GTX 660 Ti crashing windows. need help
  2 / 2    
well i ran the check disk on both the C: and D: drives and there were no bad sectors.
well i ran the check disk on both the C: and D: drives and there were no bad sectors.

Posted 01/24/2013 05:07 AM   
Try this and I am really going on a limb here :) Download 3DMark11 and see what happens when you test it.
Try this and I am really going on a limb here :)

Download 3DMark11 and see what happens when you test it.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 01/24/2013 12:32 PM   
running "the full 3D-mark experience" made my computer crash again, within a few seconds. it created this dump file: [url]http://i.imgur.com/E6uXib9.png[/url] running the benchmark tests only, the driver crashed to windows, and 3D-mark displayed this message: "Workload work failed with error message: eva::d3d11::rendering::scene_renderer::render(): draw_depth_task for thread 0: File: device_context.cpp Line: 515 Function: struct ID3D11CommandList *__cdecl eva::d3d11::deferred_device_context::do_finish_command_list(bool) Expression: native()->FinishCommandList( restore_deferred_context_state, &result): DX11 call failed. Device hung due to badly formed commands. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: ID3D11DeviceContext::FinishCommandList:" and windows gave me an error message saying "The display driver has stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 306.97 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
running "the full 3D-mark experience" made my computer crash again, within a few seconds. it created this dump file: http://i.imgur.com/E6uXib9.png

running the benchmark tests only, the driver crashed to windows, and 3D-mark displayed this message: "Workload work failed with error message: eva::d3d11::rendering::scene_renderer::render(): draw_depth_task for thread 0: File: device_context.cpp
Line: 515
Function: struct ID3D11CommandList *__cdecl eva::d3d11::deferred_device_context::do_finish_command_list(bool)

Expression: native()->FinishCommandList( restore_deferred_context_state, &result): DX11 call failed.

Device hung due to badly formed commands.
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: ID3D11DeviceContext::FinishCommandList:"

and windows gave me an error message saying "The display driver has stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 306.97 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Posted 01/24/2013 02:29 PM   
Ok, I have something for you to try..... [quote] 1) open your Registry editor 2) go to the key : HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetControlGraphicsDrivers 3) highlight it then right click on this key 4) Add DWORD TdrDelay 5) Set value of TdrDelay to the number of seconds you allow your GPU to run with no feedback to the system (ie Timeout watchdog..) personally I've set this value to 8 seconds (from the default 2s) so that it leaves plenty of time to the GPU to perform overcomplicated computing intensive kernel without having Vista considering a fault and hence "recovering the device" [/quote] Registry is: Start > Search > Regedit > Right click and Run As Admin. After the Change, reboot, and try 3Dmark11 again.
Ok, I have something for you to try.....

1) open your Registry editor
2) go to the key : HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetControlGraphicsDrivers
3) highlight it then right click on this key
4) Add DWORD TdrDelay
5) Set value of TdrDelay to the number of seconds you allow your GPU to run with no feedback to the system (ie Timeout watchdog..)
personally I've set this value to 8 seconds (from the default 2s) so that it leaves plenty of time to the GPU to perform overcomplicated computing intensive kernel without having Vista considering a fault and hence "recovering the device"

Registry is: Start > Search > Regedit > Right click and Run As Admin.

After the Change, reboot, and try 3Dmark11 again.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 01/25/2013 12:41 AM   
Just had a friend get a gtx660, not the Ti. Had the same exact problem, would play about 2 mins into game and windows would crash. Tried everything I knew and narrowed it down to video card. After two days of messing with it the card actually quit working. Returned card and got the 660Ti and haven't had a problem since. Something was wrong with that card. You should try another card and see what happens.
Just had a friend get a gtx660, not the Ti. Had the same exact problem, would play about 2 mins into game and windows would crash. Tried everything I knew and narrowed it down to video card. After two days of messing with it the card actually quit working. Returned card and got the 660Ti and haven't had a problem since. Something was wrong with that card. You should try another card and see what happens.

Posted 01/26/2013 04:01 AM   
I am having this exact same issue, my GTX460 works perfectly find. I called EVGA tech support and they said that the most likely cause is a bad power supply as the 660ti is apparently much more sensitive to small voltage fluctuations than other cards. I'm getting my new power supply today to test and I'll update this to let everyone know if it helped. But it's literally the same issue, down to about 1 1/2 minutes per game before a crash.
I am having this exact same issue, my GTX460 works perfectly find. I called EVGA tech support and they said that the most likely cause is a bad power supply as the 660ti is apparently much more sensitive to small voltage fluctuations than other cards. I'm getting my new power supply today to test and I'll update this to let everyone know if it helped.

