vision Ready monitors and use dual DVI in order to get 1080p/60 Framepacking
Posted 02/08/2013 06:29 PM   
Guys, I've played Dead Space in 1080p24hz using 3DTV Play in my 63" Samsung Plasma 3DTV. Dead Space is a slow game, I mean, it's not a fast action game, so you can live with 24fps. It's not optimal gameplay, but it's playable, and in a huge screen like 50"+, it can be scary as hell, specially in 3D. It's possible to lock the game's resolution to 24hz and make Frame Packing 1080p24hz work. Just download Refreshlock tool, it's a free App. It's really easy to use it. I would never game at 720p/60hz in a big screen, cause the quality lack. In a big screen like TV, I can't stand 720p, and my Samsung TV doesn't scale well to 720p like other TVs do, like Sony for example. Dead Space is one the few games that are playbale at such low frame rate, like 24fps. 30fps is totally optimal for this game, you really don't need 60fps. The character moves very slowly, so it's OK to have low frame rates, just my opinion though. I'll play this game in 1080p120hz using my Samsung 27" screen. Once I finish it, I'll play the game again in my TV using Checkerboard mode, 1080p60hz, which should look much better than FP 720p60hz. I just hope there's not much lag using Checkerboard mode. Also got get used the game's controls using my Xbox controller, as when I play this game using my 27" monitor, I always use keyboard/mouse for better aiming. I've just installed the game and tried Helix fix, and it's working like a charm so far after I configured the convergence to my likings. I play with depth set at 75%. BTW, what's the difference between Solo Campaign and New Game+? I remenber that New Game+ was a mode that you could only select after finishing the game, so you could start a new game with all weapons and upgrade from the last time you've played. At least was like this with Dead Space 1 and 2, so I have no idea what that means for Dead Space 3, since I haven't finished the game yet, and the mode is there to select???? I appreciate if someone can enlight me on that matter...
Guys,

I've played Dead Space in 1080p24hz using 3DTV Play in my 63" Samsung Plasma 3DTV. Dead Space is a slow game, I mean, it's not a fast action game, so you can live with 24fps. It's not optimal gameplay, but it's playable, and in a huge screen like 50"+, it can be scary as hell, specially in 3D.
It's possible to lock the game's resolution to 24hz and make Frame Packing 1080p24hz work. Just download Refreshlock tool, it's a free App. It's really easy to use it.
I would never game at 720p/60hz in a big screen, cause the quality lack. In a big screen like TV, I can't stand 720p, and my Samsung TV doesn't scale well to 720p like other TVs do, like Sony for example.
Dead Space is one the few games that are playbale at such low frame rate, like 24fps. 30fps is totally optimal for this game, you really don't need 60fps. The character moves very slowly, so it's OK to have low frame rates, just my opinion though.
I'll play this game in 1080p120hz using my Samsung 27" screen. Once I finish it, I'll play the game again in my TV using Checkerboard mode, 1080p60hz, which should look much better than FP 720p60hz.
I just hope there's not much lag using Checkerboard mode. Also got get used the game's controls using my Xbox controller, as when I play this game using my 27" monitor, I always use keyboard/mouse for better aiming.

I've just installed the game and tried Helix fix, and it's working like a charm so far after I configured the convergence to my likings. I play with depth set at 75%.

BTW, what's the difference between Solo Campaign and New Game+? I remenber that New Game+ was a mode that you could only select after finishing the game, so you could start a new game with all weapons and upgrade from the last time you've played. At least was like this with Dead Space 1 and 2, so I have no idea what that means for Dead Space 3, since I haven't finished the game yet, and the mode is there to select???? I appreciate if someone can enlight me on that matter...