But it's literally the same issue, down to about 1 1/2 minutes per game before a crash.

Posted 04/01/2013 11:31 AM   
[quote="zachska87"]I am having this exact same issue, my GTX460 works perfectly find. I called EVGA tech support and they said that the most likely cause is a bad power supply as the 660ti is apparently much more sensitive to small voltage fluctuations than other cards. I'm getting my new power supply today to test and I'll update this to let everyone know if it helped. But it's literally the same issue, down to about 1 1/2 minutes per game before a crash.[/quote] I only recommend CORSAIR and PC POWER and COOLING with a single 12v rail.
zachska87 said:I am having this exact same issue, my GTX460 works perfectly find. I called EVGA tech support and they said that the most likely cause is a bad power supply as the 660ti is apparently much more sensitive to small voltage fluctuations than other cards. I'm getting my new power supply today to test and I'll update this to let everyone know if it helped.

But it's literally the same issue, down to about 1 1/2 minutes per game before a crash.

I only recommend CORSAIR and PC POWER and COOLING with a single 12v rail.

Posted 04/01/2013 12:52 PM   
This is the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MYFODI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Should be here by 8pm.
This is the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MYFODI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Should be here by 8pm.

Posted 04/01/2013 02:42 PM   
The new power supply did not resolve the issue, I am now RMA-ing my motherboard despite my other video card (GTX 460) working perfectly fine at max load. I'm going to be really mad if this doesn't finally resolve the issue because I'm out over $400 now for a card that doesn't work. :(
The new power supply did not resolve the issue, I am now RMA-ing my motherboard despite my other video card (GTX 460) working perfectly fine at max load. I'm going to be really mad if this doesn't finally resolve the issue because I'm out over $400 now for a card that doesn't work. :(

Posted 04/01/2013 06:57 PM   
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/7zFJF0P4ilPA61EMdKzl2gp Would anyone mind giving that a look over to see if I might be missing something?
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/7zFJF0P4ilPA61EMdKzl2gp

Would anyone mind giving that a look over to see if I might be missing something?

Posted 04/01/2013 07:00 PM   
Curious on what it looked like with other PSU in as well. Do you know you have this installed: Splashtop - Looks like REMOTE DESKTOP SOFTWARE. FileZilla Google Talk I would not be using the 314.22 driver either. 306.97 Do you use the Metro Desktop or Apps? Other than that I see nothing wrong except 3.2v on the 3.3v rail and 11.9v on the 12v rail.
Curious on what it looked like with other PSU in as well.

Do you know you have this installed:

Splashtop - Looks like REMOTE DESKTOP SOFTWARE.
FileZilla
Google Talk

I would not be using the 314.22 driver either. 306.97

Do you use the Metro Desktop or Apps?

Other than that I see nothing wrong except 3.2v on the 3.3v rail and 11.9v on the 12v rail.

Posted 04/02/2013 12:10 AM   
Did a complete reinstall of Windows and all drivers/games, still crashes no more than 2 minutes into any game.
Did a complete reinstall of Windows and all drivers/games, still crashes no more than 2 minutes into any game.

Posted 04/02/2013 09:26 PM   
Hey everyone...I think I fixed the issue. I overvolted my card with E-LEET to 1.05v and not a single crash since!!! I saw on another forum where a user had the same issue as me and OP, and that's how he was able to resolve it. It worked! Thanks for all your help!!!
Hey everyone...I think I fixed the issue. I overvolted my card with E-LEET to 1.05v and not a single crash since!!! I saw on another forum where a user had the same issue as me and OP, and that's how he was able to resolve it. It worked! Thanks for all your help!!!

Posted 04/02/2013 11:37 PM   
Thanks for the Update. If that program does not lock it in and has to reapply each time, then you might take a look at [url=http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?284014-KGB-Kepler-BIOS-Editor-Unlocker]this[/url] thread.
Thanks for the Update.

If that program does not lock it in and has to reapply each time, then you might take a look at this thread.

Posted 04/03/2013 12:16 AM   
3DMark passes within spec, so it's for sure fixed now. I saw that thread but I used 64 bit windows so NVFlash won't run...I'll need to make a boot disk. Thanks for the info! I'll let this thread die now.
3DMark passes within spec, so it's for sure fixed now. I saw that thread but I used 64 bit windows so NVFlash won't run...I'll need to make a boot disk. Thanks for the info! I'll let this thread die now.

Posted 04/04/2013 12:54 PM   
  2 / 2    
Scroll To Top