Posted 02/08/2013 06:50 PM   
@cosmiclegend Use RefreshLock, I had the same problem as I could not get any of the Dead Space games to work at 1920x1080@24hz. My setup also requires 24hz for 1920x1080 resolution and I have successfully ran all my games at this resolution between these two methods. Method 1.) Refreshlock - You must run the app before you launch a game. I have 100% success with all the Dead Space games. You can get more info here and download the app [url]http://www.m-h.org.uk/rl/[/url] Method 2.) Video Mode Filter - Excellent tool created by 3D community user Chiri. This works with DX9/10/11. You use the DX DLL version accordingly. See the second last post in this thread to get the filter. I used this for filter for both Sleeping dogs and Fable - The Lost Chapters as Refreshlock did not work. [url]https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/524305/3d-vision/steam-sale/[/url] Both games would always revert to 60hz when set to 1920x1080 and give me the red text. With Fable, I also used the Helix DLL along with a fix made by eqzitara. In this case you can use the Video Mode Filter to work with Helix's DLL by changing the name and configuring an ini file ex.> rename d3d9.dll to d3d9res.dll See Question 5 at this FAQ page [url]http://helixmod.wikispot.org/FAQ[/url] Fable fix here: [url]http://helixmod.blogspot.ca/2012/02/fable.html[/url] The 3D community is great place to find out about our unique hardware and problems we face in getting games to work the way we want to. Thankfully to the capabilities of the PC and modability. Taking a bit of time to learn how to use these tools will only enhance and get what you want out of your 3D gaming experience. I have no issues in running all my games in 3D at 1920x1080. I won't comprimise the graphic quality using 1280x720 since my rig can handle the process power needed to get great frame rates at 1920x1080. Hope this helps you or anyone who faces this 24hz thing. My next biggest find will be the OpenGL thing, there are a number of titles I'd like to get working in 3D that use OpenGL. This tool has been good for some of them, but it appears that the modder has stopped working on it. See link here if you are interested. [url]http://titaniumgl.tk/[/url] I would love to get Star Wars - Knights of the old Republic working in 3D. Such a great game.
@cosmiclegend

Use RefreshLock, I had the same problem as I could not get any of the Dead Space games to work at 1920x1080@24hz. My setup also requires 24hz for 1920x1080 resolution and I have successfully ran all my games at this resolution between these two methods.

Method 1.) Refreshlock - You must run the app before you launch a game. I have 100% success with all the Dead Space games. You can get more info here and download the app

http://www.m-h.org.uk/rl/

Method 2.) Video Mode Filter - Excellent tool created by 3D community user Chiri. This works with DX9/10/11. You use the DX DLL version accordingly. See the second last post in this thread to get the filter. I used this for filter for both Sleeping dogs and Fable - The Lost Chapters as Refreshlock did not work.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/524305/3d-vision/steam-sale/

Both games would always revert to 60hz when set to 1920x1080 and give me the red text. With Fable, I also used the Helix DLL along with a fix made by eqzitara. In this case you can use the Video Mode Filter to work with Helix's DLL by changing the name and configuring an ini file ex.> rename d3d9.dll to d3d9res.dll

See Question 5 at this FAQ page

http://helixmod.wikispot.org/FAQ

Fable fix here:

http://helixmod.blogspot.ca/2012/02/fable.html

The 3D community is great place to find out about our unique hardware and problems we face in getting games to work the way we want to. Thankfully to the capabilities of the PC and modability. Taking a bit of time to learn how to use these tools will only enhance and get what you want out of your 3D gaming experience. I have no issues in running all my games in 3D at 1920x1080. I won't comprimise the graphic quality using 1280x720 since my rig can handle the process power needed to get great frame rates at 1920x1080.

Hope this helps you or anyone who faces this 24hz thing. My next biggest find will be the OpenGL thing, there are a number of titles I'd like to get working in 3D that use OpenGL. This tool has been good for some of them, but it appears that the modder has stopped working on it. See link here if you are interested.

http://titaniumgl.tk/

I would love to get Star Wars - Knights of the old Republic working in 3D. Such a great game.

Posted 02/08/2013 07:01 PM   
  3 / 5    
Scroll To Top